Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Destinee's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Tonight is a good night to watch this with today being the start of Lent.  I went to a hospital office today and they had a scale in the bathroom.  Lordy, Lordy.  I decided to give up junk food and sweets (which I often do for Lent).  And I figured since I'm going that far, I might as well just get rid of the carbs, too.  Carbs is not part of the Lent thing cuz there's no way I can give them up entirely, but the rest I won't cheat on if I'm doing it in the name of the Lord.  The show is going to be a good re-enforcer.

• Love 8
Just now, fonfereksglen said:

ChayLolaChay was the first.

Chay was transitioning through her update show and it took her awhile to talk about it even though everyone knew. This is the first person on the initial episode to come right out and already be living as a different gender.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Here's another Pablo pic to get us going. Sometimes his eyes were bigger than his stomach (not a problem for the folks on this show, I guess). He weighed 1/100th of the average poundicipant. And now I want to see a Chihuahua version called My 6 Pound Life (where we follow perfectly healthy-weight pups doing adorable pup things, like eating biscuits bigger than their leg).

IMG_1857.JPG

Adorable! My chihuahua wants to be in the show, but he’s closer to 8 lbs. he promises no shower scene and asks for no judgment 😊

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Wanda said:

Chay was transitioning through her update show and it took her awhile to talk about it even though everyone knew. This is the first person on the initial episode to come right out and already be living as a different gender.

Splitting hairs.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Wait, I missed it. Do I really want to know?

It looked like she was cooking it in a pan full of grease.  It definitely wasn't lying flat in a skillet.  

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Mswldflwr said:

Tonight is a good night to watch this with today being the start of Lent.  

My work's cafeteria had a Mardi Gras theme on Tuesday (shrimp po'boys at the grill, a New Orleans muffaletta at the sandwich station, and chicken gumbo for soup). Today's entree was fish, and will be fish on Fridays for the rest of Lent, I'm sure.

I don't do Lent but I could stand to give up a few things...

Edited by ams1001

Hellooooooo fellow Pounders! My eating habit tonight is a vodka martini, hee hee hee.😆

Wow so many checks in the first few minutes:

• Obligatory shower scene, check ✔ 
  • Really awful, insecure home life/backstory check ✔ 
  • Struggling single mom, absentee asshole dad check ✔
  • Death of a loved  (her brother) ✔ check
  • Probably a check or two I missed
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

She's from Pineville, LA, and the half sister's name is Nona?  Did I get the sister's name right?  So the mother had three kids in foster care, and after her 2 or 3 years in prison instead of trying to get custody of her current children, she remarried, and had more kids?   

150 by 9, 229 by 12.    The father was such a jerk.   How sad to have the brother die in her arms.    There is nothing that Desiree or anyone else could have done to stop that blood clot.    

• Love 6
1 minute ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Far be it for me as a cis woman to criticize a person’s reasons or realization for/to transition, but that is a strange reason to transition from male to female. 

What was her reason?  I missed it.  

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, fonfereksglen said:

Splitting hairs.

I simply meant that the minute she started talking I said to myself, “I think she’s a male or was a male” whereas with Chay he WAS a male on his first episode, feminine looking for sure, but we watched as he went through the mental transitioning before the actual physical act in her update episode, while also losing weight. Frankly it was the only thing remotely interesting about her.

Edited by Wanda
Changing gender
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Hellooooooo fellow Pounders! My eating habit tonight is a vodka martini, hee hee hee.😆

Wow so many checks in the first few minutes:

• Obligatory shower scene, check ✔ 
  • Really awful, insecure home life/backstory check ✔ 
  • Struggling single mom, absentee asshole dad check ✔
  • Death of a loved  (her brother) ✔ check
  • Probably a check or two I missed

Laying down and eating. 

Obese enabler. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3