Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Justin's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

His takeout is a step up from fast food, but seriously, another person who doesn't know that eating is supposed to be happen sitting up at a table.  What's up with eating in bed?  

• Love 3
Just now, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

You know anyone that happens to watch this show and is getting on a plane to Houston and sees a big person get on the plane too is thinking that they are going to see Dr. Now.

I was just thinking the same thing.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Concerned said:

The mother makes her morbidly obese kid sausage and gravy? She’s either trying to murder him or the heroin destroyed her brain. He needs to kick this toxic mother to the curb and stop seeing her.

Those waffles were stacked like a cake! And that awful white gravy. How people eat that stuff, I don't know. Way too much food - but he knows that.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Singingflutist said:

I have gastroparesis and Crohn's so can't get enough in by mouth. I'm 102 at 5'8 so I'm just a little thin (j/k)

I have 4 relatives with inflammatory bowel disease. My niece had some bowel surgically removed.   Bless you..I know how awful it is.  My nephew was a child when his crohns was diagnosed 

They both fit in one row? (Mom ain't exactly small, herself.)

Those poor flip-flops must be screaming.

Mom's all tatted up, ain't she?

3 minutes ago, cmpbl said:

I also have severe anxiety and panic attacks so I already feel bad for him.

I wouldn't say "severe" but I've been there, too.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, aliya said:

Those waffles were stacked like a cake! And that awful white gravy. How people eat that stuff, I don't know.

Homemade waffles with sausage gravy? Yum. Don't knock it til you've tried it.

• Love 4
Just now, Schippmom said:

I have 4 relatives with inflammatory bowel disease. My niece had some bowel surgically removed.   Bless you..I know how awful it is.  My nephew was a child when his crohns was diagnosed 

Thanks IBD sucks. I was diagnosed as an adult thankfully. I had my colon and rectum removed so got the worst part of it out although now it's in my stomach.

• Love 3

Man, I know how I feel at the end of long travel day—I just want to get the fuck out of the airport and to where I need to be. I can't imagine how frustrating this is for Justin. 

And ya know, for all the issues his mother has, she does come across as pretty normal. Or maybe I'm viewing her "normalcy" through the filter of this show's other enablers. 

1 minute ago, preciousperfect said:

His mom doesn’t have a credit card wtf. 

Drug addict. Spotty work history and tendency to spend money on drugs instead of paying bills.  I'm not surprised.

• Love 16
14 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I really like this guy but I really need to see some backyard bathing or complaining. 

Speaking of backyard bathing, I finally watched “family by the ton.” What a complete and total douche nozzle! 

I’m late as per usual but so far I can’t snark on this dude at all. Dammit! But here’s hoping he’s successful. 

• Love 6

Hiya pounders!! I’m late to the party, because I was busy fixing dinner...wait for it...LOBSTER! I’m kind of a big deal! (Not that I bought lobster for NYE and didn’t have a party due to snow). High protein and low carb.  It fits and Dr. now his diet. We won’t talk about the butter I’m dipping it in!  =P

this Justin guy seems articulate and somewhat well adjusted.  I’m only a few minutes in. Let’s see what happens later. At least we got the shower scene for the bingo card 

• Love 12

I think something has gone very wrong when I look at this guy and think,”He doesn’t look so bad...”

Also, how do some of these people stay on their stomachs and prop themselves up on their arms? Granted, it’s mostly disability-related, but even if I didn’t have a jacked up neck, shoulders,everything, I dont think I could do that for more than a minute—I spend most of my time in bed, too, (albeit only in about a fifth of it: if I am overhanging the edge, it’s because my cat thinks she gets the other 80%, not because I am surpassing the bed in a body::bed surface area race), but I’ve never once thought to prop myself up prone to eat or bead bracelets—and I’m about 100 lbs. Maybe it’s the lack of counterweight (a ridiculous percentage of that weight is in my...chest). Maybe a matching set of butt-wings would provide the anchor to make such a position possible. Maybe nother 500 lbs could open up a whole new range of possibilities 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Wanda said:

I’m guessing she’s had bad debts and possibly bankruptcy in her past.

You can get a credit card pretty much w/n a few weeks after the bankruptcy filing is approved. It's amazing.

Good Lord that's a tight fit.

Edited by aliya
1 minute ago, methadonna said:

I think something has gone very wrong when I look at this guy and think,”He doesn’t look so bad...”

Also, how do some of these people stay on their stomachs and prop themselves up on their arms? Granted, it’s mostly disability-related, but even if I didn’t have a jacked up neck, shoulders,everything, I dont think I could do that for more than a minute—I spend most of my time in bed, too, (albeit only in about a fifth of it: if I am overhanging the edge, it’s because my cat thinks she gets the other 80%, not because I am surpassing the bed in a body::bed surface area race), but I’ve never once thought to prop myself up prone to eat or bead bracelets—and I’m about 100 lbs. Maybe it’s the lack of counterweight (a ridiculous percentage of that weight is in my...chest). Maybe a matching set of butt-wings would provide the anchor to make such a position possible. Maybe nother 500 lbs could open up a whole new range of possibilities 

I watch tv like that a lot. It’s not uncomfortable for me. Sometimes I kick my legs up (did that a lot as a teen). 

6 minutes ago, aliya said:

Those waffles were stacked like a cake! And that awful white gravy. How people eat that stuff, I don't know. Way too much food - but he knows that.

I lived in N. Texas for 22 years, and never developed a taste for cream gravy. But there's something worse; I went to a friend's house for Thanksgiving one year. The turkey was so dry as to be inedible, so I figured I'd get it down by drowning it in gravy. No dice. The "gravy" was a clear thick liquid with chunks of hard-boiled eggs floating on it...

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

What up, Pounders?!  Sorry I'm late- had to put the twins to bed. 

This guy is clean, mobile, and well-spoken and intelligent.  He's going to rock this.

Having worked with this population, I find most of them have good verbal skills. They tend to be talkers. But it is hard for them to put what they say into action.

• Love 2