Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yeah just saw it🤮

It's always because of her mom, or other DCC - why can't it be cause she wants to?  Cause she wants to forge her own path.

I think she needs to get into college and experience college life first 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, dccfan321 said:

If you look at the current rookies, most took either 1 or 0 prep classes. A majority of the rookie class is from out of state-they were not flying in and out each weekend for an hour and half long class. Kelli and Judy do not attend these classes, save for the Director's chair class.

The original post was just about the extra time and money. So we should also talk about the vets who already live in the Dallas area, not single out rookies.  The real question is would vets be punished because of their own work/personal life time commitments

• Love 1
(edited)
32 minutes ago, pisces125 said:

The original post was just about the extra time and money. So we should also talk about the vets who already live in the Dallas area, not single out rookies.  The real question is would vets be punished because of their own work/personal life time commitments

They probably wouldn’t be 

Edited by Holly85
12 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

LOL. I just want to know who was taking the video. It obviously was not her phone sitting on a tripod because the video moves to stay with her. It obviously wasn't someone who was supposed to be taking a video of the "whole group" because VK is front and center the entire time. It was a video of her. So, VK clearly has her own videographer (her mom?) with her at the prep classes. One would think that would lead to more self-awareness. 

Usually the other girls in the class will film a person if they ask and then they film them in return

• Love 2
On 3/1/2019 at 1:07 AM, scorpio1031 said:

I’m sorry, but just no.  She is so distracted by the camera that she seems to not be able to concentrate on the actual dance.  She keeps looking at the camera, and as someone upthread said, she can’t decide whether to be dramatic for the camera or smile for the camera.  So what is she gong to do at the games if the camera focuses on her?  Forget the dance?  I’m sorry but she just looks like an amateur performer.  

• Love 18
7 hours ago, pisces125 said:

They (the vets) are not punished. This is truly their off-season and minus tech. tuesday, they do not have to attend any other prep classes unless they truly want to. Several vets never attend any prep classes once they make the team.

• Useful 1

What I took away from last year for Victoria is that Kelli would have put her on the team even with her gut hanging over her shorts if she could have. I'm sure Victoria took from it that the only thing she has to work on is her weight. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, coffeemug230 said:

Victoria looks physically great in this video, hey technique is strong. Yup the looking and smiling at the camera ruins it some but she is not a hot mess here. 

She is also often a beat off from everyone else.

• Love 9
(edited)
13 hours ago, coffeemug230 said:

Victoria looks physically great in this video, hey technique is strong. Yup the looking and smiling at the camera ruins it some but she is not a hot mess here. 

I see the exact opposite of what you do.  She doesn't look any different physically than she did during Training Camp last year.  Did she lose ANY weight or am I just missing something.  As for her technique, it's still lacking in many areas and why is it the ONLY prep class we see her attend is. . . yep, another lyrical piece.  We've not seen her attend ANY of the others that have different styles of dance.  As for her technique, she is either being at least a beat ahead or at least a beat behind nearly EVERY move in the video.  If it's supposed to be a moody, serious lyrical piece, why is she smiling practically EVERY time she looks at the camera and even some times when she's not staring into the camera?  In addition, her leaps were STILL not as strong as they should be and she's STILL falling out of turns when many of the other girls are nailing them.  As another poster stated (and speaking from experience), turns are based on a variety of things, including core strength and technique.  She could blame the turf for falling out of turns at Finals, but here, on a smooth floor, where she's spent many a night?  There's no excuse for falling out of turns that, if a dancer is properly trained among other things, should be executed cleanly all the way through to the finish.  This is just what I could articulate at the moment.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 17

I imagine most of the vets attending a prep class do so to support their friends teaching or just want to dance that evening for a workout.  Post it with a zillion hashtags and capture that cash. #influencerlife

• Love 1
On 3/6/2019 at 6:38 AM, dccfan321 said:

They (the vets) are not punished. This is truly their off-season and minus tech. tuesday, they do not have to attend any other prep classes unless they truly want to. Several vets never attend any prep classes once they make the team.

I think the vets want to let their bodies recover a bit before auditions start up.  But if I were them, I would probably take barre classes or something to build up strength in their core and knees.

I think Miranda said that Erin attended every prep class, and that helped her and she was noticed.  But how much does that cost?  

I wonder if they “suggest” certain vets attend prep classes who seem at risk for not making it back, without having to pay (or discount?). Seem like a good way to keep everyone in their game. 

1 minute ago, Tootie said:

On the podcast, Miranda confirmed (again) that she's re-auditioning and Hannah is re-auditioning as well.

Don't get me wrong, I love Miranda, but was there a reason they brought her back again?  I mean, if they are out of DCC to interview, perhaps they should bring in other guests - ie Sarah, Jenn K, Mia to give out info on prep classes or talk about their years on the squad.  Or use this time of year to bring in DCC alumni, Shelly, Marshall, and don't hurt me, even Melissa R.  Or let's bring K&J on to talk about past seasons of the show and get them to spill tea:)

• Love 2
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

Don't get me wrong, I love Miranda, but was there a reason they brought her back again?  I mean, if they are out of DCC to interview, perhaps they should bring in other guests - ie Sarah, Jenn K, Mia to give out info on prep classes or talk about their years on the squad.  Or use this time of year to bring in DCC alumni, Shelly, Marshall, and don't hurt me, even Melissa R.  Or let's bring K&J on to talk about past seasons of the show and get them to spill tea:)

I'd love to see either Shelly or Marshall brought in for an interview.  Marshall would be a hoot.  Gap mouth and all. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I'd love to see either Shelly or Marshall brought in for an interview.  Marshall would be a hoot.  Gap mouth and all. 

Yasssss! 💯 Marshall!!!

I’d pretty much listen regardless of who the guests are. However...Get. Rid. Of. Shannon. He's the only reason I don’t tune in. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Yasssss! 💯 Marshall!!!

I’d pretty much listen regardless of who the guests are. However...Get. Rid. Of. Shannon. He's the only reason I don’t tune in. 

Has there been a podcast where it's just Shannon as the host?  No co-host whatsoever?  I wonder what he would be like.  He'd have to carry the show by himself, could ask questions without someone nagging at him not to, couldn't look at his phone cause he would be focusing on the guests.  Just a thought.  I think the reason I would want Kristi as the full time host is cause she has been with the organization longer than Shannon and Courtney, has been on MTT since day 1, sees what goes on behind the scenes, knows her DCC trivia, etc.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Has there been a podcast where it's just Shannon as the host?  No co-host whatsoever?  I wonder what he would be like.  He'd have to carry the show by himself, could ask questions without someone nagging at him not to, couldn't look at his phone cause he would be focusing on the guests.  Just a thought.  I think the reason I would want Kristi as the full time host is cause she has been with the organization longer than Shannon and Courtney, has been on MTT since day 1, sees what goes on behind the scenes, knows her DCC trivia, etc.

I would love to see Courtney gone.  I have not listened to this week yet but last week she drove me nuts...again!  Answering questions directed at the DCC guests.  Not being prepared with questions to ask.  Sharing too much info about herself and if I am not mistaken, she has been employed by the Dallas Cowboys for at least 2 years and when she was asked by Shannon to name her favorite current player, SHE HAD NO IDEA WHAT TO REPLY?!  Are you kidding me....

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, J-R said:

I would love to see Courtney gone.  I have not listened to this week yet but last week she drove me nuts...again!  Answering questions directed at the DCC guests.  Not being prepared with questions to ask.  Sharing too much info about herself and if I am not mistaken, she has been employed by the Dallas Cowboys for at least 2 years and when she was asked by Shannon to name her favorite current player, SHE HAD NO IDEA WHAT TO REPLY?!  Are you kidding me....

Oooohhh, Brenda would tear her apart during panel interviews:)

• Love 4
(edited)
19 minutes ago, J-R said:

Completely agree! I did listen/watch this week's podcast. Shannon wasn't there, so Courtney did not have nag, nag, nag. 

Jinelle was the co-host which was 100% better. Jinelle actually had a list of questions she worked off of.  And get this, they were DCC related (insert w0w face). 

14 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Get rid of Courtney and Shannon both. They'd be fine with just DCC doing the show. 

I'll second that motion. 

Edited by Kees080
  • Love 5

I can't listen to the pod cast. Courtney is like the fat ugly nerd girl who desperately wants the popular girls to like her, and Shannon is the arrogant fuck boy who thinks he is too good to be there.

• Love 7

Alexis - Confirmed returning

Alanna - 

Amber - Confirmed returning

Amy - 

Ashlee - 

Brennen - Confirmed returning

Briana - 

Bridget - 

Caroline - Confirmed returning

Christina - 

Cianna - 

Daphne - 

Erin - 

Gabby - Confirmed returning

Gina - 

Hannah - Confirmed returning

Heather - Confirmed returning

Jalyn - Confirmed returning

Jessika - 

KaShara - Confirmed retiring

Kelli - 

Khalyn - 

Lexie - 

Lacey - Confirmed retiring

Lauren - 

Maddie - 

Madeline - 

Miranda - Confirmed returning

Molly - Confirmed returning

Rachel - Confirmed returning

Rachel W - Confirmed returning

Savannah - 

Tasha - 

Taylor - 

Tess - 

Yuko - 

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Jennv said:

I can't listen to the pod cast. Courtney is like the fat ugly nerd girl who desperately wants the popular girls to like her, and Shannon is the arrogant fuck boy who thinks he is too good to be there.

Girl. I thought that, but just didn't have the guts to say.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Kees080 said:

Completely agree! I did listen/watch this week's podcast. Shannon wasn't there, so Courtney did not have nag, nag, nag. 

Jinelle was the co-host which was 100% better. Jinelle actually had a list of questions she worked off of.  And get this, they were DCC related (insert w0w face). 

I'll second that motion. 

I third ...

2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Alanna - 

Amy - 

Ashlee - 

Briana - 

Bridget - 

Christina - 

Cianna - 

Daphne - 

Erin - 

Gina - 

Jessika - 

Kelli - 

Khalyn - 

Lexie - 

Lauren - 

Maddie - 

Madeline - 

Savannah - 

Tasha - 

Taylor - 

Tess - 

Yuko - 

Ciana and Briana will be on these boots podcast next week so we will know for sure if they are re auditioning on Thursday next week 

Alanna - 

Amy - 

Ashlee - 

Briana - 

Bridget - 

Christina - 

Cianna - 

Daphne - 

Erin - 

Gina - 

Jessika - 

Kelli - 

Khalyn - 

Lexie - 

Lauren - 

Maddie - 

Madeline - 

Savannah - 

Tasha - 

Taylor - 

Tess - 

Yuko - 

I’m pretty sure all the rookies are re auditioning 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Ciana and Briana will be on these boots podcast next week so we will know for sure if they are re auditioning on Thursday next week 

Has everyone who has been on the podcast said whether or not they're re-auditioning or have some kept mum about it?

8 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I’m pretty sure all the rookies are re auditioning 

I suspect they are as well, but I'm only updating the list when we get confirmation one way or the other of who's staying and who's going.  Unfortunately (for us), less than half the current team has said one way or the other so we don't know who the other 8 people retiring are and, for obvious reasons, we don't know who will be cut at Finals.

12 hours ago, Kees080 said:

I'll second that motion. 

Third that!  Listened last night and Jinelle SHINED!  At one point Courtney had the audacity to say something to Jinelle along the lines of she need some to step up and started helping host?  More like Courtney needs to step OUT and let Jinelle host. I love the podcasts. Such an amazing opportunity to get to know the DCC. I love Hannah and have been looking forward to learning more about her. Early on in the show she said she had auditioned 4 times and made it her 4th try. Not two minutes later. Clueless Courtney said something like, how many times have you auditioned?  Hannah's politely answered 4, even though she has just said it was her fourth try. 

• Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

Girl. I thought that, but just didn't have the guts to say.

Same here 

Edited by J-R
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

Courtney seems really nice. I wouldn't want her to loose her job, just stop hosting the podcast. Her Bimini interviews were fine.

I am sure she is very nice and I would not want anyone to lose their job either but she has been doing the podcast for who long now and she still doesn't get it. 

25 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Has everyone who has been on the podcast said whether or not they're re-auditioning or have some kept mum about it?

I suspect they are as well, but I'm only updating the list when we get confirmation one way or the other of who's staying and who's going.  Unfortunately (for us), less than half the current team has said one way or the other so we don't know who the other 8 people retiring are and, for obvious reasons, we don't know who will be cut at Finals.

Lauren kept mum  and whoever she was on with kept mum too. I forget who the other person was. 

50 minutes ago, J-R said:

I am sure she is very nice and I would not want anyone to lose their job either but she has been doing the podcast for who long now and she still doesn't get it. 

Lauren kept mum  and whoever she was on with kept mum too. I forget who the other person was. 

50 minutes ago, J-R said:

Christina

• Love 1

I think everyone else is pretty much keeping it mum 

Briana and Taylor (?) didn't mention it (weren't asked from what I recall)  when they were on.

On 3/5/2019 at 7:39 PM, hannahbanana said:

There are far better (and more meaningful) ways "to make a difference in the lives of others" than by being a DCC.

She is just parroting what Kelli, Judy, and Charlotte want her to say. The girls are being brainwashed into believing being a DCC is the be all, end all of life.

On 3/4/2019 at 8:53 PM, pisces125 said:

Kalyssa was CUT? I thought her and Alexandria walked off mid season as their own decision. Interesting.

Kalyssa was cut after the regular football season ended. I think she was cut in February. Alexandria left after a few games. Her future mother-in-law was seriously ill. Inside information is floating around another reason why she left was because of a few toxic girls on the squad aka Jenna.

Judy had  Keyra’s number during TC. She saw the attitude a mile away. A few people have said Keyra running around with certain girls paid a part in her being cut.

When is calendar trip? I know it is different than last year, but it is still before tryouts right? I'm guessing that's when we will get confirmation who is leaving and who is staying 

6 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

When is calendar trip? I know it is different than last year, but it is still before tryouts right? I'm guessing that's when we will get confirmation who is leaving and who is staying 

Its sometime after banquet 

• Love 2
On 3/6/2019 at 3:22 PM, dreamcatcher said:

Exactly...can’t see the strong technique either tbh.

Didn’t she also sort of fall out of the first turn?  She doesn’t 

look like someone who has danced her whole life.  But I’m no expert so what do I know?

• Love 3
On 3/7/2019 at 5:43 PM, Tootie said:

On the podcast, Miranda confirmed (again) that she's re-auditioning and Hannah is re-auditioning as well.

YAY!! Love Hannah! And Miranda is pretty cool too 🙂

11 minutes ago, Lona said:

YAY!! Love Hannah! And Miranda is pretty cool too 🙂

I like them both to I love that Hannah had a dream to be a dcc and she never gave up 

• Love 3
On 3/7/2019 at 6:55 PM, Hummingbird24 said:

If anyone wants to do this, I’m in!!!

Okay, I'd seriously do this (including fly to Dallas from CA), but my talent in the dance class would be negative 1,000%. I'd make VK look like the best thing that ever happened to the DCC. I'd seriously still take part in everything, though, including the dance class, just for the fun of it. Any other takers?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Okay, I'd seriously do this (including fly to Dallas from CA), but my talent in the dance class would be negative 1,000%. I'd make VK look like the best thing that ever happened to the DCC. I'd seriously still take part in everything, though, including the dance class, just for the fun of it. Any other takers?

I would if I could....but would not be able to make it work.  I will happily follow along though...

• Love 1
On 3/8/2019 at 1:29 AM, UnicornKicks said:

Get rid of Courtney and Shannon both. They'd be fine with just DCC doing the show. 

Shannon is awful and has ZERO interest in the DCCs and often says so like "who's even listening to this" which I think is really unprofessional - he would never say that on a football podcast. Even if it is just us superfans, there's no need to be rude.

Courtney is OK in my opinion but I find with both her and Shannon they 1) talk about themselves so much - no one cares what your sister does or where you went on vacation. At all. 2) They also go into the girls' DULL parts of their lives like "oh I moved house" "why I am too busy to get a dog" etc which is so so so boring. At least when Kristi Scales hosted she asked about dance and DCC life which is why most people listen. 

I wish when it came to advice they said things other than "attend prep classes". Like we KNOW you need to plug prep classes but there must be other advice. I also hate that they have to act like the cuts etc in training camp didn't happen and it's all a perfect experience.

• Love 6