Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E13: Reunited

• Start Topic

(edited)

IMO, a ok reunion... You can tell thats not any real tension between the queens. They tried their best to sell it, bring back the drama that happened on the show but nothing surprising for me, anyone with sense of reality would know that they are all fine with each other/ everything discussed was about things that happened a year ago, alot for the camera (queens prooved they are aware) they all made up and moved on.

A good part tho was Ru kinda having  to acknowledge that she didnt gave Nina the credit she deserved. Luckly Nina is still gratefull and must accept a invite for a All Stars.

Edited by DanielleC.
  • Love 5

There were several ladies at the reunion that I don't remember.  Sad to hear that Vangie and Brooke are no longer an item. Vangie seemed heart broken.  Brooke is a handsome guy.  I would bet good money that he has someone else. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Adeejay said:

Vangie seemed heart broken.  Brooke is a handsome guy.  I would bet good money that he has someone else. 

I tried hard to read between the lines.  Sounds like Brooke is a commitment-phobe and/or wanted more than monogamy.  Vanjie seemed into a more traditional relationship model.  They realized early that they wanted different things, and called it quits. 

Vanjie, while possibly the more hurt/spurned/emotionally invested one in their relationship, seemed heart broken at that moment, I think she will recover well.  Brooke, I think, might be too narcissistic or walled-up for the intimacy that Vanjie sought. 

• Love 15

Okay, so Vanjie didn't need to get her teeth done, but "I wanted the Notebook and got a post-it" is gold. Gold, I say.

I didn't remember Kahanna, barely remembered Mercedes, and would have been perfectly fine never seeing Rah Jah again. Still don't like Silky, still do like Scarlet.

• Love 24
19 minutes ago, AntManBee said:

I tried hard to read between the lines.  Sounds like Brooke is a commitment-phobe and/or wanted more than monogamy.  Vanjie seemed into a more traditional relationship model.  They realized early that they wanted different things, and called it quits. 

Vanjie, while possibly the more hurt/spurned/emotionally invested one in their relationship, seemed heart broken at that moment, I think she will recover well.  Brooke, I think, might be too narcissistic or walled-up for the intimacy that Vanjie sought. 

Yeah, Brooke said some stuff through the season that struck me as him having difficulty in a situation where you need to be emotionally intimate with someone. Then in the last episode when he revealed he's never had an actual boyfriend, I wasn't that surprised.

I unfortunately tend to date cluster B kind of individuals (not intentionally, they're good at hiding it until it's too late) and Brooke had some of the traits in common with a couple of my exes.

Vanjie will find someone who will want the same thing. At least I hope so.

• Love 5
(edited)

Just one thing rub me the wrong way and I´m sure most people will overlook it (not only because it came from Vangie but because it was quick): When they talked about her wardrobe problem, Shuga tried to put in a nice way the obvious: the fact that what was really off about Vangies journey was the fact of the judges keeping giving her the same critics week after week (not only about the clothes tho, her acting aswell) and the fact she got free passes till the end.. In response, Vangie was very quicky to point to Shugar that its not her fault/its Shugar own issue if she doesnt have personality (or something between these lines). If this came from Silkys mouth (it was how she usually defended herself before), people would be mad. But, ya know...

Edited by DanielleC.
  • Love 6

That pretty much confirmed what I already thought: Nina was robbed, Yvie should win, Vanji is hilarious and there were a whole bunch of either annoying or forgettable queens.

The two things that surprised me were that Silky could sit still for an hour and Brook Lynn is as ice cold as a Canadian winter.

#TeamYvie

• Love 18

I don't know exactly why, but it annoyed me that so many of them seemed to preface every statement with "I love you but-" when discussing someone they straight up didn't like, and don't need to like, and it's totally reasonable to say "yeah we just didn't get along". Not everyone needs to like each other. It's possible to be respectful of someone you don't adore. And yet every other sentence was "I love the bitch but-".

• Love 12

Random thoughts:

This reunion proved that not one of the girls are any good at reading. What a travesty. Comparative to other casts, I really think they come up short on the whole too. 

Ra'Jah had one of the best quotes of the night with the "capital T, lower case s" line. I'm a fan of seeing her on my TV. 

Scarlet got a lot more airtime than I was expecting, but I was never bored with her, so good call.

I really hate final fours. It's three damn it. Must be said.

I am team Akeria, but she did herself no favours on this reunion. Thought she would have more bottle than that.

Kahanna had the Kimora Blac moment of the night. Desperately trying to grasp onto some airtime with some lame "issue" with another queen.

Shuga Cain was the best dressed of the night for me.

• Love 2
(edited)

I loved Yvie's look!  I know it was makeup, not a face mask, but I felt itchy watching her wear it for hours.  You know you're always going to get something different from her.

Vangie didn't need to do whatever she did to her face.  I'd be interested to see what she looks like now out of makeup.

Brooke looked extremely polished. I look forward to seeing what she and Yvie will wear at the final.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Amello said:

Shuga Cain was the best dressed of the night for me.

Looking good will have to be her best reward because she was otherwise pretty much ignored.

I love Shuga!

• Love 4

Vanjie looked amazing, and she has such a fun personality! Nina is a class act. I hope she gets another chance at RPDR, because she didn't deserve to go home. 

Yvie for the win. 

Ru seems completely over it,  but she's gonna milk the cow as long as it keeps giving  milk.  

• Love 4

As long as silky doesn't win I really dont care anymore this season has just been "meh" all the way around. I found myself bored with this reunion and flipping channels ... I love me some Nina and she knows how to work the game cause her Lips must have been CHAPPPED to high heaven with the ass kissing she was giving Ru but she's knows thats the smart thing to do cause he loves getting his ass kissed 

• Love 10
(edited)

I need to admit that I can't have it both ways. 

On the one hand, I was disappointed in A'Keria for not owning her part in starting drama between queens and sauntering away unscathed. There's footage of it, so she may as well have owned it. (It was funny that the show mercilessly replayed it. Shade!) Instead she just seemed like a dyed-in-the-wool liar. 

On the other hand, I was turned off by Brooke Lynn's callous treatment of Scarlett Envy when called out about what she said at Roscoe's. Brooke Lynn owned all of her statements (which is rational, considering that too, has been recorded). Yes, she said all the queens hated Scarlett and wanted her to leave, and no she wasn't drinking that night. She apologized for bringing other queens into it and using the word "hate", but otherwise, she stood by her statement.

So the queens took completely opposite approaches to being called out and I'm still giving side eye. Maybe, if they could have found a way to tell the truth in a funny way, like Ra'Jah (of all people) did with "a wig found it's way into my bag", that would have helped. Of course, Ra'Jah immediately reverted to rude form by throwing Ariel's wig at her feet, as if she was in the wrong for wanting her stuff back. So Ra'Jah's still gonna Ra'Jah.

Maybe, I'm just pissed off at Brooke Lynn for clearly breaking Vanjie's heart. But, she can't stay in a relationship just to make fans happy. And, I could be naive, but I don't think the romance was all engineered by Brooke Lynn just to get more screentime, as (surprise surprise), A'keria brought up as a possibility.

Whatever, I'm not overly invested in any of the frontrunners this season, and as long as Silky doesn't win, I'll be fine with the result. If Silky does somehow pull off a win, I'll do the same thing I did with the first season of Survivor when Richard won, I'll take the show off my recording schedule and never look back.

Edited by 7-Zark-7
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, AntManBee said:

Monogamy is not for everyone, and such a disagreement is especially common in gay male relationships. To be monogamous AND in what sounded like a long distance relationship (Vanjie was famous from S10 so was getting road gigs before Brooke Lynn was) didn't sound sustainable to Brooke Lynn.

Ariel and Kahanna both wanted airtime with their drama and were so full of shit.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, laprin said:

The only thing I got out of that lackluster reunion was that I prefer the old Vangie to the “new and improved” one. 

I totally agree. Did not like the new look at all. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, JakeyJokes said:

Monogamy is not for everyone, and such a disagreement is especially common in gay male relationships. To be monogamous AND in what sounded like a long distance relationship (Vanjie was famous from S10 so was getting road gigs before Brooke Lynn was) didn't sound sustainable to Brooke Lynn.

I am all too familiar how common the monogamy issue is among gay men, and how it isn't everybody's desire in a relationship.  Perhaps that has shaded my view of Brooke, who clearly was not willing (or ready?) to be in a monogamous relationship with Vanjie.  The way she talked about not being able to look at or flirt with another guy was telling.  She seemed wound up just saying it.  She was probably worried about coming off as the villain who broke Vanjie's heart.  

My real contention with Brooke though is how she goes on saying she loves Vanjie.  I found it somewhat emotionally manipulative.  Maybe she does love Vanjie (as a friend, ex, cast mate) but it came off as a cold choice of words (assuming) that Vanjie is the one who is the more heartbroken.  It sucks they had to live out their relationship and breakup in the public eye. 

In hindsight, Brooke probably saw Vanjie as a cute, likable, boy who likes him back.  Vanjie already had her story line of the season by coming back, and maybe saw Brooke as the real deal.  It's not like Brooke was shy about instigating overt PDA.  While I don't think A'keria is entirely correct, she made a good point that Brooke was wise to attach herself to Vanjie.  It created a season long story line and gave the otherwise bland and stoic Canadian something to talk about besides being so god damned boring and perfect.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Mayberry said:

Interesting (or not so) that Ru didn't go after Silky or address the viewer reaction much. Guess Ru has to justify why he kept him. Silky of course was on his best behaviour and very quiet. Playing it all down. 

I thought that Ru did kind of sign on to the criticism of Silky by hammering home what Yvie was trying to say throughout the season when they had been going at it.  Silky had tried to brush it off and Ru was determined to make the point and basically reiterated that the reason Yvie had kept harping on Silky was because she was getting critiques and called out by the judges and then when she was back in the lounge or workroom she'd come out with this delusional attitude that she had no clue why they said any of it and she didn't know why she was not being viewed positively when in reality Silky was just awesome! Ru was pointing out that Yvie was telling her that the judges had said this stuff because Silky's words didn't seem to match what was actually happening.  

2 hours ago, theatremouse said:

Ariel's look was not working for me at all. It was distractingly bad.

I think it was the lipstick.  Normally all of Ariel's makeup look like it was done in a fairytale bubble, but for some reason she was wearing this old lady terracotta tile lipstick color.  

1 hour ago, AntManBee said:

My real contention with Brooke though is how she goes on saying she loves Vanjie.  I found it somewhat emotionally manipulative.  Maybe she does love Vanjie (as a friend, ex, cast mate) but it came off as a cold choice of words (assuming) that Vanjie is the one who is the more heartbroken.  It sucks they had to live out their relationship and breakup in the public eye. 

I think Brooke has genuine feelings for Vangie and does have love for her, but for whatever reason, a relationship isn't going to work out.  Vangie was more attached and it sucks, because I've been that person in the relationship.  I don't know that I blame Brooke, because I also think the show itself is likely a weird situation and it is hard to say that what happens while there is going to be sustainable when you're away from it with "real life" going on away from it.  They have different lives in different places, perhaps if they both lived in the same place it would work out, but it was kind of more like a summer camp thing that wasn't as likely to work out.   

• Love 10
6 hours ago, 7-Zark-7 said:

So the queens took completely opposite approaches to being called out and I'm still giving side eye.

I think their approaches were similar in that they deflected or...didn't fully engage. Brooke just chose a different style, using words that sounded good but to me there was nothing real behind them. 

• Love 3

Soju is hilarious. That first dress that got her home was a mess, sure, but I wish they kept her longer than other entirely forgettable queens (Kahanna, Honey, Mercedes, Ariel, Ra'Jah and yes, even Plastique). 

It would be great if they chose to keep fun over drama for once, I think it would be a better show (and Nina would still be there!)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Fake Jan Brady said:

Is "I was feeling some kind of way" a hip new expression amongst the kids or just Ra'jah not being able to narrow it down?

It's a thing.  When I first heard it I expected the person to go on to explain the way that they felt, but it turns out that that's the way people are expressing that they had an issue with whatever the situation was.  Instead of saying it pissed them off, they "were feeling some kind of way about it"  

Brooke struck me as very non-confrontational during the show, for the most part.  I don't really remember her getting into fights, if anything, I remember her building a pillow fort to hide in during the drama in the lounge.  So I was kind of surprised when I saw the comments about Scarlett.  I don't think she's wrong in what she said, though, given that Scarlett was the last one picked during the challenge and everyone pretty much had similar reactions to her when she came back.  I think it would have been better to say that they just didn't mesh or she didn't care for her rather than "We all hate her"

Scarlett was more gracious than I expected her to be when she complimented Brooke.  During the show, I couldn't stand Scarlett.  She struck me as super vain and also she just has this weird sneer she does in an effort to make her lips look fuller that I can't stand.  It's petty, I know, but I can't stand it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I loved the moments of recognition for Nina. Love her! 

I loved seeing the other girls, particularly Mercedes. 

I agree with others are saying about Brooke and Vanjie. 

They didn't vote this year. Last year they voted on who should win. I wonder if Ru was worried someone wouldn't get any votes. 

Nina had some good reads, but the reads have been off this season. Last season, at the reunion Dusty and Yuhua both had some good reads that hadn't got to use. 

• Love 2

I'm so glad Silky kept her big mouth shut for the most part; I had my remote at the ready to mute her every word, but I didn't have to use it.  I think she knows she is not in the running.  I do wish Ru would give the queens a runway walk so we could see their whole outfits instead of just the front row's looks.  I could not figure out how the sock puppets fit in Nina's look.  I could not remember some of these queens at all.  I had even forgotten Rajah by the end of the season; how could I have forgotten how annoying she was?  My loathing of Silky apparently had some interesting side effects!  Don't care about Brooke and Vangie; romances don't work out a lot of times, and I don't blame either person, even though it did look like Vangie was still pining.  I am still PISSED that Nina was eliminated before vile Silky or Vangie.   Oh, and I dislike Akeriah immensely.  I like Scarlett; I don't know why.  Her transparent self-centeredness amuses me.  And I think she's pretty, in or out of drag.

• Love 14
18 hours ago, Red Bridey said:

I'm so glad Silky kept her big mouth shut for the most part; I had my remote at the ready to mute her every word, but I didn't have to use it.  I think she knows she is not in the running. 

The reunion is filmed the day after the finale taping, so even though they don't know who wins overall, they do know who makes it to the final two. The way certain queens in the top act at the reunion can be pretty telling.

• Love 1
On 5/25/2019 at 12:28 AM, Fake Jan Brady said:

Is "I was feeling some kind of way" a hip new expression amongst the kids or just Ra'jah not being able to narrow it down?

It means you're upset. I first heard it in a Mariah Carey song from 2013 ("It was overcast that day/and I was feeling some kind of way"). I really disliked Ra'jah during her season in part because I am a Mariah stan, but in the reunion she was funny and able to reflect on her behavior once she got past the fake "I'm sorry you feel that way" kind of apologies that don't mean anything.

9 hours ago, ivanp91 said:

The reunion is filmed the day after the finale taping, so even though they don't know who wins overall, they do know who makes it to the final two. The way certain queens in the top act at the reunion can be pretty telling.

Really?! That’s weird. As quiet as Silky was, that gives me great hope that she failed spectacularly. 

Speaking of weird: Towel with bubbles and duckies on her head and a green facial mask, Ivey never looked prettier!

• Love 7
On 5/24/2019 at 11:07 PM, bobbyjoe said:

The best part of the whole reunion episode?

Alaska's ads for “Vagina.”

Ha! ITA. In fact I had to rewind after the word vagina was shown, I was like WTF was that. LOL  I do have another best part: the recognition and love for Nina, who was robbed. 

I had totally forgotten about Honey and Kahanna, that's how memorable they were to me. 

Team Yvie.

• Love 2

I knew the reunion show was taped after the finale so I was trying to study everyone's behavior to see if I could detect anything. Of course the editing affects what we see. Brooke Lynn and Akeria weren't featured very flatteringly so I think they are not in the top 2. Also when ru asked eliminated queens to say something Brooke Lynn raised her hand. And when they were talking about the great prizes the winner gets, Brooke Lynn turned to Silky and smiled knowingly. And Silky kept her mouth shut, trying not to attract anymore negative attention to herself.  I think Akeria and Silky will lip synch with Silky winning, Brooke Lynn and Yvie with Yvie winning and Yvie taking it all. My alternate scenario, fueled mainly by the look Brooke Lynn gave Silky is that they are the top 2. I think its between Nina West and Vangie for Miss Congenialty.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I thought they always film multiple endings and none of the participants know who actually won until the finale airs, so I don't think we can necessarily read anything about the finale into the body language during the reunion.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, theatremouse said:

I thought they always film multiple endings and none of the participants know who actually won until the finale airs, so I don't think we can necessarily read anything about the finale into the body language during the reunion.

While it is true that multiple endings are filmed at the finale taping, because of the elimination tournament style lip syncs to the crown, two of the final four queens were eliminated on stage and not part of the final lip-sync or eligible to win.   Now, if Ru decides that the final lip-sync is another three-or-four way, that could change things. 

Spoiler

Spoilers from the finale: it's a final two queens.

In the case last year, Asia O'Hara knew she was not going to the win the season after her lip sync elimination, so at the reunion, she seemed less constrained in holding her opinions or confronting Ru about the treatment of the Vixen. 

What does it mean "When I came to the show I thought I was a capital T, but I left feeling like a lowercase s"?

Did they sedate Silky before the show?  She seemed so subdued. 

I love Nina. 

Vanjie's skin looks ... darker. 

• Love 2

Pretty late to the party on this, but I found this reunion to be disappointing. Why did no one ask Silky how she felt once learning she was not “beloved by America” like she thought she would be? Maybe because she lost & people felt bad?

• Love 1

Vanjie's skin looks ... darker. 

WORD.  She was unrecognizable and she looked better before.  All she needed was better makeup.  If her teeth were jacked up, I never noticed that either.

Ariel got about 3,000 worth of Restalyne in her lips since the show. Just Ducky