Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ElectricBoogaloo

S15.E22: Head Over High Heels

Meredith debates how to handle an unexpected situation in her personal life, while Richard has an untimely reunion with an old friend. Jo has a hard time at work, and Owen tries therapy.

Promo:

Original Canadian air date: 4/17/19
Original U.S. air date: 4/18/19

Okay.  Glad Owen saw a shrink, but wow, that was a real quick breakthrough.  

HAOG really effed up and lashed out at glasses.  Wish I was invested in where things go between them, but I just hope they wrap this story line up quickly and Nico heads to SF soon 

So Mer has officially told the kids about her and DeLuca.   And Alex found out about Jo’s drinking... they could seriously use some couples therapy before they implode  

But it was the Koricick and Amelia conversation that I hated the most as she kept trying to convince him that Owen and Teddy were inevitable.     Also that her relationship with Linc was easy and uncomplicated and she wasn’t just using him because Owen would always prefer Teddy.  

No surprise they rushed the Owen therapy stuff. Magically, in one session, he unravels his ENTIRE reason for being the way he is through ONE (very obvious) event with his dad's death! And now he's cured and good to be with Teddy! Hooray! 

Except....I really wish Owen had started therapy earlier or if his revelation came in the season finale, rather than have it all happen at once. I know Amelia's brain tumour was a magical fix to get the audience to like her, but Owen's therapy session is just as big of a magical fix! 

Speaking of Teddy/Owen, they continue to make it clear that they're endgame through Amelia/Tom. I will say I absolutely love Amelia/Tom's friendship. They may be my favourite friendship on the show since Meredith/Cristina. I love Amelia and Tom both being blunt with each other. I also like how Tom explaining how Link is Amelia's "Teddy" because Link and Teddy are both uncomplicated, easy, and unbroken. It gave direct insight into how Tom views himself without him outright stating it. Poor guy; but I do think he's listening to Amelia when she says that Teddy/Owen will end up together and he won;t be as heartbroken. 

I also loved Amelia's explanation with Owen vs Link. I mean, girl just broke up with Owen maybe a month ago so of course she's not completely over him yet, but she can be with time. I wish she had also added that part to Tom. But honestly, Tom DOES deserve better and I've accepted early on that Teddy/Owen would be endgame, so I'm waiting for them to rip off the bandaid so Tom can find a new girlfriend. 

So, Meredith and Deluca get caught by Zola...which turns out to be pointless since Zola's over the whole creepy guy who slept on their couch about a year ago being her mom's new boyfriend. 

Bailey continues to irritate me. First, with her whole "I don't care about Tuck calling Ben "Dad" and why should Tucker care so much?" (nice to acknowledge that Tucker's still alive somewhere!) to Bailey telling Tuck to stop calling Ben "Dad". 

As for Jo/Alex....I mean, I did like Jackson trying to get through to Jo, but Jo's pissing me off. I know she's depressed and going through a lot, but that's no reason to be such an asshole to her husband. Poor Alex is worried that she's going to leave...and then she threatens to leave him! Man, and I was one of the few who have always liked Jo. This side of her is awful to watch. 

Edit: Oh, I forgot about HAOG and Contacts. The first semblance of a personality that wasn't "GAY" and HAOG is a righteous dickhead toward Contacts. I don't even like Contacts and I was cheering him on when he slammed that door. HAOG can go, now. I HOPE he's leaving, even if it means that this whole storyline was a waste of time.

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Like 3

I loved that when Meredith found out Bailey knew about her and Deluca, she wasn't upset about it, even after she found out that Richard was the one who told Bailey because he's "very chatty."

Whitley!

I think even people who seem happy can benefit from therapy, but someone like Owen REALLY needs it. I'm glad he's finally getting some help because even without knowing about his past (Megan, the things he must have seen during his time in the military), he clearly had a lot of issues based on his behavior in his relationships. For someone who was so resistant to therapy, he had what seemed like the fastest breakthrough ever. I hope he keeps going because one session is not enough to heal everything. And the neuro emotional technique that the therapist used with Owen is a real thing.

I think it's fine that Amelia started sleeping with Linc casually while she was still getting over Owen. She and Linc both knew that it was casual sex with no strings attached. I think that's part of why being with him is easy. What's not to like about an attractive guy who will distract her with sex without being emotionally demanding (especially after being with Owen who was emotionally draining)?

I like that Tom and Amelia have a history and that they are candid with each other. It's nice to see another platonic friendship on the show, especially one where they can really be open and honest with each other.

Speaking of which, I really liked when Meredith told Alex he needed to give Jo some time and then pointed out that he has given her (Meredith) time and space when she needed it so he needs to do the same for Jo. I get that he's worried about her, and I would be too if my spouse started acting drastically different, but he can't force her to tell him.

What bothers me is not that she is refusing to talk about what happened in Philadelphia but that she seems to barely tolerate or acknowledge his presence at all. It's one thing to keep something personal a secret because you aren't ready to talk about it. It's another to act like your spouse is the enemy. I'm not saying she has to pretend that she's okay when she clearly isn't, but since she got back from her trip, she has avoided Alex, she ignores him when he tries to talk to her, and when they talk she is barely civil to him.

I liked that Jackson kept gently trying to get Jo to talk, but I was also down with his tough love when he told her that she'd better not come to work drunk again. Props to the makeup department for making Jo look tired and haggard but realistic.

HAOG needs to take a seat. I know that we tend to lash out at the people who we're closest to when we're upset but dude, that was uncalled for (and I say that as someone who doesn't even like Schmidt). There's snapping at someone and then there's being rude and mean.

While I get that Bailey got stuck in the middle of the Tucker/Tuck/Ben situation, I don't think it was necessarily her job to fix it. Tucker is the one who was upset about it but he didn't have the balls to talk to his own son about it. But the bigger issue to me is that Tuck can call Ben whatever he wants. That's not up to Tucker. I really didn't like that Bailey told Tuck that he had to apologize to Tucker and that he shouldn't call Ben "dad" anymore.

For the record, I'm with Linc. Sushi burritos are delicious. They're like a portable poke bowl.

Loved that Zola's only real question about Deluca was if she could request that he leave his guitar at home. Ha!

• Like 4

Watching this show has become a chore. But jokes on me, because after 14 years - 8 of them exceptional - I'm not going to get off this ride in the hopes that the end is near (like next year, near). 

Meredith looked terrible in bed with Deloser. They do not compliment each other. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

What bothers me is not that she is refusing to talk about what happened in Philadelphia but that she seems to barely tolerate or acknowledge his presence at all. It's one thing to keep something personal a secret because you aren't ready to talk about it. It's another to act like your spouse is the enemy. I'm not saying she has to pretend that she's okay when she clearly isn't, but since she got back from her trip, she has avoided Alex, she ignores him when he tries to talk to her, and when they talk she is barely civil to him.

I liked that Jackson kept gently trying to get Jo to talk, but I was also down with his tough love when he told her that she'd better not come to work drunk again. Props to the makeup department for making Jo look tired and haggard but realistic.

Seriously, this is just horrible what they have done with Jo. Her world was rocked, but seriously she is acting like Alex forced her to seek out her birth mother and then couldn't handle the truth. Go to theorpy because if it can magically fix Owen in one session, probably do the same for you.

Bailey got stuck in the middle of the Tucker/Tuck/Ben situation, I don't think it was necessarily her job to fix it. Tucker is the one who was upset about it but he didn't have the balls to talk to his own son about it. But the bigger issue to me is that Tuck can call Ben whatever he wants. That's not up to Tucker. I really didn't like that Bailey told Tuck that he had to apologize to Tucker and that he shouldn't call Ben "dad" anymore.

That is NOT Bailey's job at all. That is Tucker and if he has such a problem (since we haven't seen him on the show in like 10 years). He has to deal with that, his son is a teen now, he is old enough to make his own decisions. Plus, Ben is a parent figure, no matter what. Even the way he talked to Tuck about everything on Station 19. Even Ben talking about how it wasn't easy for him, but he is a father by blood or not. Honestly, Tucker, get over yourself and how about you deal with being a parent and not the "fun dad". 

I think even people who seem happy can benefit from therapy, but someone like Owen REALLY needs it. I'm glad he's finally getting some help because even without knowing about his past (Megan, the things he must have seen during his time in the military), he clearly had a lot of issues based on his behavior in his relationships. For someone who was so resistant to therapy, he had what seemed like the fastest breakthrough ever. I hope he keeps going because one session is not enough to heal everything. And the neuro emotional technique that the therapist used with Owen is a real thing.

I said it a long time ago, that Owen's father was the source for a lot in his life and why he never sought help or why he was never recommended help after his military situations, is beyond me. The show acts like they don't have PSTD going on regularly now with people. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, readster said:

Seriously, this is just horrible what they have done with Jo. Her world was rocked, but seriously she is acting like Alex forced her to seek out her birth mother and then couldn't handle the truth. Go to theorpy because if it can magically fix Owen in one session, probably do the same for you.

Ha, totally! Given how quickly the therapist got Owen to figure out where his problem stemmed from, everything at Seattle Grace Grey Sloan needs to book an appointment with this guy immediately. You'll all be fixed in about an hour!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

No surprise they rushed the Owen therapy stuff. Magically, in one session, he unravels his ENTIRE reason for being the way he is through ONE (very obvious) event with his dad's death! And now he's cured and good to be with Teddy! Hooray! 

Except....I really wish Owen had started therapy earlier or if his revelation came in the season finale, rather than have it all happen at once. I know Amelia's brain tumour was a magical fix to get the audience to like her, but Owen's therapy session is just as big of a magical fix!

Yup. Just like we predicted 2 episodes ago therapy is used to excuse Owen's horrible behaviour. This is totally like Amelia's brain tumour. So now he has some long hidden trauma about the death of his father. And now that seems fixed and he will be a better man for it. Except I don't buy it and it's done nothing to endear Owen to me.

4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

She treats Alex terribly, but people who go through a bad time sometimes do that to people who least deserve it. Maybe it's kind of self-sabotage? Didn't she say 2 weeks ago that she used to feel like she didn't deserve for someone to love her? So maybe that's why she's subconsciously trying to destroy it now.

What matters to me is that Alex's POV and his feelings in all this were acknowledged and that he's not just taking it. I really liked his talk with Meredith. He's worried about Jo, but he's also worried about himself. And he is allowed to be both. As for the last scene, I gotta say, I'd rather see them fight than Alex continuing to coddle Jo and Jo giving him silence. I liked that last scene. It brought movement into this story and I hope that continues to happen. So far I am interested.

Can HOAG just leave now? Him acting like an ass does not make the character any more interesting and the actor is not exactly the best, to put it mildly.

The whole story about Meredith, DeLuca and the kids fell flat to me, but then again I just don't like that pairing at all.

• Like 1

If only therapy worked for everyone, the way it does for Owen.  

Tucker can call anyone he wants dad.  Miranda doesn’t need to be involved.  

Meredith wants to Delucca to her kids sigh 

Edited by dmc
  • Like 2

Owen’s therapy season was ..... uh something.

Also, shut up Amelia!

Edited by Inerttt · Reason: Added something

I missed something. What did HAOG do that it was his fault his patient died?

Hey, Richard, maybe don't get the woman with a shoe sticking out of her chest all upset and wait until after her surgery to try talking to her? Just a thought.