Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: Meri, On Her Own...

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, MissT said:

I dont understand why they don’t call out Meri and say “you had an affair”!    Not a physical one but an emotional one and her plan was to leave the family.     How is anyone not being honest about it.  

it’s time to move on.  Sell the houses and let Meri leave the family.  She doesn’t want to be there and they don’t want her.

And I wouldn’t give her one effing penny.  

I don't know.  I get the very strong impression that this decision was made as a family, and it has more to do with Kody's fragile ego than Meri's inability to tell the truth.

5 hours ago, ThinkerBell said:

So, Meri's pal admits that she fell into Sam's catfish trap because she was desperate to be in a romantic relationship with 'him'. Meri, you need to be honest and acknowledge that this is exactly what you were hoping for too, and would have walked away from your family had Sam been the 'rill dill'.

Unless Kody admits that he emotionally abandoned Meri when she was outpaced by the other two brood mares, I feel no need for Meri to fess up to her catfish debacle.  Kody abandoned her first, IMO.  And then divorced her for his favorite, with a ridiculous excuse.

5 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Right? Mari's been dragging it out for eons, but the minute someone says "what happened? What did she say? How were you threatened?" she gets out pouty and doesn't want to talk. Piss or get off the pot, Meri. 

I can't imagine all of this hasn't been explained off camera, and a year or so ago.  Kody is trying to get her to confess on camera, and I don't blame Meri for resisting.  

• Like 1
  • Love 11

I'm just really glad I read this board first so I could ff thru 80% of this mess and get to the part where greedy Meri gets shut down. And I'm really interested to know how she's just gonna "go sell some clothes" for a quick 40 grand, cause I could could use 40 grand myself. 

• Love 24

I can't believe they are still trying to milk the catfishing thing for a storyline. Are they that desperate?? I turned it off after a while. I will watch it on my DVR tonight to I can hit fast forward when I need to. The last season was so boring, and I was hoping this season would be better. Then they start it off with this crap.

Unless Kody admits that he emotionally abandoned Meri when she was outpaced by the other two brood mares, I feel no need for Meri to fess up to her catfish debacle.  Kody abandoned her first, IMO.  And then divorced her for his favorite, with a ridiculous excuse.

They want to be on reality television, but they don't want to be real. None of them want to put out some honesty. Meri was planning to bail on the marriage AND the family. I don't blame her for that, but she needs to just come out and say it and deal with it. At some point Meri needs to be an adult and quit this crap with "I was framed." Confronting Kody on his abandonment would be a really good start. 

Edited by Kellyee
  • Love 24
5 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Janelle's whole attitude of 'why do I have to meet this chick' was right on. 

I know!  If she wasn't looking she wouldn't have ended up being catfished.

Oh, by the way Meri, there is a show CALLED Catfishing and they do it much better.

So they have to pack up all those houses and move AGAIN?  I think the women need to just leave Cody and the ones that get along stay together, or be neighbors.  Not sure how that worked as a family.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, 80sBaby said:

Meri needs to go do her own thing. 

I agree with Kodi 100% ...Meri is full of shit and he knows it.

Janelle comforting Meri and her caring routine is very annoying and puzzling. Meri has treated Janelle like trash for years!!! Let that burnt orange sink by herself.

"STRIVE" for a backbone Janelle..geesh.

Christine and Robin are OVER IT!!! 

I couldn't STAND that!! Janelle is such a fake, phony sycophant! She knew the tide was heading in the direction of not giving Meri the money...so she was secure, but then quickly sidled up to Meri and PRETENDED to be on her side to look like the good guy in Meri's eyes! What a bullshit artist! What a fucked up bunch of horrible people they ALL are! The manipulations that they must pull on each other for years, of which the camera just captured a tiny bit! Sick. They are all sick and playing games with each other. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when Robyn stole the legal marriage out under from Meri. That must have been some David Copperfield shit.

• Love 18

Meri was bragging that she has saved $40,000 from her "clothing business." Isn't that money supposed to go into the family pot? Also, she said she could "pull" $40,000 in equity from her house, when it has been said all along that they only have made interest payments on the houses, so no equity period. Then when Cody was listing their expenses, he said Mariah's college..wonder if he was talking about the pricey four year college, or paying for her Master's Degree in Chicago? If he is, no wonder she is able to fly all over the place at will..daddy is paying!

• Love 17
10 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Catching up with the first hour now. I don't get Meri's thought process, even if she brings forward dozens of people who were Catfished by that same person, it still doesn't diminish the fact she was looking for romance and was planning on leaving the family for the Catfish.

I think she wants the other victim to explain to the rest of them how easy it was to be tricked by the catfisher...show how many victims there are, that see? She's not the only one, so many other women have fallen for the con. I think she didn't realize how often romance and love and falling in love would be brought up by the sad sack...it just highlighted Meri's state of mind of intending to start up an affair and run away with Sam. Also, what's with the description the Sad Sack gave of Sam that made her fall so hard for him?? "Tall, VEGAN, handsome....." did anybody catch that? She was saying that at the table before Kody cut her off. What's with 'vegan' being a quality that lures in the ladies? Is it me thinking that bizarre or is vegan a thing that gets women hot now? Lol lol lol!

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I couldn't believe they were calling Kody aggressive because he wanted to ask questions before he forked over 40k. WTF is wrong with these people? Have they never had adult conversations involving business topics? I didn't see any aggression from him, he was asking good solid questions. They make him do the dirty work of telling Meri 'no' then try to paint him as a bad guy. 

I totally agree.  I think Kody was asking fair questions concerning the amount Meri was asking for.   Meri has to be one of the most selfish women I have ever seen on TV.  I truly understand about her wanting that house - I get it.  But there ARE other members of that family to support and she was PISSED when they said they needed the money to support the family.   "Let them eat Ramon Noodles!"  <~~~  Marie Antoinette 

• Love 20
9 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I really wish I wasn't contributing to their ratings, I admire you @Kohola3!

Well, see, here's the thing.  It's all old news - some of this stuff was over two years ago. 

This isn't reality TV, it's all scripted and not very well.  Why all of the angst and hoopla about the $40,000?  We already know she got the money, we already know she bought some relative's B&B, we already know where her mother lives, we already know it's open for business, all of it.  The filming with the fake confrontation on the money came long after the sale was done.  It's all just bad acting by bad actors to try and keep the show on.  Count me out.

• Love 17

You guys have said so much I was thinking - love you! Couple of random thoughts...

Meri's renting room logic is beyond stupid. Even if you have 5 rentable rooms (not including the caretaker suite) and you are only allowed to rent 4 at a time - you would want to keep an extra room available. Rooms need repairs, they need painting, etc., so you want the availability. Unless of course, the place never has more than 1 or 2 rented at a given time. And if that's true, oh woe the business plan that will never be completed. 

I like the man bun, long hair and ponies on a man but c'mon Kody - yours looks like you were playing dress up with the kids and you let the little girls style your hair! Get a clue and get rid of the perm! 

And Meri - oh Meri you clueless idiot. She wants to be a therapist lol! Or did she quit that after she was so easily taken in by a catfisher while in school? I'm sorry for her catfished friend, but I wouldn't let a family member I didn't know well into my house to recover much less a complete stranger!

I'm not feeling safe!  I'm guarded! I don't trust you! Keep screeching that! These are all people you've been with for years you dumass. I long for the simpler seasons when Meri brought Robyn into the fahmly and their biggest problem was simple jealousy. You brought these issues into the house Meri. You should've just left when you wanted to go. 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Fouts said:

Six thoughts:

1.  Meri sure came off horrible tonight.  It's almost as if the producers either had it with her personally, or they were setting up for her eventual departure.  Meri's not going to be pleased with how she was portrayed.  Girl appears not just selfish, but demented.

2.  Did you catch the side-eye looks of contempt by Robin at Cody sitting next to her in Meri's living room?  That bloom's long left the rose.

3.  Meri loves to spring family meetings with secret and mysterious agendas on everyone but gets pissy when anyone else wants to host a meeting at all.

4.  An earlier poster commented how they felt bad for Meri that the rest of the "adults" would meet without her.  (I put "adults" in quotes not only because many of their children are of age, but Kody and his wives can be so infantile.)  At first I had the same small moment of compassion for Meri about getting left out of the discussion.  Then I re-wound the episode and saw where Meri instructs them all to "meet amongst yourselves" to talk over the B & B/financial issue. 

5.  Loved Janelle reluctantly explaining that they would all stay married together in the next life, according to their religion.  They rarely like to spell such things out for us.  Poor Janelle--getting stuck with Meri for eternity.  I probably wouldn't have it in me to worry about my diet either if I knew what hell of eternity awaited me.  

6.  The wives seem to have made some off-camera pact to show a ton of support to Meri, no matter what.  Are they worried Meri's one stroke of orange bronzer away from sanity, or are they scared she'll run away to her B & B alone and jeopardize their brand? 

I was the poster who said I would not want family members meeting about me without me. I never said I felt sorry for  Meri. Meri did say she was not comfortable with them having a secret meeting and then calling her to discuss their conclusions. I can’t imagine being a polygamist and having various factions meeting in secret and making plans about my future. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

You apparently keep all the money you make from LuLaRoe to yourself, but they should want to LOAN you 40 grand. And when Janelle says "we want to help you do this", she says "You're not getting any control of my house!"

I loved the subtitles to show exactly what Meri whispered to Janelle as Janelle play-supported Meri. The editors added those subtitles because they want us to see that. They want us to see what a giant bitch that Meri is. And after seeing Janelle's sniveling boot-licking, I see they deserve each other.

• Love 8
51 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Janelle is such a fake, phony sycophant! 

Her Strive followers are probably cancelling or not renewing their subscriptions, so Janelle wants to portray herself as a supportive voice to keep the cash flowing in (since her health advice obviously isn't working).

Meri's family probably LOVE it when she puts up her walls and secludes herself in her 5-bedroom house, so they don't have to dill with her.  I find it hard to believe that guests at the BnB would pay enough to even cover the mortgage, much less the $40K as well as the mortgage on her Wet Bar home and the inventory for her online sales.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

I checked and my DVR also recorded 'Countdown to the new Season', are we talking about that here too?

I sometimes watch that but I've never seen it discussed on THIS board.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MrsWitter said:

I do feel horrible for Ysabel. She really did seem to be beating herself up a lot. And it sounds like she can’t play with friends, do any after school activities, sports, etc. because of her “exercise” schedule. Between the pressure her parents are putting on her with these exercises and the lack of relationships with kids outside the family, she has to feel very alone. That poor girl.

Ditto. These nitwit grifters won't pay for the girl's surgery and on top of that play up her fears of surgery as well.  How did they manage to shell out the cash when Dayton needed surgery a few years back (and had Sobyn complain she was in debt over that situation).

I'm wondering at this point who is the favourite in Koduche's harem?  Not Meri that's for sure.  Sobyn looks to have checked out. Christine can give 2 fucks. Janelle maybe? 

• Love 6

Given their past history, I was ok with Janelle showing support for Meri since she knew Kody was going to ask the proper questions anyway. I think all the women, including Janelle want to support the venture, and I think Janelle is done with having an icky relationship with Meri.  I don't blame her for not wanting to be the bad guy because I seriously don't think their relationship can withstand it. 

Geez, I'm not a fan of this lifestyle at all. I'm a live, and let live, type of gal, but this needs to be said every season of this show: Meri, you don't have the constitution or personality to live this lifestyle. You should practice monogamy.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, VedaPierce said:

I couldn't believe they were calling Kody aggressive because he wanted to ask questions before he forked over 40k. WTF is wrong with these people? Have they never had adult conversations involving business topics? I didn't see any aggression from him, he was asking good solid questions. They make him do the dirty work of telling Meri 'no' then try to paint him as a bad guy. 

Yeah.  I don't know how Kody tolerates thr degree of ignorance Meri demonstrates (plus the other wives who support that crap), but....he chose them.  So, I suppose he has to deal with it. It might have been more kind to just have said from the  start, "This is a hair brain scheme and I will take no part in it."   And let the feelings start to heal.

No one else wanted that property. If Meri had just told the seller, I will offer you one-third of your asking price and no more.  Walk away and let her come to you when she's ready.  Who else would have brought the place? 

I thought that Kody was the only adult who looked like they had not gained a lot of weight. 

• Love 8

Someone said that Meri was looking really good last night.  I thought her hair was better than usual, but she still looks like an orange Oompah Loompah.  WHY in the world do some women think that over-use of tanning beds make them look attractive?  Even Simon Cowell has brought this up more than once.  "You look like a giant orange.  It's creepy".  lol     

• Love 15
17 minutes ago, zenme said:

eez, I'm not a fan of this lifestyle at all. I'm a live, and let live, type of gal, but this needs to be said every season of this show: Meri, you don't have the constitution or personality to live this lifestyle. You should practice monogamy.

I agree, but but but...who would Meri complain to? She wouldn't have a built in audience as I'm sure her Lulano people wouldn't want to hear about her relationship problems.

Meri should just live alone, she's not equipped for any relationship.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Pollo Loco said:

Laughed out loud to Christine’s reaction to Meri pulling out yet ANOTHER person who was catfished. Really wish Meri would let this go. I don’t understand why she keeps searching for people and especially trying to push it in Mariah. Let. It. Go. Be happy that Mariah is speaking and having a relationship with you again. 

Meri will never be done with the Catfish saga because she will never be done chasing the high she got when she thought a tall, dark and handsome younger dude was going to sweep in and rescue her from the life she despises, and also, she will never admit any of this.  Sign me up and pass the popcorn!

13 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

"I am not a poopoo head. I am the only adult here" has to be a quote that will live forever.

I actually thought I heard him wrong in the preview, but then I watched the show and heard Meri call him that....but the fact that he repeated this kindergarten-level name calling while staring at the camera with his dead-shark eyes gave me a really weird combo reaction of wanting to LOL off the couch and also hide behind it.  Also, Kody's thread might need to be renamed "I am not a poopoo head."  Just a thought.

Here's what I cannot understand, at all - the juxtaposition of Meri asking for 40 grand while Ysabel potentially needs spinal surgery.  I just cannot with that...even though this show's timeline is like a Rubik's cube, if I'm Christine, I don't know how I would be able to keep from throttling Meri if Meri actually has the unmitigated gall to ask for that much cash when a child of the family needs major surgery. 

As one of the weirdos that can't get enough of the catfish, the opening segment of "give me the money but leave me alone" actually lulled me to sleep so I missed the good stuff, LOL.  

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 18
13 hours ago, Pollo Loco said:

Laughed out loud to Christine’s reaction to Meri pulling out yet ANOTHER person who was catfished. Really wish Meri would let this go. I don’t understand why she keeps searching for people and especially trying to push it in Mariah. Let. It. Go. Be happy that Mariah is speaking and having a relationship with you again. 

And we all remember when she'd chastise anyone on social media who brought that up. Yet here she is, bringing it up.

ETA: Just saw the bit about her "bringing awareness about catfishing": Gee, Meri, you KNEW Sam was fake when other people tried to warn you, you stupid dunce!

New name for her: Meri-Two-Face

Edited by TurtlePower
additional comment
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Someone said that Meri was looking really good last night.  I thought her hair was better than usual, but she still looks like an orange Oompah Loompah.  WHY in the world do some women think that over-use of tanning beds make them look attractive?  Even Simon Cowell has brought this up more than once.  "You look like a giant orange.  It's creepy".  lol     

Do you think it's a tanning bed or just massive overuse of the foundation shade called "Orange You Glad You're Not Meri?"  I mean, between the foundation and the eye makeup, she's approaching Tammy Faye territory.  She always looks hot and sweaty.  Yuck.

• Love 21
1 minute ago, TurtlePower said:

And we all remember when she'd chastise anyone on social media who brought that up. Yet here she is, bringing it up.

Meri almost demands that the family meet with Kristie who was catfished by the same fruitcake, thus keeping this subject on the front burner.  Then when Kody DARES to ask her a question at this meeting of the bottom feeders* (what threats did fruitcake make?) Meri is OH-SO-OFFENDED and upset that he had the gall to ask.  Yes - definitely two-faced!!

Definition of catfish:  Bottom Feeder.   Jackie was the fisher"man", Meri and other victims the catfish.

• Love 9

Did anyone notice that the subject of Meri's mother selling her home and contributing to the downpayment for the B&B came up in last night's episode and was glossed over?  Some time ago, one of the intrepid detectives on this site investigated and found that she did in fact sell her Lehi home around that time.  This would explain why they so casually tossed aside Annie as the hostess and installed Meri's mom, despite their misgivings about her personality for the job.  Turns out they misjudged her abilities and from what has been reported here, she is doing a great job. 

It seems to me that this whole drama over the $40,000 downpayment is just that, drama for a storyline, which they desperately needed this year, Ysabel's condition cannot be exploited by them much more than they already have, the catfish SL has been around so long it reeks of dead fish and the Aspyn/Mitch nuptials are old news as they already sold the story to the tabloids and every detail was reported 6 months ago.

Edited by Sandy W
wrong child named
  • Love 13
Just now, laurakaye said:

Do you think it's a tanning bed or just massive overuse of the foundation shade called "Orange You Glad You're Not Meri?"  I mean, between the foundation and the eye makeup, she's approaching Tammy Faye territory.  She always looks hot and sweaty.  Yuck.

Funny you should ask that!  I was questioning myself AS I WROTE that post - but then I realized that her entire body is that weird shade of burnt umber, and unless she is smearing that makeup on her entire body with a spatula, it MUST be the over-tanning!!

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

LOL--should be the thread title for her!

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

One orange face is enough thank you very much☺☺

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Funny you should ask that!  I was questioning myself AS I WROTE that post - but then I realized that her entire body is that weird shade of burnt umber, and unless she is smearing that makeup on her entire body with a spatula, it MUST be the over-tanning!!

Tanning generally doesn't tun anyone orange, but spray-tans or bad bronzers will. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

I know!  If she wasn't looking she wouldn't have ended up being catfished.

Oh, by the way Meri, there is a show CALLED Catfishing and they do it much better.

So they have to pack up all those houses and move AGAIN?  I think the women need to just leave Cody and the ones that get along stay together, or be neighbors.  Not sure how that worked as a family.

I keep wondering why they didn't enlist the Catfishing show to help them find out the true identity of the catfisher.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Tanning generally doesn't tun anyone orange, but spray-tans or bad bronzers will. 

That's it!!  Someone needs to tell Meri to stop using a bottle at a time.  It is SOOO unattractive!

• Love 4

As loathsome as Meri is, I did get my anticipation up for the rest of the season.  I think it'll be more of Meri exasperating Kody, Mariah, the sister wives and even her friend Kristie,  Do you think there's a director behind the camera who signals to her when to turn on the waterworks? lol

• Love 2
Just now, Anlogle said:

I keep wondering why they didn't enlist the Catfishing show to help them find out the true identity of the catfisher.

Because they already know her identity.  What I keep wondering is if the other wives and Kody ever saw the banana photo or the bathtub photo with "Sam" scratched on her thigh and her orange sultry look for the camera (for Sam).

• Love 9

I am so over Meri's never ending pitty party. I don't understand why she thinks she is judged by her Sisterwives. They seem very forgiving and seems like they have moved on from the whole Catfishing thing.

• Love 9

As I was watching last night, my mind just went to a terrible place.....ok..is Kody really sleeping with those wives?  I mean, REALLY sleeping with those wives?  Meri, NO WAY, but, the others?  IT's hard to fathom it. lol 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, GladysCravits said:

As usual, Mary wants what Mary wants and she better get it, or look out.  She needed the Butlers Pantry or whatever it was in her new house, she got it.  Mariah had to go to an  expensive  school, she got it.   In addition, there’s her hilarious tales of being catfished, when we all know she thought she had snagged a good looking, rich man and was ready to run.  Although why she would ever think that is, is a real mystery.   She’s so horribly self centered.  That will never change as season after season has proved.  

They all coddle Meri and I don't think that is helping her. She will never get over the catfishing unless she finally accepts some responsibility for her choices.  She has to stop talking about her imaginary walls and get real about what happened to her and her family needs to get real with her as well. They need to stop coddling her. Maybe then her pitty party will finally end.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Because they already know her identity.  What I keep wondering is if the other wives and Kody ever saw the banana photo or the bathtub photo with "Sam" scratched on her thigh and her orange sultry look for the camera (for Sam).

My guess is that they've all seen everything, but won't admit it to one another to feign consideration for Kody's poor widdle man-feelings.  These women need each other to fall from grace in order to move up the Kody Totem Pole (eww) so there's no way they all haven't looked and listened to Meri's shenanigans to mentally file away and smug over.  I'm surprised none of them has invited Meri to dinner and served banana bread and fried catfish.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 12