Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E22: Janine LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

I'm becoming so desensitized to this show that when her lymphedema showed up on camera this time, I wondered if she gave it some pet name like Frankie or something. "C'mon, Frankie, let's get you up on the scooter, Mama needs her some nuggets."

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Love summer fruits too and I loathe hot weather also.

Question: do apricots have any real flavor? Every time I buy them here they taste like mushy cotton with a vague fruit flavor.

Um....they taste like apricots? Kinda sweet/tart. They have a short window before they turn mushy (which is why I will only buy a few at a time), but when they're ripe and still firm they're yummy. Especially with vanilla yogurt (I use plain Greek yogurt and add vanilla extract and raw sugar). That was breakfast this morning.

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, Julyolo said:

My father in law fell asleep on his, hit some button, rolled down 12 steps and died from the injuries.

Oh my that's terrible. My dad fell at thanksgiving and broke his hip and had to have surgery to repair it.

2 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

New game: What's her lymphedema gonna weigh?

My guess is 35 pounds!

Edited to add: I will stick with my guess but after just seeing Dr. Now lift it up, I might be too low

How bored are we? 😂

• LOL 7
2 minutes ago, Miss Chevious said:

Susan and Rachel are cute. What the hell happened to Janine? 

She’s adopted.

I think I can sew much neater than Dr Now.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

Um....they taste like apricots? Kinda sweet/tart. They have a short window before they turn mushy (which is why I will only buy a few at a time), but when they're ripe and still firm they're yummy. Especially with vanilla yogurt (I use plain Greek yogurt and add vanilla extract and raw sugar). That was breakfast this morning.

Grilling them and then adding a scoop of vanilla fro yo on top makes a tasty dessert!

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
38 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Straw-, rasp-, blue...I'll take 'em all. And cherries (but not at 7 bucks a pound). Apricots...peaches...plums...

I was going to get strawberries last week; they were on sale but every package I picked up had mold in it. 😞 They've had them on the salad bar at work recently, though.

I was at the grocery today, and I guess they had not stocked up again since the Monday holiday.  Also there were lots of signs in the fruit section about the organic items being scarce for some reason--maybe weather related?

I probably spent 5 minutes looking for a decent package of grapes, but they all looked oldish.  Last week I got them when they were putting in the new packages, and the grapes were much better than they sometimes are. 

Of course, if I followed Dr Now the freshness of grapes would not be an issue.

Edited by Twopper
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, suev33 3 said:

I though you couldnt wear nail polish during surgery.  I couldn't wear any when i had mine.....unless things have changed🤔

Don't need to anymore with modern OR equipment now.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I'm a little distracted tonight! Right outside my window, I have a whole herd of deer in my yard. I love living in the country!

I'm in the country too. A stray cat has been hanging around and this morning he was playing with a wounded chipmunk. I rescued Chip but he died. 😔 Bad kitty.

• Love 1

WTF is up with her not wanting to attempt walking????  I think she's beyond Dr. Paradise at this point.

I bought a new TV last week - been fiddling with it - but tonight when Dr. Now talks it sounds kind of fuzzy.....or is he mumbling moreso than usual?  He's been talking a lot more than I ever heard him.

He brought her the "Supersized" wheelchair......still can't kick that habit.....Supersized for the Supersize.