Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/29/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Thank you -- I tried typing in the URL after clicking on "insert other media", and the URL box turns reddish, but that's it.  I obviously need to be doing something different, but the FAQs don't cover it.

You need to simply click the "link" button above message box, the one that looks like a chain link, and paste in the URL. 

• Useful 1
11 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Joy - I swear I am not picking on her this week, she just says crazy stuff sometimes.  So Joy wouldn't like to live by her in-laws BUT her daughter and son-inlaw live downstairs in her building?  How does that work?

yeah, Joy sticks her foot in her mouth a lot.

Not hating on her, just stating a fact. Here's another...she thinks she's funnier than she actually is.

Love ya, Joy!

8 minutes ago, bannana said:

I don't have kids, but even I get this.  She wants her daughter and grandson close.  She doesn't or wouldn't care about having in-laws (parents-in-law) close, they would just annoy her! 

Yeah, but she's gotta understand that her son-in-law might not appreciate the fact that she lives so close by.

I'm sure Joy would say, "So what? Who cares?"

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

She only vacations in red states that’s incredible.  Nevada?  She majored in art history and doesn’t want to exposed to  all the art that she could easily afford to do.   Unless of course your idea of art is flags and dead animal skins.  She only vacations in states where majority of residents are conservative , which makes her so patriotic.

Think of the sacrifice she's making actually deigning to live in a blue state.

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Think of the sacrifice she's making actually deigning to live in a blue state.

Well, she made it awkwardly clear.  She said she is a resident of NYC, but not a New Yorker.  And she is an Arizonan.

We all have moved many times in our adult lives and somehow the rest of us don't disparage the current city/state/province we are living in.  But MeAgain is so traumatized to be living in NYC because as soon as she leaves her apartment it is non-stop assault on her conservatism!  It must be the worst place to live in the world.  And, yet, she never went back to her beloved Arizona for a year.

What do normal people do when they live in the city and don't enjoy it?  They go back to Iowa or Arizona or wherever. 😕

• Love 13
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Then she says that every where she goes, people ask her, "why are you still a conservative?"  She needs to get her hearing checked,  its "why are you such a bitch?"

So good it bears repeating!

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, pinguina said:

*I thought the orgasm "discussion" was dumb.

I can have raunchy or serious sex discussions with the best of them--at the right time and place. I often picture how 4-5 men on a similar panel would do if they were told to present this type of silliness.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Wow, this solves my family's long-running debate  on the pronunciation of gif. Since i win, I will bring it up during Thanksgiving dinner. It'll be enough time for me to come up with an explanation for when a smart-ass relative says, "How do you explain get?"

This is a supposed expert source:

Pronounce the letter “G” as a “J” sound if the letter “G” is followed by the letters“E”, “I”, or “Y”. This is true in the words gem, gin, gym, judge, cage, and edge.

My exceptions: get - gimp - gimlet - give - gynocologist - Gideon - gig - gecko - Gilbert -  many more...

Pronounce the letter “G” as a “G” sound, if the letter “G” is followed by the letters“A”, “O”, or “U”.

Seems right.

And..."The debate over how to pronounce GIF, which stands for Graphics Interchange Format, re-emerged this week when Steve Wilhite, the inventor of the widely used Web illustration, declared it should be pronounced “jif,” like the brand of peanut butter, rather than with a hard G sound."

6 hours ago, falltime said:

@blondiec0332 MM said she wouldn't mind if her in laws lived with her.

Vice versa?  Time will tell.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Haleth said:

This was a historic blackout. I was a little kid but I remember it. 

Me too.  It started right in the middle of my piano lesson, so I didn't complain.

Methinks Joy put faking orgasms on the list of topics to shut Meghan up, since sex is the one thing she won't talk about.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3

Mea culpa, I looked at the clip of Meghan talking about her vacations and she said that she went to Montana on her honeymoon and does "red state stuff" on her vacations, so I did misquote her. So I guess she does red state stuff when she visits Europe or wherever?

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Kenz said:

Mea culpa, I looked at the clip of Meghan talking about her vacations and she said that she went to Montana on her honeymoon and does "red state stuff" on her vacations, so I did misquote her. So I guess she does red state stuff when she visits Europe or wherever?

It is still a ridiculous thing to say. Who the hell talks like that?  I live in Ohio and I am surrounded by conservative Republicans and I swear I have never heard people say anything even close to that,  "I do red state stuff"😄,  so stupid. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
And I have heard people in ohio say stupid things.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
8 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:
26 minutes ago, Kenz said:

It is still a ridiculous thing to say. Who the hell talks like that?  I live in Ohio and I am surrounded by conservative Republicans and I swear I have never heard people say anything even close to that,  "I do red state stuff"😄,  so stupid. 

She might have a successful "hard" book if she collected/published a list of all the things she accepts as being "red stuff" stuff.  It would have to be in a humorous form, so she'll need some big time help with that aspect.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:
23 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

The bolded quote isn't mine; it's Xingu's...there's a little technique to the quote system here.

Did you want me to go in an edit my post. ?it's obviously upsetting you, so I'll try to do that.

What?  Nothing/no one on this forum upsets me; very little in life upsets me. I'm here for snarky repartee and I enjoy the clever participants.

I wasn't hinting at an edit. I simply wanted Xingu to have the credit for something HE wrote...not me.  Posters write that "not me" often and they're not upset.

The "little technique" comment wasn't a dig...it was meant as a helpful hint.

• Love 15
17 hours ago, lusinia said:

She called it a "historical blackout"? 

Perhaps it WAS "historical" because The Princess of Arizona was without air-conditioning for five whole hours!  Her biographers already took note.  PatrioticCandles.thumb.jpg.8a7c9badd2f2aaadf1f44dc2e86e6ce9.jpgFortunately she has a large stash of "patriotical"   candles, so she was NOT without light.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Yeah, but she's gotta understand that her son-in-law might not appreciate the fact that she lives so close by.

In 1963 we were planning our 1964 wedding; I still lived at home (the last of three daughters). Unfortunately (for me) we were moving from my born-and-raised Arizona to California.  My mother, in AZ since 1938, said to my fiance` and me, "I'm thinking of getting a transfer to California."  My fiance` said, "Just so you don't move within sixty miles of us."  (OMG!) I have no idea why he said it or why it was sixty miles.  When I asked him he said it just popped out of his mouth.  My mother immediately walked upstairs in our tiny co-op and began ironing...as if she were using an anvil: bang-bang-bang.  She and my husband were never friends after that.  We moved to San Jose in January and moved back to Arizona in December.   She never mentioned how lucky she was.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, jumper sage said:

jumper sage I hope you aren’t shaking your head and walking away because of my poor unreadable  sentence structure. I’ve been struggling. 

My recording abruptly ended did they acknowledge that they were signing off for

their break?  It will be interesting to see if there’s any change in hosts ( which autocorrected to hoses)   

• LOL 1
24 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Something that bugs me, that I've been having a tough time explaining exactly.  

when Meghan makes comments like the "don't look at me, I went to Montana"  she always looks off to her left.  It makes it look like there's someone there, in the audience that she's talking to.  maybe it's a producer?  it just seems really rude and strange.  like, the others are having a conversation, and she's having a private side-conversation with a friend.  Almost as though she was part of the audience, not part of the show. And she does it while the other hosts are still talking, so it's really hard to follow on tv, because her snide comments are picked up as talking over the others. 

It's usually a similar thing - like don't look at me, I don't have children, don't ask me, my only pet is a cactus, don't look at me, I go to PF Chang's .     Often said with her mouth pulled to one side, and looking to her left.  

The effect is that she distances herself from the other hosts, she's commenting ON their discussion, but not TO them.  

I agree with you.  That side eye thing she did before she came to The view.  It annoys me.  I think she is looking at herself in the monitor.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
57 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I agree with you.  That side eye thing she did before she came to The view.  It annoys me.  I think she is looking at herself in the monitor.

I think so too.  And she seems to be pleased with what she sees, while what we see is an entitled brat who should be ashamed of herself!

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, pinguina said:

Sorry, Bannana.  That was my opinion/view if you'd like not MM's.

Oh, hahaha, stupid me, I should have read it more carefully.  That makes a lot more sense. 🙃

I don't know much about DeBlasio and have no understanding why MeAgain and Whoopi hate/dislike him so much.  I thought he did pretty well on the View, but he is a true politician, so comes across as somewhat insincere.  But he mostly said the right things.  I was very glad we didn't have to hear Whoopi yell at him about bike lanes, etc.

• Love 14
25 minutes ago, deirdra said:
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

I think so too.  And she seems to be pleased with what she sees, while what we see is an entitled brat who should be ashamed of herself!

Such a PROESSIONAL entitled brat.  What other host or guest (not even showbiz guests) check themselves in the monitor or comment about what they hear in their earpieces.  Send that neophyte to on-air broadcasting school.

1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Often said with her mouth pulled to one side, and looking to her left.  

HEY!  She's a cowgirl; that's how they tawk!

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Jenna Bush Hager too

Its insane the difference between Jenna and Meghan. You don't hear Jenna trying to make everything about her father and trying to brag about her connections. She'd make a way better cohost even tho I hated her father as prez lol

Bring her backkk. I hear ABC is in talks to bring Keke Palmer on the Strahan and Sara show as a third host. They might as well bring Sara back to the view and ship Megan off to the Real Housewives of Arizona. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, bella1716 said:

They might as well bring Sara back to the view and ship Megan off to the Real Housewives of Arizona. 

Wouldn't THAT be a coup!  Andy Cohen would be in it in a minit (more fun to spell it that way).  We have enough rich crazies here to populate several reality shows.  Let Meghan be the FIRST Ho'wife, though, so she can have continual (monotonous) bragging rights.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

jumper sage I hope you aren’t shaking your head and walking away because of my poor unreadable  sentence structure. I’ve been struggling. 

NOT AT ALL!  I walked away from the very thought that a person would pick a destination by who has been elected.

• Love 9
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:46 AM, lusinia said:

No, she didn't; people promoting a book always emphasize the title.

I wonder if it even has a title yet, if it's not out until next year. 

I also wonder if she'll read it at her usual speaking speed.

Jedidiah Bila advertised a book she was writing, with no title or release date, on her last day.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

when Meghan makes comments like the "don't look at me, I went to Montana"  she always looks off to her left.  It makes it look like there's someone there, in the audience that she's talking to.  maybe it's a producer?  it just seems really rude and strange.  like, the others are having a conversation, and she's having a private side-conversation with a friend.  Almost as though she was part of the audience, not part of the show. And she does it while the other hosts are still talking, so it's really hard to follow on tv, because her snide comments are picked up as talking over the others. 

It's usually a similar thing - like don't look at me, I don't have children, don't ask me, my only pet is a cactus, don't look at me, I go to PF Chang's .     Often said with her mouth pulled to one side, and looking to her left.  

The effect is that she distances herself from the other hosts, she's commenting ON their discussion, but not TO them.  

My 90 year old mother complains about this all the time.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

I know so many people who have insurance who could not get surgery’s, medications or treatment they need. It’s just a big money business.  A friend of mine sister is going bankrupt paying for her cancer treatments.  I think I understand where Whoopi is coming from.  

• Love 4
15 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Omg- yes!!  I complain about this all the time.  I never thought about it, but you are right, she removes herself from that conversation.  I’ve also known people like that- who couldn’t pass a window without checking out their reflection .  It drives me absolutely bat-shit crazy !!😜

8 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

My 90 year old mother complains about this all the time.

I’m with her!! I should come watch the show with her so we could bitch about it together -lol

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

I find it ironic that the pro lifer at the table brags about shooting animals for home decor 😁. She also deflects every mass shooting segment by talking about mental health, but if a cohost tries to explain how mental health ties into women needing abortions she'll yell NOPE ITS MURDER. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
3 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

Vermin, =rats and squirrels, meh 

I have a squirrel feeder in the trees... I love to watch them .  I understand they can be destructive, but I don’t have anything they bother.  I think they’re cute

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

The topic of Whoopi's daughter's income/profession was commented on somewhere here but I can't find it.  We learned that Alex Martin is a producer on "The Descendants."  I wondered if it was the successful Clooney movie or the very successful Disney series.  It's neither; it's

• A Disney 3-D animated film "Descendants" about the dream of reaching the unreachable and about the fact that something good can evolve from something evil.
  • Stars:  Whoopi Goldberg, Christy Scott Cashman
  • 14-minute animated short
  • Just watched part of it on YouTube where it has had 32 views
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 8/4/2019 at 10:39 AM, bella1716 said:

Bring her backkk. I hear ABC is in talks to bring Keke Palmer on the Strahan and Sara show as a third host. They might as well bring Sara back to the view and ship Megan off to the Real Housewives of Arizona. 

I wouldn't be against having Sara back. But I also watched the video of Sara's clips, and I'm not sure "logical" is a way I would describe her, haha. 😜 (I do love Tara's videos though!) During her time on the show she mostly spoke in a whole lot of platitudes and "I saw this great quote on Instagram" type statements and didn't she once claim Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemmings were "OMG so in love 😍"? I remember her lecturing gay people on the "Sarah Sanders gets kicked out of a restaurant" issue, and how rude I thought it was of her to try and dictate to a minority group the proper manner in which to stand up for their rights. I thought at the time that it was obvious that if her brother weren't gay she wouldn't be such a self-professed "LGBT ally".

I feel she was the original "both sides" member of The View to be honest. Hardly a deep thinker.

But she was also likeable, seemed to be a joy to work with, and was probably the most professional host on the show. Also when she got corrected on things she accepted it and moved forward, rather than carry on like a certain other host we could think of... or two. I would prefer Sara there than either Whoopi or Meghan. But I'd prefer a more intelligent panel member above Sara.

• Love 7

I am hoping that Whoopi uses her well-deserved vacation to study a few phrases that I thought would be useful to her:

"words cannot begin to express my emotions"

"I'm at a loss for words"

"I couldn't have said it better"

"words escape me" (or "words fail me")

I am sure you guys can come up with other helpful phrases for her to memorize.

Oh, and returned announcer is back to thanking " the makers of Apple & Eve for providing our audience with bottles of their delicious JEWS"!!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

OK, what is the protocol for discussing The View when they're on their summer vacation?  Will a new thread be started or is everything going to be handled here?

There's an all episode thread here.

• Useful 1
On 8/3/2019 at 2:50 PM, tinkerbell said:

Yeah she got that from Wendy Williams.  She would always use that line lol

• Love 2
On 8/2/2019 at 5:47 PM, Sarah Heart said:

We have farms, and squirrels are shot. They look so cute, but they arent.They get into houses, or cars,  and chew the wiring, they are very very destructive. (and Im a huge animal lover.)  

I can attest to this. I had a whole family of them chew a hole between my roof and one of my exterior walls. We were able to get them out before they chewed up any wires. 

• Love 1

On 8/2/2019 at 10:02 PM, athousandclowns said:

She only vacations in red states that’s just incredible.  Nevada isn’t red last election.   She majored in art history and doesn’t want to exposed to  all the art that she could easily afford to do.   Unless of course your idea of art is flags and dead animal skins.  She only vacations in states where majority of residents are conservative , which makes her so patriotic. 

What a constipated view of the world she has. 

That's because she wouldn't make it past customs in any other country. They can't stand her either. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1