Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

She congratulated her on IG. Perhaps it was an act, but I’m not willing to label her as a homophobe without knowing more, and I say that as someone who is not a Rachel fan.

I agree, but people still can be homophobic and wish their friend well even in a same sex relationship so idk 

• Love 4
(edited)
27 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I agree, but people still can be homophobic and wish their friend well even in a same sex relationship so idk 

Oh, no doubt. I was just responding to what was her reaction about the Jinelle news, but I agree that it doesn’t necessarily say one way or another about how she really feels. Don’t get me started on the “I’m not racist bc i have black friends” type of trope. However, I’m curious if there’s an actual basis for the comment about her. I would want that before believing it if the statement was made about someone who i liked, so fair is fair. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 6
On 5/7/2019 at 4:56 AM, Roo22 said:

I'm confused as to why people are saying Rachel W is a terrible person.

Me too.

On 5/7/2019 at 4:56 AM, Roo22 said:

Other than that, I really like all the rookies... I know Gabby has struggled with weight so I wouldn't be shocked if she was cut. I think Cianna is adorable and I really hope they keep her. I also really like Taylor... She may be tall but she seems very down to earth to me. And she looked awesome at the calendar shoot

Exactly.

I don't get the whole animosity towards Rachel W. No way she is a bad person.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Me too.

Exactly.

I don't get the whole animosity towards Rachel W. No way she is a bad person.

That is a matter of opinion. 

I am a firm believer that your social media is just an extension of yourself. I was in a wives group at our last duty station and one of our members was completely 2 faced. If you met her at a meeting or had a conversation with her, you'd think she was the sweetest most caring person you'd ever meet. She never once passed on the opportunity to help others or lend an ear.  But, if you went into some of our areas facebook groups, she was an absolute troll. She bad mouthed, gossiped, spread rumors, was outright hateful...etc. When she asked me why I didn't want to invite her to something I was honest---how you present yourself to the world matters. Was she a nice person caught up in the anonymity of a computer? Absolutely. Was I willing to associate with that? Absolutely not.

Rachel W. is no different. Yes, she comes across as sweet and polished for the camera. But dig under that orange surface and all you see is hateful rhetoric, ignorance, entitlement and privilege.

• Useful 3
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

That is a matter of opinion. 

I am a firm believer that your social media is just an extension of yourself. I was in a wives group at our last duty station and one of our members was completely 2 faced. If you met her at a meeting or had a conversation with her, you'd think she was the sweetest most caring person you'd ever meet. She never once passed on the opportunity to help others or lend an ear.  But, if you went into some of our areas facebook groups, she was an absolute troll. She bad mouthed, gossiped, spread rumors, was outright hateful...etc. When she asked me why I didn't want to invite her to something I was honest---how you present yourself to the world matters. Was she a nice person caught up in the anonymity of a computer? Absolutely. Was I willing to associate with that? Absolutely not.

Rachel W. is no different. Yes, she comes across as sweet and polished for the camera. But dig under that orange surface and all you see is hateful rhetoric, ignorance, entitlement and privilege.

IMO. The more polite, the more they're hiding their true nature.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Oh, no doubt. I was just responding to what was her reaction about the Jinelle news, but I agree that it doesn’t necessarily say one way or another about how she really feels. Don’t get me started on the “I’m not racist bc i have black friends” type of trope. However, I’m curious if there’s an actual basis for the comment about her. I would want that before believing it if the statement was made about someone who i liked, so fair is fair. 

I remember a post that said they had a gay friend, but was shocked that Jinelle was gay. At the time I didn't understand what that meant.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, J-R said:

I saw a live story a couple of weeks ago, I think, that implied she was back in TX.  I have been wondering if she is ok

7 hours ago, go4luca said:

I don't know.  I've wondered why she hasn't posted any updates or live stories for quite some time.

Another dancer from Explorer that I follow would take lots of photos with Dayton and he hasn’t had her in any of his photos for a while now. This and a group shot she was’t in led me to believe she possibly wasn’t on the ship any longer but I could be wrong. 

Edited by Cruisegirl
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

It is not fair for people to label Rachel as a racist or homophobic just because she is a conservative. I have read lots of post alluding to that.  It is also offensive to say, "I'm not a racist bc I have black friends" in a condescending way. Lesson here is if you don't want someone to label you, then don't label them. Now back to DCC talk.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Cruisegirl said:

Her Instagram recently changed and it now says she is from Texas and not an RCCL dancer. So it does look like she is back home. 

• Love 3
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

Her Instagram recently changed and it now says she is from Texas and not an RCCL dancer. So it does look like she is back home. 

I hope she's okay.  I hope she didn't suffer a dance injury.

Edited by go4luca
17 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

I hope she is ok. She is so close with her mom that I wonder if she just is one of those people that needs to be closer.  

38 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

That explains her missing from ship photos and no longer documenting her adventures. 

• Love 1
On 5/7/2019 at 2:29 PM, Cruisegirl said:

I was under the impression it wasn’t up yet as the contract was for 8 months if I remember correctly. I noticed she hasn’t posted any photos of her cruise life recently. I wonder what’s up as she said she wouldn’t be back for auditions this season. How do you know she is back in Texas? 

If I remember correctly, her contract started in September; so if it was for 8 months, it would be up.

• Love 2

Back to the topic of who could be cut from the current squad in the upcoming auditions, the ones that impress me the least are Christina, Savannah, and both Rachels. This is based solely on how they stand-out to me with their dancing, nothing about politics or their personal beliefs.

I am a Gabby fan. I think she is stunning and a talented dancer. Since we all know that Victoria will be making the team this next season and the odds of her being overweight are 100%, then cutting any veteran for weight is absolutely unacceptable.

I'm also a Daphne fan. In fact, my favorite rookies are Daphne, Jalyn, and Bridget. But like others, I find her weight concerning. I hope she shows up to auditions at a healthy weight.

I'm undecided on triangle/point because my vote was for Khalyn at point, and then she decided to retire. 😞

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

If I remember correctly, her contract started in September; so if it was for 8 months, it would be up.

I think she left at the end of September and it was a 9 month contract cause she would be out of the country during auditions.  She was supposed to be in Europe about now and Shelly was planning two cruises out of Southhampton.  So, who knows?

I just hope she is okay.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think she left at the end of September and it was a 9 month contract cause she would be out of the country during auditions.  She was supposed to be in Europe about now and Shelly was planning two cruises out of Southhampton.  So, who knows?

I just hope she is okay.

I hope she is ok too. Anyone think she will audition again?  I doubt she will but you never know. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

I just hope she is okay.

Me too.  I'd been hoping for her that she's been having a beautiful experience, dancing and wandering the world both - but if she's not, for whatever reason, I hope she's doing well where she is.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, KatieC said:

I hope she is ok too. Anyone think she will audition again?  I doubt she will but you never know. 

1 minute ago, raindancer said:

Me too.  I'd been hoping for her that she's been having a beautiful experience, dancing and wandering the world both - but if she's not, for whatever reason, I hope she's doing well where she is.

I wanted her to travel the world and have experiences while she was young enough to do so.  I don't want her to come back and audition unless she is ready - and I don't just mean physically, but mentally and emotionally.  I hope she is still on the ship.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I just hope she is okay.

Thinking  back over the past few weeks, some of Shelly's instastory's, at the time I saw them, made me think..mmmm..I wonder if something is going on with Dayton.  Of course the Insta's are gone now and I cannot remember exactly what they were but they did make me sort of scratch my head and think.  I dismissed it thinking that I was overthinking, maybe there was something there afterall.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, J-R said:

Thinking  back over the past few weeks, some of Shelly's instastory's, at the time I saw them, made me think..mmmm..I wonder if something is going on with Dayton.  Of course the Insta's are gone now and I cannot remember exactly what they were but they did make me sort of scratch my head and think.  I dismissed it thinking that I was overthinking, maybe there was something there afterall.

There were quite a few about making mistakes and moving on or learning from them.  I remember they were all in one day and I wondered who did what:/

• Love 3
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

There were quite a few about making mistakes and moving on or learning from them.  I remember they were all in one day and I wondered who did what:/

I too hope she is ok!! I’m also very excited for this audition season. 

(edited)
17 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I remember seeing that. If my parents only knew what I was up to when I was Dayton's age ... We've all been there. 

Edited by BringItOn
  • Love 4

The best thing for Dayton is to not try out for the squad again. She has a lot of opportunities out there instead of being on a television show where she would be use by Kelli, Charlotte and CMT. At least she has parents who has her best interest at heart. Not like helicopter Tina who uses her daughter for her gains.

11 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I don’t believe it’s up yet as the remainder of the cast in her training group are still there. After the contract expires they all leave for time off ( I was told this by a dancer one year but maybe that’s changed ) and then apply again if they want to continue with the company. Oh well, I hope she is okay and that she finds what she wants with her life and career.  She seems like a sweet girl 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I wonder if Brianna will try out again? I think she is so pretty but I have no idea what her dancing is really like. She is good friends with Tara and current DCC Amber. 

Yet ANOTHER gorgeous and FIT woman, excluded from Finals/TC for the sake of VK.

• Love 1

I forgot about rookie Madeline, but for some reason, I could see her getting cut if they have to cut someone. I don’t think she’s a poor dancer, and I think she’s very pretty, but she just seems like someone who could fall prey to the “she was good, but she should be great” sort of thing. I don’t know. She kind of reminds me of Meghan from years ago who seemed to be cut for no real reason.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

I forgot about rookie Madeline, but for some reason, I could see her getting cut if they have to cut someone. I don’t think she’s a poor dancer, and I think she’s very pretty, but she just seems like someone who could fall prey to the “she was good, but she should be great” sort of thing. I don’t know. She kind of reminds me of Meghan from years ago who seemed to be cut for no real reason.

Brace yourself for more of that ....  CMT MTT VK part 2, 

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Meghan F? She could not dance, and Charlotte wanted her in TC because of her looking like Julia Roberts. You could tell Kelli and Judy did not want to take her back in Season 5.

21 minutes ago, BringItOn said:

Brace yourself for more of that ....  CMT MTT VK part 2, 

Bite your tongue.

(edited)
28 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

There’s always a vet or two that falls on Charlotte’s $hit list at auditions for that. You could be right that Madeline might be one if she didn’t kiss up enough (aka Ann Luxe). 

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Meghan F? She could not dance, and Charlotte wanted her in TC because of her looking like Julia Roberts. You could tell Kelli and Judy did not want to take her back in Season 5.

Bite your tongue.

Maybe she meant Meghan Michelle who was cut with the other 4 vets (Jenna, Kamilah, Alyssa, Cassie K).

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I was in a wives group at our last duty station and one of our members was completely 2 faced. If you met her at a meeting or had a conversation with her, you'd think she was the sweetest most caring person you'd ever meet. She never once passed on the opportunity to help others or lend an ear.  But, if you went into some of our areas facebook groups, she was an absolute troll. She bad mouthed, gossiped, spread rumors, was outright hateful...etc. When she asked me why I didn't want to invite her to something I was honest---how you present yourself to the world matters. Was she a nice person caught up in the anonymity of a computer? Absolutely. Was I willing to associate with that? Absolutely not.

My sister in law has always said that the Officers' Wives Club is the biggest hive of Queen Bees and Wanabees she's ever come across.

41 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Maybe she meant Meghan Michelle who was cut with the other 4 vets (Jenna, Kamilah, Alyssa, Cassie K).

Yep, I was thinking about that Meghan (rookie in season 6).

4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I was thinking Megan with the "thutt"

UGH!!! I am still piss off after seeing what they did to her. Her shape was fine, and why did they take her to TC in the first place because they probably would have notice her shape during auditions. The poor girl was probably taken to TC so they would have someone to cut.

Now I'm not a VK fan at all, but I don't dislike her as much as some people do. I did hate the show shoving her down our throats, and K and C acting like she was so amazing, and her immaturity. I know she probably isn't a fit for the team, but I think because of who she is and how much they favored her, they will give her at least one year on the team. Then they could see how she would really be on a team. But I think one is enough lol and I really wouldn't be that mad about it. But if she remains heavy and out of shape like she was last year, then I think she shouldn't get a chance. I'm not sure how she is looking nowadays, but if she looks like last year she shouldn't even make it to finals or training camp. Of course that one year on the team doesn't have to be this year. She can go and do other things with her life for a couple years and come back and still have plenty of time to be on the team for however many years she wants to, if she makes it and is cut out for it. She could get better 🤷 ha

(edited)
41 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

UGH!!! I am still piss off after seeing what they did to her. Her shape was fine, and why did they take her to TC in the first place because they probably would have notice her shape during auditions. The poor girl was probably taken to TC so they would have someone to cut.

If we're talking about the woman who got cut for being "thick" but fit and a great dancer, I saw that episode after the whole VK drama and I was completely appalled. How dare they, she was 2000x more fit and a better dancer than VK could ever be.

Edited by BringItOn
  • Love 5

If VK comes to TC overweight, then she's risking an injury.       I can't believe the punishment their bodies are subjected to, but for every extra pound, it's that much more stress on the joints.      DCC is not worth ruining your body for life trying to get on the field. 

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

If VK comes to TC overweight, then she's risking an injury.       I can't believe the punishment their bodies are subjected to, but for every extra pound, it's that much more stress on the joints.      DCC is not worth ruining your body for life trying to get on the field. 

You are absolutely right. I mostly remember her being winded and sweating like a hog in TCC. She won't have the stamina and/or the physicality to dance 3 hours straight with no breaks. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

My sister in law has always said that the Officers' Wives Club is the biggest hive of Queen Bees and Wanabees she's ever come across.

She isn't wrong. 

I don't know what happened with RCCL & Dayton, but I do hope she is okay. I also pray that we do not see her at auditions again. Frankly, the DCC doesn't deserve her. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Lmr29 said:

Stephanie Dibiase is teaching again pro prep— to Ol Town Road. I don’t know how they keep hiring her? She needs to stop while she’s ahead . 

I just watched the vid. I have no words.

• LOL 4
12 hours ago, Cruisegirl said:

I don’t believe it’s up yet as the remainder of the cast in her training group are still there. After the contract expires they all leave for time off ( I was told this by a dancer one year but maybe that’s changed ) and then apply again if they want to continue with the company. Oh well, I hope she is okay and that she finds what she wants with her life and career.  She seems like a sweet girl 

Yeah, her group trained in November, went shipboard right around Thanksgiving. She wasn't supposed to be home yet.

There are a lot of reasons she might have left mid-contract though. Injuries being a huge one, if you have an injury you can't perform with, for anything more than a few days, they often will send people home. There is of course stuff that can get you let go, from missing ship safety drill assignments to inappropriate behavior with guests (which can even be some pretty innocuous stuff) to just being too inebriated and the wrong person noticing. It's also not unusual for people to just not be able to handle the lifestyle. While performers jobs may not be as grueling as others on a cruise ship, on some lines the amount they are expected to do would surprise many. For instance RCCL, you typically have 3 or 4 of your own shows, plus several events like 70s night or the parade, plus teaching lessons, plus stuff like running spotlights for stuff like the ice dancing show... they give performers lots of random jobs and it really starts adding up. You don't get any days off, you just have some days where you get certain hours off. It would not say anything negative about Dayton if it wasn't something she was able enjoy.

• Love 2