Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: A Break Is Necessary

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, iwasish said:

I’m sorry but in this day and age “accidental” pregnancies should be few and far between. I’ll give stupid teens a bit of a break, but Kalani is an idiot who should have told Asuelu, in no uncertain terms “ No glove, No love”. She is scared shitless of her father’s reaction to kid number 2!! after accidental kid number 1!! What does she think Asuelu is going to do if she refuses o have sex with him?  Cry? Stomp his feet?  He isn’t putting any bread on the table or paying for diapers, he’ll end up working for her father, probably  the same fate that will befall the other stupid couple Libby and Andrei. And why do I suspect Libby got pregnant accidentally on purpose? She knew daddy would piss and moan but in the  end “ of course I’ll fork over money to keep a roof over the head of my pregnant daughter” I wonder if she’s already figured Andrei will just give up and work for her daddy and deal. 

Russ and Pao, the dumbest of all if it was not an accident. He thinks a baby will “ settle her down and make a housewife out of her” and she figures she can run to Miami with the baby and he’ll follow along so as not to lose his child. 

I totally agree.  You can get a simple implant in your arm that prevents pregnancies for 3 years.  There's literally no excuse with the various options that are there.  But I think most of the couples never think of how hard and expensive it is to raise a kid and they are almost hoping it happens when they chance it.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, sasha206 said:

I totally agree.  You can get a simple implant in your arm that prevents pregnancies for 3 years.  There's literally no excuse with the various options that are there.  But I think most of the couples never think of how hard and expensive it is to raise a kid and they are almost hoping it happens when they chance it.  

Birth control is for slut people. Not upstanding citizens like Asuelu and Kahlani. 

But really, talk to someone who lives in a state with abstinence only sex ed or look up some of the teachings of religious organizations. That’s not far off from what is taught.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

On a weird side note observation: (sorry if these have been mentioned already..thread was too long to go thru ..will continue reading now lol)

1) as much as I despise Libby..the fact that Ahhndraay has no problems yelling and stressing out at his PREGNANT wife (even if he is being triggered by Libby) is just not cool... or healthy for the baby. =(

.....random observation:

2) Pedro packing his suitcase on the couch while telling his wife he’s abandoning her for an undetermined time...ugh ok. Lol the acting is soooo bad ..it’s kinda condescending to the audience. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, RealReality said:

I am watching their season and yes, Andrei is a handsome guy, but the more I watch the less I'm convinced he can be successful at much of anything.  

His temper is too hot for anything that requires customer interface.  He appears totally unable to handle any criticism, challenges, questions or negotiation.

He could probably be a bouncer.  That doesn't require many interpersonal skills.

Actually it does.  You don't want some hot headed male/female being a bouncer.  Not every person being kicked out needs to be manhandled and they usually try calming the situation before having to act.  Where I live they are contract workers which also mean they can be sued if they hurt someone and if they aren't contract workers the biz can be sued for someone being too rough.  So I would say this dude does not have the mentality and temperament to be the bouncer anywhere.  In fact, I would think he needs to be far away from other humans based on what I have seen.  I manage a venue so not even a bouncer but I have been called every name in the book and if I had his temper I would have been fired years ago.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

But what evidence did we have that he was a hard worker? Putting together a bed? His word is not bond. What we definitely have seen is him being a hothead, controlling and a reactionary.

The operative word was "appeared".  I've noticed that Libby tends to pit her family and Andrei against each other.  She keeps saying that he has a bad temper, and yet, she seems to go out of her way to push his buttons.  There was absolutely no reason for her to tell her husband that her father said the grass needed to be cut.  Most wives would sweetly say, "hon, when you get a chance, I would very much appreciate it if you'd cut the grass."  End of story. No need to make a big production. 

• Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, brillia79 said:

Birth control is for slut people. Not upstanding citizens like Asuelu and Kahlani. 

But really, talk to someone who lives in a state with abstinence only sex ed or look up some of the teachings of religious organizations. That’s not far off from what is taught.

While I understand that, the convo is in the context of two married adults that are fornicating and have access to, at the very least, a condom.  Teenagers who live in repressed homes, I get the unintended pregnancies more.  But at a certain age, it's pretty easy to be responsible when you are in a relationship with someone and not have an "oopsie" moment.  I don't believe there is anyone on the 90 day Fiance shows that should ever have an "oopsie" moment or are really in repressed environments.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

The operative word was "appeared".  I've noticed that Libby tends to pit her family and Andrei against each other.  She keeps saying that he has a bad temper, and yet, she seems to go out of her way to push his buttons.  There was absolutely no reason for her to tell her husband that her father said the grass needed to be cut.  Most wives would sweetly say, "hon, when you get a chance, I would very much appreciate it if you'd cut the grass."  End of story. No need to make a big production. 

This x1,000,000

She knows what she is doing.  She could have even said that her dad wanted it done if she hadnt presented it as her dad accusing them of something and trying to control them.

She just didn't foresee it backfiring on her.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/20/2019 at 8:42 PM, renatae said:

Michael from Nigeria and Angela. Most cringed at having Angela representing the U.S. in Nigeria and favored him over her.

I'm completely convinced that in the case of Angela and Michael, the scammer (Michael) got scammed (by Angela).

I don't think she ever had any intention of bringing him to the States.

I think because of her previous reality TV exposure (and easy paycheck, if one has no self-respect or dignity), she jumped on the opportunity to turn the tables on him as soon as she received his scam message knowing she could use him to parlay yet another payday via reality TV.  

I also raised an eyebrow at her asserting Michael had stolen money from her account via the ATM transaction.  I think she thought this would be her golden ticket to dump him, but maybe TLC asked for proof from her bank and she couldn't provide it, so she decided it was a bank error after all (what a shocker).  

Her assertion he called her "elderly" was ridiculous, but it gave her an excuse to go into a tirade on stage and detach herself from him, so she found her golden ticket after all and still got her reality TV paycheck.

I think because of that, I consider Angela to be the most vile of the vile on this show.  

I also suspect Ashley is dragging out Jay's "punishment" just for the sake of continuing on the show.  

I might be an old and skeptical bitch, but I find myself in a perpetual state of eyebrow raising when I watch 90DF or any spin-off of it (although I enjoy the hell out of them for entertainment value!).  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I know that everyone has to talk about these things on camera for us to have something to watch other than boring couple thing, but playing runtelldat to your family is the best way to destroy your relationship. You really have to not be on this show to have a healthy relationship.

The healthiest, no drama couple I’ve ever seen on this show is Kyle and Noon. And they aren’t on the show anymore.

• Love 2

I know that everyone has to talk about these things on camera for us to have something to watch other than boring couple thing, but playing runtelldat to your family is the best way to destroy your relationship. You really have to not be on this show to have a healthy relationship.

The healthiest, no drama couple I’ve ever seen on this show is Kyle and Noon. And they aren’t on the show anymore.

They are on What Now?

7 hours ago, RealReality said:

I 100% agree that Libby creates conflict and drama on purpose.  I think she knew when she came home and relayed the conversation with her dad in the worst possible terms and in the worst possible light that Andrei would lose his shit.  

It backfired though because I don't think she realized that he would stubbornly and illogically demand to move out of the rent free house.  It was kinda cool how her shit stirring backfired on her.

I'm watching their season, and she likes to be the intermediary between parties who relays conversations and makes the other person sound terrible.  She goes to her sister and paints her father and Andrei as both being crazy, while poor innocent long suffering Libby is just stuck in the middle and totally blameless. 

She’s in the middle because that’s where she put herself.  Like you said she plays the intermediary, controlling the narrative that her father and Andrei have to work with. Wait til Andrei finds out she out and out lied to him about the money for the new apartment. It would be funny if daddy and Andrei get together and realize they’ve both been played by Libby. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, brillia79 said:

These are not teen moms.  Libby and Kalani both are well into their 20’s. I don’t think Libby has claimed to be a virgin, and I strongly question Kalani’s claim to have been.  They were  both playing Russian roulette by not taking precautions to avoid pregnancy.  My feeling is that it was intentional on their part.  Or call it intentionally careless. Either way I don’t think it was a birth control failure, it was a failure to use birth control. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, brillia79 said:

Telling the business to the family is just asking for problems ESPECIALLY when the family already has reservations, issues or antagonism towards your partner.  See how well it works for Chantel and her marriage for a textbook case.

• Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, sasha206 said:

$250k per kid, not including college.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, iwasish said:

She’s in the middle because that’s where she put herself.  Like you said she plays the intermediary, controlling the narrative that her father and Andrei have to work with. Wait til Andrei finds out she out and out lied to him about the money for the new apartment. It would be funny if daddy and Andrei get together and realize they’ve both been played by Libby. 

I wish a shady producer would "accidentally" drop that information during a confessional interview.  They do that all the time so I don't know why they won't do it here.

Unless the shady producer is behind the scenes encouraging Libby's dad to surprise Andrei with the news that he is paying their rent on camera.  That would be fantastic drama!  Maybe at a family gathering so Libby is right there!

It would be family Chantal dinner part deux!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Re:  Libby and Andrei and the grass.  WHY COULDN'T LIBBY CUT IT?  I cut the grass at my house and I'm a female.  I also have a full-time job working for someone who is not my father so that means I have to actually do work.    I can cut her a bit of slack for perhaps not feeling well during her pregnancy, but I don't remember her talking about bad bouts of morning sickness and such.

I guess cutting the grass is a "manly" task that the men should take care of, according to Andrei.  But if Andrei was too lazy/unwilling to cut the grass, Libby could have either purchased/borrowed a lawn mower and cut it herself.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, iwasish said:

Telling the business to the family is just asking for problems ESPECIALLY when the family already has reservations, issues or antagonism towards your partner.  See how well it works for Chantel and her marriage for a textbook case.

This times 1000.  My family loves my hubby, so do my kids.  (It is marriage #2 for me.)  If there was any harsh or sour feelings towards my spouse, I would be doing everything in my power to sing his praises and never complain about him.  Gotta vent?  Vent with a girlfriend that your family will never meet, lol.  And who will keep her mouth shut.  But these three (Libby, hubby and Daddy) seem caught up in the drama and I can't figure out the end game.  Libby, if you can't afford your own home, you should not be married and certainly shouldn't be having kids.  Daddy, stop enabling her!!!  Andrei, get a job, any job.

• Love 6

I feel like this whole thing was scripted and money was thrown her way via the network if she would agree to look pathetic, shitty, lazy, manipulative, etc.....I have a hard time believing people like her actually exist and yet they probably do. She is a huge turd burglar. I do wonder if she realizes how much she is hated by viewers. I find myself always hoping the douchebags on this show follow these blogs. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, RealReality said:

I wish a shady producer would "accidentally" drop that information during a confessional interview.  They do that all the time so I don't know why they won't do it here.

Unless the shady producer is behind the scenes encouraging Libby's dad to surprise Andrei with the news that he is paying their rent on camera.  That would be fantastic drama!  Maybe at a family gathering so Libby is right there!

It would be family Chantal dinner part deux!

2 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

I feel like this whole thing was scripted and money was thrown her way via the network if she would agree to look pathetic, shitty, lazy, manipulative, etc.....I have a hard time believing people like her actually exist and yet they probably do. She is a huge turd burglar. I do wonder if she realizes how much she is hated by viewers. I find myself always hoping the douchebags on this show follow these blogs. 

Consider what "might be" going on:

Daddy Libby is on the show, gets salary from producers.  He funnels that to L+A for rent.  L+A are on show and get salaries.  No real drama, but the script is written to have villains and enablers etc.  Note, L+A production salaries may be enough to cover rent, and Daddy isn't even forking over any money, it's just all fake drama.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
49 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

Consider what "might be" going on:

Daddy Libby is on the show, gets salary from producers.  He funnels that to L+A for rent.  L+A are on show and get salaries.  No real drama, but the script is written to have villains and enablers etc.  Note, L+A production salaries may be enough to cover rent, and Daddy isn't even forking over any money, it's just all fake drama.

I don't believe I can discuss it here because it wasn't on the show (and not sure if I can if I put it under spoiler tag), so I will just say that if you look at their thread from when they were originally on the show, there is information in there about Libby's "Career Aspirations", and that is why I have always 100% believed their storyline is faker than fake.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

@funky-rat I went and looked.  Hmmmmm.  I'm not sure her portrayal of herself is going to add much that's worthy for her reel.  😕 🙂

I don’t think there is much demand in that profession for those with multiple chins.

• LOL 3
13 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

Being pathetic, shitty, and lazy, because you lack self-awareness is one thing. But agreeing to act pathetic, shitty, and lazy, because TLC is throwing pennies your way or you have unrealistic career aspirations? You deserve to be mocked until the end of time. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

Being pathetic, shitty, and lazy, because you lack self-awareness is one thing. But agreeing to act pathetic, shitty, and lazy, because TLC is throwing pennies your way or you have unrealistic career aspirations? You deserve to be mocked until the end of time. 

You know this just about explains the entire raison d'etre for this franchise!

• Love 3
(edited)

When Nicole was talking to her actress-friend I noticed Libby's father sitting there at the bar behind them. Well it wasn't him but looked a bit like him and couldn't get it out of my mind lol.

Speaking about them; again Libby was stoking up the fire; Andrrrei doesn't like you, Andrrrei does this and that... blah l, hate it. People are judging him but not sure how fair that is. He does work when he finds it etc. I am not ready to judge him already. 

The job interview seemed very fake and producer driven to me. They were moving to another place. He was wearing these grey shorts and shirt while driving. When they arrived I think the producer told him to go to company x as they arranged a job interview. Not buying it.

Pedro and Air; I loved to see how happy he was when arriving in DR. Finally he smiled. I uave to say that for the first time I liked family Pedro. They were so happy and loving. Also at home and mentioning that whatever choice he makes they will support him., even if he stays with Chantel. Big team Pedro here. But I learned from all these years that that can change the next episode lol.

Larissa is just trying Coltee. Bag for 3k etc. It is just a play for her. In fact she excepts. little compared to her first demand. 

Edited by DutchbutnoJesse
  • Love 8

The job interview seemed very fake and producer driven to me. The were moving to another place. He was wearing these grey shorts and shirt. When they arrived I think the producer told him to go to company x as they arranged a job interview. Not buying it.

The woman who interviewed Andrei was dressed very nicely - in fact, more nicely than I see most women dressed professionally anymore. I wondered if she was instructed to play it up to contrast more fully with Andrei's shorts and polo shirt.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

The woman who interviewed Andrei was dressed very nicely - in fact, more nicely than I see most women dressed professionally anymore. I wondered if she was instructed to play it up to contrast more fully with Andrei's shorts and polo shirt.

I don't know, there are women, and I'm not sure how to say this in a way that isn't somewhat offensive...but there are women of a certain age.....who entered professional careers during a time when it was remarkably hard for a woman to get ahead in business.

It always felt like the double standard for them was palpable and someone was ready to pick them apart the minute they did something wrong.  

So for them having every hair in place and dressing super professional became second nature.  I bet you don't catch her at the grocery store in sweats and flip flops.

A lot of it may have been producer driven, but I think that miss Joyce (?) may just naturally present herself that professionally every day.

• Love 11
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

8 minutes ago, RealReality said:

A lot of it may have been producer driven, but I think that miss Joyce (?) may just naturally present herself that professionally every day.

I have no doubt it was producer driven (or she really just wanted to look extra nice for filming.)  Most companies (and industries) have cultures that dictate how people dress.  I'm NOT saying everyone in her industry dresses in stained jeans and ratty t's but she seemed pretty overdressed for an industry where the vast majority of candidates would simply find dressing neatly and cleanly to be sufficient.

Edited by DaphneCat
I hate typos
  • Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I have no doubt it was producer driven (or she really just wanted to look extra nice for filming.)  Most companies (and industries) have cultures that dictate how people dress.  I'm NOT saying everyone in her industry dresses in stained jeans and ratty t's but she seemed pretty overdressed for and industry where the vast majority of candidates would simply find dressing neatly and cleanly to be sufficient.

Not particularly when you're the boss..... in an industry that is likely dominated by men.

Everything about her, especially if she started back in the day, would have to be designed to demand or command respect.

She has to use everything in her arsenal  encourage employees to think of her as the boss and not a contemporary.  I suspect that she has dealt with a lot if men throughout her career who were less than respectful when she gave them bad news.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Not particularly when you're the boss..... in an industry that is likely dominated by men.

Everything about her, especially if she started back in the day, would have to be designed to demand or command respect.

She has to use everything in her arsenal  encourage employees to think of her as the boss and not a contemporary.  I suspect that she has dealt with a lot if men throughout her career who were less than respectful when she gave them bad news.

Except Andrei described her as a recruiter - not the boss/owner.  I understand what you are saying, but, while I do think she is a naturally put together person, I also think her look was more formal than normal.

6 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Except Andrei described her as a recruiter - not the boss/owner.  I understand what you are saying, but, while I do think she is a naturally put together person, I also think her look was more formal than normal.

I got the impression that her company worked as a middleman and got contracts from trucking companies or people who needed transportation.  

And small as that office was she could be the recruiter, the boss, and the person who negotiates contracts.  

I mean, yeah if she was in a chanel suit..okay, but that pantsuit looked like it was maybe from Macy's and she didn't have a jacket IIRC so it really didn't feel like the only suit in her closet or the dressiest thing she has.

I mean no one is asking if Adam the lawyer was asked to put on a suit to make Debbie look shlubby.  Of if he was told to wear slacks and a button down to look like a lawyer.  I don't think TLC does all that, they probably would have asked the cadre of poorly dressed attorneys on this show to wear something besides amishwear so they looked like they knew something.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I don't know, there are women, and I'm not sure how to say this in a way that isn't somewhat offensive...but there are women of a certain age.....who entered professional careers during a time when it was remarkably hard for a woman to get ahead in business.

It always felt like the double standard for them was palpable and someone was ready to pick them apart the minute they did something wrong.  

So for them having every hair in place and dressing super professional became second nature.  I bet you don't catch her at the grocery store in sweats and flip flops.

I work in what's a super casual office. Jeans and tshirts for the most part EXCEPT for the ladies who started in the company straight out of high school. There's never a day when the 30 year plus seniority crew is not dressed to the nines complete with blazers and skirts. Pantyhose every day ( ugh, I would die!).

I would bet it was only a few years ago Miss Joyce stopped wearing white gloves.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

I work in what's a super casual office. Jeans and tshirts for the most part EXCEPT for the ladies who started in the company straight out of high school. There's never a day when the 30 year plus seniority crew is not dressed to the nines complete with blazers and skirts. Pantyhose every day ( ugh, I would die!).

I would bet it was only a few years ago Miss Joyce stopped wearing white gloves.

LOL @ white gloves

I love women like that ....I bet they have stories, but full pantyhose....oh boy.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

I love women like that ....I bet they have stories, but full pantyhose....oh boy

Panty hose? No Way Jose! For us 'oldies' it was stockings and either girdle or garter belt! Putting on that gizmo every damn day for 20 yrs was pure hell. Now, I laugh when passing by a Vicky's Secret that has garter belts in the window.......

Pantyhose was such an "ahhhhh" thing to come into being! It was freedom (then). 

• Love 8

Plenty of companies still go with business casual or strict business attire. That lady dresses like the office manager down the hall from me.

I don’t think she was overdressed as driven by producers. I think Andrei was underdressed. Rare is the interview where shorts are acceptable. Even with relaxed dress codes and in blue collar industries, you put on some nice pants and a collared shirt, if not a suit.

Everything isn’t a vendetta against Andrei. Everything he does wrong isn’t someone else’s fault.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

I don’t think she was overdressed as driven by producers. I think Andrei was underdressed. Rare is the interview where shorts are acceptable. Even with relaxed dress codes and in blue collar industries, you put on some nice pants and a collared shirt, if not a suit.

Yeah, my husband went to a "hiring event" put on by a local company.  He had some questions about a job listing they had, but he couldn't apply for it online.  Their solution was to give him a card that told him how to fill the application out online, and they sent him home.  Nice.  He never was able to apply for it, and gave up.  But at any rate, the ad said "Dress code: casual - it's OK to come as you are, but please be presentable."  Saw many a person there in ratty sweatpants.  🤔

• Love 1

Plenty of companies still go with business casual or strict business attire. That lady dresses like the office manager down the hall from me.

Everything isn’t a vendetta against Andrei. Everything he does wrong isn’t someone else’s fault.

I hire students at a university and I expect them to dress nicely for an interview. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

Yeah, my husband went to a "hiring event" put on by a local company.  He had some questions about a job listing they had, but he couldn't apply for it online.  Their solution was to give him a card that told him how to fill the application out online, and they sent him home.  Nice.  He never was able to apply for it, and gave up.  But at any rate, the ad said "Dress code: casual - it's OK to come as you are, but please be presentable."  Saw many a person there in ratty sweatpants.  🤔

LOK, I go into the office once a week, but when I had to go in every day I was just amazed at the spectrum of dress.

There was one guy my friend calls "all inclusive resort guy" because he always wears khaki shorts, a Hawaiian shit and flip flops to the office.  Like every day. 

Many of the women wear velour tracksuits.  And I LOVE velour tracksuits...but to work? 

More than a few guys do jeans and tee shirts.  And not nice dark demin jeans either. 

Women wear like torn jeans (not old, like trendy torn jeans) and silk-screened tee shirts with inspirational messages like "FANCY BITCH" or "CUTE BUT PSYCHO"

I saw a guy the other day in some straight up karate pants and a black tee shirt.  And no, I do not work at a dojo.

On the other hand there are women who come in like fabulous.  Hair, makeup, dress, heels.  There are guys in suits and dress shoes.

It's a huge building with a number of departments that run the gamut in terms of skill level and pay...but your comment just made me think of how people can sometimes dress....according to their own preference.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Come on over here on my seat on the bus to hell, persnickity1! I'm right there with you!

And Hannah 94, TURD BURGLER???? OMG! HILARIOUS!!! I'm adding this to my vocabulary STAT!

Edited by goofygirl
props!
  • LOL 3
22 hours ago, RealReality said:

It's a huge building with a number of departments that run the gamut in terms of skill level and pay...but your comment just made me think of how people can sometimes dress....according to their own preference.

I'd argue that it's more like 'according to the lax HR enforcement of appropriate work attire, or there is a lack of clarity about what constitutes appropriate work attire". I know engineers where I live come to work in shorts, tshirts and flip flops, but that's appropriate attire in the companies they work for. Andrei, OTOH, had no business going into an interview in shorts. He looked like an asshole, he acted like an asshole, and he has no clue how to behave in an interview. I hope someone set him straight after watching that episode. That said, I think these two are just playing to the cameras, because it all feels so preposterous that it's just bad acting at this point.

• Love 7

Was it just me or did ashley seem mad at the 18 yo high school kid? They were mocking the kid for having profile pictures from high school! Because she is! The 18 yo didn’t do anything wrong. She probably didn’t know Jay was married. Let her have her profile with her high school pictures because that’s exactly what she is. I dunno it just bugged me when they made it seem like she was to blame. 

• Love 16
4 hours ago, FurBabyMama said:

Was it just me or did ashley seem mad at the 18 yo high school kid? They were mocking the kid for having profile pictures from high school! Because she is! The 18 yo didn’t do anything wrong. She probably didn’t know Jay was married. Let her have her profile with her high school pictures because that’s exactly what she is. I dunno it just bugged me when they made it seem like she was to blame. 

You are not alone. One would think that a grown woman, over 30 years old, might say "Oh my god, this kid is still in HIGH SCHOOL" and muster up, if not exactly empathy, some compassion. But no. She acted like a high schooler herself. Pathetic.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

You are not alone. One would think that a grown woman, over 30 years old, might say "Oh my god, this kid is still in HIGH SCHOOL" and muster up, if not exactly empathy, some compassion. But no. She acted like a high schooler herself. Pathetic.

Or direct her anger - more appropriately - to Jay.  HE is the one who cheated (or tried to) with a high school kid. 

Had the young lady contacted him first, he should have said, "I am married.  My account on Tinder (or whatever app) was created in error.  Please do not contact me again."

But the high schooler seems to be the most mature member of this mess.  I hope she blocked both Jay AND Ashley.

• Love 5
On 5/24/2019 at 5:06 PM, RealReality said:

LOK, I go into the office once a week, but when I had to go in every day I was just amazed at the spectrum of dress.

There was one guy my friend calls "all inclusive resort guy" because he always wears khaki shorts, a Hawaiian shit and flip flops to the office.  Like every day. 

Many of the women wear velour tracksuits.  And I LOVE velour tracksuits...but to work? 

More than a few guys do jeans and tee shirts.  And not nice dark demin jeans either. 

Women wear like torn jeans (not old, like trendy torn jeans) and silk-screened tee shirts with inspirational messages like "FANCY BITCH" or "CUTE BUT PSYCHO"

I saw a guy the other day in some straight up karate pants and a black tee shirt.  And no, I do not work at a dojo.

On the other hand there are women who come in like fabulous.  Hair, makeup, dress, heels.  There are guys in suits and dress shoes.

I work in a manufacturing environment, albeit in the office.  We are free to wear jeans and sneakers, because we may have to go out in to the plant at a moment's notice, and we often do.  They just ask us to look decent, and they give us warning if someone is coming in and we need to gussy up.  Lately, I've been looking at moving on to new horizons, and the thought of buying a new wardrobe scares me...…..

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Or direct her anger - more appropriately - to Jay.  HE is the one who cheated (or tried to) with a high school kid. 

Had the young lady contacted him first, he should have said, "I am married.  My account on Tinder (or whatever app) was created in error.  Please do not contact me again."

But the high schooler seems to be the most mature member of this mess.  I hope she blocked both Jay AND Ashley.

And she expected that the high schooler was going to tell her the truth and Jay would lie. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

I work in a manufacturing environment, albeit in the office.  We are free to wear jeans and sneakers, because we may have to go out in to the plant at a moment's notice, and we often do.  They just ask us to look decent, and they give us warning if someone is coming in and we need to gussy up.  Lately, I've been looking at moving on to new horizons, and the thought of buying a new wardrobe scares me...…..

I work in an office, but my section is closed to public and even to the vast majority of employees, so my wardrobe is pretty casual. I will spruce up a bit if I know there’ll be a meeting I need to attend or if my boss has meetings with outside vendors,(he doesn’t care, but of course I want to best represent him and his office). As far as HR is concerned, they don’t care what you wear if you are just filling out an application, but yes they do judge your appearance if called in for an interview. 

Andrei seemed to have an interview appointment  so he should have dressed nicer, if he thought he was just filling out an application, then he should have apologized for his clothing and explained that he hadn’t expected to be interviewed. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, funky-rat said:

It shouldn't.  And even if it does, you're too smart a cookie to let it stop you.

• Love 2