Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: Not a Good Day LA

• Start Topic

I agree also that the children's bedrooms at Shannon's home? Looked like very sterile hotel rooms, one flat white pillow, one white sheet....no color anywhere....looked very uncomfortable! I don't think they actually live there, or else they have rooms elsewhere we don't see?.

Yeah, that was weird. Giant heavy wooden headboards, a single flat pillow, and one light sheet? Isn't it supposed to be winter? And the girl in the twin bed with the purple cover wasn't any more homey looking -- it still looked like some awkward, temporary guest space with the weird extra blanket no one usually uses.

When they showed the secret tea room, wasn't access to it through a cute kid room?

• Love 1

In my head, Heather shared with Terry the gossip about Shannon's marriage and that old hen (Terry) was the one who went out and spread the gossip.  I have absolutely no basis for saying this other than it seems like something he would do, and because it makes me laugh to think about it.  And, wasn't there a preview of Terry calling David some stupid name?  To continue my fictional assessment, it's because David confronts Terry.  

I want this to be true.  C'mon show.  Make it happen,

Yes I too can picture that famewhore wanna be a ho-wife Terry, spreading the news. Another poster upthread also thought Terry might be the busy bee.

And yes you are right about the sneaky peak we saw with Terry throwing down with David and calling him GASP....................a penis.

Shannon is all kinds of irritated with Tamra in her blog. She doesn't like the fact that she repeated the gossip about her marriage, doesn't like that she lied about it, and is sick of the talk about her drinking too much.  This is an interesting turn of events.

When Shannon was on WWHL Andy asked her how she felt about Heather's imitation of her and she didn't know what he was talking about.  I got the feeling that she didn't know that she was the one Heather was impersonating.  I bet now she is probably livid with Tamra for laughing and telling Heather that she was spot on.

I agree overall; however, isn't it Lizzie that rips into Tamra and sends her barefoot and screeching into the night in an upcoming episode?

I'm bored with Lizzie now but I might want to host a parade in her honor when THAT episode finally airs.  Until then, I'm patiently drumming my fingers during all of her scenes and anticipating future events.

Anybody who can reduce Tasmanian Tamra to the shrieking she-beast running barefoot through the night is probably going to become my new Housewives Heroine.

With the tricky editing they use on these shows, I'm not convinced that it's Lizzie's comment that sends Tamra running and screaming like her hair is on fire.  I can't imagine that she's that invested in Lizzie to let her get to her like that.  I'm guessing that it's something Vicki says because in the very next split second snippet they show Vicki crying and saying, "Now I'll never get her back.", or something like that.  But then, those could be tears for Brianna.  I still think Tamra is reacting to something either Vicki or Heather says since they are her closest friends.  You just never know with these previews.  They're almost never what you think they will be.

• Love 1
(edited)

Saw some of the previous eppy on Bravo, my jaw dropped when I heard this.

Might not be the exact words. 

"When you're happy, you have boys. When not happy, you have girls."

:camera swings over to one of the daughters:

Dear David, YOU ARE AN ASS!

Watching a marriage collapse before your eyes, not a pretty sight.

Tamra is an annoying shrew, that seems to look for or create drama.

Edited by MrsRafaelBarba
  • Love 1

Heather does this wall-eyed horse thing when she's excited that drives me absolutley bonkers.

Watching Shannon and David's marriage crumble is not fun to watch and is definately not fun to follow.

I'm so done with this show thinking its audience are all morons. TWO episodes devoted to one of the stupidest arguements in Housewives history. No one, no one thinks Heather had any control over that Good Day LA segment.

More unbelievable banter: "Who's on the show today?"  "Have you talked to Heather yet?" "This is how you introduce ME?"

Tamra is a cancer to this show and we're at stage IV. I think I'm done.

I will side step from the Tamra/Heather/Shannon drama for now (great comments, by the way!!) I am going to sound old school, because I am, especially about moms staying home to raise their kids when the kids are under 5....Lizzie needs to make her mind, she has 2 sweet and healthy little boys who will not be little forever...she needs to stop it with the 'I'm not fulfilled' crap talk, if she's not fulfilled being home with them now, why on earth does she think she might want another one?  She will have plenty of time to 'get fulfilled' when her kids are in school, she needs to be there for them NOW,when they need her the most!!!  She is coming across like the typical cliche air-headed beauty pageant queen when she talks as if bringing another life into this world is like deciding what to have for dinner.....

I'm not really understanding Lizzie either on the children issue. She has complained about being home with her kids or having a quiet family dinner. She complained about the weight she gains when pregnant and that her Mother won't be there take care of the baby. So if you are already feeling like you're not fulfilled and concerned with your looks, then why have a third? Just because three kids runs in your family? I wonder about her marriage to Christian. I think if she comes back next season the cracks will become wider.

• Love 1

Should be Working:  you really don't know any of this to be true.  My perception was the Shannon came unannounced, started bitching at Heather in her "rented mansion while we build one that's bigger than your mansion" and Heather had enough and told her to leave. 

I'm in the minority here, but I love Heather, I love Terry, I love their over the top homes, cars, EVERYTHING about them.  I'd watch the news if I wanted reality in my reality TV.

So much for addressing the situation as soon as it happens.  I find it hard to believe it was an out and out surprise.  Film crews have to arrive and set up.  Although as an actress Heather could certainly pull of a surprise face.

I don't love Heather or Terry but I do like looking at their "things".

If any of you with little ones watch Disney Jr, Lizzie bears a striking resemblance to Genevieve from Choo Choo soul. Google it ;-)

I think Lizzie looks like she could be the long lost daughter Sofia Loren gave up for adoption, if there was one.  Her eyes and mouth make her look like she could be in her family.

I'm not a David fan (Well a little bit, because I could tell from his accent he was a fellow native Michigander and he acknowledged that last night) he has his faults yada yada... but daaaayum Shannon just doesn't let up on him for one second.  She's always whining she doesn't feel loved by him, but yet refuses to give any (love) out.   I don't relish watching a marriage crumble but she could pitch in and stop whining.   It seems to me like she worries more about her image than her marriage.

I swear you could take out Shannon's and David's names and insert Vicki's and Donn's in this whole paragraph (except the part about being a Michigander) and you would have a post from 2 seasons ago about their failing marriage.

• Love 3

. I mean, you're on the man's ass about a GLASS OF WATER. I'd want to move out too! 

Maybe Shannon could buy a $50 mini fridge to keep next to David's sterile bed so the water is COLD in the middle of the night. Of course then he'd probably go to bed at 8:15 instead of 8:30 and they'd lose out on those 15 minutes of quality time together talking about whether or not his water is tepid.

• Love 2

I loved Tams talking head about divorce, "It's the most horrible (pause 2,3,4) feeling...."

You could see her feral rodent brain searching for what's that word that people have about stuff, no, not stuff but people, oh yeah, feelings!

• Love 8
(edited)

I can't wait for the 'penis' moment.  Way to go Doctor.  I'll be making an appointment with you right after I sign up for Cut and after I buy insurance from Coto then finally, after I take my dog's ashes to have diamonds made with them, then I'll go buy Vicki's two buck chuck and celebrate.  

But, does anyone else raise their eyebrows really overly dramatic and when Heather does the high eyebrow motions?  I catch myself.  It's the funniest thing.  I'm watching Heather and my eyebrows go up and I can feel the stress in my non botoxed forehead.  Gives me a fucking headache.  She's exhausting.

I was thinking, Shannon either needs a good lay or a hit {a smoke}.   Now, rewatching, I'm thinking both.  Intimacy, love, makes everything better.  But good lord woman, even I know when the best time is with Mr.Lablover.  ;)  Figure it out and soften your heart and be loving and give him some loving attention.  Um, they kind of have something in common with *cough* Heather!  But her husband gets to look at boobs, etc. all day.  Mine gets to fight in family court all day.  At least when he walks in the door I don't bitch at his water in a cup and he can give my daughter all the cookies he wants.  He's paying for them.  These rich people just love being with each other to be bigger and better.  Where's the love?  Really?  It was hard to watch Shannon's daughter say "you're never happy."

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 8

I really want to like Lizzie, but to me she looks like a drag queen. In the movie To Wong Fu, there was a drag queen who looked exactly like Lizzie.

All these women are backstabbing shrews, some being worse than others.

(edited)

Okaaay, so Heather has "friends from all walks of life?  She really thinks anyone believes that?  Yeah, is she gonna invite these "friends from all walks of life" to her new house?

Scoobie, this reminds me of a certain mother of a certain USC QB who told us how she was a sort of 'big mother' for some girls from South Central LA.   Giving back and all that, mentoring she called it.... I listened how she said how much it meant to those girls that she brought them back to her Newport Beach home to go swimming.  Then she continued to say she took them to her community pool, rather than let them come into her own home which had the most beautiful pool which we were standing around.   Unbelievable.  Were we suppose to ooooh and aw?  She was mentoring, but they weren't good enough to step foot into her Newport Beach home, let only one step in their precious pool. 

Ya, I'm sure Heather invites these "friends from all walks of life" - to even walk into her underground garage, unless they were cleaning it.

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 2
(edited)

I posted up above that I noticed she had work done.  I noticed.

Shannon, dear, I'm a rager too.  Mr.Lablover is not.  That's what I love about him.  He lets me be a rager while he gets some sleep to go back and rage with stoopid housewives of the OC or ,more stoopid husbands in divorce court.  People DO fight over the stupidest things.  Me, I would want the dog, he can have our teen.  Good lord.  Teens.  ;)   Give and take.  But July 4th is coming up, Mr. Lablover rallies :)  LOL 

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 2
(edited)

From the first moment Shannon and David were introduced to us, I have felt that he was completely detached, disconnected, disinterested, disengaged, all of that.  I think that, mentally -- and maybe physically, too -- David checked out of that marriage long before the cameras began rolling.  He seemed to barely be tolerating any of it.  The first time I really looked at his face or demeanor I thought, "Oh, he must be cheating.  He is not even remotely interested in his wife."   You can tell the difference between the way the other husbands interact with their wives and the way David interacts with Shannon.  He doesn't appear to even want to be friendly to his wife.   And yet...he sure lit up (and actually smiled!) when an attractive woman was standing next to him at Terry and Heather's western-themed party!

Shannon seems like she could be a high maintenance handful -- and I'm sure there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that we don't see -- but I think she is a decent person, deep down, and deserves a better guy than David.  He just seems...sleazy.

I tend to think that Shannon probably knew her marriage was careening downhill, and maybe in a desperate attempt to somehow "save" it she convinced David to appear on the show with her.  He probably dreaded it, but felt pressured to go along with it.

I don't even know what to say about Tamra.   I used to like her -- several seasons ago -- but she is getting tiresome because it seems like she needs drama to thrive.  I realize a lot of that is probably instigated by the people behind the scenes of the show, but still... She is not doing herself any favors with the way she is acting.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 3

Is it just me, or did Shannon get new teeth?  I watched the clip from her appearance on  Watch What Happens Live  and her teeth look quite different.  As in, not great.  Anyone else notice this?

Yes she looked like she had upper dentures that were too big. Kinda reminded me of those ads with the dogs with dentures. She looked better before.

• Love 1

Heather is like the little girl who was always the wealthiest one in her class.  Very pampered by mom and dad and raised to think she was Special!  I don't think anything truly bad has ever happened to her in her life and she's been privileged to breeze through every year feeling like the Best of the Bunch among her friends.  When Shannon was added to the cast it threw her off kilter because here was someone the girls (she was trying very hard to cultivate as her BFF's) liked instantly AND someone who possibly had more money than Heather has.  She must be taken out.  At least that's the vibe I always got when I saw Heather around Shannon.  She's always been picky with Shannon where she gives Vicky and Tamara a pass.  She makes a big deal over everything Shannon does, such as ''She was yelling at me and waving her hands around allllll the way from the bathroom door to the table!!!"  When the tape clearly shows Shannon didn't say anything until she got back to the table.  Something about Heather I still like, I guess it's the spoiled, can't help herself, little girl inside there.  But I also like Shannon and find myself rooting for her in the battle between the two women.

• Love 5
(edited)

Yah Sherry67.  But I do think Tamra is doing Simon a huge favor.  Giving him footage as exhibits for his motions to keep his kids off TV.  Including messsage board comments.  I can just imagine, "Respondent feels that her kids would benefit from the exposure."  "Petitioner, attaches  Exhibit 1 through 20,216 on the reasons to keep them off.  Exhibit One, bathroom scene.....exhibit 20,216 her FB responses."  Sorry, but that really happens in custody battles.  Not to mention all the texts between her and her daughter.  Custody battles are ugly.  You can't give any ammunition.  Tamra is giving lots of ammunition.  That one time you got naked wasted will be included in a declaration to the court.  I feel bad for her YOUNG kids.  It's bad enough if my daughter hears me telling my mom she was a pain in my ass today.  I couldn't imagine putting it on national TV.  (This site isn't national TV is it...if it is, I meant pain in my side ;)  Oh, and I love her, just in case this is used as an exhibit  :)  )

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 2

I guess I should feel bad for Sharron because divorce sucks, but she makes it so fucking hard. She started a fight about a glass of water? She got mad at David when he suggested getting rid of the kids new age massage? After she complained they didn't have enough time together? She's mad that David goes to bed early because she likes to stay up late? Even though he has a work schedule and she doesn't? And then when he husband emailed her about leaving she went to another hypochondriac appointment? I just can't with her. She seems like such a spoiled, vapid, bored, rich housewife who invents problems so she has something to think about. I don't think she's lonely just because her marriage is crap. I think she's also lonely because she doesn't have to do shit all day. She feels neglected because she expects to be entertained 16 hours a day. Grow up. Get a job or get a masters degree or something. Just take responsibility for doing something with your day instead of sitting on your ass expecting your hen pecked husband to make you feel important! Seriously, grow the fuck up.

• Love 15

If any of you with little ones watch Disney Jr, Lizzie bears a striking resemblance to Genevieve from Choo Choo soul. Google it ;-)

Yes yes! I see this, cant see the original post but totally agree.

(edited)

For sure! That made me cringe. Veiled brag alert.

She's gotten ridiculous. She's one of those awful people who is juuuust cagey enough to insult the shit out of you, but being so slippery that it's hard to parrot back to her how she is being a bitch, without looking like a child yourself. You KNOW she's insulting, but it's hard to put your finger on how. Ugh. A soul sucker.

Yup.  The technical term is "humble brag."  She and Terry are masters of the humble brag as well as the pretentious brag.

That's the thing.  Heather is grandiose, narcissistic, and pretentious.  She's defiantly non-apologetic, even when she's outright rude and unprofessional (as she was on Good Day L.A.).  She makes up excuses for her rudeness, but I think she ends up believing them.  So she's lying when she denies acting frosty, but she believes the lie.  And she turns on the hostility level to simmer when she senses someone's about to call her on her bad behavior.  People feel the simmering hostile vibe, and they get scared and usually back off.

So when Vicki and Tamra tell Heather she makes them feel less than, they're right.  But they're also scared of telling her she's pretentious, so instead they characterize it as "I feel less than around you."  This gives Heather the chance to say, well, that's your problem, you're self-conscious.

And the thing is, Vicki and Tamra are, indeed, more white trashy than Heather and they're self-conscious about it.  So Heather's right... in part.  But Heather is also one self-contained pretentious bitch.  So Vicki and Tamra are right, too.

On another note, poor Shannon.  My God.  

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 7
(edited)

You are remembering it quite well Booger. Tamra has said this in the past. I fully expect her to once again blame her shitty childhood for the fact that she struggles with issues of trust, and therefore cannot ever really get close to anyone or maintain friendships. I found Heathers phraseology last night interesting when talking about their friendship. She said "Tamra and I have been very good friends to each other". Generally you hear someone throw out that they have been a good friend, but Heather seemed careful to set straight that this friendship had worked both ways. From looking at social media and such, it certainly appears that these gals have a real friendship; yet Tamra is still not trusting. Poor Eddie.

I didn't take this (i.e. the quote, that they "had been good friends to each other") to mean they had been real-world friends.  "Good friends to each other," in reality show terms, means they were allies.  There's something unique about using that phrase that strikes me as not what I'd say about a real friend.  In reality show terms, it just means they were fighting on the same team and had avoided lobbing bombs at each other.  that's pretty valuable for two fragile egos on a reality show, and clearly they're grateful for the most-favored nation status.  But it's not the same as being good friends in real life, where you'd just say "we've been good friends"  and leave out the "to each other" part.  

Correct.  According to her TH, David said in his email that he should move out for awhile.  Didn't she then say in one of her THs that "divorce is not an option"?  So Shannon's the one who brought up the big D word.  Granted, we have no idea of what was being said in private conversations between her and David.  He very well could have said he wanted a divorce.  We don't see everything.  We certainly didn't see the argument that lead to David's email.

but she said it during her TH (taped much later and outside Tamra's presence), not to Tamra.  

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 1

I guess I should feel bad for Sharron because divorce sucks, but she makes it so fucking hard. She started a fight about a glass of water? She got mad at David when he suggested getting rid of the kids new age massage? After she complained they didn't have enough time together? She's mad that David goes to bed early because she likes to stay up late? Even though he has a work schedule and she doesn't? And then when he husband emailed her about leaving she went to another hypochondriac appointment? I just can't with her. She seems like such a spoiled, vapid, bored, rich housewife who invents problems so she has something to think about. I don't think she's lonely just because her marriage is crap. I think she's also lonely because she doesn't have to do shit all day. She feels neglected because she expects to be entertained 16 hours a day. Grow up. Get a job or get a masters degree or something. Just take responsibility for doing something with your day instead of sitting on your ass expecting your hen pecked husband to make you feel important! Seriously, grow the fuck up.

I agree with this wholeheartedly!  I can see Shannon saying, "God David!  Must you breathe in and out all day long?!" 

• Love 6

I just can't with Shannon or Kristen, or any of the ho'wives that come onto these shows at this point in their existence and show the world their marital woes. It was one thing back when they first popped up in popular culture and the folks involved were just trying to navigate their way through the drama, possibly not understanding how they might be portrayed. Unless you live under a rock these newer folks should get it now. They just come across as even bigger fame whores than the rest of them, especially in the case of Shannon, who seems to have made her crappy marriage the main plot of her story. 

Other folks have pointed out that these shows can be crappy for troubled marriages in general, but I also think there are good examples of folks who seem to be smart enough to keep this side of their personal lives at least a little private. I have my issues with Lisa, but I am sure she and Ken have had serious disagreements over the years, yet they don't feel the need to flaunt it (if Ken really had the issues with Cedric that he claimed to have, there would have been a few arguments over this). I would imagine that things are not always rosy with Kyle and Mauricio, especially with the rumors from last year, yet they seem to wait until the cameras are not rolling to have it out with each other. Even the stupid Ramona has been smart enough at this point to not let any real cracks show. There are many more examples of other gals who don't go there with their marriages. I know other folks like Shannon because she seems so real, but I cannot forget that these folks have young kids who are already living this "real" stuff at home every day and surely shouldn't have to live it on TV. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Correct.  According to her TH, David said in his email that he should move out for awhile.  Didn't she then say in one of her THs that "divorce is not an option"?  So Shannon's the one who brought up the big D word.  Granted, we have no idea of what was being said in private conversations between her and David.  He very well could have said he wanted a divorce.  We don't see everything.  We certainly didn't see the argument that lead to David's email.

but she said it during her TH (taped much later and outside Tamra's presence), not to Tamra. 

Edited by OhGromit, Today. 1:01 am.

Shannon's mind went to divorce when she heard "move out for awhile." as whose wouldn't?  That is a phrase like "I think we should cool it" that is a prelude to a permanent break.  It makes sense to me that when she communicated her fears she communicated a fear of divorce.  That is what she fears.  Even if she can parse it as a temporary break for the present.  So Tamra, while a liar in general, was correct about Shannon's anxieties.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 2
(edited)

It makes sense to me that when she communicated her fears she communicated a fear of divorce.

I'm surprised that she was stunned by his email. What did she expect after harping on him time and time again?  I'm sure there's blame on both of them for certain issues in the marriage, but damn, the constant criticizing by her makes me cringe!  I've always felt that David feels like a third wheel in the house.  Maybe Shannon should take his advice and slow down on all the unnecessary things she does for the girls and spend a little more time with him.  They're going to have to find a way to make some time just for the 2 of them.  Their marriage should come first, then the kids.

For what it's worth, I like Lizzie.  She's a breath of fresh air on the show.  I hope she doesn't sink to the level of some of these women though.  Stay strong Lizzie and don't take any shit from them!

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 1

Sure, Heather is condescending but I still like her.  Her wit and brain can run circles around most of the other ladies.

I agree.  Heather is my favorite HW this season.   I gravitate toward anyone who doesn't screech, doesn't ruin someone's party by bringing up controversial/inappropriate topics, discusses problems rather than burying them, and who makes me laugh. 

I love her eyes as well.  At least she doesn't have the scary eye stare that Romona Singer of TRHoNY had as she walked the runway.  I'm having difficulty C&Ping web addresses, so Google the youtube video of Romona's runway walk for a laugh that will end in tears.  Classic HW moment. 

Sure, Heather has problems...ie. acting pissy at "Good Day LA" with Tamra.  Heather should have called Tamra the day before to set up a brief meeting with her before the show.  The "I didn't see you" excuses are BS.  They were both trying their hardest to avoid each other, and both need to grow up!

She's the best of the bunch IMO.

• Love 5

Given how awful Shannon is on camera with David at home, I can totally see him emailing her to say that he would prefer to live elsewhere while filming is going on.  I think she's using their already dead marriage as fodder for the show and he probably can't with that.  I'm biased because I really, really don't care for her.  

I'm totally on board with David when he points out the absurdity of holistic massages, at home!, for their children.  Orange County bubble is right. 

I wonder if she put her daughters to bed in a couple of their emptier guest bedrooms for whatever reason.  Maybe she didn't want the children's bedrooms on camera.  I'm sure The Ancestral Manse has plenty of enormous, kinda vacant rooms. 

And, no, the competition is definitely not stiff.  These are some really vapid, not too bright ladies.

• Love 3
(edited)

It's obvious Tamra is fighting to stay on the show.  She really doesn't have a storyline and she doesn't fit into the OC lifestyle.  She has long over stay her welcome and I hope she will be fired like Jill Zarin.  Tamra is just rotten to the core.  I don't know how Simon lasted so long with her.

No, ifs, buts about it.  I am clearly on TEAM DAVID.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 2

I agree with all of this

Maybe Heather is wrong to repeat the gossip about Shannon and her marriage but I blame Tamra moreso.  Shannon told Tamra something in confidence and I don't believe for one Botoxed moment that Tamra was sharing the info with Heather out of the goodness of her oh-so-black heart in hopes that Heather and Shannon would make up.  I think Tamra is a nasty shit stirrer and she couldn't wait to share someone else's misfortune. 

And she is a dumb bitch extraordinnaire to tell Heather on film and then deny it to Shannon.  Heather never denied saying what she did to Teefs and apologized.

Sure, Heather is condescending but I still like her.  Her wit and brain can run circles around most of the other ladies.

Briana - - I don't care.  Take your jackhole husband and get yourself to OK.  Please.  (Sorry to any OK residents out there)

• Love 2

I agree that Tamra is more at fault than Heather on the gossip thing. First of all, Tamra has betrayed Shannon is the worst way. Not only did she share personal information with a third party, she shared it with a third party that Shannon clearly hates.  I personally would never forgive a friend for telling someone I disliked ANYTHING personal about me without my express permission (which they would never have). 

Also, although I confess that I am seeing that Heather must have really pissed off someone at BRAVO as she is getting the "bitch" edit this year, and yes, she can be a bit much, she is still the only one I would even consider actually spending any time with in real life. I have other rich OC  friends, so that part doesn't really bother me. The truth is there are some areas of OC, and Newport is definitely one of them, where what you have, and what you are acquiring is considered normal conversation. I will say though, that none of my rich friends have ever treated me badly or commented on my less than rich lifestyle.   At least she could hold her own in an intelligent conversation which is more than I can say for the others. Lizzie might be smart, she claims to be, but I already find her so boring I know I wouldn't want ot hang with her. 

However, although I dissed Lizzie earlier an excellent point was made. If she is responsible for sending Tamra running from the room in tears, then I will watch every scene she is in, for fear of missing that season highlight.

For that alone she just may be my new favorite. 

• Love 2

In this feud between Shannon and Heather I'm Team Shannon.  Shannon hasn't acted perfectly (last week's episode being a prime example) but Heather has behaved far worse in my opinion.

I am not seeing at all anything that Shannon has done wrong.  really - even the chair thing I feel she was in the right.  I think heather is totally out of line on this.  I mean I will see what happens next week but clearly heather and Shannon do not get along so Heather should in no way be discussing Shannon or her marriage problems.  Just butt out Heather!  If you don't like Shannon and she is so not in your world then why are you talking about her to your friends?

I think Tamra was awful, and it's not suprising.  But seriously, I do see how Heather is on this high horse with everyone even the people she thinks are "friends". The thing with the TV show and not talking to each other before was crazy.  Heather should have at least popped in to say hello.  Heather really thinks she is superior.  "Well I COULD have given them a few pearls of my wisdon, but they did not call me, so oh well". Here I am, Heahter, up on my Mountaintop, with my professional wisdom which I may or may not impart on you, if only you can guess the secret combination to unlocking it, and by kissing up to me enough.  Whatever!

Vicki - ugh.  I don't like the new face Vicki.  She thinks she is funny and sassy barking at people like "come on open up the box", but it's really so annoying.  I am happy for Brianna.  She does seem like a natural "Mom of Boys". 

(edited)

All of This! 

I will make one additional comment. If David does not already have a significant other on the side, I will spend an evening out with Vicki, Tamra

Lizzie and Shannon.  Since I would prefer a root canal, without anesthesia, to that you can tell I am convinced.   

PS I was going to say bimbo on the side, but I recall some on TwoP thought David might be playing for the home team. I personally don't get the gay vibe from him (Eddie, Oh Yeah, David, no), but just in case I thought I would keep the bet gender neutral.  

Edited by chlban

Of course no one ever knows what is going on in a marriage, but I think Kyle/Mauricio, Ken/Lisa and even Heather/Terry have fundamentally sound *normal* marriages.

Conversely, it was pretty apparent that Don/Vicky, Tamra/Simon and Adrienne/Paul had marriages that were on life support because spouses who actually care about each other don't interact in that manner consistently. 

i don't know why Shannon chose to exhibit her dissolving marriage but god bless her for doing so since it seems to be one of the few authentic things going on in this show. Of course, I find it ridiculous that she would become riled because Tamra spoke about the marriage to Heather - when the whole thing is being shown on television but I also found Eddie's wanting to keep a conversation Tamra had on camera private to be equally ludicrous.

I also found the bedrooms of Shannon's girls to be bizarre. I don't know anyone who has their children sleep in a bed with one pillow and white sheets. You don't have to decorate a bedroom in zebra and hot pink but it looked as if the kids were being tucked into vacant rooms where a bed had been temporarily placed.

I will give Heather a pass on her saying she interacts with people from all walks of life. Heather was not born into extreme wealth and so she grew up interacting with people who aren't as wealthy as she is now. I would assume that she has acquaintances/friends who aren't as wealthy as she - most people aren't. Does that mean she regularly entertains people who work at Walmart - probably not because the people she comes into contact with are going to be at least middle class. I am sure there are people at her synagogue who are less wealthy than she who are in her "social circle" for example. However, I really don't think that she would not be friendly with someone based on their wealth. 

• Love 3

I'm way late to this conversation so much of my thoughts have already been said by others.  However,

My problem with Tamra telling Heather about Shannon & David's marital problems is that Tamra had just cried about Eddie not liking their personal bidness talked about, then she tells Heather about Shannon & David.  Heather is wrong if she babbled (probably to gossip Terry) but Tamra is way more wrong for even mentioning it.  It wasn't her bidness to tell.

David probably goes to sleep at 8:30 to get away from Shannon.  Seriously.

I did not care about Brianna's is it a boy/is it a girl reveal because I already read somewhere that it was a boy long ago. 

I agree with others who state Lizzie is a breath of fresh air with no drama (yet).  I really don't see why they would need help if she had a 3rd child, but then again I don't live in la la land.  I can see her mom helping with the first child because, well it's her first child. But third?  Naw.

• Love 2
I agree with others who state Lizzie is a breath of fresh air with no drama (yet).  I really don't see why they would need help if she had a 3rd child, but then again I don't live in la la land.  I can see her mom helping with the first child because, well it's her first child. But third?  Naw.

I think the "help" is in the form of actual physical care taking of the infant and not the kind of "advice" that one might need when one has their first baby.

I can't fault anyone for wanting physical help with an infant - especially if one already has a child - or two or three. New parents - especially mothers are typically frazzled and exhausted unless they can pay for help - or have a mother willing to act as an unpaid baby nurse :-)

While I don't think that infant/child care has to be performed by the "mother" (except for breast feeding), I do think that there has to be a rational distribution based on the schedules of the spouses. I don't care what kind of crap Lizzie is spewing about her bathing suit business, it does not appear to be a full time job which requires her to be in an office for many hours. She clearly has ample time to lunch; to judge pageants and to film a television show. Therefore she has a flexible enough schedule versus her husband who probably does work at a job that requires him to be away from the house for extended hours and has less flexibility. 

She's gotten ridiculous. She's one of those awful people who is juuuust cagey enough to insult the shit out of you, but being so slippery that it's hard to parrot back to her how she is being a bitch, without looking like a child yourself. You KNOW she's insulting, but it's hard to put your finger on how. Ugh. A soul sucker.

My next-door neighbor is like this. My husband is the one who usually ends up talking to her, but she's really good with the back-handed comment that you can't respond to in the manner she deserves (she's in her 70s). We'll ignore it but it really sticks in the craw. How can you respond to someone who does this without looking like the ass yourself? She's a deaconess in her church and has made the comment "we need to get you going to church" as if we're heathens. She then asked my husband to let her mow over the property line several feet so it will make her yard look bigger (she already has more property than we do). Maybe her church doesn't believe coveting is bad, I don't know. My husband offered to let her mow our entire yard.

This GDLA thing has turned in to another Malibu Country, stop already. None of these women really have much going on to justify the show anymore. Shannon's voice and personality really bug me for some reason. I appreciate her being real, but damn, her poor husband. He may not be the best husband, but you can tell he's responding to however many years of being picked at by his wife.

So Shannon's rant about "it" being on tape is in regards to Tamra lying about telling Heather the gossip about Shannon's marriage?

I don't mind Lizzie so far. She really looks better with less makeup and when her hair is more natural. I'm not missing Gretchen at all, but it would have been interesting to see pageant girl and pageant wannabe interact.

• Love 2

Tamra is a death eater. I really don't have anything more to say about her. It was just be a waste of keystrokes and internet space.

Okaaay, so Heather has "friends from all walks of life?  She really thinks anyone believes that?  Yeah, is she gonna invite these "friends from all walks of life" to her new house?

When she said that I laughed. It just came off to me like "some of my best friends are poors!"

Watching a marriage collapse before your eyes, not a pretty sight.

You can say that again. At least with the prior collapses, like Vicki and Don, it was a slow descent. At the time of introduction, we knew there were problems in the Gunvalson marriage but the relationship didn't initially read as terminal stage 5 upon arrival. With Shannon and Dave, within the first few episodes, their relationship isn't even in terminal stage 5. It is beyond that. I feel like I am watching it in the throes of its final death rattle, gasping out its last breaths. It is terrible to watch and yet I can't look away. One thing I can say is that they are putting back the real in Bravo reality tv.

I'm not a David fan (Well a little bit, because I could tell from his accent he was a fellow native Michigander and he acknowledged that last night) he has his faults yada yada... but daaaayum Shannon just doesn't let up on him for one second. 

I don't think she is being a bitch, just to be a bitch or just a harpy by nature.  She seems like a pleasant and sweet person with some whackadoodle philosophies. Her whole demeanor almost seems to change when she interacts with him. She loses all perspective and humor and goes in on every little minute detail that bothers her about him. My thoughts are that Shannon is making David pay for something he has done in the past.  I just want to know what he did.

• Love 6
(edited)

She's going down the same road Gretchen was, creating drama, fake storylines (baby, really? Didn't she get her tubes tied?) then the audience catches on and Andy gives them the ax.

Maybe this is the reason Tamra was so hell bent on getting Gretchen off the show this season.  Gretchen was going to take her "I want to have a baby" storyline.  I hadn't thought of that until I read your post.  I'm absolutely ecstatic Gretchen and Slade are gone and never felt Tamra ever truly made up with Gretchen but rather used her as a pawn for her own purposes for a storyline but, yeah, one of those things that make you go hmmmmm....

And speaking of things that make you go hmmmm, I'm a bit confused.

1.  Heather claims she has absolutely NO pull with Good Day LA about who their guests are and thus claims innocence about her gym of choice being featured on the show.

2.  Heather almost in the very next breath claims to have done Tamra and Eddie a favor by getting CUnT Fitness a gig on the show.

Well, that's quite the contradiction when you think about it.  She either does or doesn't have a say-so in who the guests are.  Here again, much like with her varying stories of what really happened with the bull riding debacle ("I was drunk," "I don't remember saying that," and "I was just kidding!"), you can't have your champs and drink it, too, Heather.  Pick a story and stick with it.  

I'm going to go with Heather does indeed have pull with suggesting guests for segments.  Presumably wealthy people still like to cut themselves a sweet deal, and Heather probably got a free lifetime membership for touting the gym on Good Day LA.  I can't for one minute envision Heather going to Tamra's gym-in-the-box for a sweat session with the few "regular folk" who attend those classes.  I'm sure her gym is much more elite.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  Hell, I wouldn't go to Tamra's classes, either, but I really wish Heather would just own the fact she promoted her own regular gym instead of handing out 2 stories for the price of 1.

Yes I too can picture that famewhore wanna be a ho-wife Terry, spreading the news. Another poster upthread also thought Terry might be the busy bee.

Terry was also shit-stirrer extraordinaire when he insisted Jim Bellino come to the wrap party (when even Taliban Jim was smart enough to smell the stink of Bravo Setup and abruptly left when Tamra plopped her ass down at the table) and also when he insisted Brooks come to Lydia's salsa dance party and "surprise" Vicki.  

I think Terry is a nasty piece of work.  He's the perfect housewife (and that's NOT a compliment, Terry).  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 3

1.  Heather claims she has absolutely NO pull with Good Day LA about who their guests are and thus claims innocence about her gym of choice being featured on the show.

2.  Heather almost in the very next breath claims to have done Tamra and Eddie a favor by getting CUnT Fitness a gig on the show.

Well, that's quite the contradiction when you think about it.  She either does or doesn't have a say-so in who the guests are.

I think the difference is that she wasn't an extended guest host at the time the other gym came on. Since she was asked this time around to fill in for a longer period, she was given the opportunity to pitch her own ideas. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I think the difference is that she wasn't an extended guest host at the time the other gym came on. Since she was asked this time around to fill in for a longer period, she was given the opportunity to pitch her own ideas.

Could be.  

I think my sticking point is the convenient timing of Good Day LA deciding to highlight Heather's preferred gym during one of her guest host segments.  

I'd almost wager a bet that they solicit all of their guest hosts for ideas on segments.  But I'm a suspicious bitch, especially when it comes to Heather's machinations.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 2

I thought she said that he wrote he wanted to move out "for awhile"? Am I remembering incorrectly?

Yeah, I think you're right about that.

When Vicki told Heather that Tamra sabotages all her relationships I thought she was just parroting what Tamara herself said last season. At least I think it was last season that Tamara was trying to make the drama with Eddie that she has a hard time trusting people and whenever anything good comes into her life she sabotages it. I also think Tamra said something similar to Gretchen to when they were becoming BFFs, that she sabotages things and can't be happy. Does anyone else remember this storyline?

Last season, when Tamra was getting introspective about her anger issues, around the time she she gave that speech and metaphorically threw her mother under the bus.

Okay, this is probably a side issue, but I'm really confused about Brianna's sex reveal (I hate it when people say "gender."  You're not revealing baby's gender, you're revealing their sex.)  According to Vicki, Brianna is due July 11.  This was filmed around the holidays right, or immediately thereafter?  I'm assuming January since Tamra kept referring to Cut fitness' stupid week free ad for the month of January (do any gyms NOT do this in January?)  So she'd only be like, 3 months along.  You don't have the anatomy scan until 20 weeks or later normally.  

I know it's a non-issue, but it's bugging me.

Thank you! It's a major peeve of mine as well.

Tamra is a death eater. I really don't have anything more to say about her. It was just be a waste of keystrokes and internet space.

When she said that I laughed. It just came off to me like "some of my best friends are poors!"

You can say that again. At least with the prior collapses, like Vicki and Don, it was a slow descent. At the time of introduction, we knew there were problems in the Gunvalson marriage but the relationship didn't initially read as terminal stage 5 upon arrival. With Shannon and Dave, within the first few episodes, their relationship isn't even in terminal stage 5. It is beyond that. I feel like I am watching it in the throes of its final death rattle, gasping out its last breaths. It is terrible to watch and yet I can't look away. One thing I can say is that they are putting back the real in Bravo reality tv.

I don't think she is being a bitch, just to be a bitch or just a harpy by nature.  She seems like a pleasant and sweet person with some whackadoodle philosophies. Her whole demeanor almost seems to change when she interacts with him. She loses all perspective and humor and goes in on every little minute detail that bothers her about him. My thoughts are that Shannon is making David pay for something he has done in the past.  I just want to know what he did.

I agree.  I think Shannon's being edited as nuts for a storyline.  I think she's definitely out there as far as the crystals, etc, but something about her relationship with David makes me think he's not an angel and she's having to live with it and it's grating on her nerves so she takes it out on him in a nagging way.  The hoe down party where he was drunkenly egging on Heather to do things on that bull opened my eyes a little to the fact that David is more complicated than we see.  He may push her buttons in all kinds of ways and we're not seeing that.  He may be a constant cheat.  Who knows?  But I honestly think if she was that much of a beotch then we'd be seeing her harping at the women about nit pickie things.  So far I've seen Heather do that, but not Shannon.  She seems pretty laid back with them until pushed.

• Love 4

My next-door neighbor is like this. My husband is the one who usually ends up talking to her, but she's really good with the back-handed comment that you can't respond to in the manner she deserves (she's in her 70s). We'll ignore it but it really sticks in the craw. How can you respond to someone who does this without looking like the ass yourself? She's a deaconess in her church and has made the comment "we need to get you going to church" as if we're heathens. She then asked my husband to let her mow over the property line several feet so it will make her yard look bigger (she already has more property than we do). Maybe her church doesn't believe coveting is bad, I don't know. My husband offered to let her mow our entire yard.

Is your neighbor Hyacinth Bucket?

If David does have a side piece I desperately want it to be Vicki. If they could announce that they're filling each others love tanks at the wrap party I could die a happy woman.

• Love 2

I agree.  I think Shannon's being edited as nuts for a storyline.  I think she's definitely out there as far as the crystals, etc, but something about her relationship with David makes me think he's not an angel and she's having to live with it and it's grating on her nerves so she takes it out on him in a nagging way.  The hoe down party where he was drunkenly egging on Heather to do things on that bull opened my eyes a little to the fact that David is more complicated than we see.  He may push her buttons in all kinds of ways and we're not seeing that.  He may be a constant cheat.  Who knows?  But I honestly think if she was that much of a beotch then we'd be seeing her harping at the women about nit pickie things.  So far I've seen Heather do that, but not Shannon.  She seems pretty laid back with them until pushed.

I could be all wet but it kind of sounded to me as if David's wanting to move out was a suggestion/threat to move out during filming.  Shannon and David seem very uncomfortable when they are filming together.  The kids seem fairly normal so I would guess that the family may be feeling the cameras bring out the worst in them.  Shannon definitely has her nag on and I tend to believe it has more to do with filming than just being utterly clueless.  I am glad she realized what a shrew she came off  as and took steps to correct it.