Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/29/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, bannana said:

So NutMeg is now saying she is one of three Repubs or conservatives on ABC.  Hmmm...  So there's Chris Christie.  Ana Navarro. NutMeg.  Apparently no other conservative pundits on ABC?

Wish she had specified "pundits" or "political analysts."  Her comment is definitely incorrect...in general.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

So the story about Armie Hammer’s kid is really about Meg’s boobs. Okay. 

And, Creepy Sunny, is a father really going to let his own child chew on his toes if he has "athlete's foot" or worse?   I hope nothing ever upsets your perfect little world.  Your reaction was creepier than the story.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Career Women.    So Whoopi took Alex with her ("under my armpit") all those early years she had to make a living?  That doesn't jibe with most of the stories we've read.  Didn't Whoopi's mother practically raise Whoopi's daughter?  Weren't there repercussions?

• Love 19

About to watch HT but did see DS....when in the bluedilly hell did he become so hawt?

As for Idris tomorrow, no thanks....I don't think I can take Sunny acting ignorant during his interview.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

And, Creepy Sunny, is a father really going to let his own child chew on his toes if he has "athlete's foot" or worse?   I hope nothing ever upsets your perfect little world.  Your reaction was creepier than the story.

I don't remember if it was this topic or Snooki drinking topic, but I hate when Sunny holds her closed hand to her chin as if she's pondering some very deep thoughts. Then she holds it there as she speaks. Sometimes it's just a prolonged "Yeaaah...."

BTW, Snooki was not breast feeding.

2 hours ago, debbie311 said:

I agree, Whoopi is becoming more and more annoying.  Lately I have noticed she doesn't seem to "get" what Joy is saying and needs to have it explained to her.  Like today, she immediately takes offense - "isn't that what I just said?"  It was a really awkward moment.  She is a cranky old control freak who does not like to be questioned. Honestly, she is annoying me more than MM right now.  Maybe it's time for her to retire.

Whoopi has always annoyed me the most. No co-host has ever annoyed me more that her. Not one.

Does she have some clause in her contract that her daughter needs to have 3 close-ups when she's there.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, lusinia said:

Not just this show apparently, now Meghan's one of the only Republicans on the ENTIRE NETWORK.  Oh, her burden is so great.

Did she say "conservative" Republican?? Because that is one of her new buzz words.

Is there NOTHING else she can talk about?

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
(edited)
39 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Did she say "conservative" Republican?? Because that is one of her new buzz words.

Is there NOTHING else she can talk about?

if theres another conservative republican at the panel she'll say "iM a BLONDE cOnsErvaTive rEpUBLIcaN hunny"

Edited by bella1716
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Career Women.    So Whoopi took Alex with her ("under my armpit") all those early years she had to make a living?  That doesn't jibe with most of the stories we've read.  Didn't Whoopi's mother practically raise Whoopi's daughter?  Weren't there repercussions?

Even Alex, sitting in the audience, seemed surprised to hear that she went everywhere with Whoopi.  The Whoopi that has revealed that she had a drinking problem and a drug problem. She was a teenager when she gave birth to Alex.  And she dragged her around under her armpit.  😮

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I must say.... I thought Meghan looked nice today. An age-appropriate dress, and a neckline that didn't make her look like an off-duty nun.

The lipstick was a bit much.

She did look better than most days!

• Love 4
18 hours ago, bella1716 said:

I actually think Whoopi, not Meghan, is what's gonna make me stop watching this show rn. The preaching a bunch of nothing every single show is exhausting/embarrassing. They need a whole new panel. Joy, Sunny, and Ana are the only ones that can stay imo

Agreed. Whoopi’s legacy is something to be respected but she clearly does not want to be on this show anymore, and has pretty much said as much as without actually saying it. IIRC when she took this job it was around the time she was blacklisted because of saying negative things about Bush Jr? So the jobs and endorsements were drying up, and Barbara Walters gave her one. But the show isn’t what is what it was she needs to go, either retire and focus on her cannabis and clothing businesses, doing standup and maybe making a TV/Movie appearance once and a while. They need to revamp the show all together. I say Joy as moderator, or Sunny if Joy wants to retire. We can keep Abby if she decides to come back after leave, because she can actually separate politics from the rest of life, or Tara Setamayer. Get rid of Nutmeg, keep Ana on Fridays, and for God sakes throw a Progressive on the panel regularly if not permanently (like Ana Kasparian from TYT).

6 hours ago, bannana said:

Even Alex, sitting in the audience, seemed surprised to hear that she went everywhere with Whoopi.  The Whoopi that has revealed that she had a drinking problem and a drug problem. She was a teenager when she gave birth to Alex.  And she dragged her around under her armpit.  😮

I caught that. Every story I’ve heard is that Whoopi’s Mother basically raised Alex while Whoopi pursued her career and dealt with all of her other issues. Which is fine honestly...be grateful that your child is in the care of someone who loves and nurtured them while you sort yourself out. But let’s not pretend Alex was attached to her hip while she went on auditions and whatnot. I’ve known a lot of women like that...absentee during the formative years for whatever reason, and when the child is older and thriving, the take all the credit without acknowledging the massive amount of help they had along the way and proclaiming they did it all on their own. It’s also probably the reason why Whoopi pushes (pushed?) Alex so hard to be “something” and why she financially supports their entire family...because of guilt of not being there in the early years. And that’s probably why she’s so reluctant to give up this View paycheck.

• Love 16
16 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

It also doesnt jibe with reality. Newborn infants can be carried around fairly easily.  But only for the first half year of life.  After that, they get squirmy, vocal, restless. You can't carry a 12 month old into an audition or an interview.  Whoopi is engaging in hyperbole once again. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

80% of the first segment was all Whoopi, 10% Meghan and the last 10% was divided up between Sunny and Joy.  They should just start calling the opening segment "Whoopi's Rant o' The Day." 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

Add yet another "close friend" of Meghan's to the mix.  Her "close friend" who is a member of the Yang Gang.  Never just "a friend" with her.  I wonder if this close friend is ride or die status though. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

What is Meg’s obsession with Tulsi Gabbard?  

I know, right?! Must be the military thing. I'm just glad it's a positive obsession. Usually when Meghan obsesses over a female politician (like AOC), it's negative.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I think she's her new girl crush.  I wonder how crushed Erika Jayne is over this.  Probably not much, I'm guessing.  #byebyepussyposse  #teamtulsi

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Add yet another "close friend" of Meghan's to the mix.  Her "close friend" who is a member of the Yang Gang.  Never just "a friend" with her.  I wonder if this close friend is ride or die status though. 

I thought Meghan only had friends that belonged to her tribe.  At least that is what she said a few months ago.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I thought Meghan only had friends that belonged to her tribe.  At least that is what she said a few months ago.

Well, I guess no one's safe now.  Even Democrats.  You, too, could become a "close friend" of Meghan McCain.  Whether you like it or not. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
(edited)

I wonder how Sunny would react if her husband gushed over some beautiful actress like she is doing with Idris?

Come to think of it, if ANY man acted that way towards a beautiful actress he would be hung out to dry, lose his career and probably have to defend himself in civil court. 

Edited by rickhurst3186
Clarification
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

Thank God Whoopie's daughter got another day off from work to be in the audience.  Oh!  Wait!

Being Whoopi’s biggest fan is her job. 

Meg was really quiet today. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
(edited)
6 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

Guess MM forgot about another conservative at the network, Paula Faris.  I'd take her any day over the nit wit MM.

Same for me! Too bad Whoopi had to go after Paula Faris. 

I hope this is the last week I ever see or hear Meghan McCain ever again, please God.

3 hours ago, Haleth said:

As Joy pointed out when she was on the show a week or two ago, far right extremists love Gabbard. There's a reason, imo, but I would be going off-topic. See CynicalGirl's post.

Anyways, I appreciated Sunny showing the picture of Hillary Clinton at ground zero the day after 9/11. As for her gushing over Idris Elba, I wouldn't be surprised if TPTB tell her to make over the male guests for comic effect, since she's sitting in what used to be Sherri's spot. Sherri used to be the one who did most of the advertisements back then, too, the same way Sunny is stuck doing View Your Deal all the time. Sunny is practically reserved in comparison to how Sherri acted.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 16
21 hours ago, Tammee said:

Oh I Know!  How many people around the country knew that?  I had never heard or read that. 

I have seen very little coverage about the Kushner owned slums in Baltimore. Why is this not on the  news shows every single day since the Cummings rant? Funny, isn't it, how stories like this seem to "go away" very quickly? Good for Joy!

• Love 18
42 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I have to disagree with Joy about Biden. She said his poll numbers are higher than the other candidates because voters like his policies better. I personally think it's because voters think he will be Trump more easily.

I think he just has the best name recognition for the people that barely pay attn to politics.  

• Love 12
56 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Same for me! Too bad Whoopi had to go after Paula Faris. 

100%!!  Too bad a human like Whoopi Goldberg has been given the extreme power Disney and ABC have given her.  It's ridiculous!

(I started to type "unconscionable," but sounded really over-the-top)

Actually, Paula is in a much better spot.  If Whoopi and Meghan ever disappear, maybe we could have Paula as an enjoyable fill-in.  Her current job has more prestige in the real world.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I have to disagree with Joy about Biden. She said his poll numbers are higher than the other candidates because voters like his policies better. I personally think it's because voters think he will be Trump more easily.

I agree with you that Joy may be wrong on the reason, considering Biden isn't exactly the only moderate Dem running. There are several (Harris, Booker, Klobuchar, Buttigieg, O'Rourke, Gillibrand).

I don't care for either of them, Sherri was too much, Sunny too little.

I didn't like Sherri. I feel sorry for her because I know she has bills to pay, but I'm glad she isn't on The View anymore. I love Sunny though. She's one of the best co-hosts they've ever had. I love having someone who is prepared and intelligent at the table everyday, even if I wish they all were. Sherri, God bless her, was a complete buffoon. She is a good actress, but that's all I can say.

• Love 21
16 hours ago, Blissfool said:

BTW, Snooki was not breast feeding.

I agree!  She certainly wasn't breast feeding in that photo.  Are they implying that they know she pumped breast milk and that's what's in the bottle? 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I wonder if this close friend is ride or die status though. 

Ain't they all, y'all?   (Because that's how we native Arizonans speak in Noo York.)

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I didn't make it to Idris because my poor ears and my sanity (what's left of it) can only handle about 10 minutes of The EGOT but when it comes to Sherri and her interaction with the men on this show, nobody can out-Sherri Sherri.  She practically humped their leg like a dog.

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

I agree. Is he more of a moderate, yes, I think so. Therefore he could beat Trump. I'll watch his performance Wednesday.

I don't care for either of them, Sherri was too much, Sunny too little.

Agree on both parts. I think part of Biden’s appeal for some as well is that him being in office would be some sort of throwback to the Obama administration. No issue with Uncle Joe but I don’t really care for him as a presidential candidate. As you said, we’ll see how the debates go.

Sherri was ridiculous with her drooling and swooning over the male celebrities that came on the show. I get that she’s a comedian and it’s part of her schtick, but it was just embarrassing. Sunny’s not as bad, but honestly I could do without the swooning in general over the celebrities, male or female. Not that Idris Elba isn’t swoon worthy (boy oh boy is he swoon worthy!) but to me personally it just rings inappropriate. YMMV though. 

• Love 9

I’ve looked it up...it’s jillibrand not gillibrand....didn’t anyone correct her after the last show where she mispronounced the name incorrectly several times?  If you’re a pundit, you should at least be able to say the names correctly!!

• Love 10

#1    I thought Meghan was incorrect when she "remembered" where she met David Spade (was she in high school?).  It was NOT Scottsdale...although that might give the impression of being in an upscale area. 

She said "the Biltmore Esplanade."  There is a Biltmore Fashion Park (expensive shopping center).  There is an Esplanade across the street--an AMC multiplex, some small businesses and places to eat.  There is EVEN her parent's condo on the same south side of the street as the Esplanade.

This is MILES from Scottsdale.  Good thing she's coming back for a visit.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

#2   The Bachelor Franchise.   Meghan, the expert, proclaims that "everyone" on the shows is from Scottsdale.  I rarely watch the show, but when there are contestants from Scottsdale, it usually makes the papers and the evening news.

I checked this season's Bachelorette roster.  Not one Scottsdale resident.  The Bachelorette is Miss Alabama (don't know where she resides now).  Southern California is listed as the residence for most suitors.

I decided to look back at last season's Bachelor's contestants (that's the guy who proclaimed his virginity).  Again, not one Scottsdale resident among the women.

Two for two, Princess.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, Angelsmom1009 said:

Agree on both parts. I think part of Biden’s appeal for some as well is that him being in office would be some sort of throwback to the Obama administration. No issue with Uncle Joe but I don’t really care for him as a presidential candidate. As you said, we’ll see how the debates go.

Sherri was ridiculous with her drooling and swooning over the male celebrities that came on the show. I get that she’s a comedian and it’s part of her schtick, but it was just embarrassing. Sunny’s not as bad, but honestly I could do without the swooning in general over the celebrities, male or female. Not that Idris Elba isn’t swoon worthy (boy oh boy is he swoon worthy!) but to me personally it just rings inappropriate. YMMV though. 

I agree.  I think women should react around men how they want men to act around them.  No outward gushing about how hot you are, no grabbing, no leering.  

• Love 15
4 hours ago, OnTime said:

Am I not hearing things or did Meghan not say a word during the second segment about Baltimore?

Yes, I watched, and not a peep came out of the professional political "pundint's" mouth during that political discussion. I wish I could make her kind of money by sitting at a desk and looking mean and confused every day. I guess I wasn't born with the right name.

It looks like she has slightly plumped up her upper lip or bought one of those Kardashian lip kits, so she can twitch and snarl a little more effectively.

Can she please stay in Arizona or maybe slip on over to Fox and leave us alone?

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

She can’t say pundit correctly. 

When I FINALLY find a speech pathologist willing to work with her on those sad little "Ls," I'll start with that atrocious pronunciation...along with so many other words she will be drilled on.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4