Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

I'm a little bit behind but: 

The one that annoys me: Madeline, Rachel W

The one who I hope stays healthy and takes care of herself: Daphne, Gabby 

Ones who I rarely think about: Alanna, Amber

Ones who grew on me as the season went on: Ashlee, Caroline, Hannah, Jayln

Ones who I think don't get enough credit/are underrated: Briana, Cianna, Erin

My favorite ones this season: Brennan, Bridget, Taylor

2 hours ago, Lona said:

Curious. There was this girl Lindsey from last season, flamed out during finals interviews. Didn't know what position Ezekiel Elliott played (or at least I think it was Ezekiel. not sure.) Does anyone know if she is trying out again?

Lindsey Witt. I don’t think she had indicated on social media if she is trying out again.  

3 hours ago, PhilForPoint said:

Maybe she was afraid of falling off the stage, but Kashara looks like she’s marking to me. Literally every other performer ( including those traditionally felt to be blenders) are showing more power in these videos

Interesting POV.  I watched the videos twice and don’t notice KaShara marking moves as I understand marking.  Her extension seems fine.  It does seem as though she kept getting slightly behind the beat in places, and had to catch up.  Or, surprisingly, she kept forgetting the choreography.  Perhaps, it was low energy and enthusiasm.  Overall, it was a fine performance IMHO, but lacked her normal sparkle.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/14/2019 at 10:00 PM, TennInTexas said:

Fudge. Typed out a big 'ol long post, only to have it sign me out and not keep or post it! 

First post, long time watcher and been following y'all at least a year. Y'all are amazing. Never needed to post cause you've always said it- and said it far more eloquently than I would've anyway. 

I just wondered if anyone has heard if Kristin Dodd is re-auditioning? She's gorgeous, fun to watch and she's the sign-language girl, right? I really hope she's matured and gained some confidence. She came off pretty timid last year, and I think the enormous flash eyelashes made her look sleepy. She's a pretty girl, doesn't need those. Hope she returns...

Dead Horse- I REALLY hope VK doesn't re-audition. Been watching since S1 and I can't remember any TCC coming off as a more inappropriate and ill-prepared candidate as her. Pleeeeeese Judy, for the love of humanity, say SOMETHING!! I don't have a second of dance training and even I can see she's noodley, s****** and a half beat ahead or behind the music! #scottisnotwrong! 

Heather for point, Maddie and Amy on either side. 

Kristin is re-auditioning.  I am almost positive all of the girls who were cut in camp are trying out again, though it is 100% positive some changed their minds about it this spring. 

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, DCCFan197605 said:

Interesting POV.  I watched the videos twice and don’t notice KaShara marking moves as I understand marking.  Her extension seems fine.  It does seem as though she kept getting slightly behind the beat in places, and had to catch up.  Or, surprisingly, she kept forgetting the choreography.  Perhaps, it was low energy and enthusiasm.  Overall, it was a fine performance IMHO, but lacked her normal sparkle.

In my opinion, none of the girls look good during the dance part. They all look like they had no energy aka phoning it in. The kicks and jump split look great, but the rest of the performance was blah to me.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Can someone explain "marking it" to me? I remember when Kelli told Kelsey she was doing that.

It's when you do the choreography, but without full performance-level energy. It's mainly for the sake of remembering choreo and positions.

Edited by veronicamers
added a line
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

Love Stephanie! I think she is so underrated! One of my faves from the amazing rookie class of season 10! 😊

Me too. She's from my state, Wisconsin and a former Milwaukee Bucks Energee dancer. Stephanie and Kelli Jo (season 2) are the only 2 WI girls who made the DCC.

• Love 2
(edited)

I am sooooo sick of Thunderstruck. I love me some AC/DC, but enough is enough. Furthermore, I think the Cowboys can choose a much better beer than (edited for the purpose of clarification) Miller Lite. 🤢 Raise your standards, guys! Even Bud regular from the tap is better and that's not saying much. 

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I'm glad I am not the only one who is annoyed by her.

It is not just you..She annoys me..ALOT!

• Love 2
14 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Tina mentioned that she called out Stephanie (and I think, Tasha) for weight cause she battled with hers when she was a DCC.  However, her own daughter put on how many pounds in how many weeks and she didn't notice?  Or is her view of VK that warped that she doesn't get concerned and question that maybe VK is feeling the pressure?

It is okay for her daughter, but it is all wrong for other DCCs.

4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Kristin is re-auditioning.  I am almost positive all of the girls who were cut in camp are trying out again, though it is 100% positive some changed their minds about it this spring. 

Tara too ?

15 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Tara is better off not being a DCC. She is too good for them in my opinion.

Agreed, but it also means the fanbase can't enjoy her anymore 😢

• Love 2
On 5/15/2019 at 4:20 PM, Michele Butler said:

Speaking of VK, I can only imagine during the media training episode last season, if they posed the "Me Too" movement question to her instead of Tyler T. One, I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't familiar with it, and secondly- if she was -she would have a difficult time verbalizing it. She had a hard time conveying what it meant to be a legacy, I recall. I wonder if Kelli would have freaked and gone ballistic on her- or cut her for it?? I don't think so. It would have been a slight slap on the wrist, while encouraging her to get her news from different sources. It would have been swept under the rug, no way would K be " speechless" or find that "embarrassing." Just saying. 

There's probably a reason they gave her the legacy question and not the "Me Too" or flag football question -- it was seen as a safe question and she still fumbled it.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

I am sooooo sick of Thunderstruck. I love me some AC/DC, but enough is enough. Furthermore, I think the Cowboys can choose a much better beer than Bud Lite. 🤢 Raise your standards, guys! Even Bud regular from the tap is better and that's not saying much. 

ME TOO!  Plus I have always had an issue with America’s Sweethearts dancing to that song.

The lyrics 🤦🏽‍♀️ “We met some girls, Some dancers who gave a good time”. They are talking about strippers, not our precious girls next door.

And “I was shaking at the knees, could I come again please”. 🤔 hmm No bueno!  New song and dance please!!!

• Love 1
20 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Tina mentioned that she called out Stephanie (and I think, Tasha) for weight cause she battled with hers when she was a DCC.  However, her own daughter put on how many pounds in how many weeks and she didn't notice?  Or is her view of VK that warped that she doesn't get concerned and question that maybe VK is feeling the pressure?

One of the first things Victoria said on camera was that she was going to struggle with her weight/have to watch it because her mother did when she was a DCC (because, you know, she isn't really an actual individual, but an extension of Tina -- Tina 2.0). I'm sure it's probably something she has heard all of her life -- I had/have to struggle with my weight, so you will to.

I did feel like she was almost giving herself permission/resigning herself to the fact that she would have a weight problem, so why fight it? It's going to be a problem whether I have that milkshake or not, so might as well go ahead and have it.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

I am sooooo sick of Thunderstruck. I love me some AC/DC, but enough is enough. Furthermore, I think the Cowboys can choose a much better beer than Bud Lite. 🤢 Raise your standards, guys! Even Bud regular from the tap is better and that's not saying much. 

Shelly said something about a survey and fans wanted tradition, I think.   I don't think they meant the same song every single solitary year, every appearance, every everything.  I don't blame the girls for appearing to be marking the routine - I'm sure it gets old.  Some say that DCC from years past had it easy when it came to routines - no, they had to learn a new pregame routine every time.  They weren't stuck with this one.  

If I were a fan in the stadium, since I have heard this song and seen this routine over and over, I would probably use this time to go to the restroom, grab a beer and nachos, or talk with friends.  Now, if there were a new song and routine every game, I might sit and watch.  If I were a DCC, I would probably be excited to dance to something new.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, KickPretty said:

ME TOO!  Plus I have always had an issue with America’s Sweethearts dancing to that song.

The lyrics 🤦🏽‍♀️ “We met some girls, Some dancers who gave a good time”. They are talking about strippers, not our precious girls next door.

And “I was shaking at the knees, could I come again please”. 🤔 hmm No bueno!  New song and dance please!!!

In my opinion, the girls are nothing but eye candy for men and are not America's Sweethearts or the girl next girl. Sex sells, and Kelli and Charlotte are capitalizing on it by parading the girls out on the field with their sexy dancing and outfits.

3 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

One of the first things Victoria said on camera was that she was going to struggle with her weight/have to watch it because her mother did when she was a DCC (because, you know, she isn't really an actual individual, but an extension of Tina -- Tina 2.0). I'm sure it's probably something she has heard all of her life -- I had/have to struggle with my weight, so you will to.

I did feel like she was almost giving herself permission/resigning herself to the fact that she would have a weight problem, so why fight it? It's going to be a problem whether I have that milkshake or not, so might as well go ahead and have it.

Insightful observation.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

In my opinion, the girls are nothing but eye candy for men and are not America's Sweethearts or the girl next girl. Sex sells, and Kelli and Charlotte are capitalizing on it by parading the girls out on the field with their sexy dancing and outfits.

And the girls willfully sign up for it.

• Love 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Shelly said something about a survey and fans wanted tradition, I think.   I don't think they meant the same song every single solitary year, every appearance, every everything.  I don't blame the girls for appearing to be marking the routine - I'm sure it gets old.  Some say that DCC from years past had it easy when it came to routines - no, they had to learn a new pregame routine every time.  They weren't stuck with this one.  

If I were a fan in the stadium, since I have heard this song and seen this routine over and over, I would probably use this time to go to the restroom, grab a beer and nachos, or talk with friends.  Now, if there were a new song and routine every game, I might sit and watch.  If I were a DCC, I would probably be excited to dance to something new.

The fans are there to watch the game. The girls are just an added bonus. Kelli wants us to believe all eyes are on the girls the whole time the game is playing. I am sure there are some people who keep looking at the girls, but lets face it, the fans are more interested in the game.

Edited by bigskygirl
(edited)
14 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The fans are there to watch the game. The girls are just an added bonus. Kelli wants us to believe all eyes are on the girls the whole time the game is playing. I am sure there are some people who keep looking at the girls, but lets face it, the fans are more interested in the game.

You mean this guy? 😊

Screenshot_2019-05-16-17-52-11.png

Edited by hannahbanana
  • LOL 7
(edited)

people really do not watch the girls at the games, in fact some people wish the girls were not there that they are a distraction to the game.  Mostly family watches the girls. In fact the noise of their poms really makes some people mad.

Edited by bigskygirl
3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

people really do not watch the girls at the games, in fact some people wish the girls were not there that they are a distraction to the game.  Mostly family watches the girls.

I agree.  No one (except us and dance aficionados) give two shits about the DCC. Or straight lines 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

I agree.  No one (except us and dance aficionados) give two shits about the DCC. Or straight lines 

Oh the drama of not having straight lines. Stay tune for the continuing drama of Will the DCCs Form Straight Lines on Game Day.

1 hour ago, hannahbanana said:

There's probably a reason they gave her the legacy question and not the "Me Too" or flag football question -- it was seen as a safe question and she still fumbled it.

Pun intended? 🙂

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I definitely think people watch the DCCs, at the very least during quarter changes. The screen is so big and prevalent that you can't miss them if you're in your seat, but during the rest of the game - nope. You basically have to make an effort to watch them. They're off to the side and not all that visible. Like the Lakers Girls, the DCCs are well known in their own right, so I do think that they probably get more attention than dancers on other teams, but of course, no one is going to the game to see them. If they did away with the cheerleaders, the game would go on lol. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I definitely think people watch the DCCs, at the very least during quarter changes. The screen is so big and prevalent that you can't miss them if you're in your seat, but during the rest of the game - nope. You basically have to make an effort to watch them. They're off to the side and not all that visible. Like the Lakers Girls, the DCCs are well known in their own right, so I do think that they probably get more attention than dancers on other teams, but of course, no one is going to the game to see them. If they did away with the cheerleaders, the game would go on lol. 

The view of the girls on the sideline from my seats this past season 

4F6D69CB-1D08-4638-8596-389AA48C33D8.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

The view of the girls on the sideline from my seats this past season 

4F6D69CB-1D08-4638-8596-389AA48C33D8.jpeg

That's about what I remember. I could see one group pretty well - whichever was in front of us during the quarter. I had an ok view of the group across the field from us, but it was hard to see the other two groups at all without straining since they're on each end of the field to the side, obviously away from the football teams. It's also hard to make out who was who, so it made more sense (to me) to just wait for them to be on the big screen, which they were a lot lol.

I do think that the big screen cannot be understated for what it does to the DCC's visibility. I've been to the new Falcons stadium multiple times, and it also has a huge screen at the center of the stadium. However, it's nowhere as 'in your face' as the Cowboys stadium screen is. I've found that the lower you are in Cowboys Stadium, it's easier to look past the screen, but when you're it the top section, it's difficult to look at anything else, so the cheerleaders are very visible to those fans during breaks and quarter changes. 

4 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

That's about what I remember. I could see one group pretty well - whichever was in front of us during the quarter. I had an ok view of the group across the field from us, but it was hard to see the other two groups at all without straining since they're on each end of the field to the side, obviously away from the football teams. It's also hard to make out who was who, so it made more sense (to me) to just wait for them to be on the big screen, which they were a lot lol.

I do think that the big screen cannot be understated for what it does to the DCC's visibility. I've been to the new Falcons stadium multiple times, and it also has a huge screen at the center of the stadium. However, it's nowhere as 'in your face' as the Cowboys stadium screen is. I've found that the lower you are in Cowboys Stadium, it's easier to look past the screen, but when you're it the top section, it's difficult to look at anything else, so the cheerleaders are very visible to those fans during breaks and quarter changes. 

Yeah that big screen can be unforgiving you will see every mess up the girls have I even caught Gina messing up on the entrance 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

I’m horrified that I know this....but Miller Lite is the official beer of the Cowboys (and my ex-husband!) - if it makes it any better. I also noticed the Lite sign behind them, and I often wonder what archeologists thousands of years in the future are going to think about our society when they do excavations of our cultural centers. Cheers! 🍻

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 5/14/2019 at 9:42 PM, sleepyjean said:

Tiffany went to see Marshall and got her hair cut. She looks fantastic!  I really hope she does well at auditions!

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

This gentleman won’t be trying out after all.  He had something on his stories about not being there to support everyone.  

I'm not sure if he moved, or is just visiting but he has been in California. He visited Christi Fisher former AAIA who tried out last year and also moved out there. I had wondered if he would come back and try again or not. 

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

This gentleman won’t be trying out after all.  He had something on his stories about not being there to support everyone.  

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

He outdances her by a mile...in her other videos she's looked fine, but compared to him...she is soft and "noodley".  She's a beautiful girl though and I wish her luck 🙂

• Love 1
11 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

people really do not watch the girls at the games, in fact some people wish the girls were not there that they are a distraction to the game.  Mostly family watches the girls. In fact the noise of their poms really makes some people mad.

I can't imagine anyone more than 10 feet away from the DCC at a football game would even be able to hear their poms.

I remember the demo they did in practice in season 12 (I think) where Tara did a great job making noise with their poms- and even then, with no fans or game, it was barely audible.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/16/2019 at 6:20 PM, KickPretty said:

They could go the ironic route and use Elle King's  "America's Sweetheart".

Edited by Muckypup61
Wrong song title
11 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

What’s the audition schedule again? First round today and then semis tomorrow, with finals next Saturday? 

Prelims towmrow 

semis Sunday 

finals June 1st