Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: A Moving Day

Claire and Phil aren't convinced that Haley and Dylan can make it on their own as they move them into their new apartment before the baby arrives. Meanwhile, Pameron gets out of prison early and has a bone to pick with Mitchell.

Airdate: January 9, 2019

This episode was.. not good. 

First off.. twins? I think we’re supposed to find this all so funny and hilarious. It is not. I mean I don’t think it’s funny they’re having a baby period and that they’re living a garage and probably can barley afford that and honestly sorry but neither Haley or Dylan is responsible at all to me so the show thinks making them pregnant with twins is a laugh and a half. It isn’t. None of this is funny.

I don’t like Pam. She’s not funny either. I’m normally meh on Mitchell for the most part but tonight I realized him huicching his life wagon to Cameron was a bad call. Cameron is dramatic on his own and sometimes I feel he gets a lot of hate on these forums  but wow.. tonight just proved that Mitch now has to factor in his family and all of

fhat. Pam is terrible and Mitch is right, she probably didn’t say sorry for what got her into jail, why should he have to work to get her out faster?

Dont care about jay and Gloria and manny and the girlfriend. The only thing I liked was the last bit with Phil finding out Haley was having twins and jay understanding right away what he needs to hear.

And yeah now Pam will be around longer. Great.Yeah cal would have been much better off if he lived permanently with Mitch and Cam. Also good now Pam is back to freeloading off her brother and in law. How is that funny? I know everyone think the Pritchett family is annoying and rude but I’m starting to think it’s actually the others families. Gloria constantly has family coming in and out of her and Jays home and lies about how long they will be there, and Cameron has all these plans for him and Mitch and his sister is always around. Phil might be the only non Pritchett who isn’t like this but even he does things that he knows Claire will hate.

Also I have to say I wish Haley hadn’t been the daughter to get pregnant. If they were going to make one of the girls pregnant I kind of wish it would have been Alex. No one would have expected that, right? Haley just seems like the easy route, especially when you think back to older seasons and all of those moments when Claire would say something about it happening to her. It would have been an interesting twist for it to have been Alex.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 18
11 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

This episode was.. not good. 

First off.. twins? I think we’re supposed to find this all so funny and hilarious. It is not. I mean I don’t think it’s funny they’re having a baby period and that they’re living a garage and probably can barley afford that and honestly sorry but neither Haley or Dylan is responsible at all to me so the show thinks making them pregnant with twins is a laugh and a half. It isn’t. None of this is funny.

I don’t like Pam. She’s not funny either. I’m normally meh on Mitchell for the most part but tonight I realized him huicching his life wagon to Cameron was a bad call. Cameron is dramatic on his own and sometimes I feel he gets a lot of hate on these forums  but wow.. tonight just proved that Mitch now has to factor in his family and all of

fhat. Pam is terrible and Mitch is right, she probably didn’t say sorry for what got her into jail, why should he have to work to get her out faster?

Dont care about jay and Gloria and manny and the girlfriend. The only thing I liked was the last bit with Phil finding out Haley was having twins and jay understanding right away what he needs to hear.

And yeah now Pam will be around longer. Great.Yeah cal would have been much better off if he lived permanently with Mitch and Cam. Also good now Pam is back to freeloading off her brother and in law. How is that funny? I know everyone think the Pritchett family is annoying and rude but I’m starting to think it’s actually the others families. Gloria constantly has family coming in and out of her and Jays home and lies about how long they will be there, and Cameron has all these plans for him and Mitch and his sister is always around. Phil might be the only non Pritchett who isn’t like this but even he does things that he knows Claire will hate.

Also I have to say I wish Haley hadn’t been the daughter to get pregnant. If they were going to make one of the girls pregnant I kind of wish it would have been Alex. No one would have expected that, right? Haley just seems like the easy route, especially when you think back to older seasons and all of those moments when Claire would say something about it happening to her. It would have been an interesting twist for it to have been Alex.

They have now thrown every TV cliche at Haley, I'm sure we will get the "wacky" delivery too. Stuck in a car/elevator/little brother helping. Really, what pictures does the actress that plays Pam have on the show? Why do they keep throwing her out and then bringing her back and reminding us more and more that someone would have ran her over with a truck and then put a bomb on her and made sure there was a corener declaring her dead. She is seriously the worst character ever to grace the series and that is saying a lot given the drama queen Cam is or all of Gloria's horrible relatives combine. I will say one thing that Jay is right about, Manny has ended up with someone like his mother. Sure she can tell Jay that Gloria has been bossing him around and she is "always" going to have a problem. However, even though she doesn't see it, she does it to Manny because really, I don't care how much of theatre  you love or do. If back in college someone made me wear that I look at her and go: "You are out of your mind!" 

I am so happy that Phil went off saying how he really does hate the entire situation and now gets where Jay was coming from over 25 years ago. However, I'm sorry writers, you can do whatever you want, but Dylan is not a mirror to Phil. No, Phil is unaware at times, but Dylan acts like he is going to need a special aid after he turns 40. 

• Love 15

They tried to play it as Dylan being so knowledgeable and reassuring when Hayley realized they were having twins while she freaked out, but it just isn't believable after years of portraying him as a goofy dumbass.

I also don't buy that Phil was ever like Dylan when Claire got pregnant. Under his occasional flakiness, Phil is a rock that Claire can depend on through thick and thin which isn't surprising given his father is the same.

I have to say that although the show hasn't been what it was in the early days, I have always enjoyed it and appreciate the attempts at humor, but I think they might have lost me with Hayley's pregnancy. I will continue to tune in and see how it goes. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 21

Just not funny.

I agree with with all above posts about Pam.....and the actress is bad too. Yuck on this story line. 

Hated Clare is this episode too.....mean, snarky, not funny or warm,  know it all, overbearing mom. I would not want to move back in with her ever.  Good way for the two idiots, Dylan and Haley, to never grow up or learn.  

Manny and his girlfriend. .....yawn.  

Hate Gloria too for being so manipulative of Jay...who just wanted his sausages.  It was funny abt the talking  coffee grinder. 

Why can't this show let their kids grow up and be even slightly successful at being better humans than their parents?  

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Just not funny.

Hated Clare is this episode too.....mean, snarky, not funny or warm,  know it all, overbearing mom. I would not want to move back in with her ever.  Good way for the two idiots, Dylan and Haley, to never grow up or learn.  

Why can't this show let their kids grow up and be even slightly successful at being better humans than their parents?  

See that's the thing, you really have to wonder why? Haley still comes across as to thinking everything was going to be straight handed to her. When Clare brought up how Haley got "kicked out of college" or the fact that Phil has yelled at her FOUR times about that. Yet, Haley is still: "Whatever, I'll be famous one day!" Umm... 25 not 18 anymore. When they had Dylan going over all his jobs to where he is now. I just rolled my eyes along with Mrs. Readster. Yes, there is having various odd jobs to get to your career. Then there is Dylan, a complete, dumb ass who even Forrest Gump would go: "You are a dumbass!" I've said my pieces with Pam, even her final line: "You're Small!" I wanted Mitch to pull a gun and shoot her. 

• Love 8

Another thing, the Pritchett/Dunphy family are wealthy so why is the show writing a story that Haley and Dylan would ever have to live in a garage when they are pregnant? It makes no sense.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 12

I mean  the problem is that Like we have stated many times over in different episodes this season and this one, Haley and her siblings will never be grown ups. They don’t have any adult life skills. Adult jobs(what presumably Dylan and Haley have, we don’t really get clarity on what Haley’s job is or what she makes) don’t necessarily make an adult. As I stated in a previous episode forum, Haley has more than likely never paid a real bill. And I base this on things I’ve seen in past episodes and how Phil and Claire would cover half of something for her. Also not to mention we were shown a scene this episode  where she has no damn idea about money where she told Dylan to pay more than what was needed for the tip on their diner bill, which was supposed to be funny but to me just showed that they’re trying to do a storyline that forces Haley into adulthood with some cluster funny moments but with a “it’ll all work out in the end!” Which.. ew. This honestly isn’t cute or charming and I’m still sad that they have decided to settle her with Dylan. Like sorry but to me.. that’s settling. I know some people here love him but I don’t get it. Granted I’m still not sure why the show decides that it was Dylan or Irvin. And acting like she and Irvin were some great love that should even be considered as a option. None of it made sense. 

But yeah.. Is that what Haley is going to do for the rest of the season now? Freak out all the time? I mean I get the freak out in the beginning and I get the freak out at having twins but I do feel like that’s all she’s doing now.  

And I get Claire trying to clam him down with her “I will always be here over your shoulder to help” but at the same time, isn’t that how we got here? I mean.. saying things like that makes me think that Claire is just setting herself up to be raising Haley and Dylan’s kids while they do whatever. I mean yeah that probably won’t happen because I’m fully expecting happily ever after where somehow Haley is just fine but in the real world, Claire has literally just said to Haley that she will raise her kids so Haley can get the beauty sleep she has to require.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 12

Horrible episode.

Pam sucks and is not funny at all. I wish she was in prison for life. 

Manny has sucked forever. I don’t care about him or his weird gf. Why is he living at home again? I thought he was in college or am I forgetting something.

Haley having twins is so cliche and Dylan is such an annoying character. Bad actor too. It does make sense for them to live in the basement still. Haley and Dylan are such a bad couple tho I can’t believe this is how they are writing her.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 13

I must watch different shows because I don’t think of twins as a cliche. No need to post all the examples I am sure they exist. 

I don’t understand the Pam character. There are enough characters on this show and she isn’t funny or interesting.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, nilyank said:

They're not. Claire told Phil that they were moving back into their house.

Yup. And Claire and Phil will probably be doing the heavy lifting parenting wise for them.

Seriously. I feel like they keep trying to do some parallel to Phil and Claire with Dylan and Haley but it hasn’t worked once for me. One Dylan will never be Phil. Also Claire and Phil were younger than Dylan and Haley but seemed to have their lives more together than Dylan and Haley. I feel like they keep trying to bring it full circle with that but it isn’t working. Maybe they aren’t trying to full circle the two couples and I’m projecting but it’s felt like that’s what they’ve been doing this entire season.

• Love 8

I was sure Pam was going to take off and leave them with Cal.   But nope.  Nope.  Poor Cal still gets Pam sometimes and the audience gets her Haley's twins.  Nobody wants more Pam.  NOBODY.   

Seriously, if this isn't the last season I'm not watching next season.  I genuinely don't understand why anybody would think there are more miles to get out of Pam.

3 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Another thing, the Pritchett/Dunphy family are wealthy so why is the show writing a story that Haley and Dylan would ever have to live in a garage when they are pregnant? It makes no sense.

This show drives me crazy but I legiimately know a 25 year old woman who got married last year and pregnant almost immediately (unplanned) and the living in the garage happened before the pregnancy.  But they are right now living in a garage and their baby is maybe 3 weeks away from arrival.  Her parents have offered to help them get a house.  But they are still in the garage because they can't afford something better where they are now and they don't want to move too far way from where he is finishing up his classes.   

• Love 5

I hated every minute of this. Hate Pam. Hate Manny and his girlfriend. Hate Haley and Dylan. Part of it is that I have a few friends with kids trying to get into nursing school here in California, and it's so hard. They've all done at least two years in a California State school, but you have to have a certain number of points to get into a state school nursing program. One of them is trying one more year, two of them are in unpaid internships trying to get more points so they can apply next year. It's so impossible that lots of kids go out of state. And there is Dylan, with no sign of attending any college, just sitting in a program. They could at least have thrown in "did two years of college" into that list of jobs. 

I was expecting Alexa to repeat everyone's conversations. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Mystery said:

I hated every minute of this. Hate Pam. Hate Manny and his girlfriend. Hate Haley and Dylan. Part of it is that I have a few friends with kids trying to get into nursing school here in California, and it's so hard. They've all done at least two years in a California State school, but you have to have a certain number of points to get into a state school nursing program. One of them is trying one more year, two of them are in unpaid internships trying to get more points so they can apply next year. It's so impossible that lots of kids go out of state. And there is Dylan, with no sign of attending any college, just sitting in a program. They could at least have thrown in "did two years of college" into that list of jobs. 

Yeah, no kidding, I know there are fans of Dylan on here, but really, the guy being able to get into nursing school and is of course is now in his internship hours is just suppose to be hand waved. This was a guy who kept moving two steps at a ranch repeating he had never been this far from home REPEATEDLY and everyone including Haley were: "ok, that's enough!" and he still did it. Dylan has not changed at all, he is still a person who would constantly walk into a glass plate window and still not get that it's a window. It isn't funny. Same goes for Pam

Pam has been nothing but a bullying bitch to both Mitch and Cam from attacking them, to stealing, to manipulating them. Yet, Can is suppose to just forget all that because: "It's my sister and I need to save the farm after dad dies!" Oh stop! I mean, Mitch could have simply called the police and had her arrested for taking over the upstairs apartment at the duplex and that would break her parole. However, oh no, we have to have her around because the TPTB apparently can't part with the character or ABC was stupid enough to sign her to a certain amount of episodes and can't break the contract or have to pay her out. Another thing is, she is not a good actress either, so why must we suffer like Mitch. I can see that Lilly still doesn't care about anything, so why should we?

• Love 9

I didn't miss this show over its hiatus.  I hate every character except Phil.  I can tolerate Jay when he has scenes with Phil.  The rest of them just represent Dante's inner circles of Hell.  Pam is in the center. 

The only thing that I laughed at was Dylan opening the garage door (even though I knew it was coming once he said their house was a converted garage).  

Can we fly this whole show to Cam's family farm and take out behind the barn to put it out of our its misery?

• Love 7
8 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

And I get Claire trying to clam him down with her “I will always be here over your shoulder to help” but at the same time, isn’t that how we got here? I mean.. saying things like that makes me think that Claire is just setting herself up to be raising Haley and Dylan’s kids while they do whatever.

Like the saying goes:  If you raise your kids you get to spoil your grandkids, if you spoil your kids you will raise your grandkids.  

First bolding:  That is code for I am going to hover over you 24/7 and point out everything you are doing wrong.  

Second bolding:  Because she is!!  Moving back home - way to go Claire and Phil.  Soon you will have THREE Dylans plus immature Hailey downstairs.  Forever.

1 hour ago, readster said:

Pam has been nothing but a bullying bitch to both Mitch and Cam from attacking them, to stealing, to manipulating them. Yet, Can is suppose to just forget all that because: "It's my sister and I need to save the farm after dad dies!" Oh stop!

I would have come clean ASAP - no way is Hosebeast Pam getting MY miles!!!!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 13

Now I have gotten over my annoyance about Hayley and Dylan. Got to confess, I actually find Pam funny-ish with her brazen obnoxiousness. I enjoyed her blackmailing Mitch for not writing the letter. It is what he deserved for not being honest with Cameron. Lily is so grown up now.

I liked the Manny/Girlfriend/Gloria/Jay story. I laughed at Jay's helplessness. He usually can negotiate with Gloria better, but he was so desperately wanted those sausages cooked in that sauce. Gloria has spoiled Manny rotten and will always want to control his life. Jay won't admit it, but he has contributed to how spoiled Manny is and it hasn't helped that he has let Gloria control him as well. Yes, those pants were terrible, but Manny's new girlfriend has backbone. I hope she sticks around and makes Gloria's life hellish. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

Haley has a job.  Her parents bought her a car.  She has lived at home for years with very few expenses.  I would think she has some savings.

Dylan is going to be a nurse. 

They are not some destitute couple that cannot afford a decent place better than a garage

I know its California real estate, but her dad is a real estate agent.  Even if they cannot afford a house, he can't find them a better apartment? 

Just more lazy writing. 

Pam is just annoying, was hoping she would stay away. 

Manny did look awful in those pants, but then his girlfriend has awful fashion sense as well. 

• Love 10

Maybe they should have spoken with either Cam and Mitch (about the upstairs apartment) or Gloria (and the apartment she was going to sell but decided to hang onto several seasons ago) about housing for Haley and Dylan...

This episode just made me sad.  Sad that there's no way Clair will ever stop "helicoptering" her children.  There was no reason to move Haley and Dylan into their home other than to micromanage them.  If Clair really wanted to help and thought the garage wasn't "enough", then offer to pay half of the rent for a bigger apartment with the agreement that once Dylan was done with school and found a job as a nurse then Dylan and Haley would pay the whole rent (or something similar).

I'm also sad that Mitchell feels that he just cannot say "no" and stick with it.  Over the years he has said "no" several times, but always backtracks on it giving into Cam.  Pam was just awful.  But, Cam was worst in that he expected Mitchell to just use his position as an ADA to try to get Pam out of prison early.  As Mitchell stated, she was guilty and received a fair sentence.  I was pleased at the beginning of the episode when I thought Pam would get Cal and go back to the farm, but no....the writers are doubling down on that storyline.

Don't care about Manny.  Gloria is really just another version of Clair.  Neither one of them will ever "let go" and will always try to control their children.  

And, a final note, it's been way too long since we've seen Stella...

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Haley has a job.  Her parents bought her a car.  She has lived at home for years with very few expenses.  I would think she has some savings.

They are not some destitute couple that cannot afford a decent place better than a garage

I know its California real estate, but her dad is a real estate agent.  Even if they cannot afford a house, he can't find them a better apartment? 

Just more lazy writing. 

Oh I know, it's to beat us over the head that Haley is freaking out and Dylan can't add 1 +1 together. Yet he can properly read a sonogram or understand the right amount of ounces in a syringe to give to a patient. Even Haley going: "It has two hearts, I knew I shouldn't have eaten the brownie!" Umm... what? Seriously, she loses it thinking she has some mutant and both Claire and Dylan are shocked, but get it means twins. 

Yes, when they showed the apartment or the cliche of: "I live in a garage and I have everything nailed down to the front door to open it, won't that be funny!" Mrs. Readster even said: "But Phil is a realtor and they both have good jobs and make money and barely have any loans!" It's not only lazy it's the classic: "Now take your stupid pills everyone and forget reality!"

• Love 6

I think they missed a golden opportunity by having Pam move into the apartment upstairs. If somebody is living there for free, why not Haley and Dylan? That would mix up the families and give Haley a chance to grow up. Living in her parent's house with Clarie hovering over her shoulder sadly means she will remain dependent on Claire who will not be able to avoid making it clear that she thinks herself the better mother (of course she would be initially - she's raised three kids). Haley needs to be able to be out of the house to really come into her own as a mother. This show is to afraid to let the kids grow up. They writers seem as afraid to fail as Haley. Take a leap and mix it up.

And why does Mitch turn stupid when he is being manipulated by Cam? Cam seriously has a photo album of all the times he helped Mitch's family? That's next level. When Cam was going on about the photo of himself taking Gloria to the airport and having no pictures of Mitch helping his family, Mitch should have told him to put a picture of Cal in there. Didn't Pam live for free for months in their apartment already? Didn't Mitch raise Cal from infancy to whatever age he is now? Cam and Pam are so manipulative it makes me wonder about the rest of his family.  No wonder Mitch hates visiting.

• Love 23

Other than the "I can take a pill every day" routine, didn't laugh or even smile once in these 22 minutes.

All Jay wants from Gloria is to take care of his kielbasa? Freudian much. And speaking of Freud, Manny found a girlfriend who is almost as manipulative as his mother...without the big boobs!

The whole twins story line is ridiculous...but the whole Dylan/Haley story line has been ridiculous for years.....actually, has there ever been a decent story line for Haley.

And then there is Pam...nah, her awfulness speaks for itself.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, kili said:

I think they missed a golden opportunity by having Pam move into the apartment upstairs. If somebody is living there for free, why not Haley and Dylan? That would mix up the families and give Haley a chance to grow up. Living in her parent's house with Clarie hovering over her shoulder sadly means she will remain dependent on Claire who will not be able to avoid making it clear that she thinks herself the better mother (of course she would be initially - she's raised three kids). Haley needs to be able to be out of the house to really come into her own as a mother. This show is to afraid to let the kids grow up. They writers seem as afraid to fail as Haley. Take a leap and mix it up.

And why does Mitch turn stupid when he is being manipulated by Cam? Cam seriously has a photo album of all the times he helped Mitch's family? That's next level. When Cam was going on about the photo of himself taking Gloria to the airport and having no pictures of Mitch helping his family, Mitch should have told him to put a picture of Cal in there. Didn't Pam live for free for months in their apartment already? Didn't Mitch raise Cal from infancy to whatever age he is now? Cam and Pam are so manipulative it makes me wonder about the rest of his family.  No wonder Mitch hates visiting.

Right and Cam and Mitch have always had a better relationship with Dylan than Claire or Phil. IT would have made sense, and not completely once again show that Claire is going to hover around Haley and Dylan as much as she can. Pretty much saying: "Well, Alex is gone, Luke wants to get away, so Claire needs an excuse to still be controlling." The one thing I did like that Jay talked about how he felt when Phil and Claire got pregnant with Haley. It was a better mirror, but really Jay needed to throw in: "You actually knew how to tie your shoes unlike how the hell Dylan ever got into Nursing school in California." I also just find it odd that Jay doesn't know how to make some of Gloria's dishes by now. He knows how to cook, even knows some of Gloria's basic recipes, so this was too much. Plus, Jay knows Google Mini, but doesn't recognize an Amazon Echo? That didn't make sense when last season and the last three seasons before that, Jay knew how to use Siri and Google Home. Yet, he didn't understand "double tap" on his iPad. I hate when they do that with a person to be one minute able to understand new tech and then the next be: "Why is the coffee grinder talking to me?" That is lazy writing just to do an "he's old joke." 

• Love 4

What an awful, awful episode!  I measure the bad by the cringe-worthyness.  It was stuck on 10 for the entire episode.

First, I despise Pam.  She is a crude, mean, lying, and thoroughly unpleasant bullying bitch.  I had some hope she was there to take her spawn and leave for good - or even to abandon her giant child and disappear forever.  But for reasons beyond comprehension, she has settled in.  Are the writers sadists?

I am sick to death of Cam forcing so much crap on Mitchell - his wretched family and the damn farm.  Didn't he leave the farm for some reason?

Claire demonstrated why Haley has not and never will grow up.  Somehow she will run the closet company and raise Haley's children.  Haley and Dylan will go on as perpetual teenagers.

Gloria continues to manipulate Jay and run Manny's life while blaming Jay for the interference.

I just hated it all so much.  I will watch the rest of the season in hopes of some turnaround, but unless that happens, I can't sign on for another season.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

but her dad is a real estate agent.  Even if they cannot afford a house, he can't find them a better apartment? 

I agree - like he would be honed in on a small house for rent?  Great - now were are stuck with Haley being a ditz and Dylan and Claire butting heads.  They are not married so why does Dylan have to live there?  I would be "sure my daughter can move back home but Dylan......not you."

• Love 2

I'm the Haley and Dylan fan and I don't think they should be having twins or a baby at all.  When they first got back together Dylan had an apartment that wasn't a converted garage, and Haley must be getting paid something at her job so why can't they afford any place better?

I don't remember Pam being this annoying before.  I hate that Cam always wins when Mitchell is always in the right.  I miss Lily, why is she never in their storylines?

I don't like the Jay/Gloria pairing so their plots always bore me, but someone mentioned the plot from last season when Jay learned to double click his iphone, I actually learned from that, never knew that was a thing previously.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, partofme said:

When they first got back together Dylan had an apartment that wasn't a converted garage, and Haley must be getting paid something at her job so why can't they afford any place better?

If I remember, Dylan had roommates. 

Agree with most of y'all. Pam is the worst. When Cal said that Mitch or Cam read to him every night and she commented that was going to stop now... Just so sad. 

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, joanne3482 said:

If I remember, Dylan had roommates. 

Agree with most of y'all. Pam is the worst. When Cal said that Mitch or Cam read to him every night and she commented that was going to stop now... Just so sad. 

Dyan  did have roommates, possibly other nursing students?

One of my big problems with Dylan and Haley’s pregnancy (removing my distaste for the relationship) is that I constantly have to remind myself that they aren’t that young. They’re supposed to be like in their middle 20s, but the way they are written doesn’t show that. A lot of that is due to the fact that Claire and Phil were too hands on for her growing up but I really do feel like they are writing them as two teenagers who are about to have a baby.. wait, who are about to have twins. This isn’t cute or funny.

Also I agree with others, haley and Dylan aren’t married. Or engaged.  Haley should move back but Claire and Phil aren’t required to home Dylan. I mean I know its probably for the wonderful wacky hijinks the show is planning to do, but.. really. Phil and Claire are now going to be taking care of six people! Because let’s be real, Alex and Luke aren’t in great shape either to be functional adults. 

And again I state that Cal would have been better without Pam. We’re we supposed to laugh during that moment when Cal said “they read to me every night” and she said that would stop? That’s not.. funny. 

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Also I agree with others, haley and Dylan aren’t married. Or engaged.  Haley should move back but Claire and Phil aren’t required to home Dylan. I mean I know its probably for the wonderful wacky hijinks the show is planning to do, but.. really. Phil and Claire are now going to be taking care of six people! Because let’s be real, Alex and Luke aren’t in great shape either to be functional adults. 

And again I state that Cal would have been better without Pam. We’re we supposed to laugh during that moment when Cal said “they read to me every night” and she said that would stop? That’s not.. funny. 

First bolding - no they are not.  Heck I would tell Hailey to go live with Dylan and his roommates - shoulda paid more attention to birth control.  

Second bolding:  Yep, just let him play with the Ipad every night for three hours.  It is awesome!

• Love 3
On 1/10/2019 at 12:48 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

First bolding - no they are not.  Heck I would tell Hailey to go live with Dylan and his roommates - shoulda paid more attention to birth control.  

I would never tell my daughter pregnant with twins to go live with her boyfriend and his friends. I would offer to have them live with me until they got on their feet financially.  However, If I was rich as the Pritchetts/Dunphys in the show, I would simply rent or buy them a home. The show could have done the comedy showing Haley and Dylan adjusting to being independent in their own home, not some ridiculous rented garage.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 8
32 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I would never tell my daughter pregnant with twins to go live with her boyfriend and his friends. I would offer to have them live with me until they got on their feel financially.  However, If I was rich as the Pritchett/Dunphys in the show, I would simply rent or buy them a home. The show could have done the comedy showing Haley and Dylan adjusting to being independent in their own home, not some ridiculous rented garage.

Eh. But like I’ve And others been saying having Phil and Claire buy them a home is still enabling them. Just as bad of not more so then having them live in the basement.

Also no Haley shouldn’t live with Dylan and his roommates but she can keep living at home. I don’t see why Dylan is part of the deal too. He has  his own parents. And like I said they aren’t engaged or married. Phil and Claire aren’t responsible for him. They are for Haley and their grandchildren that Haley is carrying.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Halley loves fashion and going out, I have no problem believing that she has no savings and nursing school isn’t cheap so again it’s realistic to me that they could have limited resources.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Also no Haley shouldn’t live with Dylan and his roommates but she can keep living at home. I don’t see why Dylan is part of the deal too. He has  his own parents. And like I said they aren’t engaged or married. Phil and Claire aren’t responsible for him. They are for Haley and their grandchildren that Haley is carrying.

But if Dylan got his own place the twins would stay with their father some of the time. And we all know how Claire feels about Dylan. She would probably not be comfortable if Dylan was taking care of the twins on his own. If Dylan lives at the Dunphy house Claire can make sure that he doesn't screw anything up with her grandkids. For Claire that would probably outweigh the downside of having Dylan in her house all the time.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Halley loves fashion and going out, I have no problem believing that she has no savings and nursing school isn’t cheap so again it’s realistic to me that they could have limited resources.

Yeah, I don’t trust that Haley saves her money at all.  Hell.. I know I’ve bought it back to this moment before but there was an episode a  when she had to give Claire and Phil half of her car payment(insurance I guess? Also.. half! Which means that Claire and Phil cover that bill) and she didn’t have it and had to get money from Luke. So I mean a saver she is not. 

33 minutes ago, paulvdb said:

But if Dylan got his own place the twins would stay with their father some of the time. And we all know how Claire feels about Dylan. She would probably not be comfortable if Dylan was taking care of the twins on his own. If Dylan lives at the Dunphy house Claire can make sure that he doesn't screw anything up with her grandkids. For Claire that would probably outweigh the downside of having Dylan in her house all the time.

Yeah I guess. It’s still dumb though and I’m fully expecting our next batch of episodes are going to hve Claire and/or Phil getting mad about something Dylan does while living there. Which.. we’ll you asked for it. Also again.. this arrangement isn’t helping anyone involved in it. Dylan and Haley will be perpetually children for the rest of their lives.

16 hours ago, readster said:

They have now thrown every TV cliche at Haley, I'm sure we will get the "wacky" delivery too. Stuck in a car/elevator/little brother helping. Really, what pictures does the actress that plays Pam have on the show? Why do they keep throwing her out and then bringing her back and reminding us more and more that someone would have ran her over with a truck and then put a bomb on her and made sure there was a corener declaring her dead. She is seriously the worst character ever to grace the series and that is saying a lot given the drama queen Cam is or all of Gloria's horrible relatives combine. I will say one thing that Jay is right about, Manny has ended up with someone like his mother. Sure she can tell Jay that Gloria has been bossing him around and she is "always" going to have a problem. However, even though she doesn't see it, she does it to Manny because really, I don't care how much of theatre  you love or do. If back in college someone made me wear that I look at her and go: "You are out of your mind!" 

I am so happy that Phil went off saying how he really does hate the entire situation and now gets where Jay was coming from over 25 years ago. However, I'm sorry writers, you can do whatever you want, but Dylan is not a mirror to Phil. No, Phil is unaware at times, but Dylan acts like he is going to need a special aid after he turns 40. 

Yeah, the twin "twist" was 100% expected and I fully expect that the delivery will be the usual  "water breaks in the middle of some big event/can't get to the hospital" snowstorm/elevator/earthquake, family delivers the baby thing. 

Also, Claire and Phil only seeing the garage apartment after they moved in seems highly unlikely. Control freak Claire and Realtor Phil wouldn't have any input into where their heretofore totally dependent, now pregnant, daughter is moving? 

I previously haven't hated Pam as much as everyone else does, but I think this episode pushed me over into the hating her camp. She really doesn't bring anything to the table. Just curious, have we ever seen her interact with any of the rest of the family or have all of her storylines been confined to Mitch and Cam? 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Actually, I don't think that Phil and Claire are responsible for Haley and their future grandchildren.  Haley is responsible for herself and Haley and Dylan are responsible for their future children.  If Phil and Claire want to help out, that's on them.  Haley is 25 and responsible for her decisions and actions; having parents who want to help is wonderful, but parents are not required to help their 25 year old children.  Just my opinion of course.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Actually, I don't think that Phil and Claire are responsible for Haley and their future grandchildren.  Haley is responsible for herself and Haley and Dylan are responsible for their future children.  If Phil and Claire want to help out, that's on them.  Haley is 25 and responsible for her decisions and actions; having parents who want to help is wonderful, but parents are not required to help their 25 year old children.  Just my opinion of course.

I mostly agree with this.  I can't see not helping up to a point, but if help is not conditional on Haley doing things to become independent it is merely enabling her to remain a child forever.  It can be survival level help, not a free cushy ride.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Yeah I agree  but Haley makes sense for why they’re letting her stay. I don’t understand why they’re taking Dylan with her too. I get that this is probably also for Claire’s control and also because I know the show is going to write crazy super fun (sarcasm) storylines with Phil and Claire and Dylan and Haley. Also probably Alex and Luke as well, when the show wants them in the story and remembers they exist. 

Seriously, lately it kind of seems like some of the characters really only exist to move around other people’s stories. Alex and Luke hasn’t had a plot of their own and the only times we really saw them was mainly so that they could find out about her being pregnant and chances are they won’t have much going on with the rest of the season because Haley and Dylan’s story, is going to take center stage. 

The big thing to me is that this whole entire storyline just makes me kind of sad. As I said I really think Haley is settling for a relationship that was done a long time ago. She really has regressed back to being 17 years old with this relationship. The behavior and her reactions are things I would have expected from her at 17. Because there were blips in seasons where she was getting her life together and had a plan.

Then the writers realized they couldnt have her grow up and move on because for some reason, they wanted to keep her in the Dunphy house and basement to keep her in the stories. Which is funny now because the families aren’t as linked as they once were. I know it’s a running joke both meta on the show and on forums that they spent so much time together but it seems odd that they don’t seem to much or when they  do know they all feel so disjointed from each other. Like I forgot that the episode before this one was a big Christmas one and then family spent time together but it didn’t seem like they were as connected as they once used to be.

And I don’t know  why I feel this way. They’ve had other episodes this season where the family has been all together too but they don’t really mesh the way older episodes do when the family was together all the time. They just all feel very disconnected from each other.

• Love 2