Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/21/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Tammee said:

I'm glad they finally acknowledged the Preggers Chair lol.  And just changing the seat cover, reupholster it, won't work.  it's still alive LOL. Burn the chair! Burn the chair! Burn the chair!  Nothing short of a new chair will be accepted.  So it is told.....

I think the stage crew should switch that chair with Meghan's - it seems that Meghan getting pregnant will be the only way we can get rid of her!!  

(Oh, and didn't Elizabeth Hasselback sit in Meghan's place when she was pregnant during the show?)

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

it seems that Meghan getting pregnant will be the only way we can get rid of her!!  

As much as I shouldn't wish an innocent babe on the likes of NutMeg, I'm selfish enough to hope for this to happen!  Switch the chairs!   Switch the chairs!

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

(Oh, and didn't Elizabeth Hasselback sit in Meghan's place when she was pregnant during the show?)

Yes.  And remember how her morning meeting buddy Sweaty Getty gave her a foot stool because she was getting uncomfortable?  And so she would sit there with her feet perched up and give everybody a money shot of her legs.  Getty sat right in the front row back then and I am sure he really enjoyed "the view." 

38 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

As much as I shouldn't wish an innocent babe on the likes of NutMeg, I'm selfish enough to hope for this to happen!  Switch the chairs!   Switch the chairs!

That poor baby.  It's only hypothetical and make-believe but I already feel sorry for it. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 10
Just now, atlantaloves said:

Hey if RBM ever got pregnant, we would never know about it, ya know what I mean?  Yep.

Maybe we'd be able to tell because she would get really moody and cranky.  Oh.  Wait a minute..  nevermind.

• Love 19

The thing is, Meghan could be 8 months pregnant now.  How could we tell?   Now I'll say something nice:  I thought she looked a little bit pretty today.  Her looks are so see-saw-ish.   One day she'll be fine, the next she'll be a hideous mess, then look quite fetching, then back to clown territory.   Which means tomorrow she'll be a hot mess.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

The fyre festival guy said he would have given a blow job for a bottle of water.

(they muted that part when Meghan said it.)

Watched both of the documentaries and thought both had a different view about the same thing with the same outcome of fraud.  Hulu had an exclusive with the guy who is now in prison but Netflix has more about the workers (construction, catering etc) but both docs have merit and I enjoyed both.

Now the guy that said he would give a BJ did in fact mean it for by that time he knew there were people coming and no water.  He prepared himself to do it and it was not for a bottle of water but for many containers of water.  Containers meaning those huge things people build houses with.  He did not have to as the other government regulations people let the containers through with the word they would be paid first.  The designer of the festival had no idea or didn't care about import fees.

2 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

The one they showed was the  Netflix one. That's the one where one of them said he was willing to do sexual favours in order to clear water from customs, because he wanted Billy's dream to come to fruition.

That moment was so wild it made me laugh and even though it's horrifying, because Billy told this gentlemen to take one for the team as their gay guy, it made me kind of admire that Billy was able to get someone to stoop that low for him. That kind of power for a festival that was doomed from the beginning is just wild.

[For context, they had Evian water that was being held by customs and they didn't have the money to clear it. So Billy decides to use this older gentleman, who happens to be gay, and convinces him to suck dick (the guy's words) so that they could get the water. This guy was willing to do it, but when he got there the customs guy just said take the water.]

The Hulu one has interviews with the guy and goes more into his other scams. I've heard that they compliment each other, since one has things that the other doesn't have. I definitely recommend it, especially since the only people who come off looking good are the Bahamians and the pilot guy who got fired due to logistics. The rest look like crooks.

You explained it better than I did.

• Love 2

Abby: The saddest part is....

Whoopi: No, the saddest part is blah blah blah

Why does she always contradict what ANYONE says? Never ever agrees and is contrary to the point where it makes NO SENSE.

Edited by geekburger
  • Love 16
On 1/22/2019 at 11:12 AM, Apprentice79 said:

Megan learned a new word: nuance.  There is nothing nuanced about what happened to the Native American man who happened to be a Veteran from the Vietnam war.

It shows that Meghan only worships Republican veterans.  It’s amazing how she can rationalize this.  I guess it’s easier to side with her own experience - privileged white child - than a veteran. 

• Love 14
7 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I remember the triplets were in Desperately Seeking Susan w/ Madonna  for a few seconds.

Can Meghan please shut it,  , it's the shut down is depressing HERjust too much for HER. She really can  make everything about HER. DId anyone notice when one of the other hosts was saying how horrible it is for this group and that group,  MM says dismissively yeah, yeah it's all garbage.  Ugh , cant stand her.

OTOH, the one good thing re the shutdown is that Megs apparently is feeling some of the misery many of the rest of us have now experienced for the last 2 years.

• Love 16
On 1/22/2019 at 11:26 AM, Vanderboom said:

I'm so irritated by the discussion about confrontation between the Catholic school kids and Nathan Phillips. Really, Joy? It's about getting Trump out of office? Abby and her what would MLK think? pearl-clutching was also meaningless. It's a sad day when Whoopi is the most focused person in Hot Topics. I agreed with Sunny about the chaperones and their neglect that escalated the problem.

Meghan's "nuanced" argument is because she (rightly, in my opinion) protested the way the boys disrespected a Vietnam veteran. But because "a friend of hers" is on the side of the boys, she's willing to walk that back. I just don't understand  how taunting by the Black Hebrews makes the treatment of Mr. Phillips okay.

The smirking punk’s mother showed her ass by calling them “Black Muslims”.  How stupid do you have to be to interpret that from Hebrew and Israelites?  There’s also the fact that Phillips said they were chanting “build that wall”, which makes them all fundamentally ignorant about indigenous people and how slaves were brought to the country.

I don’t know why I’m surpised.  There are white and brown people involved.  It was obvious which side would be believed by a certain crowd. 

On 1/22/2019 at 11:32 AM, Cementhead said:

Did they really just make Whoopi apologize to the people who were offended by her bike lane comments last week?  Really?  There were people? Sure, she was riled up and full on cray cray, but come on.  Offended by a typical Whoopi rant about bike lanes? At first it sounded like she was apologizing TO the bike lanes.  Are people just getting "offended" by EVERYTHING now?  Yes.  yes, they are.  I hate the world sometimes. 

Also, Whoopi has literally conferred to Meghan at the beginning of every segment of the show so far.  I guess Meghan gets the floor first and foremost now.  Over everyone else.  "Meghan, sweetie, is there something you wanted to say, honey?"

I think she has to apologize for being so rude to the mayor.  Funny how Meghan is never held accountable for this and she does it a lot. 

Edited by RedheadZombie
Bathtub mistake. Lol.
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

That was when Joy was laughing about the prisoners getting paid, but not the guards and Abby was laughing along with her at the absurdity of it. Meghan especially hates when Abby isn't 100% with HER and laughing along with Joy Behar is a strike against HER. The woman is a complete joke.

The other day Meghan referred to herself as the only Conservative at the table.  I guess she’s the arbiter on political distinction.  Remember she accused Ana of no longer being a Republican.  Ana still worships the Bushes.  She just sees the current administration’s insanity. 

7 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Poor baby--poor, poor baby.  Can she take off the rest of 2019 to get better?  ABC?  Disney?  The View?    PLEASE!!!

At least forego all pay for as long as the federal workers have. Let’s see if she would get a clue. 

• Love 15
7 hours ago, bannana said:

When Whoopi was talking about what individuals can do to help those affected by the shutdown, just as she gets started, NutMeg shrieks:  Can I go first?  and then tells everyone who her Senators are and that people should call their Senators.  Whoopi then picks up where she left off and gives some specific and practical ideas of how people can individually help other individuals.   Now if Sunny had interrupted her like that, she would have gotten the stink eye.

This pissed me off sooo much. I'm not saying don't call your representatives, but Whoopi's point was what people can do individually to help the fed employees--offer financial help, donate to a food pantry, volunteer in some way. And Meghan has to interrupt with "call your senators!!" If she's so damn depressed about this, then get off your fat ass and do something to help those in need. 

• Love 20

I spent too much time searching for what the name of special on CNN is ,  online it makes it sound like it would be “making of “ the actual movie will be shown several time slots starting at 6 and 8 on Jan 27 and Feb 2nd. 

Was it clear on the show because I didn’t understand that! 

There are companies trying to help Fed workers such as PayPal giving $ 500 into your account no interest. 3 o’clock guy must not be working. Hopefully Fed workers are learning this. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

The smirking punk’s mother showed her ass by calling them “Black Muslims”.  How stupid do you have to be to interpret that from Hebrew and Israelites?  There’s also the fact that Phillips said they were chanting “build that wall”, which makes them all fundamentally ignorant about indigenous people and how slaves were brought to the country.

Help! I don't know how to quote this then take it to Small Talk since it's not about the show, per se. 

It wasn't smirking teen's mom who Daily Mail reported called them black Muslims. It was another mom. Daily Mail....eh!

Worthy news organizations have confirmed that "build the wall" was never heard on the recordings.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Help! I don't know how to quote this then take it to Small Talk since it's not about the show, per se. 

It wasn't smirking teen's mom who Daily Mail reported called them black Muslims. It was another mom. Daily Mail....eh!

Worthy news organizations have confirmed that "build the wall" was never heard on the recordings.

I don't trust the Daily Fail, but if it's true about the mom, I stand corrected.

The recordings however - we have no idea what happened before the recordings started.  Phillips specifically mentioned it was being chanted, and I'm finding him the most believable in this train wreck.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

press the the quote with the plus.  a little box will pop-up that say quote 1 post.  do not click it yet.  go to the other thread then click the pop-up and the quote should insert itself.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

This pissed me off sooo much. I'm not saying don't call your representatives, but Whoopi's point was what people can do individually to help the fed employees--offer financial help, donate to a food pantry, volunteer in some way. And Meghan has to interrupt with "call your senators!!" If she's so damn depressed about this, then get off your fat ass and do something to help those in need. 

[STANDS AND APPLAUDS]

33 minutes ago, falltime said:
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

press the the quote with the plus.  a little box will pop-up that say quote 1 post.  do not click it yet.  go to the other thread then click the pop-up and the quote should insert itself.

Thank you, I couldn't do it either.

Back to the Catholic School outing.  I don't mean to point out the Catholic part because I know of many Catholic schools that do education right and follow state guidelines for students and student life.  Anyways, I agree that the chaperones should have stepped in, moved the kids back and probably got everyone out of there.  Having to take kids from preschool through 12th grade I know my job is to protect those kids, keep them in line and call off an outing if needed.  The kids come first and that includes saving them from themselves at times.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

At least forego all pay for as long as the federal workers have. Let’s see if she would get a clue. 

She probably has direct deposit, never checks and has no idea when payday is or how much she makes...because it's a pittance compared to her walking-around cash.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Meghan is sick of playing politics on the show. Isn't it her "job" to be a "pundint?"  

You go, Sunny. LET ME TALK!

YASSS! We need more of THAT Sunny! Did you see Meghan take that deep sigh and look up at the ceiling afterwards? Poor, delicate Meggie, the "political analyst" who doesn't want to play politics anymore.

• Love 21

Omg lol this was classic Nutmeg temper tantrum. 

I’d be more than happy to throw a tomato at the potato! Lol

The makeup dept  went overboard with the shimmer in her inner eyes And oh god is it me but does she look bigger today? 

And shut up Abby and is Megan the only republican on the panel?  Abby never says yeah Megan me too. 

You go Joy! Lol 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Word (phrase) of the day: Greco-Roman. 

Don't forget she also used the word vociferously and petulant... I guess Megan has been reading the dictionary. Plus, Megan is the last person to ever call somebody petulant.

I wish that Sunny had said that just because Michael Cohen is not a good person does not mean he does not have useful information.  As a prosecutor, I am sure Sunny has had to use unsavory characters to nail somebody who had committed a crime. 

• Love 23

Oh God. Meghan to Joy - "people like you - people on the left - now think Michael Cohen is a good person." People like you, Meggie? Great way to generalize, as usual for you. I've not heard anybody on the left say that Cohen is suddenly "a good person." I wish Joy had said more than "not necessarily" in response but Meggie wouldn't shut the hell up. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 24

The show is called "The View" - Barbara Walters described the show as "a talk show featuring four or five women 'of different backgrounds, different generations, and different opinions,' who would discuss the topics of the day, mixing humor with intelligent debate. Someone needs to remind EVERYONE at the table of this vision. 

Also, STFU Megs! 

• Love 23

Happy Thursday 

• Elsa saying that same same over something like groundhog day - yes it is because she continues to act like the devil princess she is, she continues to admonish people, interrupts people, gets mad at people. continues to look like the angriest person on earth
  • Way#1 Elsa & her BFF are alike - Can not go a show without mentioning either daddy or their family member in the military
  • Way#2 Elsa & her BFF are alike - Either Wardrobe just plain hates them or they never listen to someone when someone says gee that does not look good on you - oh I am sorry both their egos would never think they are NOT PERFECT
  • Way #3 Elsa & her BFF are alike - They interrupt and get mad when they do not get their points across, just BFF does it with a smile whereas Elsa does it with a ice on her pouty red lips
  • I am almost threw up and Simon looked at me like what the - when Elsa said act like adults - Elsa think about what you just said act like an adults because within a split second you went right into not letting anyone speak, kept interrupting when you could not get your points, pouted like a non human being  - a true adult respects other adults but we know you are a child
  • Elsa top looks an 1800s thing out of Wyoming meets your great great grandmothers drapes meets bedspreads
  • In regards to the act about congress not getting paid - would never work even if it went through because they do not live paycheck to paycheck like most Americans do something like Princesses #1 and #2 would never never understand
  • Abby looks Anne Hathaway with her hair like that 
  • Elsa is being quite with Chris - did you see her eyes squinting - its her brain working super hard to understand one word out of his mouth
  • Love 16
26 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Word (phrase) of the day: Greco-Roman. 

And, while I kind of understood the point she was trying to make, she used the phrase incorrectly (again...).  The Greco-Roman culture was a period of peace and prosperity throughout the Roman Empire, lasting from 27 B.C. to 180 A.D. This time period provided the ideal conditions for the spread of Christianity. Greco-roman. An ancient culture that developed from a blending of Greek, Hellenistic, and Roman cultures. (copied from a Google search). 

I think she was talking about Roman forums, which were sort of central plazas in towns and villages, where the public was able to observe all kinds of things - good and bad, that took place during ancient times and cultures.  At least, I think that is what she was attempting to reference.

(ooops....she said it again during Chris Cuomo's first segment!)  :-)

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 16