Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Justin's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, cmpbl said:

I'm so glad his dad stepped up his game.

I like the relationship with the Dad, because it shows that a parent can make a mistake, but still be a decent person and be interested in being a good parent. Justin knows his Dad loves him (despite the emotional stuff he went through as a kid) and they have a good relationship now. 

• Love 16

Even Dr. Now said he is one of the best patients he has ever had!  

And I like a mix of success stories and snarkable stories.  So far, I am enjoying the successes!

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 20
Just now, dreadfulLeigh said:

His dad doesn’t look that old. I wonder how old his parents were when they had him?

I was thinking the same thing, they look like they could be the same age.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, 3girlsforus said:

NO!!!!! Wait until you are done losing weight and remove your skin to get a tattoo!!!!

Usually when they do arm surgery it's on the underside so maybe it won't affect it too much?

1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

No tattoo!! Noooooo..

(Sorry I hate tattoos)

I'm not a tattoo person (though I can appreciate good artwork when I see it) but I do like his "Texas phoenix" symbolism. And I like that dad did it with him.

I really liked this episode, despite the lack of snark-worthiness. See y'all next week!

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, MrsRopersCaftan said:

I meant it didn't seem to accomplish anything as far his mother having an epiphany about what she's done to him and how it's affected him his entire life. I hope saying what he needed to say finally gives him the freedom to let go of the hope that he's been harboring. He's doing great and I don't want to see him fail because he's pinned his hopes on her changing.

I think he needed to stand up to her and say “You leave. That’s what you do.” Being able to do that marked an important change for him. 

• Love 8

Way to go Justin!     

Now say goodbye to your mother, and never look back.    The woman was stoned out of her gourd at that last meeting.    I bet if TV wasn't involved, then she wouldn't have shown for that meeting either. 

I bet Justin is terrified of getting addicted to anything like his so-called mother did.  

• Love 8

Oh boy, I just can't keep from loving this guy. Yes, he's no James K and isn't giving us our much beloved snark, but with all the real awful shit going on in our country and the world today, I really appreciate the palate cleanser that Justin. Justin (and dad) you both rock!

No offense to Texans, but what does a Texas tattoo have to do with new beginnings?

Anyway, loved hanging out with all of you; off to watch and, thanks to Casey, snark on Family By The Ton. See ya!

• Love 15

Had to wait until this reopened, and forgot a lot I wanted to say, but mom only gave the dog a bite with a fork, when she'd finished, and everything was going to sink, then dishwasher.
And what type of work would mom be looking for, driving to different areas?  I never heard what she did, but was really glad dad came through.

3 hours ago, Miracle Maxie said:

Why doesn’t he go to the Family By the Ton doc? Atlanta is a lot closer for him than Houston. 

I think you have to have an entire fat family willing to have surgery.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Lizz said:

i think he’ll be a success, which is great, but give me Assanti, Penny or Juggalo Nicole. 

Nicole is on the schedule.  Not sure when, but my DVR has her set.  Did she ever have a follow-up?

3 hours ago, DEG9 said:
3 hours ago, Erinw522 said:

Am I the only one who does not understand the appeal of “dr pimple popper” and can’t even watch the commercials bc it’s so gross? 🤮 

I am fascinated by all that stuff, but I am in the medical field. Definitely not for the faint of heart.

I am generally faint of heart, turn TV to "guide" when Dr. Now has the overhead lights off, but I LOVE Dr. Pimple Popper, and I even keep her shows on my DVR, an honor previously reserved for Mike Holmes and Bryan Baeumler.  
And she helps people with disfiguring conditions, dismissed by other doctors and insurance as "not medically necessary."

• Love 3