Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Justin's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Oh good lord, the dad has a bird...the asshole of all pets.  I bet he lets the bird out to walk all over and shit on everything.

I saw a video the other day where someone had taught their bird to go in the toilet. I was impressed. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Standard Staples said:

Rough around the edges, but Dad seems to have a good heart. Glad he'll be with Justin, and it seems like at a minimum, he won't be sabotaging/enabling.

Justin turned out really well despite his shitty mom. He needs to cut her out of his life.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Yeah, but some of those were mighty small boxes. And they still had the Amazon tape intact I thought. 

I did see the glare of clear packing tape on some of them. Which just brings us back to: wth are you pack in those tiny boxes??

Edited by dreadfulLeigh
1 minute ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Oh good lord, the dad has a bird...the asshole of all pets.  I bet he lets the bird out to walk all over and shit on everything.

That reminds me - when I lived in Seattle, there was a guy on my regular bus route who often showed up with a parrot on his shoulder. There was bird stuff all down the back of his shirt all the time.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Erinw522 said:

Am I the only one who does not understand the appeal of “dr pimple popper” and can’t even watch the commercials bc it’s so gross? 🤮 

No.

(Last week's commercial was worse, though.)

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 2
Just now, Erinw522 said:

Am I the only one who does not understand the appeal of “dr pimple popper” and can’t even watch the commercials bc it’s so gross? 🤮 

I am fascinated by all that stuff, but I am in the medical field. Definitely not for the faint of heart.

• Love 6

This is a great episode, especially with his articulate discussion of his addiction.  Substitute alcohol or drugs and he is no different, yet the morbidly obese are looked at with such disdain. 

My other comment is .... no adult should expect anything from their parents.  If you are lucky to have loving, giving parents ... count your blessings.

• Love 11

I’d rather watch Dr. Pimple Popper than look at the nasty gravy/waffle concoction that was prepared earlier in this episode.

• Love 6

But it is wonderful to see the transformations in her patients. She really does change their lives.

• Love 8

OK, so Jazz survives the surgery, pops a stitch or ten, and Mom has to take to a hospital bed?     There's a drama llama in that family, but it's not Jazz.      

Did you see the new show on TLC, Dr. Toe something?    I almost lost my din-din over that one. 

And lay off with the Dr Pimple Popper commercials.

Dad moved to Myrtle Beach a long time ago, after he divorced the second wife.     Four extra months to go to Houston?    Edit the damn house stuff to clothes, and personal stuff, put it in the truck, store or donate the stuff left over, and buy a couple of beds, a couch and a TV or two when you get to Houston.   .  

Way to go Dad, not real enthusiastic, but he did agree.   

Justin should just hire someone like Princess (from the Steven Assanti episode), a home health care aide.     

Two days, it's a record.  

Why didn't they hire local movers to unload the trailer?     It wouldn't cost much, and no one would be ready to keel over.    

So first visit 687, month 3-595, and month 6-508, so 87 more off.    

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

Any guesses on his gain or loss? I’m thinking it’s  about a 30 lb gain. 

I thought he would hold steady with no significant loss, but hey! I'm wrong! Justin's breaking the mold here. 

Why couldn't they hire some movers or "hunks hauling junk" or someone to help unload the truck? 

"I'm at my limit" must be this week's "I'm scared"

• Love 7
Just now, Giant Misfit said:

Um. Yes, Dr Now thinks it's enough. You've already BEEN CHECKED INTO THE HOSPITAL.

Yeah, that was kind of an obvious scene. You're being prepped for surgery!

• Love 3
Just now, Giant Misfit said:

Um. Yes, Dr Now thinks it's enough. You've already BEEN CHECKED INTO THE HOSPITAL.

He’s threatened to cancel surgery of people who were prepped if he weighed them right before going in and it shows they gained 

• Love 5

Wow, he's doing great! I thought there would be a gain for sure. But good for him for sticking to it through everything he's been doing. (I'm giving you the side eye, Octavia, with your excuses of "I just moved" and "It's too soon, I wasn't ready" and my favorite, "My life has been too hectic to lose weight!")

• Love 15

I bet there are a limited number of apartments that will allow filming, and film crews, and Houston has very few vacancies after Hurricane Harvey flooded a lot of the ground floor housing.   Plus, some apartments (Octavia, Brianne) looked like they were totally redone, so that reduced the number of units open too.     

As off topic as this is, there are always local movers that will load or unload trucks, or u-hauls by the hour, and many regular moving companies do it too.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

I’d rather watch Dr. Pimple Popper than look at the nasty gravy/waffle concoction that was prepared earlier in this episode.

Whaaaaat??!!! You’re high 😂😂 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, aliya said:

Shortly after my husband passed away, I was talking to the Chinese take out owner at his shop. He said he hadn't seen  my husband in awhile. So after I told him what happened, he said that if a parent has to die, it's better it is the father. The mother will take care of the child, the father just wants a new wife and often ignores the kid.  I'd say that's true more often than not; sadly.

So sad to say @aliya but I think that restaurant owner is absolutely right.

• Love 2