Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/27/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, May 27
 (OAD: 4/25/19) Dr. Phil McGraw (“Dr. Phil”); Pitbull (“UglyDolls”)

Tuesday, May 28 
Lamar Odom (author, “Darkness to Light: A Memoir”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Wednesday, May 29
 David Letterman (“My Next Guest Needs No Introduction with David Letterman”)

Thursday, May 30
 The Political View with 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) 

Friday, May 31 
A performance by the cast of Broadway’s Tony®-nominated “The Prom”; “Feel Good Friday: View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

P.S. - ABC put out a release on Thursday listing Monday's rerun as being the Joe/Mika episode. On Friday an updated release was put out switching out that episode for the Dr. Phub/Pitbill one.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TheView said:

Meghan's gonna need Xanax on Thursday. 

This is the one show this week I am looking forward to, for that reason. But which Meghan will we get? The one who wants to "fillet" the guest ("Go on, tell us now. Did you mean what you said or not? Tell us on this show now!") à la Tulsi Gabbard and others, or the other Meghan, who prefaces every question with: "I will say, everyone here knows you and I probably disagree on everything, but...". Time will tell, but we can be certain she will be as ineffectual as ever!

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:

This is the one show this week I am looking forward to, for that reason. But which Meghan will we get?

The one where Meghan is "sick"?

• LOL 18
  • Love 2

You know that Meghan is working on a "gotcha" question that will fizzle exactly like every other "gotcha" question she's ever tried. These are skilled politicians who know all the tricks and traps. Meghan thinking that she's going to get any of them to make an unintentional admission is preposterous.

They will be kind and bat her aside like a fly, the way they always do.

I can't wait.

• LOL 12
  • Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

You know that Meghan is working on a "gotcha" question that will fizzle exactly like every other "gotcha" question she's ever tried. These are skilled politicians who know all the tricks and traps. Meghan thinking that she's going to get any of them to make an unintentional admission is preposterous.

They will be kind and bat her aside like a fly, the way they always do.

I can't wait.

More likely, Meghan's husband is working on the gotcha question, and we will be seeing Meghan's overly made-up eyelids as she proudly shows off her reading skills.

Edited by tinkerbell
  • LOL 18
  • Love 5

Well, there we have it folks, according to Whoopi Meghan has spoken and has told us everything we need to know about Kim Jong-un.  Listen to what Meghan has just said, y'all. 

And ever since Meghan brought up the fact that in their meetings they decided that Meghan will get to speak last and have the final word, it annoys the ever living hell out of me to listen to these discussions as they go around the table, knowing that Meghan gets the final word. 

Also, I watched What/If on netflix this weekend and Jane Levy's voice and delivery sounded exactly 100% like Meghan's and it almost ruined the entire series for me. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Is it just me or is Whoops getting bleeped a lot during the first segment going into commercial break?

Whoopi was bleeped, then something  Joy said was bleeped. I had trouble following the conversation with all the bleeping.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Well, there we have it folks, according to Whoopi Meghan has spoken and has told us everything we need to know about Kim Jong-un.  Listen to what Meghan has just said, y'all. 

I cringed. She goes way overboard in the butt kissing department with Meghan.

• Love 12
Just now, longobongo said:

Boy is Meghan in a lousy mood. She is just sitting there "looking daggers" (as my departed mother used to say) at the other ladies. 

So, in other words, just another day of the week that ends with a 'y.'

• LOL 15
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, longobongo said:

Boy is Meghan in a lousy mood. She is just sitting there "looking daggers" (as my departed mother used to say) at the other ladies. 

I dont know why? It's basically The Meghan McCain show.  As @Cementhead just said , Whoopi  told us to listen to Meghan, nothing more to say. Meghan getting the last word on every subject is really too much. I had to turn it off as they went to commercial. 

• Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, geekburger said:

Lamar has been through a lot but the OTT kid glove handling of the interview was a lot.

I know it's reportedly been a few years that he's been in recovery, but I still feel it's too soon. 

Generally speaking, I'm not really comfortable with these kind of interviews until the person has been in recovery longer. 

I know he's promoting a book, and good for him. I hope he's able to stay in recovery, but these segments almost feel like a potential relapse jinx. 

I'm grateful Whoopi changed the subject from Khloe Kardashian to his kids. Khloe has married again moved on. Leave her be. 

Edited by General Days
to correct misstatement
  • Love 5
(edited)

When Sunny was criticizing Trump for citing that black voters would vote for him because of his stance on crime, etc., she made the point that black voters like her and Whoopi also care about other issues and she resents that Trump equates black voters = crime.  She listed other issues they care about like the environment, etc.  NutMeg couldn't resist and did the head toss with lip snarl toward the audience, saying that she likes to think that she cares about those issues too.  What a bitch.🙄

Edited by bannana
grammar and typos
  • Love 23
15 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I wish I didn't know this, but Khloe did not remarry. 

I'm sorry. You're right.  I looked too quickly at her Wikipedia page and saw someone listed in the righthand sidebar after Lamar Odom, but I just rechecked and the person is/was a (romantic) partner, not a spouse. 

• Love 3

One huge thing for which I am oh so happy, I don’t watch or give a shit about anything Kardashian.  What a waste of time and space they are!  Wish they would just go away.  Thanks a lot Ryan Seacrest🤢🤢🤮🤮

i too was irritated with Whoopi’s ass licking MM got from her until it occurred to me:  maybe her comments were for IQ45s base that “one of their tribe” was reading terrible things about little rocket man (his words not mine 😈).  One can hope can’t one?

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

32 minutes ago, bannana said:

When Sunny was criticizing Trump for citing that black voters would vote for him because of his stance on crime, etc., she made the point that black voters like her and Whoopi also care about other issues and she resents that Trump equates black voters = crime.  She listed other issues they care about like the environment, etc.  NutMeg couldn't resist and did the head toss with lip snarl toward the audience, saying that she likes to think that she cares about those issues too.  What a bitch.🙄

She's such an asshole. When has she ever expressed an interest in the environment? 

• Love 22

Pore ol' victimized Lamar-I've-never-been-ugly Odom (oh, to have that male ego!) It's so sad it took the celeb Kardashians to give him a family, despite a loving mother (till age 12), grandma, aunt, & at least 2 kids (& presumably their moms - or were they just the lucky 2 outa 2000 lays?)  Glad to learn that Lamar is trying to stay clean & living for his children - he'll need them for his support system now they are adults. Methinks Lamar didn't write much of "his" book - Sunny kept pushing the missing mom angle, catnip to Viewers, ya know.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

She's such an asshole. When has she ever expressed an interest in the environment? 

Never. Her stance is usually: "Worrying about climate change is for poor people." You can replace "climate change" in that sentence with any other issue to get her stance on those, too.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, bannana said:

Well, of course. A criticism of Trump is a veiled criticism of Meg, doncha know. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
(edited)

Something tells me that the producers encouraged Whoopi to praise Meghan after her blue note speech referring to the "gaslighting" of Kim Jong-Un. Duh, no one knew that Kim is a despicable dictator who commits crimes against his people and is a danger to the world, so Meghan had to teach us about him. I'm pretty sure producer Brian told the crew to light up the applause sign every time Meghan finished that speech and several others during this show.

Her surly look was on from the minute she walked out. She has a lot of issues that are only exacerbated by her foolish tweets. (Tweets that the panel dare not discuss for fear of upsetting the Princess.)

Edited by Kenz
spelling correction
  • Love 16
53 minutes ago, Kenz said:

Duh, no one knew that Kim is a despicable dictator who commits crimes against his people and is a danger to the world, so Meghan had to teach us about him

Whoopi explaining to the audience that NutMeg was schooling Trump's base was all kind of passive/aggressive funny, because I don't think that is who NutMeg thought she was schooling.  She had a very strange reaction to Whoopi's comments.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Kenz said:

Something tells me that the producers encouraged Whoopi to praise Meghan after her blue note speech referring to the "gaslighting" of Kim-Jung Un.

Yeah...and no one tells Whoopi what to do.  Hah!  Propaganda to the left of me, propaganda to the right of me...and right before my bleeding eyes.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

Pore ol' victimized Lamar-I've-never-been-ugly Odom

I haven't cared about Lamar Odom or the Kardashian Masterpiece Theatre, but I cringed at his extreme discomfort and sadness. My discomfort caused me to forward to the next scintillating subject: "View YOUR DEAL"!

5 hours ago, bannana said:

What a bitch.🙄

What an ignorant self-promoting bitch.

• Love 7
(edited)

That Lamar Odom "interview" was so uncomfortable.   I actually switched channels during a commercial.   He was either very nervous or didn't actually write that book, or something, because he could not answer with anything other than "yeah".   One of the women would go on and on about something in the book and finally say, "Is that right, Lamar?".   "Yeah".   If he's that squishy about talking about what's in the book, maybe he shouldn't have 'written' it in the first place, if everything is too painful or embarrassing to discuss.  He clearly has issues, and I hope he's successful in overcoming them, but he really did not seem ready to be interviewed about any of this. 

I don't mean to seem judgmental because he obviously have been through a lot; it's just that I don't think he's ready to go so public about it all, or at the very least is uncomfortable discussing it in any detail.   Which I don't understand - it's all in the book already, right?

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

He was either very nervous or didn't actually write that book, or something, because he could not answer with anything other than "yeah".  

He was sweating from the moment he came out.  If Whoopi and Sunny didn't fill in the blanks, he would have said nothing.  I don't know what that means, but he was super uncomfortable.  Whoopi and Sunny propped him, which is okay, but odd.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

Pore ol' victimized Lamar-I've-never-been-ugly Odom (oh, to have that male ego!) It's so sad it took the celeb Kardashians to give him a family, despite a loving mother (till age 12), grandma, aunt, & at least 2 kids (& presumably their moms - or were they just the lucky 2 outa 2000 lays?)  Glad to learn that Lamar is trying to stay clean & living for his children - he'll need them for his support system now they are adults. Methinks Lamar didn't write much of "his" book - Sunny kept pushing the missing mom angle, catnip to Viewers, ya know.

This just needs repeating.  Couldn't have said it better. Thank you!!!!!

• Love 4

Whoopi asked where’s the outrage against Trump for badmouthing Joe Biden while overseas? Don’t Whoopi’s and literally all the panelists outrage count? I agree with Meghan. Nobody should criticize their own country’s political leaders while on foreign soil. The Dixie Chicks faced a lot of backlash for criticizing Bush. When Whoopi was asking where’s the outrage I think she was implying that Republicans are hypocritical with respect to this issue. Does she not realize that they are all hypocritical, including Democrats. Even Obama was guilty of doing it to candidate Trump during the G-8 summit in 2016. They all do it. Hypocrisy is rampant on both sides of the political aisle.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bannana said:

He was sweating from the moment he came out.  If Whoopi and Sunny didn't fill in the blanks, he would have said nothing.  I don't know what that means, but he was super uncomfortable.  Whoopi and Sunny propped him, which is okay, but odd.

Thanks for your clarification on this.   I was busy in the kitchen during the segment and was only listening to it, for the most part.  I did not see the flop sweat from the beginning.   When I did turn around and glance at the screen once, he looked dumbfounded, or confused, or scared - and couldn't seem to form a coherent sentence.   The View ladies were basically carrying the entire load of that interview. 

• Love 5