Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/21/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I love Joy as well but she didn't add anything meaningful to the first segment by saying "I think we're all just trying to impeach Trump." Was it Whoopi who asked her what that had to do with what they were talking about? 

Others have tried to interpret what Joy meant, which is that people are eager to showcase Trump supporters being bad and frankly I really doubt this video would have gone viral if the student at the center if the controversy wasn't wearing a MAGA hat.

• Love 11
57 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Others have tried to interpret what Joy meant, which is that people are eager to showcase Trump supporters being bad and frankly I really doubt this video would have gone viral if the student at the center if the controversy wasn't wearing a MAGA hat.

This. I thought that her reasoning was obvious. We saw the MAGA hats and immediately thought the worst. I'm not sure why people are so confused about what Joy said.

• Love 15

Savannah Guthrie is interviewing the little twerp that was in the drummer's face tomorrow on Today.  Guess they don't teach personal space at his school.  I agree that if the kids weren't wearing MAGA hats they probably wouldn't be in the news, but, it wouldn't make them less wrong.

Joy's total obsession with all things Trump has annoyed me for a long time now. And, it can't be healthy for her.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

In my wildest imagine would I think that putting on Trump shirts and hats going to such a rally is community “ service”.

Most schools won't allow political symbols/sayings of any kind.  It is to separate kids from the adult world and let them learn and grow.  Most kids are just parroting what parents are saying and it can come back on them later in life.

2 hours ago, Aileen said:

This. I thought that her reasoning was obvious. We saw the MAGA hats and immediately thought the worst. I'm not sure why people are so confused about what Joy said.

I would never allow, buy or agree that my child wear any political clothing.  We can teach them our values by having them come with us to work in a food pantry or stand up for all people and not get nasty for differing views.  They need a foundation and don't need to be radicalized at such a young age.  What they do in college is their choice.

I will admit to being bewildered and confused as to what actually happened.  I do agree that the MAGA hat is definitely cause for pause in any situation just because of the representation.

• Love 15
13 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Did they really just make Whoopi apologize to the people who were offended by her bike lane comments last week? 

I can't think of anyone/any group who has the clout to force an apology about bike lanes.  Of course, the NYC mayor was trapped and forced to listen to HER.  She took up his time.  Perhaps he wanted some sort of apology...not necessarily the explanation she offered.

13 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Also, Whoopi has literally conferred to Meghan at the beginning of every segment of the show so far.  I guess Meghan gets the floor first and foremost now.  Over everyone else.  "Meghan, sweetie, is there something you wanted to say, honey?"

If Meghan is allowed this full-time mentor, all the other panelists get one too...of their own choosing.

• Love 8

Regarding the announcement of Fox's Bret Baier's serious car crash in Montana.  Someone made the announcement and gave hopeful thoughts/words.  I think Sunny said he is "a friend of the show."  Then both Meghan and Ahh-bee had to pipe up to let us know they know him better because they worked with him at Fox.  I'm so impressed!   (Bret and family were banged up but fine; he's back at work.)

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Regarding the announcement of Fox's Bret Baier's serious car crash in Montana.  Someone made the announcement and gave hopeful thoughts/words.  I think Sunny said he is "a friend of the show."  Then both Meghan and Ahh-bee had to pipe up to let us know they know him better because they worked with him at Fox.  I'm so impressed!   (Bret and family were banged up but fine; he's back at work.)

Yeah, this got as much time as the death of Penny Marshall and, yes, I am still bitter about that.  BB was on air today and, sure, a bad accident is scary, I have been in three.  But to merit mention on the View, and then to have Club Mabby assert their rights over being closer to him than anyone else.  Ugh.  Especially after Sunny said that ridiculous phrase, friend of the show.  That is from BaWa's era and that needs to stop. Luckily we haven't heard that in a while.  Who is not a friend of the show?  Do they have a list?

This reminds me that when Whoopi told Spike Lee he needs to come back more often, as she does with everyone, he gently challenged her and said that he needs to be invited.  Whoopi is like that person who invites you to their really nice house and says please come back, but doesn't mean it, because she never invites you again.

• Love 21

Discuss the Covington High School incident only as it relates to how it was discussed by the hosts on the show. Any recent revelations in the news that are not discussed on the show are off topic here and subject to moderation.

And warnings. 

Oh, I don't see any problem with calling Bret Baier a friend of the show. He was on not too long ago and they all had a good conversation. 

What the heck is Whoopi wearing?  Frilly orange bloomers?

Poor Meggie. The shutdown is making her so depressed. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 12

Good ole Meghan!  She even tried to make the adopted triplets about her (I have an adopted sister) .  And wow, has she been going overboard to look fun and good natured lately... even her off camera laugh while someone else is talking annoys me!! 

• Love 23
25 minutes ago, ari333 said:

MM cannot let any damn  one finish an effing sentence.  Joy tried to talk... NOPE (I wish I had a gif of her face and the way she shifted in her chair.) Whoopi was making a point.... NOPE can't finish. Sunny.... NOPE. I want one of them or all to scream, "MM, CAN I FINISH?" Or start talking over HER. sheesh

Yep!!  I also noticed today that the cross talk and interruptions between the rest of the ladies was all normal and typical ... until MM interrupts and then they all fell completely silent and let her talk.  WTF!?  This kowtowing and treating her with kid gloves is so glaringly obvious this week.  I've had enough of it.  It's the MM Show and all other hosts shall bow to her and give her all the power.  WOW.

• Love 23
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Can please shut it,  the shut down is depressing HER, it's just too much for HER. She really can  make everything about HER. DId anyone notice when one of the other hosts was saying how horrible it is for this group and that group,  MM says dismissively yeah, yeah it's all garbage.  Ugh , cant stand her.

That was when Joy was laughing about the prisoners getting paid, but not the guards and Abby was laughing along with her at the absurdity of it. Meghan especially hates when Abby isn't 100% with HER and laughing along with Joy Behar is a strike against HER. The woman is a complete joke.

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

That was when Joy was laughing about the prisoners getting paid, but not the guards and Abby was laughing along with her at the absurdity of it. Meghan especially hates when Abby isn't 100% with HER and laughing along with Joy Behar is a strike against HER. The woman is a complete joke.

Ahh, ok makes sense.  Meghan is one sour pickle. 

• Love 11
10 hours ago, bannana said:

Especially after Sunny said that ridiculous phrase, friend of the show.  That is from BaWa's era and that needs to stop. Luckily we haven't heard that in a while.  Who is not a friend of the show?  Do they have a list?

Meghan probably has a list!   Bannana...100% that phrase is embarrassing, silly, and pointless.  Must we provide a list to them of their continuing annoyances?

10 hours ago, bannana said:

This reminds me that when Whoopi told Spike Lee he needs to come back more often, as she does with everyone, he gently challenged her and said that he needs to be invited.

I showed that segment to my adult (Emmy-nominated) son, mostly to provide that tongue-bath from Whoopi to Spike AND his smug little eyebrow-raises during their planned back-and-forth about his lack of nominations for various awards.  I was rewarded then with his saying what we ALL want to hear when she tells almost every guest to "come back anytime."  It reminds me of my second date with the guy I married.  For the second time he said in a slithery tone, as I was going inside, "Y'all have sweet dreams, hear me?"  (We are not in the south; he NEVER used "y'all.)  I stopped in my tracks (Hear me?) and said, "Do you use that line on every girl?"  It was annoying and insincere...just like Whoopi's fake invitations.  (It's like a poster mentioned days ago...more "filler" from Whoopi.)

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Can Meghan please shut it,  the shut down is depressing HER, it's just too much for HER.

Poor baby--poor, poor baby.  Can she take off the rest of 2019 to get better?  ABC?  Disney?  The View?    PLEASE!!!

• Love 15

Isn't it true that Whoopi hooked Meghan up with this job?  Because she was such close friends with John McCain?  If that is in fact true, I hope Orange Bloomers is enjoying not being the most powerful person at the table anymore.  That's gotta really be getting to her, what with being The Moderator and oh, an EGOT.  None of that shit matters now that Meghan is at the table.   She runs the show.  Her mood and her interests get to dictate how things roll now, not Orange Bloomers.  And you know she would not be putting up with this from anybody else.  But since she's responsible for inflicting Meghan on us, she's kinda screwed.  Karma, yes, she is a bitch!

• Love 15

I actually rented that documentary, Three Identical Strangers, a few months back and I thought it was really good. This show did a terrible job of promoting it because they gave away all the secrets. It is still an interesting story and worth the watch.

• Love 8

Why is Meghan so obsessed with  her "home state" Arizona? Does she know that she lives in New York? 

She wanted Martha McSally to do something, I couldn't bother to listen close enough!

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 12

When Whoopi was talking about what individuals can do to help those affected by the shutdown, just as she gets started, NutMeg shrieks:  Can I go first?  and then tells everyone who her Senators are and that people should call their Senators.  Whoopi then picks up where she left off and gives some specific and practical ideas of how people can individually help other individuals.   Now if Sunny had interrupted her like that, she would have gotten the stink eye.

So what the hell was going on during the Patrick Stewart interview?  Joy was talking to Patrick, the camera pulled out and Whoopi was pointing to the floor in the audience past NutMeg.  Then NutMeg obviously turns around and points in the same direction.  Even Patrick looked in that direction.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, bannana said:

NutMeg shrieks:  Can I go first?  and then tells everyone who her Senators are and that people should call their Senators. 

I haven't watched the show yet..."prolly" can't until this afternoon.  Please tell me that Meghan didn't mention SINEMA (yay!) and McSALLY (meh) as her senators.  She hasn't lived in Arizona for years...probably since she left for college.  

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I actually rented that documentary, Three Identical Strangers, a few months back and I thought it was really good. This show did a terrible job of promoting it because they gave away all the secrets. It is still an interesting story and worth the watch.

I saw it in the theater and was shocked that such a thing happened and to so many. Tragic really and how pray tell is MM having an adopted sister relate to these men and their story? 

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I saw it in the theater and was shocked that such a thing happened and to so many. Tragic really and how pray tell is MM having an adopted sister relate to these men and their story? 

It truly is absurd the way that Meghan insists on making every topic about her. IF she and Abby had an adopted sister who was later found out to actually be a triplet, then her bringing up her and Abby having adopted sisters would be appropriate. Simply having an adopted sibling is not that rare and is totally unrelated to these men's story.

• Love 22

I'm glad they finally acknowledged the Preggers Chair lol.  And just changing the seat cover, reupholster it, won't work.  it's still alive LOL. Burn the chair! Burn the chair! Burn the chair!  Nothing short of a new chair will be accepted.  So it is told.....

• Love 8
3 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I saw it too and other victims of the Louise Wise adoption agency have turned up in the aftermath on shows like Long Lost Family and Finding Your Roots.  Did Mother Teresa's Orphanage deceive Bridget's mother too - if not, STFU, Meghan.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 10

Abby brought up that lawmakers are still getting paid.  She mentioned some are giving their salaries to charity.  My two senators are doing that.  I'm sure someone has list somewhere with the names of who is and who isn't donating their salaries.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I remember the triplets were in Desperately Seeking Susan w/ Madonna  for a few seconds.

They always break my heart.

2 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

OT: I wore black bloomers with striped tights during my Goth Years. Not a classic look, but I never looked THAT ridiculous. 

On topic: Shut up, Meghan. 

Were you 63 years old at the time (chronologically), and did you wear them on a broadcast network talk show, of which you were moderator and co-host? 

1 hour ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Does anyone know if it is available on Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime (for free, that is)? Yes, I could search, but I don't wanna.

I was always fascinated by their story. I remember when it hit People magazine, etc. I don't really think there is that much that hasn't been covered. They did a lot of press on the film last year, maybe before Sundance. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, General Days said:

I thought the CNN thing was a different one. Sorry. 

The other documentary they talked about, the one about the Fyre Music Festival is on Netflix.  But there is also one on Hulu.  I honestly don't know which one they were talking about.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm glad Sunny brought up the fact that the shutdown doesn't even make sense anymore even if Trump was thinking of the wall in the first place and wondered what the real reason behind all this is? I think Joy is right that impeding the progress of the FBI investigating his crimes is the only goal of the shutdown.

I enjoy Abby's camaraderie with Joy and Sunny. She's always laughing at Joy, and she and Joy are talking good-naturedly as the camera zooms out. Meanwhile, whenever they're going to commercial McCain looks like she's either 1.) pouting to herself or 2.) screaming at the others for daring to interrupt or disagree with her, throwing her arms up in the air in a rage.

This is true. During the breaks they’re all cozy with one another laughing and chatting while Megan is normally off to side on her own pouting or getting her hair or makeup retouched. 

Edited by WonderWuman73
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Isn't it true that Whoopi hooked Meghan up with this job?  Because she was such close friends with John McCain?  If that is in fact true, I hope Orange Bloomers is enjoying not being the most powerful person at the table anymore.  That's gotta really be getting to her, what with being The Moderator and oh, an EGOT.  None of that shit matters now that Meghan is at the table.   She runs the show.  Her mood and her interests get to dictate how things roll now, not Orange Bloomers.  And you know she would not be putting up with this from anybody else.  But since she's responsible for inflicting Meghan on us, she's kinda screwed.  Karma, yes, she is a bitch!

Lol, I was thinking the same the other day. When Meghan declared politicians would no longer get a pass on The View, things have changed or what ever else she said..  I know Joy pushed back a little but I was curious what whoopi thought of MM lifting her leg and claiming the view as hers?

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 14
36 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

The other documentary they talked about, the one about the Fyre Music Festival is on Netflix.  But there is also one on Hulu.  I honestly don't know which one they were talking about.

No I specifically thought the triplets were there today to promote the CNN documentary, but that the one coming to CNN was a different documentary about them, than the thing they were promoting last year. I was just wrong (and don't shive a git about the Fyre scam). 

Edited by General Days
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

The one they showed was the  Netflix one. That's the one where one of them said he was willing to do sexual favours in order to clear water from customs, because he wanted Billy's dream to come to fruition.

That moment was so wild it made me laugh and even though it's horrifying, because Billy told this gentlemen to take one for the team as their gay guy, it made me kind of admire that Billy was able to get someone to stoop that low for him. That kind of power for a festival that was doomed from the beginning is just wild.

[For context, they had Evian water that was being held by customs and they didn't have the money to clear it. So Billy decides to use this older gentleman, who happens to be gay, and convinces him to suck dick (the guy's words) so that they could get the water. This guy was willing to do it, but when he got there the customs guy just said take the water.]

The Hulu one has interviews with the guy and goes more into his other scams. I've heard that they compliment each other, since one has things that the other doesn't have. I definitely recommend it, especially since the only people who come off looking good are the Bahamians and the pilot guy who got fired due to logistics. The rest look like crooks.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 4

Yesterday show did a terrible job trying to explain why not to jump to conclusions with the students and naitive American story.  They did not change my opinion at all.  Sonny is the only one who really made good points.  

Megan really does not to learn not to interrupt she might learn something if she would listen once in a while. 

• Love 18