Type keyword(s) to search

Naomie Olindo: The E is for Extra

• Start Topic

(edited)

I noticed there was no Naomi thread. I just read on another blog that Metul has been seen around town making out with various women and it is well know that he is not faithful to Naomi. This was supposedly reported by a Charleston local.  So...Naomi must just turn a blind eye?? Is she that desperate to try to lock him down?

Edited by PrincessPurrsALot
Updated title
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I noticed there was no Naomi thread. I just read on another blog that Metul has been seen around town making out with various women and it is well know that he is not faithful to Naomi. This was supposedly reported by a Charleston local.  So...Naomi must just turn a blind eye?? Is she that desperate to try to lock him down?

Really???? That does not surprise me AT. ALL.

I just posted this on the episode thread:

"Naomi not wanting to go to Denver doesn't make sense.  She hangs out with the group, including Craig, all the time.  What's the difference if they do it in another city?  When she brought up that Metul felt it was a disrespect (can't remember her exact words), I was like....aha!  Metul is using it as a little control method, which I've noticed he does with other things, i.e. the working out, the cooking.  

This is just a teensy way for Metul to get in her head and make a decision based on what he wants her to do.

I think Naomi's attraction to Metul is largely based on his future status as a doctor.  Craig's lack of ambition and drive is what drove her most crazy (it would drive me crazy too, so I get it, with your day-drinking boyfriend sleeping till 1:00 pm), but because she feels she could never get another guy "as good as Metul" (which she said last night), my guess is, she doesn't want to remotely rock the boat.

I haven't liked Metul since that first workout session, and I find him the least handsome of all the guys."

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Sterling said:

When she brought up that Metul felt it was a disrespect (can't remember her exact words), I was like....aha!  Metul is using it as a little control method, which I've noticed he does with other things, i.e. the working out, the cooking.  

She said she felt it was disrespecting him.  Craig has said shit like he is the best thing that ever happened to her and that Metul isn’t a good partner for her because he can’t go to weddings so yes he does in fact disrespect him and their relationship. Also, he is apparently sending her texts she recounted one to Kathryn that tries to bring up their relationship which is ridiculous. 

He also wants her to provide him with some sort of magical mythical closure which appears in his mind to be that she screwed up, misses him or at the very least that it’s not his fault and he is awesome.

I didn’t see the article about Metul so don’t know how accurate it is or even the actual story but they are still together at least on IG.

• Love 2
(edited)

She spells it Naomie. I like her. From following her on Instagram, she appears to be a loyal friend and a hard worker. According to the rerun episode where they had chyrons with input from cast and producers from show, the producers were impressed at how much time and effort Naomie put into her online business. I don’t think we’ve seen enough about Metul to pick up on his true feelings for her. Reality tv is the kiss of death for most relationships. I like them as a couple so I hope the endless speculation and gossip doesn’t hurt them, but only if he’s as decent as I hope he is. Again, I don’t know a thing about Metul, so if he is a cheater I hope he gets his ass handed to him. 

My respect for Naomie grew when she didn’t murder Craig for the law graduation/bar exam maze of half-truths, lies and insanity he dragged her through. I loved it when she would talk smack about him in French with her parents.

Also, I love her French parents.

Edited by Babyfoot
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Pickles said:

As a Naomi hater, I am really enjoying this.  I do hope it is true.  

I sometimes feel like my hatred for her is an unpopular opinion, but one look at twitter, with the southerncharm Naomi hashtag and WOW people hate her, even more than I do.  That makes me feel good.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Pickles said:

Her name is Naomie. Can you edit your title?

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

While I'm here, can we also add her last name, Olindo? It's only fair.

Yes! Please feel free to do all of that. Lol. I was doing good just to add the thread!

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Pickles said:

Yes! Please feel free to do all of that. Lol. I was doing good just to add the thread!

And I am so appreciative that you added it!  I was wondering why there wasn't one!

I think that changes to the thread title need to be made by the person who started the thread, as I tried, and it won't let me.

Would you mind doing it?  Naomie Olindo.  We can snark from there.  🙂

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Sterling said:

And I am so appreciative that you added it!  I was wondering why there wasn't one!

I think that changes to the thread title need to be made by the person who started the thread, as I tried, and it won't let me.

Would you mind doing it?  Naomie Olindo.  We can snark from there.  🙂

I am hopeless at this thread starting stuff. I contacted the moderators and have asked them to change the title of the thread to Naomie Olindo. Thanks everyone for alerting to this this!

46 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

You need to ask a Mod to change a thread title.

Thank you! I just did this.

• Love 1

Are Naomie and Metul still together?

I don't mind Naomie given that she's demonstrated the ability to recognize things about herself that could be improved, e.g. temper.

She seems to cling to men a way that isn't helpful, but maybe she clues in to that next.

• Love 3

My first thought was that Naomie wouldn't tolerate a cheater, but she put up with a lot of crap from Craig before they parted ways.  Anyone know how long they were together?  

I don't get the Metul love......especially the over the top behavior from Cam.  

I don't think it has to be orders from Metul that have Naomie not wanting to go on the trip with Craig.  I do think it's a disrespectful thing to do.  However, it's also her job, so let's be honest, it's not a real situation.  

I'm very "whatever" about her.  But I could definitely see her being a stereotypical, 20-something, know-it-all.  And that bugs.  

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

Looks super upscale and expen$ive!

You know, it's definitely an awesome facility, but the vibe there is so down to earth, very friendly and cool. It is pretty comparably priced to any boutique type group fitness studios, similar rates to an orange theory. The coaches there are all really cool and nice. And good!! I think it looks more fancy than it actually is -- it definitely has an inclusive feel, you see all body types and fitness levels. I feel from the piece it looks kind "celebrity-y" but in reality it's just a really cool group fitness studio with good people. Most of us were orangetheory diehards who followed all our favorite coaches when they went over there. It's so hard you are literally just trying not to die and not looking at anyone else so I don't even really notice her when she's in class!

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Does anybody know if she still has the handicapped kitten she adopted? If I recall, it didn't have the use of its back legs. That was such a big commitment and I didn't have a good feeling about her being up for it. I'm only up to Episode 4 of Season 6, but so far they haven't shown that kitten again. We see Gizmo and her in her closet with a friend's dog, but no kitten (or I guess it would now be an adult cat).

5 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

Does anybody know if she still has the handicapped kitten she adopted? If I recall, it didn't have the use of its back legs. That was such a big commitment and I didn't have a good feeling about her being up for it.

She didn’t adopt it she was only fostering it which she does for both dog and cats fairly regularly. She volunteers at an animal shelter as well.

• Love 5
Just now, biakbiak said:

She didn’t adopt it she was only fostering it which she does for both dog and cats fairly regularly. She volunteers at an animal shelter as well.

Oh, okay, I thought she adopted it. Thank you for that. I was worried about it!

Looks like she might not be coming back because on her instastory she posted an article that said she was working at Costco, she was helping a friend launch her product there and passed out some samples for a few hours, and joked that post reality tv life was hard. 

• Love 2
On 2/12/2020 at 2:03 PM, biakbiak said:

Looks like she might not be coming back because on her instastory she posted an article that said she was working at Costco, she was helping a friend launch her product there and passed out some samples for a few hours, and joked that post reality tv life was hard. 

She's a nice girl and probably somebody I would want to be friends with IRL but for reality tv, enh she's a little dull.  Bring on the bat sh!t crazies!

• LOL 1
1 minute ago, heatherchandler said:

She is blaming Kathryn for the Jason cheating rumors??

Apparently that’s also the rumor about the rumor,  the woman accused also brought up Kathryn.

• Love 1
(edited)
49 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Kathryn is truly awful.  

I never bought the whole Kathryn redemption narrative; it felt like the show did that strictly to distance itself from the T-Rav scandal and its formerly pro-Thomas moments.
And she‘s had too many mean onscreen moments herself that were more than just drug-fueled. Beyond just the recent racially-insensitive messages, a few things that show Kathryn is not a nice person:

-Video footage of her smoking while pregnant, among many other rumors of her behaving inappropriately while pregnant/around the kids.

-Back in S5 when she wouldn’t respond to any calls/texts for multiple days from Naomie/Danni/her workplace and they had to have her apartment building superintendent physically check in on her. 

-Her cold and cruel behavior toward her former good friend Jennifer Snowden when she was crying to her about her difficult birth and nearly losing her baby son. She couldn’t have cared any less and refused to even feign basic human empathy toward a gal who had once been very close to her. All Kathryn could focus on was the fact that Thomas *dared* to offer Jennifer a sympathetic pocket square to cry into at the previous reunion!

-Last season when Danni was openly weeping/truly bothered by the STD rumors about her and Shep that Madison spread. Kathryn just kept on sitting there staring dumbly at her and muttered a few random comments instead of offering her supposed friend any hugs or comfort.

Those poor kids of hers, left with parents like Kathryn and Thomas...

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15

I’ve always said that the fact that T-Rav is a horrible/disgusting pig does not mean that Kathryn isn’t herself pretty terrible.  She’s outdone herself this week.  Good for Naomie and Chelsea.  I’m curious to see how the “boys” respond.  I’m sure Craig will come up with some excuses for her.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

I’m sure Craig will come up with some excuses for her.

Craig is a whiny little B.  I've never liked him.  Allegedly he is the one who leaked it late last year that Naomie, Chelsea and Cam were not returning.  I don't know if I saw that in here or on FB/Instagram.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I actually listened to the Skinny Confidential podcast that Us Magazine writes about in the link. I found the diet talk excruciatingly boring but I actually enjoyed what Naomie said about her businesses as well as her experience on SC. I think she appears to be a pretty clever business owner. That she dislikes Kathryn is no surprise to me. https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/naomie-olindo-breaks-silence-on-southern-charm-exit-kathryn-dennis/

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder what happened.  I wonder if she discovered something.  Or, maybe she didn’t like NY.  

Maybe he broke up with her? I noticed she decisively deleted him from her Instagram but he hasn’t done the same. They had been searching for a place to live for a while maybe she insisted on being on the lease and he wouldn’t commit? 
Who knows? It did seem like she was really missing Charleston and her friends. I would think his new job would have been overwhelming and time consuming especially at the beginning.