Type keyword(s) to search

Season Ten Talk

• Start Topic

White flip flops are an especially bad choice for cleaning up puddles of blood.

David feeling sorry for himself because "the nice guy" is a loser who gets trampled on is rich. YOU ARE NOT NICE. 

Edited by Kerfuffler
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Kerfuffler said:

White flip flops are an especially bad choice for cleaning up puddles of blood.

David feeling sorry for himself because "the nice guy" is a loser who gets trampled on is rich. YOU ARE NOT NICE. 

Again this show teaches is the very important lesson (that I wish I had understood as a teen): anyone who are busy calling himself a nice guy is NOT nice. 

• Love 4

I feel like Janet and Steve defining their relationship has been a subplot 5 times already.  

And did I hear correctly that Wayne was going to quit beach volleyball for ... Donna?  Her?  

BTW, Wayne's hair is so dark, that I thought it was David or Noah in the picture before I read the caption.

• Love 2

Dylan: "You can tell them they can come talk to me."
Me: "What!!?"
I mean, they are the cops Jones, what are you going to do?

Also, while Noah's reaction to the news of Kelly shooting someone was ... underplayed, to a comic level, so was Tori Spelling' initial statement. How can you deliver "Kelly shot someone last night" in such a measured way?

• Love 5

It's so weird to think that just nine (!) years earlier, this was a show about how Brandon and Brenda Walsh were adjusting to life in Beverly Hills after moving there from Minnesota.

Something I thought about listening today...Kelly was sexually assaulted.  Kelly killed someone in self-defense and was arrested.  And Jackie is...where?

I like to think that she got tired of all of Kelly's drama, which would be saying something. 

• Love 2
On 1/28/2019 at 2:15 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Something I thought about listening today...Kelly was sexually assaulted.  Kelly killed someone in self-defense and was arrested.  And Jackie is...where?

I think by this point the actress had already basically retired to become a minister and the parents had pretty much all been phased out at this point, save for the Martin parents because of the Gina reveal.

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure we do see Jackie this season, though.  Isn't there something about Gina blackmailing Mel and it breaking up his relationship with Jackie again?

According to IMDB, Jackie shows up in the ninth and tenth episodes this season and again for the finale. 

• Love 2
On 29/01/2019 at 6:36 AM, gesundheit said:

We haven't seen Visual Aids in months, am I crazy? I just figured that feature was retired but it came up a lot in the audio.

You have to click through to the full article (see the top post in each thread) - there's a link to the visual aids there. So there are no separate threads to talk about the visual aids anymore. Does that make sense?

• Love 1
On 1/30/2019 at 11:49 PM, purist said:

You have to click through to the full article (see the top post in each thread) - there's a link to the visual aids there. So there are no separate threads to talk about the visual aids anymore. Does that make sense?

Thank you for this clarification. I probably missed it somewhere, but I haven't seen the visual aids since the new format took over. Off to research the 2nd half of season 9, maybe, it was kinda dreadful.

Edited by nkotb
  • Love 1

Steve is not only Janet’s boyfriend but also her boss. Wouldn’t he have noticed if she called in sick or went on a few days leave because she was to have an operation? That is the most stupid plotline/confusion story EVER. Not to mention the ongoing mystery: where does Janet live?

• Love 2

I hate Matt in this episode. I agree that he and Kelly NEVER liked each other. Like ever. I think they just started going out because Matt was new in town and Kelly cannot be single for two seconds (outside of those brief episodes in Season 7). Why are they even dating?!! And they get engaged later? WHY????

• Love 6

I carried my checkbook with me a lot in 1999 so I buy that Dylan would be carrying his with him.

I'm perplexed by Donna's crop cardigan sleeve thing.  Would that actually keep you warm?  Or is it just meant to be ... "fashionable"?

• Love 1
On 5/2/2019 at 8:12 PM, meggonzo said:

I carried my checkbook with me a lot in 1999 so I buy that Dylan would be carrying his with him.

I'm perplexed by Donna's crop cardigan sleeve thing.  Would that actually keep you warm?  Or is it just meant to be ... "fashionable"?

I don't know what that cardiacs thing is called in English, but in Danish is it called - directly translated - a soul warmer. And they were very fashionable, I had at least three different ones. Worn over equally fashionable spaghetti strap tops. Paired with Ally McBeal-short skirts or baggy pants. In short, I do not understand why 90's fashion is in again ...

• Love 2
On 2/6/2019 at 3:28 PM, Nanna said:

I don't know what that cardiacs thing is called in English, but in Danish is it called - directly translated - a soul warmer. And they were very fashionable, I had at least three different ones. Worn over equally fashionable spaghetti strap tops. Paired with Ally McBeal-short skirts or baggy pants. In short, I do not understand why 90's fashion is in again ...

Yup, they were a thing. You could wear it to class up a tube top/tank for daytime/out to dinner, and then take it off for the club.

I've been 'looking forward' to this 'fashion show' for like two seasons now as it is my most favorite thing to hate on in the latter seasons. It's also the one I would routinely take pictures and videos of on my ancient cell phones of the  early aughts, to scream about later. Tara and Sarah: you did not disappoint with the gifs, and I thank you for your service.

Those FUCKING mandals 🤢🤢🤢 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I think I remember seeing this episode when it aired, or at least the Dylan plot line, because I’m pretty sure I screamed at the TV about it. Way to go CU for taking a chance on this rich white male. Also did Kelly say she wrote his essay or a recommendation for him? Either way LOL WHAT THE FUCK NO! 

• Love 3

They couldn’t find male models on short notice working for peanuts... in Los Angeles? I doubt it. Also, have we ever seen Donna actually sewing her collections before - or didn’t she just doodle away? 

It would have been AWESOME if David had told the true story of how Dylan helped him in college. “You see, I was hooked on OJ and then I accidently brought an undercover agent to my dealer’s place and ended up with the whole stash...” At least that would have been a somewhat interesting story instead of “Dylan doesn’t like quitters.” Oh, really? Dylan has quit just about everything he was ever into whenever he couldn’t be bothered with it anymore.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 6:24 PM, penguinnj said:

Didn't the gang also want the police to clean up after they searched the Beach apt for David's drug stash.  Newsflash- they don't do that!

Kelly asked if they could sue the police for their search of the apartment looking for David's drugs, which she knew was completely justified search because David actually HAD drugs in the apartment.  It got dismissed right away but the fact that Kelly was even thinking about that shows you the thought process there.

Edited by benteen

Kelly says she wrote his college recommendation, not his application essay/personal statement.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go cleanse myself of this dark dark day in my life where I just defended Dylan McKay kind of sort of...

BTW, LOVE LOVE LOVE your podcast! Discovered it a few months ago and couldn't stop listening until I got caught up and there were no more. I've gotten some friends hooked as well! Keep up the great work, can't wait to hear what you'll tackle next! :-)

Edited by Kristy
Font all jacked up
  • Love 1

David's bad accent(s) at the end are more of Dylan's pernicious influence. Clearly that was the terrible Freud accent Dylan/Luke Perry improvised about a hundred seasons ago.

Edited by Stowaway

I get annoyed whenever the show has Kelly have a crisis of career confidence because she never brings up the field she actually studied to work in.  Remember that psychology degree Sean Donely paid for, Kel?  And I was confused that she didn't in fact quit at the end and go work for Pia because I'm pretty sure Kelly does go into PR at some point this season.

I think Gina came around to helping after getting busted by Matt because, like with Val and Brandon, Gina likes Matt, considers him a friend, and his opinion of her kinda matters to her.  Which, meh, whatever.

These egregious Dylan retcon stories gotta stop.

• Love 3

Spoiler alert:  You will not have to suffer more of Dylan's essays of angst, but he will have completed his entire undergraduate degree, which seems to be about 3 years' worth of coursework*, by the end of the season.

* We see his entire freshman year.  He was addicted/in rehab/running to Mexico/writing screenplays his sophomore year.  He was with Toni part of junior year and told her he didn't attend class then left after she was shot.  So at a maximum, he only has one year's worth of college credit.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Kristy said:

Kelly says she wrote his college recommendation, not his application essay/personal statement.

Just who colleges want to hear from! Your friend who works at a failing shop thinks you'll do great. Ditto David's impassioned plea. If I were a CU waitlister, I'd be pretty annoyed.

• Love 3

"The store hasn't made money in weeks, thanks largely to her having killed a guy in it..." is probably the funniest thing I heard all day.

Yeah, pretty sure Kelly said she was up all night writing Dylan's recommendation, but that's no better than her being up all night writing his personal statement, because who'd give a shit about a recommendation from Kelly? (No one, that's who, considering Dylan didn't get in) (until David guilted the dead of admissions or whatever into it). 

Also, Dylan, just take a couple part time classes to start with like a normal fucking person. 

• Love 4
On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:17 PM, StatMom said:

Just who colleges want to hear from! Your friend who works at a failing shop thinks you'll do great.

Kelly: My time at CU was invaluable to me.  The psychology degree I earned there has...been so...helpful in...running this..........

• Love 2
20 hours ago, meggonzo said:

I was hoping Kelly's friend that knew Michael Stipe was Maryanne Moore!  I rewatched the pilot a week or two ago and her father was a record producer.

I was hoping it was Amanda Pacer so she'd show up and shade the store to the ground.

• Love 4
  On 2/11/2019 at 6:17 PM, StatMom said:

Just who colleges want to hear from! Your friend who works at a failing shop thinks you'll do great.

Kelly: My time at CU was invaluable to me.  The psychology degree I earned there has...been so...helpful in...running this..........

Don't forget how invaluable her degree was as the administrator of a clinic clinic.