Type keyword(s) to search

Naomie Olindo: The E is for Extra

• Start Topic

(edited)
8 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

They had been searching for a place to live for a while maybe she insisted on being on the lease and he wouldn’t commit?

They literally just moved into a short term rental that she most likely got them a huge discount on because she did spon for them (which is still up). He also has stopped following her. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, I wonder why he moved Naomi to NY with him.  He could’ve just used his move as the opportunity to end things.  Also, how do you carry on affair during covid?  

Charleston was basically open for most of the year, not to mention his job meant he didn’t work from home.

• Love 4

I read this morning he had been communicating (sexting) with his ex over the last year. The ex is in Chicago and when Naomi left this weekend, NYC, the ex came to NYC to be with Metul.  Dang, he's cold!  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Goodtimes said:

I read this morning he had been communicating (sexting) with his ex over the last year. The ex is in Chicago and when Naomi left this weekend, NYC, the ex came to NYC to be with Metul.  Dang, he's cold!  

Omg, if it’s  true, that’s just ridiculous.  So, a long distance type thing.  

I read that Metul is an anesthesiologist. I would imagine that working in that roll during covid was very stressful. I can imagine people kind of lost their minds for a while.  I’ve read that a lot of medical professionals suffered extreme psychological trauma for obvious reasons.  Maybe, that somewhat explains it. Still, it’s not right.  I do feel for Naomi.   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, I wonder why he moved Naomi to NY with him.  He could’ve just used his move as the opportunity to end things.  Also, how do you carry on affair during covid?  

Exactly.  Why not breakup before the move?  Maybe he wanted both relationships and thought he could do it since she’d be traveling to Charleston for work?

• Love 4
(edited)
15 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

He had been cheating with his ex-girlfriend for a year.  

Never liked him.  Jerk.  

He is a jerk, he always seemed like a jerk.  I am not surprised.  Also, it couldn't have happened to a more horrible person.  Sorry not sorry, I hate Naomie.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I'm not surprised. It was clear from watching them for ten minutes that she'd completely modified herself to fit in the mold of what he wanted/expected. No man is worth that, and no man will respect that long-term. 

• Love 9
On 7/13/2021 at 3:23 PM, snarts said:

I'm not surprised. It was clear from watching them for ten minutes that she'd completely modified herself to fit in the mold of what he wanted/expected. No man is worth that, and no man will respect that long-term. 

Yes, sadly that was my take as well. Plus the fact that he was a complete jerk was painfully obvious to anyone with ears. I just don't get why women will put up with guys like him. Never a huge Naomie fan, but I feel for her. Not great taste in men, which shouldn't matter, but obviously does to her.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, chlban said:

Yes, sadly that was my take as well. Plus the fact that he was a complete jerk was painfully obvious to anyone with ears. I just don't get why women will put up with guys like him. Never a huge Naomie fan, but I feel for her. Not great taste in men, which shouldn't matter, but obviously does to her.

I do, especially given Naomi’s hometown ties in Charleston: in some upscale Southern cities like that one, especially among a certain upper-tier class/social scene, landing a “good on paper” sort of guy is seen as the ultimate sign of success for well-bred women like her. Landing a doctor or lawyer is especially important to these types of women and their families. I’m quite sure Naomi looked up to Cameron and would’ve *loved* to have been in the same situation as her, with the perfect doctor hubs to allow her to work at her own pace, and the perfect house with perfect children and cats…

And it was obvious that Naomi overlooked a lot of Metul’s red flags because he checked off so many boxes for her otherwise. She definitely has a type, and apparently it’s very handsome and highly professional driven men. Nothing wrong with that, but I think she’s so driven to land that perfect life as the perfect wife as her end-game that she overlooks a lot of things in the meantime, like actual compatibility and mutual respect. 

I feel bad for her though; she obviously invested a lot into their relationship and was led to believe that she was truly “The One” for him. And shame on Metul for stringing her along for so long the way he did…hope it was worth ruining a solid relationship with a quality woman just to dick around on the side. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, GreenlinetoHarlem said:

I think I just heard that Craig is seeing Paige from Summer House, but I'm sure Naomie isn't interested in revisiting her time with that loser.

Well, no, but It made me wonder, since he had a hard time getting over her but I’m out of the loop with Summer House and don’t know Craig’s status. 

20 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

I do, especially given Naomi’s hometown ties in Charleston: in some upscale Southern cities like that one, especially among a certain upper-tier class/social scene, landing a “good on paper” sort of guy is seen as the ultimate sign of success for well-bred women like her. Landing a doctor or lawyer is especially important to these types of women and their families. I’m quite sure Naomi looked up to Cameron and would’ve *loved* to have been in the same situation as her, with the perfect doctor hubs to allow her to work at her own pace, and the perfect house with perfect children and cats…

And it was obvious that Naomi overlooked a lot of Metul’s red flags because he checked off so many boxes for her otherwise. She definitely has a type, and apparently it’s very handsome and highly professional driven men. Nothing wrong with that, but I think she’s so driven to land that perfect life as the perfect wife as her end-game that she overlooks a lot of things in the meantime, like actual compatibility and mutual respect. 

I feel bad for her though; she obviously invested a lot into their relationship and was led to believe that she was truly “The One” for him. And shame on Metul for stringing her along for so long the way he did…hope it was worth ruining a solid relationship with a quality woman just to dick around on the side. 

Yes, I do understand your explanation  I just don't understand why smart women don't just move on. My guess is that, because he was ambitious, unlike lazy Craig, she thought that was important and, long term, it certainly can be. And definitely picked up on the similarity to Cameron's husband. Sadly that similarity was being in the Medical field. Nothing else. Jason certainly appears to be a super nice man. I just wish women reized earlier that the right man is great, but just having a man is not a necessity.  But, I do understand most of us grow up expecting that happily ever after. I just hope she finds someone more like Jason-at least tge Jason we have seen-next time.

Just now, chlban said:

Yes, I do understand your explanation  I just don't understand why smart women don't just move on. My guess is that, because he was ambitious, unlike lazy Craig, she thought that was important and, long term, it certainly can be. And definitely picked up on the similarity to Cameron's husband. Sadly that similarity was being in the Medical field. Nothing else. Jason certainly appears to be a super nice man. I just wish women reized earlier that the right man is great, but just having a man is not a necessity.  But, I do understand most of us grow up expecting that happily ever after. I just hope she finds someone more like Jason-at least the Jason we have seen-next time. Or learns to be happy alone.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, snarts said:

No!  So her plan to be a Dr's wife fell through so now we're stuck her again?

I second that "No!"  Uugh somehow I knew it. 

Of course she acted like the show was beneath her when she thought she snagged a doctor.  Oh how the mighty have fallen. 

• Love 5

Is Naomi even connected to any of the women on the show at this point (not counting Pat)?  Am I forgetting someone?  She was tight with Cameron and Chelsea.  Certainly not with Katherine.  I don't think with Madison?

She knew the guys through Craig.  I'm not concerned about any kind of a "reunion" there.  I think they've both far outgrown each other by now.

I wonder what her motivation is for coming back?  Seems she'd be embarrassed to.  Her family has money and I thought she owned a restaurant and clothing boutique?  It doesn't seem like the paycheck would be the sole reason.  

I don't mind Naomie. She's not my all-time favorite but I'd much rather see her than Kathryn or Leva. 

I totally agree. 

Edited by Kiki620
Wanted to quote and respond.
  • Love 3
On 9/29/2021 at 1:30 PM, Kiki620 said:

Is Naomi even connected to any of the women on the show at this point (not counting Pat)?  Am I forgetting someone?  She was tight with Cameron and Chelsea.  Certainly not with Katherine.  I don't think with Madison?

She knew the guys through Craig.  I'm not concerned about any kind of a "reunion" there.  I think they've both far outgrown each other by now.

I wonder what her motivation is for coming back?  Seems she'd be embarrassed to.  Her family has money and I thought she owned a restaurant and clothing boutique?  It doesn't seem like the paycheck would be the sole reason.  

I totally agree. 

Publicity. She's drumming up business.

The restaurant businesses were devastated, no?  I can’t image how covid still impacts them.  I would imagine her return might be about money. Which is good for those who need it.  Sad if the only thing realty tv is good for is hurting feelings and feeding the egos of narcissists and spoiled rich kids.  

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

Publicity. She's drumming up business.

For her Labia store?

She "didn't want to" shit all over reality tv people just last year, so....

“I don’t want to be like s—tting on people that are still doing it or anyone in reality TV because I have lots of friends in reality tv and I think they’re great people — but I do think there’s a certain element of a very specific personality type that it takes to do something like that,” Naomie told hosts Lauryn and Michael Bosstick. “And you know, maybe the first couple seasons on a show when you’re new and you’re kind of green, you don’t really know how it works so you really are yourself, and I think some people truly are themselves. But then after a few years, which is why a lot of shows end up getting canceled after several years because it gets so robotic.”

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 7/15/2021 at 8:14 PM, GreenlinetoHarlem said:

I think I just heard that Craig is seeing Paige from Summer House, but I'm sure Naomie isn't interested in revisiting her time with that loser.

Someone posted that he’s out of his relationship.

With Naomi now single and Craig finally being serious about being a lawyer — you know that will be his story line for next season — it’s fate!

• Love 1
On 10/26/2021 at 10:51 PM, aghst said:

Craig finally being serious about being a lawyer

Despite all evidence to the contrary (pillow making, Summer House/Southern Charm acting, etc.).  Doesn't leave much time for being a dedicated, serious attorney, which is the only sort I would retain.  I used to be a Craig apologist of sorts, but I've moved on from pretty much all things Bravo, and look back wondering what I ever saw in most of it, lol.

That said, bring back Southern Charm New Orleans!!

• Love 5
On 10/29/2021 at 5:48 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Despite all evidence to the contrary (pillow making, Summer House/Southern Charm acting, etc.).  Doesn't leave much time for being a dedicated, serious attorney, which is the only sort I would retain.  I used to be a Craig apologist of sorts, but I've moved on from pretty much all things Bravo, and look back wondering what I ever saw in most of it, lol.

That said, bring back Southern Charm New Orleans!!

Amen. Most of the men on N.O. were mature, responsible and intelligent. Such a contrast to the Peter Pan's on this show. 

• Love 5