Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Victoria's lyrical solo will be another one that will move Kelli to tears.

After seeing pics of the DCC looking gorgeous and having fun, to this .... What a BUZZKILL.

Edited by BringItOn
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well, if I had to fly out of state to get a solo choreographed, I'd be in tears.

Didn't realize she was about 4 miles from my house staying in Santa Monica. 😱

Edited by go4luca
18 hours ago, ByTor said:

Well gee, @go4luca, why don't you take one for the team & follow her to see how many milkshakes she drinks??? 😉

Calling it now. VK will NEVER be fit enough for calendar next season. All her "candid" shots will be from her chest up and her head will be Photoshop onto Daphne's body.

18 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Que Marshall's look when Brenda and Kelli start to cry over Victoria's solo.

Marshall if you are reading this please, please try to top the look you had last year at finals.

I'm still laughing over that!

Edited by BringItOn
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Well gee, @go4luca, why don't you take one for the team & follow her to see how many milkshakes she drinks??? 😉

5 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Keyboard!!!!

4 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Mic drop lol 😂 

Y'all are killing me! 😂

Umm.....hard pass.  I'm trying to be good in regards to VK. 😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Que Marshall's look when Brenda and Kelli start to cry over Victoria's solo.

Marshall if you are reading this please, please try to top the look you had last year at finals.

These looks are exactly why I want Marshall to have his own show.  That plus "gap mouth". 

Marshall, if you are stopping by, never forget what a treasure you are to us! 😂😘

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

But being bad is more fun!

Most definitely!  😂

I'm not saying I won't cave further down the road if things get postal, but for now, I'm making the effort.  😇

Edited by go4luca
clarity
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well, if I had to fly out of state to get a solo choreographed, I'd be in tears.

I can’t even imagine being so rich that I would happily pay to send my daughter to  California to learn a solo for an audition for a minimum wage job. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
6 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I can’t even imagine being so rich that I would happily pay to send my daughter to  California to learn a solo for an audition for a minimum wage job. 

Exactly!  Why didn't she ask Kitty Carter?  She could do Tin Man as a solo and they would probably cry over it.

• LOL 14
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, Jennv said:

The pay is not the point. The point is she can be an American Sweetheart while have the honor of being part of something big while dancing for the best entertainment team in the whole wide universe. *sarcasm inserted here*

In the past lyrical hasn't "sold" well in the solos. He is an amazing choreographer and it is "her style", but IF they are being intellectually honest, they will be highly critical of her solo. They won't, but they should be...just saying. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Corky10 said:

In the past lyrical hasn't "sold" well in the solos. He is an amazing choreographer and it is "her style", but IF they are being intellectually honest, they will be highly critical of her solo. They won't, but they should be...just saying. 

I'm not discounting your opinion but I respectfully disagree. 

Lacey, Gina and Megan C. have all done lyrical solos and their solos considered some of the best done their year at finals.  Kelli loved Gina's last year, has always loved Lacey's lyrical (one of the reasons Lacey was chosen to lead off the solos) and we can't forget VK's lyrical last year moved Kelli to fight tears.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Lacey, Gina and Megan C. have all done lyrical solos

You are correct...however, Victoria is not in the same category of dancers as those ladies. Any reaction last year, this year or future years of Victoria is completely biased on their part...they proved that last year. It's like they are trying to convince us how great she is.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Corky10 said:

You are correct...however, Victoria is not in the same category of dancers as those ladies. Any reaction last year, this year or future years of Victoria is completely biased on their part...they proved that last year. It's like they are trying to convince us how great she is.

Thanks for clarifying.  Again, I was responding to your post saying "In the past lyrical hasn't "sold" well in the solos" (the part I bolded in my reply to you so you would know what I was responding to).

12 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Thanks for clarifying.  Again, I was responding to your post saying "In the past lyrical hasn't "sold" well in the solos" (the part I bolded in my reply to you so you would know what I was responding to).

No worries...I was thinking of some of the lyricals that were poo-pooed by everyone as too sexy and not natural. He is an amazing choreographer and I have no doubt he perfected that routine to her. She's just too immature for this team right now...they are so blinded by wanting her on the team, its infuriating. 

• Love 3
Just now, Corky10 said:

No worries...I was thinking of some of the lyricals that were poo-pooed by everyone as too sexy and not natural. He is an amazing choreographer and I have no doubt he perfected that routine to her. She's just too immature for this team right now...they are so blinded by wanting her on the team, its infuriating. 

I am familiar with him.  I was a dancer myself back in the day.  Lyrical was my jam.  😉

You are probably too young to know this name (or not?!) but Doug Caldwell was my main lyrical instructor back when I was on scholarship.   He had quite a following and it was a huge loss to the dance community when he died suddenly in his sleep. 

• Love 1
Just now, go4luca said:

I am familiar with him.  I was a dancer myself back in the day.  Lyrical was my jam.  😉

You are probably too young to know this name (or not?!) but Doug Caldwell was my main lyrical instructor back when I was on scholarship.   He had quite a following and it was a huge loss to the dance community when he died suddenly in his sleep. 

Oh I wish I was too young...lol...no, I'm in my 50s. Yes...amazing! I danced in college at a Texas college, but never really considered auditioning for DCC, not sure why.

• Love 4

I just watched some Casey Anthony documentary (I know I know spare me the disgust, I already hate myself lol 🙃) and I realized that Anthony looks like a brunette Christina and maybe that’s where my irrational dislike for Christina comes from. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Here is a thought about auditions: we have seen dancers who do ballet or lyrical or another style that is not the typical field presentation style tha DCC does.  Week after week we watch TCC struggle with the DCC style if they don’t have strength in the area.  Why no specifiy that jazz, hip hop, Pom, or combo be the style for auditions & leave lyrical and ballet for when they tryout for show group.  If the person has been dancing awhile, they certainly have a routine of that style they could use.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Corky10 said:

I was thinking of some of the lyricals that were poo-pooed by everyone as too sexy and not natural. 

And then there was Vivian's lyrical number 😱

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, go4luca said:

I saw it and hate to say it but Savannah's one piece is god awful.  I feel sorry for her having to wear this one.  There is nothing even remotely attractive about the bottom half of the suit.

saaavy_23_4_2019_11_10_7_809 copy.jpg

Poor Savannah!  That thing is nasty.

• Love 1

Savannah's one piece....It looks like something I wore in the 80's...and it was God awful then.  She still looks great, though 🙂

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 6
51 minutes ago, ByTor said:

OMG....now I'm the one spewing coffee on my keyboard 😉She needed to stick to hip hop.

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Kayce said:
57 minutes ago, ByTor said:

OMG....now I'm the one spewing coffee on my keyboard 😉She needed to stick to hip hop.

Or even the Tin Man 🤣

• LOL 1
25 minutes ago, Kayce said:

If she gains any more weight, she'll put cracks on the concrete doing hip hop.....maybe even cause an earthquake. 

• LOL 1

Spending that much money on a solo before I’ve even made it to finals... evil me is really hoping to see VK cut at prelims for weight. I know she won’t be, but a girl can dream.  I know that if you want to get someone to choreograph your solo you need to find someone really early on, but it really does amaze me how much money some of the girls trying out probably spend. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Corky10 said:

I mean...those girls are amazing and their solos were great. I don’t need to see a Gina or even Lacey do a hip hop solo to be convinced. VK shouldn’t even be in the same sentence with these dancers.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Victoria's lyrical solo will be another one that will move Kelli to tears.

To be very honest, I am actually hoping he helps her with her heavy style. Maybe, just maybe he will give her an honest critique. And I really hope that his choreography doesn't include a clutch chest  grab shirt and throw maneuver.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, ByTor said:

Forget counting milkshakes . . . a well placed foot or chair in her path would be great . . . nothing serious, just enough to keep her out of auditions & training camp . . . 😈😜😈

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

I’m friends with Natalie Woods Stanyer on FB. She posted a pic today of herself in Nashville at the NFL draft with Malena beside her. 😱😱

It's also currently on Malena's IG live.

• Love 1

I just said in another topic that this is one of my favorite squads purely because I like every single one of the girls. Of course they’re going to make me regret saying it by placing both VK and Malena on the team. They better not cut any of the vets to make room for them. If they are fine with mediocracy, then they should take them as part of their 7-girls rookie class. 5 new good dancers should be enough 🙂

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

To be very honest, I am actually hoping he helps her with her heavy style. Maybe, just maybe he will give her an honest critique. And I really hope that his choreography doesn't include a clutch chest  grab shirt and throw maneuver.

Oh.....you know it is going to include all three including a helicopter hair toss with glitter flying everywhere.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Preity said:

Spending that much money on a solo before I’ve even made it to finals... evil me is really hoping to see VK cut at prelims for weight. I know she won’t be, but a girl can dream.  I know that if you want to get someone to choreograph your solo you need to find someone really early on, but it really does amaze me how much money some of the girls trying out probably spend. 

VK can spend all the money in the world or as little money on a solo.  She'll still make it to prelmins and finals.  What a joke to flaunt having to fly out to finalize the solo.  Girl, (VK), get real.

I do not want to see her on the team this year.  It is clear that she makes it based on connection only and I'm not an advocate of that shit, whether it is on a dance team or applying for college.  There is nothing more hurtful than to not be selected because the other person who was selected (with less credentials) was a friend or family member.  

NO VKMTT!

• Love 10

In case anyone has forgotten of the ridiculous favoritism that was shown VK last season, Kelli awarded her a Barbie based on her finals routine.  SMGDH.

Mark my words, if she's at auditions this year, she will make semis, she will make finals, and she will make the team.  It doesn't matter what she does or what she looks like.  The fix is IN.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

In case anyone has forgotten of the ridiculous favoritism that was shown VK last season, Kelli awarded her a Barbie based on her finals routine.  SMGDH.

Mark my words, if she's at auditions this year, she will make semis, she will make finals, and she will make the team.  It doesn't matter what she does or what she looks like.  The fix is IN.

While I don’t disagree with you - and I’m not trying to be antagonistic - I think you said the same thing last season... and it ended up playing out completely differently. 

My point is that you really don’t know what might happen during training camp (or finals) that might leave VK off the team again. Kelly always frames VKs office meetings as “you will make this team one day” and always avoided using the word “cut” in reference to VK, but you never know if she will do something equally dumb and immature as she did last year. 

I do think she will make the team but I love all the drama she caused last season, and how she got in the way of her own success. 

Edited by Stee
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Stee said:

While I don’t disagree with you - and I’m not trying to be antagonistic - I think you said the same thing last season... and it ended up playing out completely differently. 

My point is that you really don’t know what might happen during training camp (or finals) that might leave VK off the team again. Kelly always frames VKs office meetings as “you will make this team one day” and always avoided using the word “cut” in reference to VK, but you never know if she will do something equally dumb and immature as she did last year. 

I do think she will make the team but I love all the drama she caused last season, and how she got in the way of her own success. 

I understand.  It only played out the way it did last year because VK was stupid enough to get caught in a lie and put on over 10 pounds in training camp.  Regardless, I fully believe that Tina would not let VK audition again without some assurances that she'd make the team.

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 4