Type keyword(s) to search

Season Ten Talk

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Are there actually 27 episodes in this season??!!

Yeah. I can only imagine how boring it was for everyone involved in the show to keep cranking out the episodes till the bitter end.

• Love 1

Josie Davis played a different character than Camille was in an earlier episode when Steve and Brandon are mistaken for a couple when they meet up with Josie's character and her partner.  It was not long before Kelly and Brandon got engaged so it was less than two years earlier they used the same actress.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Earmuffs Mom said:

Josie Davis played a different character than Camille was in an earlier episode when Steve and Brandon are mistaken for a couple when they meet up with Josie's character and her partner.  It was not long before Kelly and Brandon got engaged so it was less than two years earlier they used the same actress.

How Law and Order of this show!

(they frequently reuse actors, but cast them in different roles)

9 hours ago, ilovebeaarthur said:

How Law and Order of this show!

(they frequently reuse actors, but cast them in different roles)

I would say how very Perry Mason of this show. The original had the same actors return again and again playing different characters over its 9 year run.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I totally forgot about Camille!! Another road block to Donna and David getting back together. 

Kelly was a complete BITCH regarding Matt donating sperm for his brother. 1. That’s his brother, I 100% understand how Matt would be a preferable donor to a stranger, never mind for medical history and things like that but the child would have the exact same biological grandparents. 2. It’s sperm! He makes more every 90 days?!! What’s the huge deal?

• Love 2

Camille signals that the end is near, hooray!

I also posted this on the Again With This website, but I think it's plausible that Steve could have hooked up with Darby in season 5.  He didn't have a love interest after he hooked up with Val in the fire episode, which was before Christmas.  Not that I want to give the writers credit though!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, meggonzo said:

Camille signals that the end is near, hooray!

I also posted this on the Again With This website, but I think it's plausible that Steve could have hooked up with Darby in season 5.  He didn't have a love interest after he hooked up with Val in the fire episode, which was before Christmas.  Not that I want to give the writers credit though!

Yeah- Steve didn’t have a steady after Celeste dumps him freshmen year inbetween getting with Claire Junior year. 

• Love 1

So I watched the episode since it was on my Pop recordings and I knew the podcast was coming up. Vanessa Marcil did act the hell out of this storyline, and Tori Spelling did a pretty good job as well. I’m sure Vanessa doesn’t regret her time as she got her son out of it, but damn that was a thankless role. 

• Love 1

You guys, I did it!!! I made it all the way through to the last episode of Season 10, holding my nose the whole time. Man, that stunk.  Whoever gave Tori Spelling the direction of whispering all her lines needs to slapped until they’re dead.  I spent more time yelling “What??” at the TV than I did following the convoluted plot lines of the last couple seasons (kidnapping, bulimia, alcoholism, my cousin/my sister, desert raves, Steve’s who-cares baby).  Sure, Mrs. Teasley at the bachelorette party, why not. The moms are there.

i gave this show a year of my life, since Pop started from the beginning last summer (I never watched it back in the day).  I want my year back.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Supagirl said:

You guys, I did it!!! I made it all the way through to the last episode of Season 10, holding my nose the whole time. Man, that stunk.  Whoever gave Tori Spelling the direction of whispering all her lines needs to slapped until they’re dead.  I spent more time yelling “What??” at the TV than I did following the convoluted plot lines of the last couple seasons (kidnapping, bulimia, alcoholism, my cousin/my sister, desert raves, Steve’s who-cares baby).  Sure, Mrs. Teasley at the bachelorette party, why not. The moms are there.

i gave this show a year of my life, since Pop started from the beginning last summer (I never watched it back in the day).  I want my year back.

Preach!  I can't handle the whisper line delivery!  I thought I was the only one who noticed it.  It is seriously like every line with Tori Spelling.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’m still listening to the podcasts every week. I know they are taking a hiatus to cover the reboot, will we discuss those episodes here?

We created a topic for this just now, let's keep the BH90210 discussion in the new and shiny BH90210 forum (including AWT's coverage of it), there's links in this forum that will take you there. But also, here you go:

https://forums.primetimer.com/forum/4529-bh90210/ 

Listening to the podcast, it’s clear after Brandon left Steve had NO A plots, even his marriage to Janet and Maddie’s birth etc was at best a B plot. Did the writers not care for him or did he not care to film as many hours but held on for the check? NOAH got more screen time that Steve the last two seasons. 

This week’s episode, David and Camille’s relationship- I like Camille too but it’s clear David is being a total ass- which he was to ALL of his girlfriend’s save for Val after her rape and when she told him she was sexually abused. This shows me there is human decency in him he’s just a selfish prick. He only lost Donna in the first place because he STOLE FROM HER. Ugh....

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Listening to the podcast, it’s clear after Brandon left Steve had NO A plots, even his marriage to Janet and Maddie’s birth etc was at best a B plot. Did the writers not care for him or did he not care to film as many hours but held on for the check? NOAH got more screen time that Steve the last two seasons. 

Noah OVERSTAYED his WELCOME by two seasons. At the least, they should have booted his ass off the show once Luke returned.

• Love 5

Noah was so awful. It always puzzled me why they didn't cast someone who could act. I get when you originally cast a show you don't know it will succeed so maybe attracting real talent is hard. But he joined when it was well established and given how many times I've watched other shows with unknown, but really good talent, it's always puzzled me. Nevermind his annoying storylines. It is really weird that right at the end when they are wrapping things up, we still get Noah storylines --including ones having nothing to do with the rest of the cast. We don't care about Noah. Back to Dylan et al please.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RedbirdNelly said:

Noah was so awful. It always puzzled me why they didn't cast someone who could act. I get when you originally cast a show you don't know it will succeed so maybe attracting real talent is hard. But he joined when it was well established and given how many times I've watched other shows with unknown, but really good talent, it's always puzzled me. Nevermind his annoying storylines. It is really weird that right at the end when they are wrapping things up, we still get Noah storylines --including ones having nothing to do with the rest of the cast. We don't care about Noah. Back to Dylan et al please.

He was on the show way too long. I wouldn't have minded him as much for 1 season like they tend to cast every other guest member for. Once Dylan came back, that should have been a wrap. I thought his and Donna's relationship was torturous to sit through, although I think he finally brought out the bitchy Donna instead of the constantly happy go lucky Donna. Maybe that came with losing her viriginity

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I thought his and Donna's relationship was torturous to sit through, although I think he finally brought out the bitchy Donna instead of the constantly happy go lucky Donna. Maybe that came with losing her viriginity

agreed; there were so many episodes of them mad/almost breaking up/staying together for some reason.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

He showed up as some goth stalker in NCIS in its first season. He played the ex of Abby.

Oh. Well then. 

lol thanks for the info. 

I just listened to this week’s podcast. David was awful to Camille. Just awful. And she just waited around to be broke up with. 

3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Oh. Well then. 

lol thanks for the info. 

I just listened to this week’s podcast. David was awful to Camille. Just awful. And she just waited around to be broke up with. 

Donna annoyed me that season with her “ I’m alone at the store , I’m alone at night , I’m always alone .” .. ok Don, you’ve been single all of 5 minutes and have consistently had a boyfriend for the past almost 10 years without a break in between . She only wanted David back because Noah finally left the picture for good and she had no one for the first time ever . 

It’s funny because you see who Brian Austin green dates in real life ( tiffani thiessen , Vanessa marcil , Megan fox ) and then you see his struggles with women on the show and it just doesn’t add up . He got hot in the later seasons minus the pitch black hair he sported in the final season or 2 

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Donna annoyed me that season with her “ I’m alone at the store , I’m alone at night , I’m always alone .” .. ok Don, you’ve been single all of 5 minutes and have consistently had a boyfriend for the past almost 10 years without a break in between . She only wanted David back because Noah finally left the picture for good and she had no one for the first time ever . 

It’s funny because you see who Brian Austin green dates in real life ( tiffani thiessen , Vanessa marcil , Megan fox ) and then you see his struggles with women on the show and it just doesn’t add up . He got hot in the later seasons minus the pitch black hair he sported in the final season or 2 

Brian Austin Green is a dead beat but he is an attractive man. There are plenty of attractive men who lack confidence OR spend time chasing women that aren’t into them and have relationship troubles. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Brian Austin Green is a dead beat but he is an attractive man. There are plenty of attractive men who lack confidence OR spend time chasing women that aren’t into them and have relationship troubles. 

Yeah but I just didn’t buy his struggles with women . 
I also didn’t buy him dating Donnas cousin / sister considering how much he loved Donna and they were together for a long time .. or that Donna would be fine with it 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Yeah but I just didn’t buy his struggles with women . 
I also didn’t buy him dating Donnas cousin / sister considering how much he loved Donna and they were together for a long time .. or that Donna would be fine with it 

Well the gang was so damn incestuous   🤣🤣. But yes I agree with you. 

• Love 2

Did tiffani leave the show because she wanted to or because she got booted and all of her storylines were done ? 

seasons 9-10 are truly torturous to sit through , especially given how many episodes there are in each season and the addition of Gina , who literally had zero reason to be such a bitch but felt like she had to get back at everyone at all times . The only one I understood was her being a bitch to kelly . She deserved it . 

and dealing with not one but two alcoholics on the show is exhausting . Once Dylan came back , it should have been bye bye Noah . 

• Love 3

In a scene in season 9 with Kelly and Dylan 

kelly : does it bother you that you cheated on Gina ? 
dylan : no not particularly because it’s what we do me and you.. with Brenda , with Brandon ..

Kelly : and now Matt . But it’s different , because I love him 

so that dialogue tells me that Dylan only sees Kelly as someone it’s fun to cheat with .. and that apparently Kelly didn’t care for Brenda or Brandon ( who she claimed was the love of her life ) .. but loves Matt ? Who had a wife at the time she “ cheated “? And who she just started dating .. this was the only time I thought her “ cheating “ was justifiable since Matt was in an active relationship with his wife .. and it’s the only time kelly feels guilt . 

• Love 3

Why would dylan have been Steve’s daughters godparent other than just because the storyline called for it to bring him and Kelly together ? Were Steve and Dylan ever close even before Dylan left the show ? I know realistically Brandon would have been The Godfather but he was off the show .. but so random that Dylan was 

• Love 3
On 11/11/2019 at 8:52 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

In a scene in season 9 with Kelly and Dylan 

kelly : does it bother you that you cheated on Gina ? 
dylan : no not particularly because it’s what we do me and you.. with Brenda , with Brandon ..

Kelly : and now Matt . But it’s different , because I love him 

so that dialogue tells me that Dylan only sees Kelly as someone it’s fun to cheat with .. and that apparently Kelly didn’t care for Brenda or Brandon ( who she claimed was the love of her life ) .. but loves Matt ? Who had a wife at the time she “ cheated “? And who she just started dating .. this was the only time I thought her “ cheating “ was justifiable since Matt was in an active relationship with his wife .. and it’s the only time kelly feels guilt . 

Kelly didn’t cheat on Matt. He recommitted to his wife and they weren’t together at the time. This dialogue made no sense. Dylan is the only cheater here, BUT yes, Kelly is fun to cheat with. When they are actually both available they act like they hate each other. 

1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Why would dylan have been Steve’s daughters godparent other than just because the storyline called for it to bring him and Kelly together ? Were Steve and Dylan ever close even before Dylan left the show ? I know realistically Brandon would have been The Godfather but he was off the show .. but so random that Dylan was 

That was actually explained by Dylan having deep pockets. Even if Dylan has kids of his own Maddie would get a cut of the estate, or at least nice gifts- like a car at 16 etc. 

• Love 1

oh seasons 7-10 are awful... and it's ridiculous Brandon didn't return to beverly hills to attend Steve - his best friend!!!!! - wedding and birth of a child.. 

Noah - such a stupid character and bad actor.  

And did you notice.. when Dylan came back during season 9.. he didn't mention his sister Erica. he didn't even explain what happened with Brenda. he said they broke up. but why? 

and why did they kill Donna's father like 10 episodes before the finale.. no reason for this. 

On 11/18/2019 at 8:19 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

It was also weird that legit no one was at the baptism except the gang .. where were Steve and janets parents ? 
i need a life 

If you need one, I also need one. 
I’ve always wondered why his parents weren’t even at the wedding or the baptism. 

• Love 2
On 11/20/2019 at 9:52 PM, ilovebeaarthur said:

If you need one, I also need one. 
I’ve always wondered why his parents weren’t even at the wedding or the baptism. 

Were the actors on other jobs? I don’t think we saw Samantha again after college. 

13 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Didn't we find out Samantha was gay after they graduated from college?

Wasn’t that during college? Senior year? She was dating Claire’s dad (her real life husband) and then ended things when she came out. Yes that was during college because Claire was there. 

Listening to the podcast today- WHEN did David & Donna reunite??? The previous episode?(so two weeks previously in our time because the podcast is every Monday)

5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Wasn’t that during college? Senior year? She was dating Claire’s dad (her real life husband) and then ended things when she came out. Yes that was during college because Claire was there. 

Listening to the podcast today- WHEN did David & Donna reunite??? The previous episode?(so two weeks previously in our time because the podcast is every Monday)

No . It happened in season 9 . Steve And Janet were together during the time . 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Hiyo said:

I always thought it was in season 9 for some reason.

18 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

No . It happened in season 9 . Steve And Janet were together during the time . 

You both are very right! Thank you. So we did see Steve’s mom after college. 

• Love 1