Type keyword(s) to search

S07:E06 Lacey's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

It can be hard to get out of the childlike role when you have parents like that. She's turned to food instead of dealing with it any other way so of course when bad-tempered dad and prize bitch mom act out, she's just right back there in childhood. 

I wonder if she almost instinctively reached out to Dr. Now with the "I don't know if I can handle surgery" because he's her only source of real help, after her parents put on that shitshow during the move. I don't see it as Lacey being weak, but really reaching out for help after enduring another bout of her family craziness.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Miss Chevious said:

Why does Lacey need Mom in Houston anyhow? She’s 29, mobile, can care for herself and prepare meals for herself. Lacey seems to be stuck in a child role. She needs to send her mother packing.

That is precisely what I was going to post. She can get a medical visitor to help her out at home post op. Why is Momma there at all? 

Squee! Dr. Paradise!

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Why do these overweight women on this show always wear tank tops with all the flab hanging out? I am paranoid about covering up and I am less than 1/3 of their weight

They’d bust out the sleeves of any tops with sleeves. Or wouldn’t even be able to get their arms into them. It’s a matter of logistics.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Yes! You could see in in her face, tone and body language—she instantly regressed to a childlike role. 

Yup.  I think everyone reverts to being more child-like when living with one's parents (or visiting their home) but for most people it's more like high school, and she goes all the way back to kindergarten!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

What kind of mom doesn't want her child to get help for a mental illness?

One that doesnt want her to talk to the therapist because shes worried they will reveal abuse or bad things that happened and what a bitch she is. And saying they have a bipolar disorder is a super easy way for the mom to invalidate her feelings as nit real.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

You know what Lacey? I’d be pissed too if I just shlepped my ass from Michigan to Texas and all of the sudden you’re having second thoughts about the surgery.

Yes, but Mom could deal with it in a better way.  Encourage her daughter to get the help she needs and help her understand that she can find another way to deal with her issues, instead of Mom making it all about her.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, MrsRopersCaftan said:

Wait--if Lacey is only 5'3" then how flipping TINY is Dr. Paradise???

I was thinking the same thing!!! He is a tiny little thing.

She is better off that her mother left.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 4

Sorry to say this, but I am sick of her la-la voice. If I was her mother at this point I would be a b**** as well.  Lacey intellectualizes all of this too much and doesn't put enough in action. I'm happy her mom went home for both of them.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Why do these overweight women on this show always wear tank tops with all the flab hanging out? I am paranoid about covering up and I am less than 1/3 of their weight

Because when you are overweight it makes you really hot all the time

• Love 2
1 minute ago, OoogleEyes said:

What happened to the bipolar issue? Shouldn't she be on some kind of medication?

She probably isnt bipolar. Its more likely just something the mother decided the had.

• Love 8

Where is that amazing home health aide - Khaleda, I think - from Octavia's episode?  Lacey could use someone like her now that Mom moved back.

And I honestly don't know Mom not being there is good or bad for Lacey.  On one hand, less drama and arguments.  ON the other hand, with her still wanting Mommy, it can drive her to depression and overeating... 

• Love 1