Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Ice Queens

• Start Topic

Stassi and Ariana throw an epic winter-themed birthday party; Stassi's new boyfriend gets his first taste of Stassi's bad birthday behavior; Jax confronts Tom Sandoval for questioning his engagement; James finds himself cut off from everyone at SUR.

Airs January 7, 2018.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Michichick said:

Wtf is wrong with Stassi. Why is she texting and calling Beau instead of talking to him in person before she decided to go to bed? Also, she should grow up.

I assume she is drunk.   Or its a story line requirement that she pitches a fit every B-day.

• Love 17

Yup. It truly wouldn't be Stassi's birthday without a meltdown. That was...um...a bit disturbing to watch. Obviously she was quite drunk. But she needs to reign in her diva ways so she doesn't scare off the best guy she's ever been with. It's a loud party. I don't think he was actually ignoring her. And it's just a bit entitled to think he has to go to bed when you do.

But I love them together. So calm yo tits.

I get Sandoval's reservations about Jax; but just address that with HIM. A best friend doesn't go around talking smack on your relationship behind your back.

Y'all, I need help. I was actually feeling badly for James this episode. I don't think I've flip-flopped on anyone on this show like I do him. He can be SO vile. But then he comes off so sincere and contrite when talking to Lisa.

And, I can kind of see why he'd have women issues. His mom is kind of a hot mess. She doesn't seem like the type to really command respect. She was an alcoholic herself, and now she just makes a million excuses for him, which isn't doing him any favors either. 

I don't know, maybe if he could stay sober and get some therapy, he COULD be a better person? 

Scheana and Adam. He's building beds for her, But won't sleep with her? I mean, she's coming on hella strong, so i get it. But then why bother doing her manual labor???

25 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Kristen:  “Showing up at a charity event with a cute dog doesn’t make you a good person.”

.....so says Exhibit A.  

"Charles Manson had dogs".

Did he, though? I'm not saying he couldn't have, but I don't remember anything about that. Did she just throw out the first evil man he thought of?

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

don't know, maybe if he could stay sober and get some therapy, he COULD be a better person? 

I'm going to take a guess and say James can't/won't stay sober. Obviously, alcoholism runs in his family.  

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Yup. It truly wouldn't be Stassi's birthday without a meltdown. That was...um...a bit disturbing to watch. Obviously she was quite drunk. But she needs to reign in her diva ways so she doesn't scare off the best guy she's ever been with. It's a loud party. I don't think he was actually ignoring her. And it's just a bit entitled to think he has to go to bed when you do.

Agreed, I love them together, too. This is one of those situations where I think it would only benefit Beau to have watched past seasons of the show so he already knows not to take anything that happens on her Birthday seriously.  Just shrug it off, dude. It'll be like it never happened soon enough.

I'm also hoping it's just manufactured drama, because dammit these two crazy kids have me rooting for them and I don't wanna see them flop. 

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Did Tom refer to Jax as a recovering sociopath or a recovering psychopath - either way, yikes!

And what university did Tom aquire his degree in psychiatry? Lol! I'm really getting annoyed with all the people who throw out these psychiatric terms about people such as: bipolar/schizophrenic/psychotic/etc. 

1 minute ago, njbchlover said:

James' Mom is just worried about where her next meal is going to come from - I have zero sympathy for James, and I agree, he is an angry little asshole, but if he is to be believed, he is basically supporting the whole family.  

James' Mom looked like she was two days away from working a corner to get her next fix.

Lol! Perfect description!

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I get Sandoval's reservations about Jax; but just address that with HIM. A best friend doesn't go around talking smack on your relationship behind your back.

Y'all, I need help. I was actually feeling badly for James this episode. I don't think I've flip-flopped on anyone on this show like I do him. He can be SO vile. But then he comes off so sincere and contrite when talking to Lisa.

And, I can kind of see why he'd have women issues. His mom is kind of a hot mess. She doesn't seem like the type to really command respect. She was an alcoholic herself, and now she just makes a million excuses for him, which isn't doing him any favors either. 

I don't know, maybe if he could stay sober and get some therapy, he COULD be a better person? 

Scheana and Adam. He's building beds for her, But won't sleep with her? I mean, she's coming on hella strong, so i get it. But then why bother doing her manual labor???

"Charles Manson had dogs".

Did he, though? I'm not saying he couldn't have, but I don't remember anything about that. Did she just throw out the first evil man he thought of?

Bugliosi in his book “Helter Skelter” says Charlie said he liked dogs and therefore couldn’t be a killer.   Ugliosi pointed out that Hitler loved dogs too

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I'm going to take a guess and say James can't/won't stay sober. Obviously, alcoholism runs in his family.  

James has no incentive to get sober. 

He MIGHT consider getting sober only if LVP suspended him from the show. 

• Love 12

I get that Stassi likes demands attention on her BIRTHDAY, but if she wanted to go to bed, why didn't she just go back upstairs to the party and ask Beau to come with her?  Wouldn't that have made more sense that calling/texting his cell phone, knowing he probably wouldn't hear it over the noise of the party?  Stassi just constantly tries to sabotage her own relationships.

From the previews, though, it looks like her Mom assists with the sabotage, though...she's another trainwreck!  

• Love 23

I will never feel bad for James. Okay his home situation was bad, that doesn’t give anyone cause and excuse to be rude to people. Especially when it’s clear you have a problem (for him, drinking) that causes him to react badly and act out and he chooses to keep doing it. And yeah he says he’s better because he didn’t drink for a week but maybe get in a program and then he can talk. Until then.. I can’t feel bad. He knows what he should do but he makes an excuse not to.

I wonder why Stassi left her party.. early anyway and just expects people to know? I’m curious if there’s more to this because it felt like an odd jump cut tht didn’t make sense.

Also damn it vPR when you say on my dvr tht I’m getting two hours, I expect two brand new episode. Not whatever this backstage crap is with the episode I JUST SAW!

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 15

Did anyone else notice how Kristen jumped in the scene where Stassi and Arianna were talking to Raquel about James?  All of sudden, out of nowhere, Kristen appears...."Oh, wow-he hasn't had a drink in a week - good for him!" 

Way to make yourself significant....NOT!!!  And, why oh why, is Kristen gunning for James still?  Hasn't she been with Carter for like three years or something?  Let it the fuck go already--move onward and upward!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

James has no incentive to get sober. 

He MIGHT consider getting sober only if LVP suspended him from the show. 

So true! His Bravo paycheck pays the bills. I doubt a once a week DJ gig could bring in enough to live a decent lifestyle in L.A.  But LVP will keep him around because Bravo wants her to do so. 

• Love 9

I was hoping Tom would have lent that skullcap to Lala when she asked.  She would have rocked it.  Tom, not so much.

I don't know....  For me, a person who can't even count shirts shouldn't be managing a business.

Not feeling the face makeup on Stassi and Ariana.

• Love 13
48 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Tom is such an expert on EVERYTHING....it's friggin' exhausting!  I don't like Sandoval - he's a legend in his own mind - he knows all about all.  

I will give him credit that he looked very cool at the birthday party, but I think he likes "dressing up" just a little too much for my tastes.  Did that headpiece he was wearing remind anyone of the gold leaf stuff that Dorit wore in her hair at one of the RHOBH finales?  

Speaking of Dorit, did y’all see who’s on Million Dollar Listing this season?  Yup, Dorit and what’s-his-name.

• Love 9

I’m over hearing about poor James. He’s someone who shouldn’t drink but he will never stop so I don’t have any sympathy. I also think he is an asshole even when he’s sober so he’s just a shitty person. His mom is garbage too. She would be the type to blame a woman when her son sexually assaults them. Not saying James has done that but just how she was speaking was gross.

Stassi was messed up but it was such  a weird cut it seems like a fake storyline.

Scheana is ff time. Her flirting is awkward.

Also James being fired is such a fake storyline. He is still djing at SUR to this day so I’m over hearing about his firing and possible redemption. I don’t think he was ever fired!

Edited by Marley
  • Love 17

Twenty-six isn't that young. By the time I was 26, I had graduated from college, earned a master's degree, earned a law degree, worked for a year, and finished 2 years of medical school. But admittedly, my family wasn't a Kennedy/Georgiou type mess.

Speaking of medical school, you don't need to be that good at math to be a doctor. However, it would probably help to not have dyscalculia like Schwartz to make sure you're accurately recording the medication dosages that you are giving patients.

According to Ben and Ronnie of Watch What Crappens, the show is not overstating how big a draw James' See U Next Tuesday is. SUR is apparently packed to the gills on Tuesday.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

To be fair, maybe he just had to figure out where he stood on the Rooooooooooooobbbbb scale of home improvement before he was willing to become more, shall we say, intimate.

• Love 10

"He's hot as fuck and maybe one day he'll say yes." Scheana.  Scheana.  When you're throwing yourself that hard at a guy and he's not taking the bait at all, the answer is not to throw yourself even harder.  Have some dignity (hahaha, what show do I think I'm watching?)

James' mom is a nightmare person.  James is 26.  He's an adult, not a child, and he should learn to act like one*.  He should be grown enough that he doesn't need a mother or a mother figure guiding him through the basic day to day task of being a human being.

*not that this doesn't apply to everyone on the show, of course.

• Love 21

Maybe that’s why I can’t stand FI. You aren’t sage or wise. Also whilenhe isn’t alone in being a hypocrite, he sure loves to call out others who talk to their friends and the other cast members of this show when they try to talk like they are above people, but he does it too!

Im glad Stassi and Arinia are fine with each other. Also because t makes Schena freak out and that’s kind of funny to me.

Also James will never happen for me. He drags down my fun Vanderpump Rules watching time. And I can’t get behind “poor james takes care of his entire family” thing. I understand his parents are in a bad way but I don’t know.. this does nothing for me. I mean his parents should get their own lives together and this is probably why james is how he is. He can just pull this card out all the time.

Also I know I’m naive but I’m still rooting for brittany and Jax. And they still seem to be in a good place in real time, they have been spending a lot of time with Lala and “her man” (Tm Lala Kent) since like New Years. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 16
51 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Also because t makes Schena freak out and that’s kind of funny to me.

Me too! Did you see the camera cut to her face when Ariana and Stassi were bonding? Scheana was so pissed!  

3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Did that headpiece he was wearing remind anyone of the gold leaf stuff that Dorit wore in her hair at one of the RHOBH finales?  

OMG! YES! Sad to say, I liked Tom’s better.

3 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Bugliosi in his book “Helter Skelter” says Charlie said he liked dogs and therefore couldn’t be a killer.   Ugliosi pointed out that Hitler loved dogs too

I didn’t know Manson had dogs. Kristen’s mention of Manson made me laugh because I thought of Manson’s more recent fiancée and how people (including Andy Cohen) were saying she looked like Kristen!

C3177D43-C313-4523-AF06-C27B6321966D.thumb.jpeg.793675788c36d66298600c6c393f854e.jpeg

2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

According to Ben and Ronnie of Watch What Crappens, the show is not overstating how big a draw James' See U Next Tuesday is. SUR is apparently packed to the gills on Tuesday.

I don’t doubt that it is a draw, but how many attendees do you all think are regulars? I really think it’s mostly fans of the show who know that it’s a guaranteed time to go to SUR and see at least one cast member. And, if they go during the summer when filming is happening, they’re likely to see more cast members and some drama. Since I don’t think most of the cast work regular hours, that would be the best time to go if you want a guaranteed sighting. When they’ve shown the crowd when he is DJing, I’ve noticed a lot of middle-aged tourist-looking people there taking photos and video. I don’t think they’re there to get down to James’s dope beats.

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Did anyone else notice how Kristen jumped in the scene where Stassi and Arianna were talking to Raquel about James?  All of sudden, out of nowhere, Kristen appears...."Oh, wow-he hasn't had a drink in a week - good for him!" 

Way to make yourself significant....NOT!!!  And, why oh why, is Kristen gunning for James still?  Hasn't she been with Carter for like three years or something?  Let it the fuck go already--move onward and upward!  

If this were the real world, I’d totally be with you. But I love Kristen’s crazy vindictive ass on my television. Kristen is truly at her best (i.e., most entertaining) when she’s trying to take someone down.

• Love 18
4 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

I don’t doubt that it is a draw, but how many attendees do you all think are regulars? I really think it’s mostly fans of the show who know that it’s a guaranteed time to go to SUR and see at least one cast member. And, if they go during the summer when filming is happening, they’re likely to see more cast members and some drama. Since I don’t think most of the cast work regular hours, that would be the best time to go if you want a guaranteed sighting. When they’ve shown the crowd when he is DJing, I’ve noticed a lot of middle-aged tourist-looking people there taking photos and video. I don’t think they’re there to get down to James’s dope beats.

And...? What does it matter if they are regulars? By the time Bravo came to LVP talking about her own spin-off, she'd already seen an uptick in business and traffic at Villa Blanca by tourists and viewers hoping to see a Real Housewife. LVP decided to formalize this by setting her spin-off in her restaurant with her messiest most drama filled staff. From the moment the first season started airing, viewers started showing up at SUR to gawk. Essentially after season 3, none of the cast needed to work there, but LVP absolutely needs to maintain the fiction that customers can see the cast there. Many of the reviews mention the mediocre food, the tacky decor, and disappointment at not seeing the cast there. Making sure the cast is seen is a significant part of LVP's business model, which explains why she's partnering with the Toms and why See U Next Tuesday is important because at the very least James, Peter, and Raquel will be there.* It's a better realized version of Planet Hollywood.

The reality is that LVP doesn't care if you're there for the "right reasons" to partake of the food and drink at SUR. Much like Starbucks hopes you come in for a coffee and pastry, they'll settle for you coming in for free wi-fi knowing that 9 times out of 10 people who do that feel guilty about doing so and buy something anyway.  If you come there to see James, you'll probably get 2 drinks and an appetizer and spend $60 or $70 with tax and tip. You go to Disneyland for a day and spend about $150 for admission and food (if you're being cheap), but you expect to spend at least 8 hours there. LVP gets $60 out of you and you only spend 2 hours in her establishments. See U is perfect because the kitchen closes at 10pm, which means that SUR is only selling their most profitable item--drinks.

The only person who really cares if patrons are there for the right reasons is James because he's hoping these people will buy his music, follow him to other venues, and continue to be fans of his music after his time with the show. Even if both RHoBH and Vanderpump Rules went off the air tomorrow, I think LVP could reasonably expect about 2 years of fan carryover in terms of patronage.

*There is substantial evidence from blogs and Instagram that James was doing See U Next Tuesday even when they weren't filming.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

Me too! Did you see the camera cut to her face when Ariana and Stassi were bonding? Scheana was so pissed!  

OMG! YES! Sad to say, I liked Tom’s better.

I didn’t know Manson had dogs. Kristen’s mention of Manson made me laugh because I thought of Manson’s more recent fiancée and how people (including Andy Cohen) were saying she looked like Kristen!

C3177D43-C313-4523-AF06-C27B6321966D.thumb.jpeg.793675788c36d66298600c6c393f854e.jpeg

Oh joy.  Another Schaena storyline wondering where her place is with her friends.  She wants to be friends with everyone, but as soon as her friends bond with someone else?  I still remember the freaked out crying when Stassi and Katie reunited.

I'm old. So I need a young one to tell me:

Is James a great DJ?  Because if he was a great DJ, wouldn't another club snap him up immediately?  If he brings in that much money, wouldn't he have his pick of clubs to work?  Why hasn't he parlayed his great talent and known tv image into a recording contract?

I say move Hud, John Mellencamp's kid, from bussing to DJing.  

• Love 7