Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Justin's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

"I'm sticking to the diet" as he eats fast food.  Though it did kind of look like he just got some plain chicken.

It was grilled nuggets (which probably still have plenty of sodium, but still better than fried).

And he got water!

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, CircusPeanuts said:

I’m in Wisco and we got hit with a great snowfall in the last 2 days. I worked from home today and yesterday. 

Same here in Iowa, tho I called in sick yesterday. Wink, wink, nod, nod. :  )    And as my sister said, "You are sick. Sick of work."  :  )

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

"I'm sticking to the diet" as he eats fast food.  Though it did kind of look like he just got some plain chicken.

He is. It was grilled nuggets. The best he could order. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Full disclosure. Biscuits and gravy are food of the Gods. I will eat them every day if I could. But not gravy on waffles. Nope. 

How tall is he? He's so mobile for such a weight. 

I don’t get it - isn’t it like eating wet bread? Biscuits - I’m imagining like a pillsbury bread biscuit- which I might eat once or twice a year, with a little butter - what’s that  glop on top? Meat gravy? Seems weird! And that’s a meal? 

9 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Since when are eggs giblets? 😉 I saw no giblets in that "gravy"...

TwirlyGirly - who likes her gravy BROWN and sans EGGS

Like I said, badly made.  May family always put hard boiled eggs in giblet gravy but we put other things in it also...like giblets.

• Love 2

Hate to say this, but he is the ultimate mama's boy, isn't he?

Actually, on second thought it could be worse - he could be Norman Bates. heh

Edited by DEG9
  • Love 4

He went home and started exercising?! At a gym, not by walker by to the stoop? AND   was only negative insofar as being anxious about being anxious, not because They’re All Gonna Laugh At Me?! Is this Ny 600 LB Bizzaroworld?

But all the focus on “you need to move to Houston and don’t forget you need  someone to move with you” makes me think there’s gonna be a...big...problem.

• Love 11

He’s not stripping all the appliances out and hauling them down to Houston where he won’t have an apartment (a la Nicole) who is this?

uh oh, mom is flaking😡

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Wanda said:

He enjoys working out, he’s learning to work through fears and anxieties? Doesn’t want to miss hisappt and not saying he’s too stressed or busy to go? I think he applied to the wrong show

Right?  Though I think Mom may throw a wrench in things if she shows up again.

5 minutes ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Despite what my name implies, I would never judge a person of size working out in the gym. Ever.

And screw anyone who would. The gym SHOULD be a place that the unhealthy can go to get healthy, not a showplace of perfect bodies.

4 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

"WE" do not have a girlfriend. I don't understand why these women put up with this nonsense.

I've always thought that those people who go on TV and espouse the benefits of polygamy are usually the ones who make it look absolutely awful.

1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

What part of South Carolina are they from? My mother's side is from a little town in Orangeburg.

Also, I can't help it, I love this guy and his ordering grilled chicken nuggets and ice water at the drive thru, amazing! Bless his sweet, redheaded heart.😍

I think it said "Rock Something" at the beginning.  Rock Hill?  Rock Harbor?  

He is doing so well on his own.  Why does he need his mom to go with him?

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Smoothcoat said:

I don’t get it - isn’t it like eating wet bread? Biscuits - I’m imagining like a pillsbury bread biscuit- which I might eat once or twice a year, with a little butter - what’s that  glop on top? Meat gravy? Seems weird! And that’s a meal? 

I think that's a Southern thing.  One of my best friends lives in Arkansas, and when I was visiting her, going out to breakfast was quite an... enlightening experience.

2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

It amazes me that people like his Dad, remarry someone who can't stand their kid?    Just because he wanted somewhere to park the kid doesn't mean he has to marry someone who, from what Justin says, didn't want him around, and favored her own kids.  Especially when the Dad is a long-haul trucker and probably only home a day or two a month.   And who marries someone who'll be gone so much, when they have full time custody of a kid that you don't want to take care of?  

Because some people “need” to be married for a variety of social reasons. People have spouses that beat or rape their kids and they blame the child- of course that’s awful, and no one is saying that Justin’s step mom was that type she wasn’t abusive to him, but she didn’t love him or consider him to be “her” child emotionally. Justin was obviously lacking emotionally during this time  

I think Justin’s Dad did love and care about him (hence why he got him away from his addict Mom) but married again because he expected a woman to be the primary caregiver and emotional support system for the child. Again- this is not okay!! Had Justin’s Dad been home every night with a regular 9-5 things would’ve been better for him (but he wasn’t). And it could’ve been that his Dad didn’t really she how much his wife didn’t care for Justin until after they were married and had their own kid together. Remember Brianna’s Mom from two episodes ago? Sounds like a similar situation to me. 

Justin was the child here, and I am not letting his Dad off the hook for dropping the ball, BUT I am not surprised it happened. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, DEG9 said:

Hate to say this, but he is the ultimate mama's boy, isn't he?

I think it’s more complicated than that. He spent his childhood wondering where his mom was and why she didn’t care enough about him to stick around or show up when she said she would. So now he wants that relationship he thinks he missed out on. 

• Love 16
Just now, Smoothcoat said:

It's indeed a meal! Big fluffy buttermilk biscuits are needed.  Like the ones KFC make or Chik Fil A. Those biscuits are bulky enough to support the gravy. I'm drooling now.  Here's a recipe for country gravy. 

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/65104/moms-country-gravy/

Oh wonderful. Mom is leaving him on his own.  Ugh. Bitch. OK.. Come on. Get it together and go to Houston. You can do this. 

• Love 4

I was afraid he might have to sell his house. Hope he got some good renters who will take care of it.

He might be better off hiring an aide for a while to help him after surgery. Once he's recovered from that he can take care of himself. (And hopefully get out and find some kind of social life.)

• Love 8
1 minute ago, 3girlsforus said:

Where is his dad now? Can his dad go with him?

His Dad moved to Myrtle Beach. They still talk occasionally but haven’t seen each other in several months. He likely has to work and cannot go to Houston. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Uh oh. I worry that there's mama drama coming up.

3 minutes ago, Kid said:

Oh, oh!!!!  Mom is going to be a problem!! 

She is going to use again.

3 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

stupid bitch. Man that is rotten.

When is he going to learn that the well is empty!   She will never be there for him. It’s a total history of abandonment that will only continue as long as he allows her to do it to him.  She does not deserve having a son like that.  Somebody raised him correctly either his father or his stepmother but it certainly wasn’t that bitch.   He needs to dump her ass and move on with his life.

• Love 7