Type keyword(s) to search

Bachelor in Paradise 6: Speculation and Spoilers

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Just reread Reality Steve’s spoilers.  Can’t wait for what is coming up.   Lol that Hannah ends up with one of the franchises biggest players!

RS says there are 5 rose ceremonies, then the overnight dates and the final commitment (or not) which means one RS every 2nd episode more or less, so we should be getting lots of drama.  

Doesn’t she end up with Dylan ? 

2 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Drat.  Typo.   Fixed my original post.   It is Caelynn who ends up with Dean. 

I give their relationship until a week or 2 after the season ends . He likes his women even more than Blake . 

• Love 3
On 8/6/2019 at 1:42 PM, RealHousewife said:

Another Hannah G fan who thought Dylan was gay.

I still think he’s gay. If he’s still closeted, it makes a lot of sense for him to latch onto the one who looks like a Barbie. She’s less icky to kiss according to him. Much easier to pretend to enjoy it with a gal that’s very pretty to a majority of people. Basically if I had to go on a lesbian dating show as a straight woman, I’d pretend I was head over heels for the chick I could most tolerate so that I wouldn’t have to explore any other women. And best believe it would be the finest bitch in the house. Dylan just seems a little extra with Hannah. Something doesn’t seem right. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I still think he’s gay. If he’s still closeted, it makes a lot of sense for him to latch onto the one who looks like a Barbie. She’s less icky to kiss according to him. Much easier to pretend to enjoy it with a gal that’s very pretty to a majority of people. Basically if I had to go on a lesbian dating show as a straight woman, I’d pretend I was head over heels for the chick I could most tolerate so that I wouldn’t have to explore any other women. And best believe it would be the finest bitch in the house. Dylan just seems a little extra with Hannah. Something doesn’t seem right. 

Ohh I’m not convinced he’s straight either and totally agree with your post. I should have said “thinks he’s gay.” What surprised me is Hannah’s gaydar not going off. But she is still very young, and he was all over her. When I was Hannah’s age (not super long ago), if a man was very complimentary and flirtatious with me, my gaydar wouldn’t go off. I’d just think this man thinks I’m pretty! Lol I have more gay friends now and a bit better at being able to tell. 

Edited by RealHousewife

I listened to Dean on Ben's podcast. He vehemently defended Caelynn and criticized Bake for the release of those text messages. Most people saw both sides, saying Blake was proving e did not do what Caelynn said he did.  It was pretty obvious he was with Caelynn now, even though Ben acted like he didn't know that.

2 hours ago, nutty1 said:

I listened to Dean on Ben's podcast. He vehemently defended Caelynn and criticized Bake for the release of those text messages.

Dean criticizing Blake for how he treats women is like the pot calling the kettle black.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
48 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Dean criticizing Blake for how he treats women is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Considering they share the same ex (Kristina) and now have also "shared" Caelynn. Ewwww these people are gross. Let's hope none of them have STDs to pass around. It's hilarious how Dean thinks he has a say in any of this.

• Love 11
On 8/9/2019 at 8:06 PM, chocolatine said:

Dean really should not be saying anything about the situation at all . I know he’s dating Caelynn but he wasn’t exactly the epitome of a loyal , trusting ,good guy on his season . The whole story line that year was about how much of a loser he was .. so I’d think out of anyone , he’d understand how much the show can hurt your reputation . And in my opinion , Blake had every right to show those text messages . Why is it ok for caelynn to throw him under the bus on television and lie about what he did and said , without getting Blake’s permission to do so .. but he can’t defend himself and put what really happened out there ? Makes no sense 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 8/12/2019 at 1:25 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

Dean really should not be saying anything about the situation at all . I know he’s dating Caelynn but he wasn’t exactly the epitome of a loyal , trusting ,good guy on his season . The whole story line that year was about how much of a loser he was .. so I’d think out of anyone , he’d understand how much the show can hurt your reputation . And in my opinion , Blake had every right to show those text messages . Why is it ok for caelynn to throw him under the bus on television and lie about what he did and said , without getting Blake’s permission to do so .. but he can’t defend himself and put what really happened out there ? Makes no sense 

Exactly. I don’t know much about Dean, but I read how he feels about publicizing private text messages. I’d agree with him normally, but after Caelynn threw Blake under the bus on TV, that changes things. This is not the same situation as putting nude pictures out there for revenge or outing private text messages for the sole purpose of humiliating someone. If Caelynn didn’t handle things the way she did on BIP, Blake wouldn’t have felt the need to put those texts out there. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 5

Admittedly I'm only half paying attention to this mess this season but from the little I've seen, I'd be genuinely surprised if Hannah and Dylan last. This all seems so far as slightly dorky guy who never thought he'd get the hot girl and so is desperately clinging to her and she's going along because everyone says he's such a nice guy and thinks she'd be stupid to not want to be with him. 

• Love 10

Is Dean the very wealthy guy with strange teeth from a few seasons back, with the new-age dad?   Or am I putting 2 guys together?  Not talking about the guy who arrived via helicopter. 

49 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Is Dean the very wealthy guy with strange teeth from a few seasons back, with the new-age dad?   Or am I putting 2 guys together?  Not talking about the guy who arrived via helicopter. 

I don't think Dean comes from money but yeah, his dad was a bit New Ageish. Kalon was the guy arriving by helicopter who got reamed by Miss Emily Maynard for saying her daughter was "baggage."

1 hour ago, nutty1 said:

Before the season started, I thought Hannah and Dylan could be the next Jade and Tanner. Now, I am even shocked they became engaged. What a joke.

Wait, Hannah and Dylan get engaged? Eww. She must have caved to peer pressure and figured this would be best for her “career”. I didn’t know anything about Hannah prior to this (I gave up on Colton’s season before she started talking). She’s very pretty, and has a lot of IG followers, so I’m kind of surprised she has no idea how to let guys down gently. I imagine she has thousands of “Dylans” professing their love for her in her DMs and at bars. You’d think she’d have worked out ways to keep them at bay. It’s odd that she’s so easily manipulated and agrees to do whatever other people tell her to do. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

Wait, Hannah and Dylan get engaged? Eww. She must have caved to peer pressure and figured this would be best for her “career”. I didn’t know anything about Hannah prior to this (I gave up on Colton’s season before she started talking). She’s very pretty, and has a lot of IG followers, so I’m kind of surprised she has no idea how to let guys down gently. I imagine she has thousands of “Dylans” professing their love for her in her DMs and at bars. You’d think she’d have worked out ways to keep them at bay. It’s odd that she’s so easily manipulated and agrees to do whatever other people tell her to do. 

I’m surprised by this engagement too. Dylan seems nice enough, but I’m not convinced he’s straight. 

I also agree with you that she seems to have a hard time turning guys down, and I’m sure she’s had to many times in her life. I guess it could be different in person than online, and she may not be the kind of girl who likes bars and clubs. I never did. Being a pretty girl among a bunch of horny drunk guys isn’t fun. 

I’m not a beauty queen, but I get a fair amount of attention from guys. I’m several years older than Hannah and still not a pro at turning them down. I’m always scared of hurting their feelings, and some men can be downright cruel when they’re rejected. 

I also have beautiful friends who rarely get hit on. My guess is they intimidate men, and they don’t get the number of men approaching them that you would think. Hannah is such a pretty girl, I’m sure a lot of men would find her out of their league. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, nutty1 said:

Before the season started, I thought Hannah and Dylan could be the next Jade and Tanner. Now, I am even shocked they became engaged. What a joke.

Maybe they are the next Carly & Evan instead? Dylan needs to fake a trip to the hospital.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I’m surprised by this engagement too. Dylan seems nice enough, but I’m not convinced he’s straight. 

I also agree with you that she seems to have a hard time turning guys down, and I’m sure she’s had to many times in her life. I guess it could be different in person than online, and she may not be the kind of girl who likes bars and clubs. I never did. Being a pretty girl among a bunch of horny drunk guys isn’t fun. 

I’m not a beauty queen, but I get a fair amount of attention from guys. I’m several years older than Hannah and still not a pro at turning them down. I’m always scared of hurting their feelings, and some men can be downright cruel when they’re rejected. 

I also have beautiful friends who rarely get hit on. My guess is they intimidate men, and they don’t get the number of men approaching them that you would think. Hannah is such a pretty girl, I’m sure a lot of men would find her out of their league. 

Still, I bet you didn’t end up ENGAGED to some dude because you didn’t want to hurt his feelings. Lol. 

• LOL 4
15 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Still, I bet you didn’t end up ENGAGED to some dude because you didn’t want to hurt his feelings. Lol. 

Absolutely not! lol I was referring more to how Hannah seems uncomfortable with letting guys down as far as turning them away for kisses and such. 

This completely fake Demi story line is getting on my last nerve. She came on the show to propose to her girlfriend. What a good little actress, though, pretending she can't make up her mind about the girlfriend back home or Derek.  She's better than fake Colton, though.

• Love 15
15 hours ago, Stan39 said:

It’s odd that she’s so easily manipulated and agrees to do whatever other people tell her to do. 

I'm not sure what makes it look like HG is either being manipulated or doing what other people tell her to do.  She has successfully worked things so several of the men are chasing after her, showering her with attention, and feeling that she has been "mean girled" when someone points out that she has agency.  Looks to me like she is in control of her situation.

• Love 1

Nick tweeted out a pic last night that for me was perfect about what Hannah is thinking. Or not thinking.   I can't link it as at work but basically it's Hannah either picking the nice guy or going with the guy who has way more Instagram followers.  

We know that she makes her choice at this upcoming rose ceremony and thankfully her story line with Blake ends.  Whether she and Dylan last long term is anyone's guess.

12 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

I'm not sure what makes it look like HG is either being manipulated or doing what other people tell her to do.  She has successfully worked things so several of the men are chasing after her, showering her with attention, and feeling that she has been "mean girled" when someone points out that she has agency.  Looks to me like she is in control of her situation.

I definitely think Hannah is doing what makes her happy. I don’t disagree with that at all or see her as a little girl who simply goes with whatever she’s told. Hannah is definitely doing Hannah, but I think she’s handling things the best she knows how regarding the other contestants’ feelings. 

I’m still not convinced Hannah is the bad girl or manipulator in all this. I think she’s getting several men chasing after her because of her looks. Is she behaving like an angel making out with different men? No, but this is BIP. Most of these people have no right to judge her. There are no saints who sign up for this show. If multi-dating and kissing guys you don’t know well isn’t your speed, you probably want to find love somewhere else. I was one of the few who thought Hannah Brown’s behavior on The Bachelorette wasn’t cute and that a lot of what Luke said wasn’t unreasonable. Almost everyone else thought her straddling and making out with everyone, taking her clothes off to bungee jump with Garrett, and then sleeping with different men back to back that she supposedly had serious feelings for and wanted to get engaged to one of them right afterwards was a-ok and that Luke was crazy for not wanting to marry someone who just slept with other men. Almost everyone said Luke should try meeting girls at church or getting on Christian mingle because he didn’t want someone he was in love with and wanted to marry to have just banged other dudes. Yet Hannah G is judged for making out with Blake after knowing Dylan for days and then not telling Tayshia that Blake came out to see her. She might have even thought she was doing the girls a favor by not giving the impression she had dibs on Blake when she had no idea what to expect. I’d much rather these people be discreet than be like Caelynn. I also think Hannah G is a sweeter, less confrontational type than girls like Caelynn and Hannah B.

41 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

Nick tweeted out a pic last night that for me was perfect about what Hannah is thinking. Or not thinking.   I can't link it as at work but basically it's Hannah either picking the nice guy or going with the guy who has way more Instagram followers.  

We know that she makes her choice at this upcoming rose ceremony and thankfully her story line with Blake ends.  Whether she and Dylan last long term is anyone's guess.

Dylan definitely seems like the nicer guy, but maybe she’s simply more attracted to Blake. (I don’t think Blake is the best looking guy there, but I am more attracted to him physically than Dylan, who is definitely cute but dainty.) You only have so much control over who you’re attracted to. She may have had a hard time nipping things in the bud with Blake due to her attraction towards him, not his popularity. I think Hannah being confused between a couple of guys she hardly knows and not knowing how to navigate the situation is perfectly understandable.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 6

Bachelor producers: Hi Hannah, we’d like to invite you out for Bachelor in Paradise. 

Hannah G: oh my god! That’s incredible! Thank you so much!

BP: yeah, we’re going to bring you in first and center the whole season around you

HG: I’m in shock! I can’t believe it! That’s so nice of you! Thank you! I can tell jokes and interesting stories!!

BP: And all the guys are going to want you and ask you on all the dates and basically hold you up as this ideal woman 

HG: No way! This is going to be great for me! I can’t tell you how much this means to me!! You’re the best!

BP: and then at the end you’re going to get engaged to this creepy little dude with low self esteem who’s needy and possessive and will suck all the fun and life out of you. 

HG: ... ... ...

BP:

HG: .... ... ...

BP: Yeah, that’s fine. Just stare blankly and don’t say anything. That’ll work for us. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

Bachelor producers: Hi Hannah, we’d like to invite you out for Bachelor in Paradise. 

Hannah G: oh my god! That’s incredible! Thank you so much!

BP: yeah, we’re going to bring you in first and center the whole season around you

HG: I’m in shock! I can’t believe it! That’s so nice of you! Thank you! I can tell jokes and interesting stories!!

BP: And all the guys are going to want you and ask you on all the dates and basically hold you up as this ideal woman 

HG: No way! This is going to be great for me! I can’t tell you how much this means to me!! You’re the best!

BP: and then at the end you’re going to get engaged to this creepy little dude with low self esteem who’s needy and possessive and will suck all the fun and life out of you. 

HG: ... ... ...

BP:

HG: .... ... ...

BP: Yeah, that’s fine. Just stare blankly and don’t say anything. That’ll work for us. 

Absolutely. Perfect.

But play with your hair constantly.  That's a sign of deep, meaningful thoughts.  

Edited by leighdear
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Almost everyone else thought her straddling and making out with everyone, taking her clothes off to bungee jump with Garrett, and then sleeping with different men back to back that she supposedly had serious feelings for and wanted to get engaged to one of them right afterwards was a-ok and that Luke was crazy for not wanting to marry someone who just slept with other men. Almost everyone said Luke should try meeting girls at church or getting on Christian mingle because he didn’t want someone he was in love with and wanted to marry to have just banged other dudes. Yet Hannah G is judged for making out with Blake after knowing Dylan for days and then not telling Tayshia that Blake came out to see her.

I have no problem with HG doing what she is doing--it is BIP.  The point I wanted to make was that I don't see her as being pushed around or manipulated.  She is doing what she wants to do.  Just don't act like it is beyond your control.   

I don't want to re-adjudicate the Bachelorette but I think that what people objected to in Luke was not his thinking that if HB slept with someone else then he didn't want to marry her.  It was his thinking that she should agree with him that she shouldn't have done it and that he had to forgive her.  Plus a certain naivete about going on a show where that happens so much.  

ps. not to mention the fact that they have only been there about 3 days and the notion that any of them have found true love seems pretty silly.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, call me ishmael said:

I have no problem with HG doing what she is doing--it is BIP.  The point I wanted to make was that I don't see her as being pushed around or manipulated.  She is doing what she wants to do.  Just don't act like it is beyond your control.   

I don't want to re-adjudicate the Bachelorette but I think that what people objected to in Luke was not his thinking that if HB slept with someone else then he didn't want to marry her.  It was his thinking that she should agree with him that she shouldn't have done it and that he had to forgive her.  Plus a certain naivete about going on a show where that happens so much.  

ps. not to mention the fact that they have only been there about 3 days and the notion that any of them have found true love seems pretty silly.

Gotcha regarding Hannah. I don’t think she’s being pushed around either, but I do think she’s trying to balance enjoying Paradise and what it’s all about and not stepping on toes and hurting feelings in the process. 

I know a lot of people felt that way with Luke. I get where they’re coming from, and I wasn’t a Luke fan. Where my opinion is different from a lot of other viewers is that I thought people downplayed Hannah’s behavior and thought Luke’s standards were unreasonable. I don’t think most people would have cheered a man on had he treated others the way Hannah did. I also think even if Luke didn’t express himself  well at times, his feelings were human. I think he genuinely had something for Hannah, much as you can for someone you’ve known for weeks. I won’t say any more in order to avoid getting too OT. 

I agree, with BIP, it’s all very silly. I feel for Dylan to a degree, but he hardly knows Hannah G. She’s a pretty blonde who he’s known for days. It’s too soon to be that attached. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, leighdear said:

Now I'm curious about a letter Reality Steve got....When Demi & her girl get engaged, do they BOTH get diamond rings?  Does Neil Lane have to shell out a two-fer?

I saw that too! Even Steve admitted that was a good question!

My question is how are they going to ship Hannah and Dylan, to the point of a believable engagement??

• Love 2
9 hours ago, leighdear said:

Now I'm curious about a letter Reality Steve got....When Demi & her girl get engaged, do they BOTH get diamond rings?  Does Neil Lane have to shell out a two-fer?

Interesting question, but I would think only the one proposing gets the ring for her fiance.

• Love 1
On 8/15/2019 at 6:46 AM, waving feather said:

Dylan seems nice but he is so desperate for Hannah that it's not a good look. I have no idea how he got so obsessed with her so quick when he barely spent time with her. She's cute but I wouldn't call her a beauty.

My guess is there is nothing quick about it.  I think this crush probably started when he saw her on TV.  I doubt he was the only one this past season who was hoping for a different Hannah as Bachelorette.

FTR, I think Hannah G is a knockout. Hottest woman on the beach, or maybe second next to Tayshia. I'm not crazy about the way she's acting on BIP but I can see why Dylan would have a hangup.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, phlebas said:

My guess is there is nothing quick about it.  I think this crush probably started when he saw her on TV.  I doubt he was the only one this past season who was hoping for a different Hannah as Bachelorette.

FTR, I think Hannah G is a knockout. Hottest woman on the beach, or maybe second next to Tayshia. I'm not crazy about the way she's acting on BIP but I can see why Dylan would have a hangup.

I think you are right about Dylan.  My 2 cents is that Katie is the prettiest followed by Hannah.   But to misquote Forrest Gump, "Pretty is as pretty does."

• Love 4

For what it's worth, RS said in his column yesterday that JPJ and Tayshia are seeing each other again. I also saw a tweet from someone who is invited to the same wedding as him and said he's bringing her as his +1. Surprisingly they - along with Katie and Chris - are one of my favorite couples and one of the only bearable things about this godawful season. These random, organic couples are such a breath of fresh air amongst all the contrived bullshit. Although I will say the running gag of all the girls Blake met at Stagecoach is hilarious.

• Love 17
On 8/21/2019 at 7:35 AM, dom16 said:

For what it's worth, RS said in his column yesterday that JPJ and Tayshia are seeing each other again. I also saw a tweet from someone who is invited to the same wedding as him and said he's bringing her as his +1. Surprisingly they - along with Katie and Chris - are one of my favorite couples and one of the only bearable things about this godawful season. These random, organic couples are such a breath of fresh air amongst all the contrived bullshit. Although I will say the running gag of all the girls Blake met at Stagecoach is hilarious.

I agree the random couples are so much more fun. They should make a rule that if you sign up for BiP you can't meet/correspond with anyone else on the show beforehand. When they come on the show having already hooked up and looking to further it or pursue it, totally ruins the entire premise. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

I agree the random couples are so much more fun. They should make a rule that if you sign up for BiP you can't meet/correspond with anyone else on the show beforehand. When they come on the show having already hooked up and looking to further it or pursue it, totally ruins the entire premise. 

My understanding is that that was supposed to be the rule already.  But as with most things in the Bache-universe i guess that falls to the waste side when they imagine ratings.  Next year instead of having Jorge take them on a date they will probably just take the to the site of Stagecoach so they can swap stories about the spots where they had sex.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

Someone from "bachelor nation"  had tweeted that about Blake - that he had broken a rule.  So maybe they're not supposed to, but they do it anyway?  

It does seem like they try to meet others who will be on BiP ahead of time, so they already know what relationships to pursue.  I agree that the premise of the show is spoiled by this - why go on BiP to "meet"  someone you've dated and had sex with?  It's like joining a dating site to hook up with someone you're already dating.  Yes, I know, they're doing it for the publicity, the travel, the "likes", the engagement ring, the cover of PEOPLE, etc.   I think the first instance of this was when Nick Vail went on Kaitlyn's season of The Bachelorette, and it turned out they had been in some kind of relationship already.  From then on, it seems many of them have been gaming the system through social media and meeting each other before being on the shows. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

It does seem like they try to meet others who will be on BiP ahead of time, so they already know what relationships to pursue.  I agree that the premise of the show is spoiled by this - why go on BiP to "meet"  someone you've dated and had sex with?  It's like joining a dating site to hook up with someone you're already dating.  Yes, I know, they're doing it for the publicity, the travel, the "likes", the engagement ring, the cover of PEOPLE, etc.    

Yep, but it's the new normal at this point.

Going forward, I can see the castaways being comprised of ONLY people that have met and/or slept together already.  If you don't have a prior "relationship" IRL, Skype, DM's, etc. with at least 2 other people on the contestant list, you can't be on the beach.  

Paradise Version 1.0 was people NOT knowing each other, so 2.0 is people MUST know some others, in some way.  Preferably in the biblical sense. 

It's still skanky, sloppy-seconds drama, just more transparent and believable.  

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, leighdear said:

It's still skanky, sloppy-seconds drama, just more transparent and believable.  

Except that it’s not. If they’re going to go down this path (and I agree 100% with you that they will) then I wish the show would just own it and present it as such. It’s so patronizing how the show wants us to believe that they had no idea any of this was going to happen when they clearly and deliberately set the show up for this stuff to happen. 

Just be like, “Hey, we knew Demi was seeing a girl back home, now we’re throwing her into the mix to see what happens!” Rather than the fake shock and surprise by Chris Harrison followed by her showing up within hours of Demi saying she was still thinking about her 😉😉😉

• Love 3

There was one early season—can’t recall whether it was Paradise or Pad (probably Pad)—but they actually introduced each new contestant based on the offscreen drama they had with the previous contestant. So, for example, they introduced Jake...and his ex-fiancé Vienna...and her new boyfriend Casey... And it was totally glorious because they’d be like, I hope so-and-so isn’t coming because we got into a big fight about whatever—and then so-and-so would walk in the door! It was the OPPOSITE of I hope so-and-so IS coming because we’re on the verge of hooking up. You didn’t have to wait for this person to go scurrying over to reveal a DM slip to someone else—they laid it all out there immediately so we could jump right into it.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4