Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04 Overton Window

dwmarch
  • Start Topic

Although this episode does not air until Sunday, a press screener for it has leaked or so I have heard.

I will save my comments until Sunday except to say that the episode is good (so I have heard) and a lot happens (so I have heard).

"When this is over, we are having a fucking seminar, believe that!"

• LOL 1

I guess it reboots a lot of threads, like the last we’ll see of Foley and Grigor.

And they weren’t  really doing anything with the BDSM other than that initial surprise and then as a sword hanging over Chuck and Wendy’s heads up til now.

They had to get Chuck fired because US Attorneys don’t really hang onto their jobs when the WH changes hands.

So they had to find a new “perch” for Chuck because without power, he’s just a kinky schlub who’s really an impotent bloviator.

Because if there’s one thing  this show can’t have enough of it’s blowhards.

Interesting thing about Wendy and Chuck is that neither mentioned their children until after Chuck had done the deed.  Yeah their daughter may be too young but when she grows up she will learn.

Of course it’s pure fantasy that confessing would help his political fortunes.  Eliot Spitzer actually had to resign as NY AG because of his sex scandal, which also drew a lot of snickering.

Anyways, the NY AG wouldn’t be able to freeze Grigor funds or run him out of the country.  The first one requires federal legislation, the second one is for the State Dept.

But they must have bigger antagonists in mind for the rest of the season, since Chuck and Bobby are BFFs.

For the time being.

• Love 2

"Boss people." Took me a minute to realize Taylor's employee was avoiding saying "boss man" or "boss lady."

Axe's new girlfriend is savage. He better hope she never turns on him. I think she's a much better partner for him than Lara ever was. No long past history of expectations.

I knew Chuck wasn't going to fold.

In the age of the mainstreamed 50 Shades books and movies, I don't see why Chuck being into BDSM inside his marriage is a big deal. It's not as if he's doing anything illegal. The major problem I see is that he's going to be expected to talk about it in interviews. That's going to be rough with the MSM. Plus the blowback on his kids could be harmful to their emotional well-being. AFAIC, Wendy's a grown-ass woman and can own her part in it. Or not.

Taylor reaching out to Wendy was interesting. What's she up to? Guess it doesn't matter now that Grigor's been forcibly excised from her company.

• Love 5
(edited)

I feel like the writers are just throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks.

First, Foley had a lot more on Chuck than the fact that he and Wendy were into S&M.  Chuck was also going to a studio and being dominated by another women.  That is very different than just doing this with a consenting wife.  Second, most politicians would not get past this.

I would be shocked if their marriage survives this.  Chuck was already on thin ice.

Also, I really don’t see how the NY AG would be able to run someone out of the country.  That seems to be something that would happen at the federal level. 

This was the first entertaining episode of the season but is really asking the audience to look past some obvious gaps in credibility.

Edited by Dminches
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

AFAIC, Wendy's a grown-ass woman and can own her part in it. Or not.

It's got nothing to do with whether Wendy is a grown ass women and can handle the embarrassment (she can). She shouldn't have to though after they discussed it. It was not Chucks right to put her private person business in the streets just because he wanted to "unburden" himself to win another fight. And as @Dminches stated and I've pointed out before, the activities went further than just the privacy of his home with his consenting wife, sometimes as far as not having his wife there at all and without her knowledge. 

I was interested in seeing Axe's reaction this ep because he already knew about their private activities from when he thought Wendy had betrayed him and had her followed and photographed. He was the one that inadvertently alerted her to the fact Chuck was visiting the dom lady without her knowing.

36 minutes ago, Dminches said:

I would be shocked if their marriage survives this.  Chuck was already on thin ice.

I would be very happy to see this happen. She should be all the way done with him at this point. I too wonder what Taylor is up to. I want to believe it's genuine with no ulterior motives but we shall see. 

I'm going to hand wave the whole Russian plot this ep and just imagine Chuck pulled some strings at the Fed level to get it done because yea, his powers wouldn't extend far past The Great State of NY.

I too like Axe's gf but I'm waiting to see how Axe really feels about her, I think he is still making up his mind. They could be an amazing team...or amazing enemies.

Good ep.

• Love 9

Not sure where they manage to find bigger and bigger sharks to jump week after week.

I’ve lost all respect for Wendy. She’s chosen to stay with Chuck all this time, knowing what a tool he was and now she’s upset that he went against her wishes? She’s supposed to be a psychologist (or a psychiatrist, I forget which). Hasn’t she ever noticed after all these years that Chuck is a selfish jerk who does whatever he wants and doesn’t really care about anyone else? Did she double down on stupid or something?

Good bye, John Malkovich. I won’t miss your lousy Russian accent or your cliche of a character.

Why do I keep watching this show?

• Love 7

I can understand Chuck choosing to put his potential sex scandal before he was outed.  However, going against Wendy's wishes jeopardizes her career and their marriage and children.  I would expect him to handle it differently.  He could say that there was someone who wanted to expose things that they did as married, consenting adults and turn himself into the candidate of personal privacy and body autonomy; instead he outed himself as a masochist and submissive.  That's not going to play well.  

I hope that really is the end of Grigor and the accent of horribleness.  My ears can't take it.     

• Like 1
  • Love 7

So many things to say. I'll keep them brief and to the point 

Wendy being a bad ass cracking the proverbial wipe with the "we are going to have a seminar" but cant admit she literally cracks a whip on her husbands ass? Come on. Its 2019 and the Wendy I know has no shame, as there is NOTHING to be ashamed of. Yes her sex life was put on blast but bitch puleeeeez you're married to a politician. What did you expect?! Dont act all shocked and awed just OWN IT. Damn how I wish she would have accepted Tay-Tay's invitation but I get why she didnt. 

I know Wendy may have been tiring of the S&M but she wasnt being the excellent direct communicator that she was in the beginning of the series. Her lame attempts at giving Chuck a hint are futile,  I love Wendy, but I am barely seeing Wendy I know and love this season. Since when does she run out of a room crying? For ANY reason??

Did we ACTUALLY see Wags having a purpose or some kind of knowledge in the industry? Shocker! 

Loving the Taylor and Daddy thing. It's as if this is the shows way of addressing the elephant in the room and I find it refreshing. Can I ask a legit question....when Taylor refers to themself why do they say "I" instead of "we". Just polishing up on my PC, wanting to be informed! 

Lastly, riddle me this Batman.....why is Damian Lewis such a panty dropper? Not my typical type for sure and it's not the Bobby bad-ass millionaire persona this goes back to Homeland (aka Crazy Carrie-Pants as the hubby and I dubbed it because we could never remember the name). He was especially hot this epi so I thought I'd throw it out there. 

Loved the Russians reference to Axe Body Spray. But dont even get me started on how quickly and neatly they tied a bow on that one. 

The end. 

Wow. That was so not as brief as I had intended. 🙂

6 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I can understand Chuck choosing to put his potential sex scandal before he was outed.  However, going against Wendy's wishes jeopardizes her career and their marriage and children.  I would expect him to handle it differently.  He could say that there was someone who wanted to expose things that they did as married, consenting adults and turn himself into the candidate of personal privacy and body autonomy; instead he outed himself as a masochist and submissive.  That's not going to play well.  

I hope that really is the end of Grigor and the accent of horribleness.  My ears can't take it.     

I think he wanted her to punish him. She has been hiding out.  Plus he always wants to please Daddy. I am not shocked at all. 

• Love 6
On 4/7/2019 at 2:30 AM, scrb said:

Of course it’s pure fantasy that confessing would help his political fortunes.  Eliot Spitzer actually had to resign as NY AG because of his sex scandal, which also drew a lot of snickering.

Even if the above wasn't true...Wendy is a exec therapist and this would completely ruin how she is viewed professionally.  There are just some things people need to keep private and may be more easily overcome in some business spheres than others.  I noticed they skipped over the new media hype of it by showing 1 month later... because it would be brutal.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Gemini Gipsy said:

🙂 I think he wanted her to punish him. She has been hiding out.  Plus he always wants to please Daddy. I am not shocked at all. 

I think you are spot on.  He has a need and she was only reluctantly participating of late and I gather not frequently.  I think it will cost his marriage though 

• Love 4

As much as I respect Chuck for that speech he also outed Wendy and sex and the Overton Window has always been harder on women.  I did see a glimmer of an interesting story between Wendy and Taylor the one person who saw how mucj what  Chuck did affected her.  It would be interesting pairing them off even just as friends considering the war between Axe and Taylor and Wendy’s place in it.  

• Love 4
(edited)

If Wendy doesn't divorce Chuck after this I would be surprised. He promised the course that would not embarrass her and the family. She walked away, relaxed, trusting him, that he would take that course.  Then he just unilaterally changes course, taking her by complete surprise, totally abusing her trust. How could she ever trust him again? Why should she not just be angry beyond measure and despise the idea of even being around him?

Edited by Pat Hoolihan
  • Love 11
(edited)

There's a big difference between private kink practiced with one's wife (which is not exactly true in Chuck's case since he used a professional domme as well, but was all Chuck admitted to) and an extramarital affair. The latter is still a big deal (although less so than it would have been years ago, I think), the former is downright wholesome as far as political sex scandals go, especially in a cynical age where a lot of people assume as a matter of course that politicians cheat on their partners. BDSM is a lot more mainstream these days than it once was as well, and even the most pearlclutching of evangelicals don't get all that fussed about heterosexual sex stuff as long as it takes place within the confines of marriage.

Also, authenticity, or at least the appearance of it, is a huge plus these days. While he wasn't a politician, Jeff Bezos got a lot of respect after publishing the AMI extortion attempt along with a detailed description of the racy, embarrassing photos AMI was threatening to publish. The reason that he was being extorted was that he was having an affair, but he got a great deal of praise for coming clean and refusing to be intimidated by blackmailers. I'm guessing Chuck got a similar boost.

6 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Taylor would refer to themself as I.  Mafee should have said boss person or just boss instead of boss people.  

I have never found Damian Lewis hot but I accept that I am supposed to.  This kind of thing happens to me often. 

I think Taylor knows that Mafee is trying to be respectful, in his own sweet and clueless way, and appreciates the effort. I love their relationship.

Lewis is a very attractive man who manages to make the hoodies and old T-shirts Axe wears look like haute couture, but someone pointed out Damian Lewis' small mouth, and now I can't unsee it.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 6

My problem with Chucks public confession. He went too far. Bad enough he is going to out his wife as a consenting partner as well as himself. But, he could have stopped at admitting to being a sadomasicist . He did not need to go into detail on his likes and dislikes. That he needs to be pinched, whipped, hurt, tortured to get off.  Maybe I have been watching too many criminal minds but I would not trust nor want to be around anyone who thinks that is okay to let everyone know. Does he expect to meet new willing partners this way ? Or be kidnapped and sexually tortured and then left for dead. He just sent out an invitation. The speech really bothered me and him thinking he achieved hero status sickens me. If he wants to get ahead of the news, fine, but taking the "shame" off of it? I dont know.

• Love 2

In that fictional world, Chuck's speech worked ... he won the election. I can't believe it would work in the real world. It conjures disgusting images one cannot get out of one's mind every time one sees him. And it is such a weird sort of thing one has to wonder what sort of other oddnesses lurk within him and whether he has the requisite frame of mind. And in the case of Chuck, with the things he's done, those fears are not off base. He's a weird guy in too many ways.

• Love 3
(edited)

I know a couple people who are non binary and they will tell you people do slip.  You can be ass about it and correct them or you can just ask people to be respectful of who you are as a person.  The relationship between Taylor and They’re crew is all of mutual respect which is far different then down at Axelrod’s.   Which is why I found the phone call between Taylor and Wendy intriguing.  Yes Wendy shut Taylor down quickly but Taylor has been the only person to care at all about how Chucks great revelation about HIS sexuality has effected HER.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 7

Why didn't Axe just short Natural Gas? They could have made 5X their loss if they shorted the sector. The knowledge that something bad is about to happen is worth a fortune. In fact that is how Axe made his after 9/11.

And how many burner phones does he need on hand?

• Love 4

He resigned as Governor, not AG.  If I remember right, Spitzer's scandal was that he was having sex with prostitutes, and spent tens of thousands of dollars on those prostitutes.  What he was doing was a crime, and there was a legitimate threat that he could be removed from office related to those crimes, if he had not resigned. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Pat Hoolihan said:

In that fictional world, Chuck's speech worked ... he won the election. I can't believe it would work in the real world. It conjures disgusting images one cannot get out of one's mind every time one sees him. And it is such a weird sort of thing one has to wonder what sort of other oddnesses lurk within him and whether he has the requisite frame of mind. And in the case of Chuck, with the things he's done, those fears are not off base. He's a weird guy in too many ways.

I don’t know.   It’s a crapshoot for me.  There are those people who would see “weird guy with weird sex” but there are others like me who would be more likely to see a guy who didn’t give in to a blackmailer plus who gives a fuck what a guy does in his own marriage as long as it’s consensual?  My issue would be the lack of his wife standing behind him nodding at the inhumanity of it all.  

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

but there are others like me who would be more likely to see a guy who didn’t give in to a blackmailer plus who gives a fuck what a guy does in his own marriage as long as it’s consensual?  

That would be the strongest argument - didn't give in to a blackmailer.  If he had emphasized that to the hilt and if he had a weak opponent, then his win makes more sense. Still there is a fundamental weirdness and psychological problem with someone who likes people to hurt him. That makes it different from other things and tough for people to accept in a leader -- just a very difficult thing to understand..

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Chaos Theory said:

I don’t know.   It’s a crapshoot for me.  There are those people who would see “weird guy with weird sex” but there are others like me who would be more likely to see a guy who didn’t give in to a blackmailer plus who gives a fuck what a guy does in his own marriage as long as it’s consensual?  My issue would be the lack of his wife standing behind him nodding at the inhumanity of it all.  

I don't care what people do to themselves and others as long as everyone is on board.  However, going to an S&M parlor and involving a paid person might be illegal.  This goes beyond what you do in your own marriage.  Again, I don't care but if it is illegal that is another issue.

• Love 1

This is the first time I’ve actually respected Chuck.  Great episode.  

So my sense from this season is Wendy isn’t into S&M at all, she does it solely to fulfill Chuck’s needs.  I mean this explains a lot of their marriage issues since the generally sex enjoyment should be mutual for both parties. The more telling thing is Chuck seems aware it’s one sided and is okay with that.  It’s kind of selfish and while Wendy is doing it she seems to sort of resent it. 

Axe’s new girlfriend is annoying but I have resigned myself to that being Axe’s type streetwise sort or women.  

Chuck is the MVP here this week.  I am normally not a Chuck fan but I supported his speech.   Also it’s bs that this is Chuck’s dad influence.  Chuck wanted this and wanted to win.  His dad has always wanted it but now Chuck and his father are on the same page. Chuck has no problem resisting his father when he wants to.  I understood everything Wendy was saying but I still sympathize with Chuck no one wants to be blackmailed.  

Wendy and Chuck may be through but I think this was just the final nail in the coffin.  Wendy has not been satisfied with that relationship in awhile and Chuck is only satisfied because Wendy is basically sacrificing who she is to do what he wants.  

Taylor reaching out to Wendy was legit.  

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

As much as I respect Chuck for that speech he also outed Wendy and sex and the Overton Window has always been harder on women.  I did see a glimmer of an interesting story between Wendy and Taylor the one person who saw how mucj what  Chuck did affected her.  It would be interesting pairing them off even just as friends considering the war between Axe and Taylor and Wendy’s place in it.  

I thought employees were fired for fraternizing with Taylor and company.  The picture of the guy at their barbecue was enough to blackball him. 

5 hours ago, edhopper said:

Why didn't Axe just short Natural Gas? They could have made 5X their loss if they shorted the sector. The knowledge that something bad is about to happen is worth a fortune. In fact that is how Axe made his after 9/11.

Yeah he made all those other people buy his positions knowing the price will tank.  Actually I would think price would go up from a supply disruptions.

In any case they burned bridges.   One of them they won’t talk to Axe for 6 months.  But instead of losing $500 million they only lost $48 million.

So the counterparties lost hundreds of millions.

I would think they’d be permanent if not long term enemies.  

They just wanted to show Bobby and Wags talk shit and bully people.

(edited)

As to why they didn't short, it was as much as they could do to sell some 85% or whatever of their positions. There was little time to short on top of that. Plus they could barely find buyers for what they were trying to sell. It would have been difficult to sell short too. The idea of shorting should have been brought up on the show and Axe explain why not. Maybe it was but they edited it out.

I wonder why a genius like him was so long on NG in the first place. It's been a dog for years because of oversupply.

Edited by Pat Hoolihan
3 hours ago, dmc said:

So my sense from this season is Wendy isn’t into S&M at all, she does it solely to fulfill Chuck’s needs.  I mean this explains a lot of their marriage issues since the generally sex enjoyment should be mutual for both parties. The more telling thing is Chuck seems aware it’s one sided and is okay with that.  It’s kind of selfish and while Wendy is doing it she seems to sort of resent it. 

Chuck is and always has been a selfish, soulless jerk, something Wendy has been aware of for their entire marriage and has put up with AND enabled it. He didn’t even consider how this would affect his kids forever after. It’s all about Chuck. Maybe it will take public humiliation for Wendy to finally see Chuck for the creepy, bottomless pit of neediness he really is. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Chuck is and always has been a selfish, soulless jerk, something Wendy has been aware of for their entire marriage and has put up with AND enabled it. He didn’t even consider how this would affect his kids forever after. It’s all about Chuck. Maybe it will take public humiliation for Wendy to finally see Chuck for the creepy, bottomless pit of neediness he really is. 

She says she’s done.  I would have been done after he stole my patient records but...

• Love 6
13 hours ago, edhopper said:

I didn't get the whole premise of the episode. If you are long natural gas, you want refineries to blow up, price will jump on supply scaricity. Maybe he was short. 

• Useful 1

I admit I was only paying moderate attention to parts of this ep, but at the beginning it was 4:30 a.m. and some guys were doing something to cars.  What was that about?  Was it related to the natural gas problem?

How long after Chuck announced he was “chomping at the bit” to be AG did he make his Big Announcement? I thought it was very shortly after he announced, but then the elction was only 30 days later, which seems like too short a window — Overton or other. 

1 hour ago, MBayGal said:

I admit I was only paying moderate attention to parts of this ep, but at the beginning it was 4:30 a.m. and some guys were doing something to cars.  What was that about?

That was Axe having his guys cause a bunch of parents to have to drop off and pick up their kids from school instead of going to vote. It was in a district heavily favored for his opponent or something like that. Chuck dismissed the idea even though they already did it but not much was talked about it. 

• Useful 1
(edited)

And those were the guys who was involved in contaminating Ice Juice a couple of seasons ago.

Then one of them was going to fight Connerty when he was actually trying to investigate the case instead of looking for a reason to go after Chuck.

Now that Chuck is NY AG, it'll be good to see them clash more directly.  And I guess Sacker too, since they're both kissing up to Jeffcoat.

Usually when the WH changes hands, the US Attorney would be a political appointee, not a promotion of someone who worked for the previous US Attorney who had been ousted.

You'd think Chuck would want revenge on Connerty and Dake, not to mention Jeffcoat.

Edited by scrb
23 hours ago, Eyes High said:

There's a big difference between private kink practiced with one's wife (which is not exactly true in Chuck's case since he used a professional domme as well, but was all Chuck admitted to) and an extramarital affair. The latter is still a big deal (although less so than it would have been years ago, I think), the former is downright wholesome as far as political sex scandals go, especially in a cynical age where a lot of people assume as a matter of course that politicians cheat on their partners. BDSM is a lot more mainstream these days than it once was as well, and even the most pearlclutching of evangelicals don't get all that fussed about heterosexual sex stuff as long as it takes place within the confines of marriage.

Also, authenticity, or at least the appearance of it, is a huge plus these days. While he wasn't a politician, Jeff Bezos got a lot of respect after publishing the AMI extortion attempt along with a detailed description of the racy, embarrassing photos AMI was threatening to publish. The reason that he was being extorted was that he was having an affair, but he got a great deal of praise for coming clean and refusing to be intimidated by blackmailers. I'm guessing Chuck got a similar boost.

I think Taylor knows that Mafee is trying to be respectful, in his own sweet and clueless way, and appreciates the effort. I love their relationship.

Lewis is a very attractive man who manages to make the hoodies and old T-shirts Axe wears look like haute couture, but someone pointed out Damian Lewis' small mouth, and now I can't unsee it.

Right? It’s so tiny. Why does it irk me so much? It shouldn’t, but it does. I can’t take him seriously because of that ridiculous, tiny mouth.

Damian Lewis is a ButHisFace.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:39 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Axe's new girlfriend is savage. He better hope she never turns on him. I think she's a much better partner for him than Lara ever was. No long past history of expectations. 

I'm convinced she's in with the Russian and played a role in crashing Axe's network.  I'm not convinced we've seen the last of Malkovich.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 4/9/2019 at 1:01 PM, eyelash said:

I'm convinced she's in with the Russian and played a role in crashing Axe's network.  I'm not convinced we've seen the last of Malkovich.

Yeah. When Axe and Wag were talking about someone with a meeting there must have done the plant, I thought of her. Then when she visited the offices, she left them to go get some ice, alone.  She's still doing things there - Axe thinks he's won her over with his brilliance and charm, and she's playing along, while up to something.

Edited by Pat Hoolihan
  • Love 4
On 4/8/2019 at 8:26 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

I honestly can't see how Wendy can ever forgive him.  In one action, he's told her that neither she, nor their kids matter.  I mean, I know she was able to get past the huge breach of trust when Chuck stole her notes from her session with Axe, but this feels like something much, much worse.  He's held her out for public ridicule in service of himself.  That's unforgivable.   

• Love 6

One of the things I continue to find fascinating is that the show didn’t make Chuck a traditionally handsome man.  If this was a romantic comedy a whole wing would be complaining about the trope of ugly man with hot chick.  However the show also made Chuck a legit asshole.  At least in a certain brand of romantic comedy the ugly guy is the nice guy alternative to the hot dude with zero personality.  Here I have always been fascinated in what Wendy ever even saw in Chuck.  

At least Axe has some traditional good looks on his side.  Plus he has the personality that Chuck just lacks.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

Here I have always been fascinated in what Wendy ever even saw in Chuck.  

I’ve been thinking about the very same thing since the first season. Chuck has zero redeeming qualities, refuses to get out from under his father’s thumb and is a complete jerk when it comes to caring about anyone other than himself. Wendy is written as someone who is savvy and can see through people. Why the blind spot with Chuck? He is a slimeball.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’ve been thinking about the very same thing since the first season. Chuck has zero redeeming qualities, refuses to get out from under his father’s thumb and is a complete jerk when it comes to caring about anyone other than himself. Wendy is written as someone who is savvy and can see through people. Why the blind spot with Chuck? He is a slimeball.

After I wrote my posts o thought it might actually be their sexuality that brought them together in the first place.   Wendy likes to dominate and Chuck likes to be dominated.  As time went on their sexual habits got hard coded into their marriage.  Wendy was happy with it being behind closed doors just between them.  Chuck chafed at being blackmailed.  

On 4/8/2019 at 9:04 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Are we supposed to think Axe’s new F with B is attractive? 

I find her believable.  IMO He is mostly attracted to her savy and her shark bite.  I think she is similar enough to his wife to believe he has "a type."  

• Useful 1

I call shenanigans on how Grigor's been written off the show. He's not the type to go quietly. Yes he got his money back, but it's still a major disruption in his life and business, and after this it would just be about bloody revenge. This is a guy who would go after Axe's family. Bobby's threats rang hollow. And even if they weren't, even if Bobby was ruthless enough to be a literal killer, the Russian mob does not shy away from Pyrrhic victories.

I understand that the writers needed to get themselves out of a corner with a story line that should have never been started, but Grigor willing to turn around and walk away after humiliation? It just wasn't in character.

Speaking of character, since when did Wendy become a mini-Wags? Is she still the corporate shrink? Because after public displays like the ones she's been demonstrating lately, I would certainly not feel safe going to her with my issues.

• Love 3

I wouldn't be surprised if they bring Grigor back or maybe Bobby or Chuck has to go to some country where they operate.

That's assuming Malkovich decides to come back if it's a future season instead of some time during this season.

On 4/8/2019 at 9:20 AM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Taylor would refer to themself as I.  Mafee should have said boss person or just boss instead of boss people.  

I have never found Damian Lewis hot but I accept that I am supposed to.  This kind of thing happens to me often. 

His head is too big for his shoulders. Also makes his arms look puny. I realize that it's more realistic this way but he would look better in a suit, would make his shoulders look less narrow. 

His face also does nothing for me but this thing I find just distracting.

I also don't get what Wendy is so embarrassed about. I can see how it could hurt Chuck, because he's a politician and needs to appeal to broad demo, but that a woman does some kinky stuff with her husband wouldn't shock anyone I know, and I live in much more conservative country than NY part of America. Some people around me openly discuss their kinks and it receives a chuckle at worst. BDSM is very mainstream nowadays. 

• Love 1
On 4/13/2019 at 9:02 PM, Starchild said:

I call shenanigans on how Grigor's been written off the show. He's not the type to go quietly. Yes he got his money back, but it's still a major disruption in his life and business, and after this it would just be about bloody revenge. This is a guy who would go after Axe's family. Bobby's threats rang hollow. And even if they weren't, even if Bobby was ruthless enough to be a literal killer, the Russian mob does not shy away from Pyrrhic victories.

I know I'm very late to the party, but I just need to comment how laughable that "exit" was. Grigor doesn't have to be in the country to have Axe, Chuck, and their families murdered. If they thought he was dangerous before, wait until he's really pissed off. A guy like that doesn't just let people who he thinks are less important than him push him around.

• Love 1