Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03: Sun and Shade in the Bahamas

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, FancyNancy said:
39 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I have no issue with flowers at all (someone once sent me flowers when my beloved cat died and I am still very touched to this day), especially as someone who has some trouble talking right away in person about this kind of thing for a while anyway. With that in mind, I agree--I see no problem with Erica's note; personal notes give someone space to react privately, and they're tangible things that someone took the time and effort to do, even if they aren't excessively wordy and sentimental.

Me personally, I don't send flowers as they die.

I used to send plants until I received a ton of them with my mother's death. I gave them all away save one because I have a black thumb.

Now, I still send a handwritten note like Erica did and also make a donation and send a card from the Arbor Society that trees will planted in a national forest in the loved one's name.

To this day I'm still touched that the town bum shoveled the snow at my grandparent's house so we would have a clear path to the cars when we had my grandfather's funeral. It came from his heart.

What Lisa did to Erica pisses me off.

Edited by Giselle
Sorry, I wrongly quoted you FancyNancy. XOXO
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Lisa could shoot someone in the face and her "fans" would spin it so it was the other persons fault while saint Lisa did no wrong how dare she make her use a gun to kill her ....... 

Oh, sure.

On the other hand, I'm waiting for Dorit's next revision - the one where she says the only reason she gave up the dog was that LVP made her do it. Because, of course, nothing happens on this show that LVP didn't engineer and manipulate someone into doing.

• LOL 8
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, SerenityNow721 said:

I thought some of the conversations were choppy and hard to follow. That feels like viewer manipulation to me and I don’t appreciate it  I stopped watching several reality shows because of that very thing.

If, as she claims, Dorit did nothing wrong, why does she care who knows what happened.  Wasn’t she telling one of the other h-wives about the incident in Ep 1?

If I’m understanding this correctly, LVP’s instructions to John would have been something like “when Kyle and Teddy get here, I’m going to SAY I don’t want to talk about Lucy, but I want you to ignore that and keep talking about it.  No matter how many times I say I don’t want to talk about it and things are cool with Dorit, KEEP talking about it, okay?”  Wow! She really is an evil genius!!

About the card:  it seemed to me that LVP realized that she was being a little irrational and ungrateful and told Erika that and reached across the table to hold Erika’s hand.  Move on...

It’s obvious to anyone paying attention that LVP is completely heartbroken over the loss of her brother and questioning everything, which is pretty typical behavior for suicide survivors.  I don’t understand how friends, acquaintances, and frenemies can’t show compassion to a fellow human that is suffering that level of grief.  Lisa R, I’m especially looking at you. Karma’s a bitch, bitch.  And it’s never a good idea to take pleasure in someone else’s pain.  

Tell that to LVP. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

To me its just a generic thing everyone does without really putting any thought into it

Really?  I couldn't disagree more.  When we had an unexpected death in my family recently, the daughter of a close friend sent me flowers and a truly lovely note - I couldn't have been more touched.  

• Love 13
14 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

I understand totally Lisa V's point to Kyle while they were out on the patio - while arguments and disagreements with family seem so important at the time - when your sibling dies, those things aren't at all important any longer.  I really felt for Lisa in that moment and all Kyle does is look at her blankly.  Kyle probably just took it as criticism (and we all know how well Kyle takes criticism) but I think Lisa just meant it as a revelation having just gone through that experience herself.

Exactly..

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Kyle: "The Thing. Let's talk about it!"
Lisa V: "No, let's not talk about The Thing."
Lisa R: "What's The Thing? Guys? Guys? The Thing, tell me everything."
Lisa V: "Oh, no. Let's drop The Thing."
Kyle: "But The Thing. It's still a Thing, right?"
Lisa R: "TELL MEEEEEE!"

- twenty minutes and two commercial breaks later - 

Lisa R: "The Thing! Let's air out the Thing! Yes, there are other things but c'mon, y'all know I'm here for The Thing."
a different Thing gets aired 
Lisa R, probably: "Well, it wasn't what I thought it would be but... Mooore! THERE'S BLOOD IN THE WATER! FEED THE BEAST!"

- ten minutes and one commercial break later - 

Teddi and Kyle bring up The Original Thing.
Lisa R (and me): *pulls a drag on a smoke, pulls the sheet up* "Yeaaah, that's the shit, baby. That's what Mama needed."

It's official: Lisa Rinna is basically my old landlord's needy-as-fuck Chihuahua that would whine for your attention and then try to take your leg off once you did pay attention to it. I wonder if she also faces corners and then panics, thinking that everyone has abandoned her. (I'm gonna go out on a limb and say yes.)

And Denise Richards was so proud, so fucking proud you guys, so proud that she managed to slip that "bitches" in while talking about a dog. Geddit? Didja geddit? Because, like a female dog? Is a... yeah, the goat that crapped on the yoga mat last week got that one and he's a goat that craps on yoga mats. 

Love it!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

That's how the sausage of reality TV is made.

And we sit here season after season gnawing on that sausage chewing it up, sometimes spitting it out, wiping our mouths on our sleeves and giving our critiques to the chef and other diners here.

Cheers! ;-D

Edited by Giselle
"Our" not "are".
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Kyles blog is up

Please keep in mind that you are watching people you feel like you know because we are sharing what is going on in our lives with you. There will be times when each of us will do things you don’t agree with. But none of the women in this group are horrible people, no matter how much some people may want to believe otherwise. I ask you to watch the season play out and don’t rush to judge. We have only just begun.

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-9/blogs/kyle-richards/kyle-richards-a-misconstrued

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

Honestly, with those fake lips I'm sorta shocked she doesn't have a severe speech impediment. 

Lol !!!!!!!!!!!! Lisa Rhinna is always involved in some shit. She still hates Lisa VP. They are all jealous of Lisa VP, maybe with the exception on Erika, that's the real problem.

EVERY SEASON, here they come with some crap against Lisa.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Oh, film noire. You never disappoint with your posts!  Bravo!  What should've been a light bulb moment for Kyle just fell on deaf ears.  LVP is standing there pouring her heart out to Kyle trying to spare her these terrible feelings she's going through and all we get is a blank stare from Kyle.  LVP stood there looking at her as if thinking "don't you get it?," but it sailed right over Kyle's head.  Sigh.

That’s one interpretation. Another is that LVP was using Kyle’s soft spot - her sisters - in order to hurt, and Kyle struggled not to react.

There are plenty of people who don’t get what LVP meant to do - but this time Kyle isn’t one of them.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, byrd said:

EVERY SEASON, here they come with some crap against Lisa.

Funny... that does happen every season. 

I wonder why?

Be....cause LVP keeps pulling shady shit every season?

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Dorit is in the wrong plain and simple. She got a dog and if the dog didnt work out then bring it back. Dorit didnt want to deal with lvp. Thats why she didnt bring it back. I dont believe the dog bit anyone.

• Love 13
18 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

the only people truly protecting Lucy are the staff of Vanderpump’s rescue and Vanderpump. So, in this moment and in every moment, I’m a fan of those who treat animals with dignity and respect and I am a massive fan of those who engage in the heartbreakingly hard work of rescue. 

Or are they just covering their ass? Why give her a second dog after the first one? I'd be a nope sorry we cant help you.... not here have dog #2 ....... and if the 5k was such a big deal why didn't Lisa demand it the next day when Dorit told her about re homing the dog? Why didn't Lisa demand then that the dog be returned if it was honestly that big of a deal? why not have any kinda problem with it until the dog was found in a shelter? Lisa knew before the dog was found in a shelter that the dog had been rehomed and had zero problem.  this whole thing is just super shady on all parts

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

I like Denise, and I hope that being on the show with these opportunistic harpies doesn't change her. *looking at you, Teddi*

It doesn't matter where Dorit brought the dog, the simple fact that she did not return Lucy to Vanderpump Dogs per the rules is WRONG. She's WRONG.

But here's the flip side of that...No one, not Lisa, Not Vanderpimp dogs, NO ONE demanded that the dog be returned. They all knew the dog had been Re Homed and no one said no you cant do that it needs to be returned you cant do that... Lisa talked to her all the time and knew that the dog had gone to someone else  Lisa had to have told her employees cause they are "close"friends.... What we don't know is how long the other home had the dog for ..

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

No, he would not necessarily say “kill shelter.” Simply saying “shelter” is not the same as saying “no-kill shelter.” When you are knee-deep in rescue and in an area where you’re dealing with a lot of kill shelters, common vernacular doesn’t always dictate that you spell it out every single time you speak the word “shelter.” In much of the South, if you say a dog was adopted from the local shelter, it is assumed you got your dog from a kill shelter because most of them are. Those working in rescue in Southern California are likely to slip in and out of saying “shelter” or “kill shelter” without it meaning anything. 

Dorit said on WWHL that Lucy ended up in a “local” shelter, not a kill shelter. This proves nothing except what a dunce Dorit is. If she is referring to municipal shelters, many (if not most) of them are kill shelters in certain areas of Southern California.

ETA: If Dorit wants to solve this, she can respond to the many people asking her the name of the shelter. As it is, the blogs and other message boards are swirling with rumors/tips regarding which shelter Lucy ended up at. If these rumors are true (which I can’t find anything to prove or disprove), Lucy ended up in a really horrible, shitty shelter way East of L.A. Dorit is the one disputing the kill shelter narrative. It would be easy for her to “kill” it by naming the shelter. 

One of the VPD Johns should have the name of the shelter. They could "kill" it too unless... the ambiguity is advantageous to their "story".

A horrible, shitty shelter that scanned a chipped animal and notified the owner of record and get it back to it's home. A shitty shelter that has to deal with the final result of irresponsible owners who don't or refuse to spay and neuter their animals.  A shitty shelter that only has so much money and is only so big and are willing to make the tough choice to deal with the problem and keep accepting the thousands of abandoned or sick animals. 

As a mom to furbaby foundlings, I don't like shelters or kill shelters either but with exploding animal populations, limited resources what is to be done? It's a problem that won't go away. VPD and the like are a drop in the bucket. Catch, neuter and release programs are few and far between. What else do we do? Nobody wants homeless animals living in the streets, at least not in their back yard. 

The most truthful billboard I ever saw was years ago. A basket of cute kittens with the line "Choose one and kiss the rest goodbye. Spay and neuter your pet."

It went down pretty fast because the public didn't like facing the ugly truth nor their culpability.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Pretty sure I was voted "least likely to join a cult" back in junior high.  I also don't drink "kool-aid" or Flavor Aid.

Thank you so much for pointing this out!  It was Flavor Aid, not Kool-Aid, that was drunk at Jonestown, and I cringe for this poor guy every time his reputation is besmirched

D5CE2F52-BF2B-4E88-9AD8-261201DC1DC3-375-0000005A7AC1A8BD.jpg.5d9682156dfef4e99f87992b6bcf49eb.jpg

There was an epic amount of Flavor-Aid drunk in this epi.  Everyone is spewing their own bullshit and missing the point, as per usual.

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

But no one, not Lisa, Not Vanderpimp dogs, NO ONE demanded that the dog be returned they all knew the dog had been Re Homed and no one said no you cant do that it needs to be returned you cant do that... Lisa talked to her all the time and knew that the dog had gone to someone else .... what we don't know is how long the other home had the dog for ... the timeline on all this is way messed up  ....

It wasn't a big deal until that dog ended up in a shelter. Dorit shouldn't have done it period but maybe Lisa felt like it wasn't worth making a big deal about since the dog went to "a beautiful home." At that point Dorit was just a well-meaning dummy. It became offensive when the dog ended up in a shelter--which is exactly when it should have. 

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

It wasn't a big deal until that dog ended up in a shelter. Dorit shouldn't have done it period but maybe Lisa felt like it wasn't worth making a big deal about since the dog went to "a beautiful home." At that point Dorit was just a well-meaning dummy. It became offensive when the dog ended up in a shelter--which is exactly when it should have. 

And i agree with you 100% and had things played out a little differently with how this all got out we would all be focused on that however its the web that was being weaved to get it out that has muddied everything ..... 

• Love 2

The controversy is just the willful attempt to ignore and minimize what Dorito did to find something to bring down Lisa Vanderpmp. Led by Lisa Rinna And Teddy. 

Lisa doesn’t need this crap. She is 100% right to freeze them out and not to go to the reunion.

• Love 23
4 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Or are they just covering their ass? Why give her a second dog after the first one? I'd be a nope sorry we cant help you.... not here have dog #2 ....... and if the 5k was such a big deal why didn't Lisa demand it the next day when Dorit told her about re homing the dog? Why didn't Lisa demand then that the dog be returned if it was honestly that big of a deal? why not have any kinda problem with it until the dog was found in a shelter? Lisa knew before the dog was found in a shelter that the dog had been rehomed and had zero problem.  this whole thing is just super shady on all parts

I think you are vastly underestimating how many moving parts there are in a rescue-especially one as large as Lisa’s is becoming. People who work in rescue can get tired and Lisa, especially when dealing with the death of her brother, had to be especially tired. Everyday in rescue it’s like there’s a thousand fires to put out and you only have one hose. Several points in response:

(1) I think Lisa decided it wasn’t worth it to fight Dorit for the $5,000 that she would never pay anyway (I mean, get in line behind all the other creditors). 

(2) I also think Lisa is a bit run-down and discombobulated and was actually trying to avoid a fight with Dorit, even though she was quite angry about everything. 

(3) Dogs get returned to rescues for all sorts of legitimate reasons (as well as illegitimate reasons). Not every dog is the right fit for every family. I don’t know how Dorit & PK presented it, but them returning a dog and following the protocol should not prevent them getting another dog if the explanations they provided seemed acceptable to the rescue.

(4) I don’t know why Lisa didn’t demand that Lucy be returned after she found out Dorit rehomed her. The details of the timeline keep shifting (because Dorit keeps moving it all around) so I don’t know how long this other person had Lucy before Lucy ended up at the shelter and I don’t know where this mysterious woman lived. I don’t know what the logistics would have been to reclaim Lucy from this other person. It does seem like LVP might have dropped the ball here, but, if she did, it was likely because she and her staff were busy putting out other seemingly more urgent fires at the time. 

Finally, and most importantly, I don’t think this rescue is just “covering their ass.” They deal with limited time, resources, energy (both emotional and physical) to try to SAVE ANIMALS. This isn’t some normal business. But I do believe they do the best they can to help as many dogs as they possibly can— knowing full well that they will never be able to help them all.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, SerenityNow721 said:

I thought some of the conversations were choppy and hard to follow. That feels like viewer manipulation to me and I don’t appreciate it  I stopped watching several reality shows because of that very thing.

If, as she claims, Dorit did nothing wrong, why does she care who knows what happened.  Wasn’t she telling one of the other h-wives about the incident in Ep 1?

If I’m understanding this correctly, LVP’s instructions to John would have been something like “when Kyle and Teddy get here, I’m going to SAY I don’t want to talk about Lucy, but I want you to ignore that and keep talking about it.  No matter how many times I say I don’t want to talk about it and things are cool with Dorit, KEEP talking about it, okay?”  Wow! She really is an evil genius!!

About the card:  it seemed to me that LVP realized that she was being a little irrational and ungrateful and told Erika that and reached across the table to hold Erika’s hand.  Move on...

It’s obvious to anyone paying attention that LVP is completely heartbroken over the loss of her brother and questioning everything, which is pretty typical behavior for suicide survivors.  I don’t understand how friends, acquaintances, and frenemies can’t show compassion to a fellow human that is suffering that level of grief.  Lisa R, I’m especially looking at you. Karma’s a bitch, bitch.  And it’s never a good idea to take pleasure in someone else’s pain.  

I think she realized everyone was looking like she was crazy and saw that Erika was about to politely get in her tail and she thought better of the bs she was talking. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

Finally, and most importantly, I don’t think this rescue is just “covering their ass.” They deal with limited time, resources, energy (both emotional and physical) to try to SAVE ANIMALS. This isn’t some normal business. But I do believe they do the best they can to help as many dogs as they possibly can— knowing full well that they will never be able to help them all.

This is not some huge corporation that has 1000s of dogs this is a smallish boutique that has rescues dogs that they home ... if it got out that they don't really follow the dogs after homing them it could get them in a shit ton of trouble ... dropping the ball with Dorit and allowing her to have not one but two dogs and for the 2nd dog to be re homed with no push back from them with following their own policy's looks bad point blank period so yes this is about covering their ass just as much as its about how shitty Dorit was

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Giselle said:

One of the VPD Johns should have the name of the shelter. They could "kill" it too unless... the ambiguity is advantageous to their "story".

A horrible, shitty shelter that scanned a chipped animal and notified the owner of record and get it back to it's home. A shitty shelter that has to deal with the final result of irresponsible owners who don't or refuse to spay and neuter their animals.  A shitty shelter that only has so much money and is only so big and are willing to make the tough choice to deal with the problem and keep accepting the thousands of abandoned or sick animals. 

As a mom to furbaby foundlings, I don't like shelters or kill shelters either but with exploding animal populations, limited resources what is to be done? It's a problem that won't go away. VPD and the like are a drop in the bucket. Catch, neuter and release programs are few and far between. What else do we do? Nobody wants homeless animals living in the streets, at least not in their back yard. 

The most truthful billboard I ever saw was years ago. A basket of cute kittens with the line "Choose one and kiss the rest goodbye. Spay and neuter your pet."

It went down pretty fast because the public didn't like facing the ugly truth nor their culpability.

You’re right- the Johns could comment, but, unlike Dorit, they seem to be staying out of it since the episode aired. Their twitter accounts are mostly business as usual because they have other important work to do (and/or Lisa told them to stand down). Their job is not to be reality stars. That is Dorit’s job so, if she wants me to believe her grifter ass over the professionals who are actually doing the work, she needs to prove it.

I’m going to sound like a broken record, but, if you are really interested in finding out what we can do, pick up one of Nathan Winograd’s books or read his blog. He’s at the forefront of the No Kill Movement and he has concrete plans that are working where they have been implemented. There are things that can be done and it’s not hopeless.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, katespencer1 said:

Vanderpump is the only one that can play the game and it drives Rinna crazy. Kyle is hoping that this year she can be HBIC in charge after the coup except no one likes Dorit and Teddi is dry toast. 

Thank you! I am not alone! I find Teddi to be extremely bland. She doesn't bring much to the table as far as having an interesting job or hobby or charity, or story line, combined with her flat, monotone voice, her lack of makeup, and her stubby-fingered man hands waving around, there's nothing about her draws my interest.

I've never been a fan of her father's so that wouldn't necessarily impress me or draw my interest either.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

You’re right- the Johns could comment, but, unlike Dorit, they seem to be staying out of it since the episode aired. Their twitter accounts are mostly business as usual because they have other important work to do (and/or Lisa told them to stand down). Their job is not to be reality stars. That is Dorit’s job so, if she wants me to believe her grifter ass over the professionals who are actually doing the work, she needs to prove it.

That’s exactly right. I will take the word of people who love animals and devote their lives to caring for them over soulless grifters who return a living being like it was a Hermès scarve that had make up on it.

These guys have a lot of experience with dog shit and with Dorito they finally recognized that is what she is.

• Love 15
41 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

I like Denise, and I hope that being on the show with these opportunistic harpies doesn't change her. *looking at you, Teddi*

It doesn't matter where Dorit brought the dog, the simple fact that she did not return Lucy to Vanderpump Dogs per the rules is WRONG. She's WRONG. These women, Lisa Rinna especially, are so blinded by their jealousy and dislike for LVP that they will overlook anything to "take her down". 

Kyle is a terrible friend. Ken yelling at her in defense of his wife is completely justified IMO. 

Ken shouldn’t be yelling at a woman period and if I was Kyle, I’d send my husband to talk to him. Kyle wasn’t stabbing LVP and LVP is a grown woman who should be able to handle her own. Ken would’ve caught some hands in defense of his wife lol. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Giselle said:

Funny... that does happen every season. 

I wonder why?

Be....cause LVP keeps pulling shady shit every season?

I think it's because they don't want to discuss their own shit. Think about it...Rinna's husband is rumored to be a rapist. Dorit doesn't pay her bills and was chased around in the Bahamas by someone holding her accountable, Kyle's husband was in an ugly lawsuit, and Erika's husband has money problems of his own. Denise is too new and she was married to Charlie Sheen so what would even be surprising, and Teddie... she is the most bland, boring person to ever be on tv.

If I were them,I would damn sure be gunning for someone to keep the attention off me.

Edited by BravoHo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 23

Just a little perspective on LA shelters:

https://www.lamayor.org/mayor-garcetti-announces-la-has-reached-‘no-kill’-dogs-city-animal-shelters

And after doing a google search, there are many 'no kill' shelters/rescues in LA.  Of course, not every pet is saved for various reasons - illness, aggression, etc.

With that said, I think Dorit and PK were absolutely wrong not to return the dog to Vanderpump Dogs.  Why the woman turned the dog into a shelter, we don't really know.  Lisa didn't demand Dorit and PK give the dog back.  So Lisa can be upset that the dog ended up at a shelter but at the same time, she really doesn't have much  of case against Dorit and PK.  Did Vanderpump Dogs follow up on the woman who took Lucy?  No.

BTW - I can't stand Dorit  and PK, but VD isn't totally innocent in all this.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

This is not some huge corporation that has 1000s of dogs this is a smallish boutique that has rescues dogs that they home

A bit of an understatement, I'd say.  They pull dogs from high kill shelters, and have found homes for some 800 dogs in a year and a half.  If this 6,000 square foot rescue center is your notion of a "smallish boutique", so be it.

• Love 23
10 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

This is not some huge corporation that has 1000s of dogs this is a smallish boutique that has rescues dogs that they home ... if it got out that they don't really follow the dogs after homing them it could get them in a shit ton of trouble ... dropping the ball with Dorit and allowing her to have not one but two dogs and for the 2nd dog to be re homed with no push back from them with following their own policy's looks bad point blank period so yes this is about covering their ass just as much as its about how shitty Dorit was

In the short time they’ve been open, they have found homes for approximately 800 dogs. That doesn’t include the dogs they might still be rehabbing or have in their care right now. They also work on advocacy and legislation at the state and federal level to protect animals, travel to Asia to personally break up dog meat farms and rescue those dogs, and a bunch of other things that I’m not going to research further because it’s clear it won’t convince you anyway. But they are a pretty big operation. No organization that large (and even smaller organizations) can “follow” every dog after adoption in perpetuity. The resources aren’t there.

And, again, I clearly explained above why it is not necessarily problematic that they let them adopt a second dog- having to return a dog that is not right for your family is not an egregious crime. It happens all the time. The only place where they might have dropped the ball is in not going to get Lucy as soon as they found out what Dorit did. And we still don’t know the timeline on that. 

I can tell you- I’m pretty tapped into rescue work and rescue communities and mistakes happen. As long as what happened with Dorit isn’t a pattern, there is no urgent need to cover their asses and they are not “in a shit ton of trouble.” 

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

A bit of an understatement, I'd say.  They pull dogs from high kill shelters, and have found homes for some 800 dogs in a year and a half.  If this 6,000 square foot rescue center is your notion of a "smallish boutique", so be it.

Funny then how having such a huge rescue center out of all the dogs to be brought out to play it’s Lucy that makes an appearance lol kinda like it was set up for that to happen 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

I’m going to sound like a broken record, but, if you are really interested in finding out what we can do, pick up one of Nathan Winograd’s books or read his blog. He’s at the forefront of the No Kill Movement and he has concrete plans that are working where they have been implemented. There are things that can be done and it’s not hopeless.

"They are staying out of it."   

Convenient.

Well so much for not signing up for reality TV. They sure as shit made it on to my screen and remarked on the situation thanks to LVP who simply could have stopped it.  The owner of VPD should then clearly state what happened. Any message she would give now gets lost between the two sides she's playing.

Thank you for the information resource. 

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I loved the side convo at the table Camille and Denise were having while the other bitches were consoling Dorit. Camille said Dorit should have told LVP about the issues with the dog and brought the dog directly back to LVP. Denise agreed, then also told LVP she thought her employee was wrong for stirring the shit. They were both 100% spot on. 

Yes, this.  IMO Denise (and I guess Camille) are the only ones who aren't wrong in this situation. 

First can i just say how boring I think it is to base an entire season (so far) on a dog?  I love dogs--the bigger and the more mixed up the breed, the better.  But I don't want to talk about dogs on this show.  It is so boring.  I want storylines about bathroom cocaine use, whether someone is abusing alcohol, whether someone is committing/experiencing infidelity, some stories about adult children, and I thought last week's theme about eating (between anorexia and "always eat the fucking cake") was good.  Hell, at this point, I will gladly hear these women argue about whether it is an insult to say another woman is marketing  "a fat little shoe."  This dog stuff is doing my head in.  The only storylines that are worse are whether Adrienne had her twins via surrogate, whether someone said "Munchausen's," and, of course, "did you put a spell on my husband?" (Cannot believe that was actually a storyline once.  I should be counting my blessings right now).

This is how I see all of them being wrong:

-Dorit--you broke a contract and lied about it.  Wrongest of the bunch

-LVP--clearly still mad, but taking passive-aggressive digs instead of excommunicating Dorit.  Or keep it classy and civil, but tell Dorit that her behavior put her outside the limits of someone you will consider a friend, thank you next!  LVP is totally responsible for what her employee said and did on camera IMO.  If she knew they were filming there that day, the dog should have been off the premises and the employee should have been told to keep mum or there will be consequences.  Presto, problem solved!  You're welcome, Lisa.  If this somehow made it to film anyway and Lisa was serious about shutting down this dog discussion, she could have fired or seriously disciplined her employee for his behavior, and reported news of subsequent firing/disciplinary action each and every time the dog thing came up.  If John is that committed to getting word out about this dog, he should be willing to lose his job over it.  He's hurting the brand as of now.  

Also, Lisa, don't entertain talk of the dog if you sincerely don't want it brought up.  If Kyle says that maybe Dorit is allergic to dogs, you know what you say?  "She may well be; we should check if she's allergic to dogs or cats before Elvis brings his animals round."  That's the end of that tune.  Instead, Lisa opened herself up to the whole Rinna-Kyle-LVP talk on the balcony because LVP was still lying prostrate on her fainting couch when LisaR walked up, which was well after Kyle made the joke/commment.

-Rinna--stop eavesdropping around corners and blowing things out of proportion for a storyline, ya freaky creep! Down, girl

-Kyle and Teddi--if you want this thing to die, stop giving it life and air, you dumb cows.  It was your choice to film an entire breakfast scene in your hotel room about not wanting to talk about a dog, when you could just as easily have not talked about it.  Am I taking crazy pills?

-Erica--if the topic of the dog comes up at the table, and you sincerely don't want to talk about it, you get up and leave.  You don't need to say, "I don't want to talk about this," complete with a wild hand gesture, and a flounce away from the table.  Again, this is giving it light and air.  I'm sure, come reunion time, if Dorit were to confront Erica about not standing up for her and Erica simply responded that the topic was none of Erica's business, everyone would be on her side.

------------------------------------------

For anyone saying, "but LibertarianSlut, this is a reality show; there needs to be drama-- fine, but it is all self-imposed drama and the women look like ninnies.  Just live your authentic lives, as Denise is seeming to do, and if real drama occurs, ok, and if it doesn't, what are they doing to do, cancel or completely recast Beverly Hills?  To quote GOB from Arrested Development, "come on!"

---------------

Condolence card-gate: What I was thinking throughout this entire scene was that if the shoe was on the other foot, Lisa "Is that when the affair started?" Vanderpump would be totally passive-aggressive and nonplussed that anyone thought her reaction to a death was perhaps cold.  So there's that.  Erica Girardi (I guess I'm calling her Erica Girardi now, since so many call her Erica Jayne, which is merely her stage name) would have looked better if she'd just apologized (which she did) and then offered to "continue this private conversation at another time."  That would have been a low-key way of shading Lisa for bringing up the topic inappropriately, and Erica Girardi could sit pretty knowing there is no way in hell Lisa is actually going to take up the conversation further in private, or she may as well legally change her name to "Lisa Eileen Davis Vanderpump."  I'm surprised Daddy Warbucks (who is a lawyer, in case Erica Girardi didn't mention this) didn't teach Erica Girardi this little maneuver. Pushing away the dessert was just babyish (and if she doesn't want it, I'll have it).

Random observations:  

-I was really down with the idea that six out of seven women in their forties and fifties (plus Teddi, who is in her late 30s) would wear their bathing suits and jump into a gorgeous ocean and have fun on camera.  Kyle, you've come a long way, baby, from jumping into Camille's pool in your mumu in season one.

- the idea of taking your glam squad everywhere you go--including overseas--seems like an admission that you have no natural beauty/creativeness.  Having a glam squad at home is fabulous.  Needing to take them on a girls' trip screams desperation/high maintenance/fear to me.  So not fabulous.  

• Love 11

I'm confused why the defense of LVP vs the rest of the women is often that they are just jealous of her, thus their animosity towards her. It is possible to grow to dislike someone, especially someone who seems to get away with manipulations constantly. Or someone you've finally figured out was using you to their advantage. It's possible they just don't like LVP anymore. Or never did but put up with her because of her seemingly strong standing with the show. It really isn't always about jealousy. Heck, there are people I know that I'm not fond of - and it's hardly because I'm jealous of them.

Dorit is an arsehole. I've been saying since her second season I wish she was gone, but it doesn't make what LVP seemingly is doing, right. I do believe LVP had the power to shut that "don't you know who this dog is" "scene" down immediately - and yet she didn't. And now she's deflecting everything to Teddi. I get why the women are irritated with her. Rinna is just using it as an excuse to poke at LVP. I loathe Rinna as well. Blah. I don't loathe LVP but I don't really care if she goes. This all comes down to, Dorit did a shatty thing when it came to Lucy. LVP messed up by not confronting the issue head on and letting it go if that's really how she feels. Imagine that - being a mature adult, and dog rescue owner, and confronting the adopter who made incredibly poor decisions. LVP can be wrong in addition to Dorit and PeeKay being arseholes. 

I'm reserving any judgment of the "Texts" (up next- textgate, lawd...) that Kan brings out, before I cast stones at Teddi. Her tweet that someone else shared above, I find believable. I can see LVP being part of that text stream and I can see Ken conveniently leaving that part out. But it still comes back to LVP's inability to handle the issue on her own and tell Dorito how she really felt. Or if LVP wasn't willling to confront Dorito because of some loyalty to PeeKay or because her grieving supersedes such matters - then she should let it go. I have to believe more dust will be kicked up. Anywho... Again, I hope dog-gate isn't an all-season affair, but I do see it lasting up until LVP refuses to film with the majority of the women.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Funny then how having such a huge rescue center out of all the dogs to be brought out to play it’s Lucy that makes an appearance lol kinda like it was set up for that to happen 

Set up by Mz Accountability herself, if the leaked texts are any indication. 

But that's neither here nor there.  I took issue with the "smallish boutique" description.  That is all.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

Why do people like Dorit feel like they need to say things like, "You have to travel first-class and do it right!"  We all know she is deeply in debt.  And, beyond that, I doubt ANY of these women travel like this on a regular basis.  Certainly Teddi and Rinna don't have anywhere near that kind of money.  The rest of them have more money, but, like many wealthy people, they seem to be pretty smart and involved with their money.  

Of course only the poseur has to act like blowing your wad on a giant hotel room is necessary.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Set up by Mz Accountability herself, if the leaked texts are any indication. 

But that's neither here nor there.  I took issue with the "smallish boutique" description.  That is all.

Wait wait wait so John the employee of Vanderpump dogs has no accountability in this? There is No Way in hell he didn’t run it by the boss before putting this plan in motion Lisa and John should be held accountable then themselves too we gotta wait and see how this whole text thing now plays out. It’s getting juicy 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 1

A husband should support his wife, but Ken verbally attacking Kyle while she was a guest in their home is wrong. (2 against 1) 

What Ken should have done is remind Kyle that LVP is going through a lot, and suggest they end the visit, and then encourage them both to talk after a cooling off period. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Yay! We agree on something else! 😊 

I can believe that Lisa and John wanted to publicly shame Dorit (the scene at VanderPump Dogs), but that doesn't explain Kyle's joking about it or why Kyle and Teddi told Rinna, unless she knew that Kyle wouldn't be able to help herself? But still, the public humiliation had been done, so it's just beating a a dead horse at this point (imo), or is that LVPs m.o.?

And why did Dorit tell Erika? Was that actually after the messy PK lunch with Lisa and Ken, and she wanted to get her side of the story out, since Kyle and Teddi knew? That's the only logical explanation I can think of.

But still, so far, imo, Kyle seems to be the one who is responsible for ruining this lovely vacation, and maybe the rest of the season. It's early yet. I'm trying to keep an open mind.

• Love 10

Lisa should definitely refuse to film with most of these women. Without her they bring nothing to the table.

She should demand that there be wholesale replacements in the same way they did in New York a while ago. Keep Denise and add Camille as a full time Housewive. Bring in some new blood. Dump Rinna, Dorito, Erica and especially Kyle. Maybe offer Kathy Hilton a spot. That would be some just desserts right there.

• LOL 3
  • Love 15

Dorit putting on airs by copying Erika and her glam squad, and bragging on herself for first class travel is so funny!! PK is in debt up to his big pink ears- even after declaring bankruptcy several years ago. 

Dorit made mention on WWHL that there is more to the story of PK being sued by a casino.... ( PK claims the statute of limitations had run out on collecting the debt). 

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall at Dorit’s House when she gave Lucy away ( Lady- what a cute dog! Dorit- you want it ? All it does is bite and crap! Hurry up and take it before my kids find out! ) 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8