Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E17: Cillas' Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

Mmmm.... that sounds good.

My sister-in-law's mom always brings me flavored teas when she visits from Russia. I don't care for it hot, but it makes the most amazing iced tea. And I'm partial to the Starbuck's Passion iced tea.

It's actually called Zombie Blood Orange; my friend got it from a trip somewhere. (I also have a blood orange from Adagio.com.) I found it too bitter to drink hot so I stuck it in the fridge for a while then added a couple ice cubes and it was pretty good cold. (I usually find fruity herbal teas to be the same. I had a berry one that was like drinking hot juice.) 

I took an inventory of my tea last week and I had 37 different flavors (mostly black teas). Most of them are Adagio sample sizes, which are good for about 10 cups, so it's not quite as bad as it sounds. But that doesn't include what I've got at work. 😉

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So Jessica dumped her three kids, and nursing school to stay with the Whale?   

Meh. You can study to be a home attendant anywhere.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I've heard that with all the weight it restricts the lungs when on back, especially when lying down.

I don't know about being that big, but they often recommend pregnant women not lay on their backs because it can make it harder to breathe and cause dizziness.  The extra weight can compress the vena cava blood vessel.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

So is this woman is pulling her youngest daughter out of school to move to Houston with him? She's six so she must be in school. Sorry, but that really pisses me off.I

Edited to add: And she quit nursing school too!? Aaw HELLS naw!!!

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Additional comments and indignation.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
27 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Am about to have a margarita and something with lots of cheese. I’m in the West Coast so am fueling up for viewing later tonight!

Ooooh I'm jealous!  It's 91 degrees right now, and a Margarita sounds perfect, but all I have tonight is wine, a glass (or two) of Menage a Trois red wine, while waiting for the West Coast viewing.  I REALLY wish I could watch and comment with everyone during the East Coast viewing!

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

Wow! Losing over 100 pounds in a month! I don't think we've seen anyone stick to the plan so quickly.

To be fair, he was in the hospital on a very controlled diet.  The real test will be while he is in rehab and in Houston.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

So is this woman is pulling her youngest daughter out of school to move to Houston with him? She's six so she must be in school. Sorry, but that really pisses me off.

She just said the kids have to change school and she dropped out of nursing school.

• Love 1

I’m never as impressed with large amounts of weight lost when they are on controlled diets in the hospital. It just means their enabler is behaving properly 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
26 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

I'm so sorry.  A friend I grew up with (very overweight, but smaller than most of the people on here) passed a way a couple of months ago.  Her heart just couldn't take it anymore.  Then, last week, a young pastor in our community died from pneumonia and sepsis.  He didn't go to the doctor right away because he thought it was the flu.  Take care of yourselves, indeed.

I will DIE if Dr. Now doesn't take me as a patient.

Why don't they realize it's up to them, not Dr. Now?

My eating habit has been good this week.  Tonight I had grilled chicken with tomatoes, avocado, and fresh mozzarella.  Later I'll probably have my standard 600-lb Life treat of hot tea with apple pie liqueur.    

Apple pie liqueur?? Sounds lovely! Mmmm

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Friday said:

Ooooh I'm jealous!  It's 91 degrees right now, and a Margarita sounds perfect, but all I have tonight is wine, a glass (or two) of Menage a Trois red wine, while waiting for the West Coast viewing.  I REALLY wish I could watch and comment with everyone during the East Coast viewing!

Ménage a Trois red?!?! Let's be friends.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Extended segment from the wife/kids = ZzzzZzz.

This Jay and Trashley commercial for the upcoming 90 Day Fiancé: Happily Ever After? season is more exciting and I've seen it like 100 times this week.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Concerned said:

Bet the older kids will resent moving to Houston. Also why is the kid calling him daddy when they have no biological or legal relationship?

Feels like a 90DF cross-over with single moms trying to build a family with a non-bio shoe-horned into the role of Daddy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

Since the girlfriend claims to be a nursing student, I suggest they test her intelligence and she go see a therapist because I can't figure her out.

Classic codependency. She’s addicted to the addict.

• Love 5

On behalf of @PrincessPurrsALot, I'd like to announce this evening's winner of the Guess-How-Many-Hundreds-Of-Pounds-This-Person-Weighs contest!

hoosier.thumb.jpg.628a395e85892e960ecd7b78440fb68b.jpg

@hoosiermom guessed 727 pounds and tonight's' Poundticipant weighed in at a whopping 729 pounds. Very close! 

Please enjoy your prize! Three Pizza Hut pizzas, 4 liters of Coke, and 14 trays of brownies:

Table_grapes_on_white.thumb.jpg.cd3fd71226dc3b61fd86da1921a84b2f.jpg

2 minutes ago, Concerned said:

Bet the older kids will resent moving to Houston. Also why is the kid calling him daddy when they have no biological or legal relationship?

Sometimes a step parent can be more of a parent than a bio. He is, apparently, the father of choice, and if he steps up and does what he's supposed to, then kudos to him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, Godfrey said:

Feels like a 90DF cross-over with single moms trying to build a family with a non-bio shoe-horned into the role of Daddy.

*coughNicolecough* How's that makeup store workin' out for you and your still-not-hubby?

• LOL 5