Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Ice Queens

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Michichick said:

Wtf is wrong with Stassi. Why is she texting and calling Beau instead of talking to him in person before she decided to go to bed? Also, she should grow up.

LOL she already took her makeup off, obviously she can't go back outside.  Better option: stay in the room and torpedo her first functional relationship.

8 hours ago, Steph J said:

"He's hot as fuck and maybe one day he'll say yes." Scheana.  Scheana.  When you're throwing yourself that hard at a guy and he's not taking the bait at all, the answer is not to throw yourself even harder.  Have some dignity (hahaha, what show do I think I'm watching?)

He was ready to jump into Brittany's bed at the wave of her hand... maybe Scheana, just maybe, you should learn something from that.  Ex: eat something.

44 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Raquel needs to stop speaking on camera. Did she tell Stassi that she’s not “stupid in the head”?

Yes, because these Empowering Women immediately go to the "You must be mentally deficient" when someone's not lapping up their judgments on their life... at what point are they going to let Raquel live her own life?  I'm sure Stassi remembers how open she was to everyone else's opinion about what she should do with Jax.  

I don't understand why they feel Katie's allowed to be ubersensitive to comments about her weight and everyone must tread lightly but it's perfectly okay to keep calling Raquel an idiot when she's made it clear those comments really hurt her. 

• Love 23

OK... What's the deal between Jame's mom and LVP ? What does she KNOW ? Because that doesn't make any sense ! And the comment regarding the "mother figure" was so weird... Something's not adding up here ! I dunno, but... there's something missing. (And, for real, I'm kinda sad for James and his brother... Talk about dysfuncitonnal family and "leading by example" !)

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I am very confused, because I downloaded the epissode from iTunes and it was only 1 hour. Was this really 2 hours and how can I get the second? 

It was listed as 2 hours, but was only the one hour show repeated back-to-back.  You didn't miss anything.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Y'all, I need help. I was actually feeling badly for James this episode. I don't think I've flip-flopped on anyone on this show like I do him. He can be SO vile. But then he comes off so sincere and contrite when talking to Lisa.

And, I can kind of see why he'd have women issues. His mom is kind of a hot mess. She doesn't seem like the type to really command respect. She was an alcoholic herself, and now she just makes a million excuses for him, which isn't doing him any favors either. 

I don't know, maybe if he could stay sober and get some therapy, he COULD be a better person? 

I have always thought James was a total asshat, but I've also liked him, too. Can't help it. Like his wit. Yes, he's 26, but clearly emotionally immature, which is understandable given his fucked up parents. At least he's stepped up to help the parents and his siblings. I hope he goes to AA or whatever to get sober. Lisa cares about him, so she's going to keep giving him chances. He's her son's friend and she's also friendly with or at least was with the parents. She knows how fucked up they are and will be a mother figure to him as she continues to be with her own kids. 

And because it cannot be stated enough, Katie fucking started it. No he should not have said what he said, but they were all drunk and she levied the first blow.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, rideashire said:

Stassi needs to barricade herself inside her house on her birthdays and not talk to anyone because they never end well. Every single time she has a damn fit.  No more parties, give 'em up. You can't be trusted, Stassi. 

I felt like there was quite a bit of producer manipulation going on in that scene. Not that Stassi can't throw a fit all on her own, but she was so drunk/high/whatever that it wouldn't take much from the producers/camera people to get her going. And to me, that all felt very scripted (by the show runners, not Stassi). It's a show thing for Stassi to throw a tantrum at her parties, so I could definitely believe they were there in the background, "why isn't he answering?" "did he leave?" those kinds of things to get her revved up. I base this both on how it seemed to come out of nowhere/nothing and the way her talking head interview about it was so choppy. She says something like she fears being left, or words to that effect and I wonder what questions the producers were asking her to prompt that response? It didn't have much context.

As to James, if his only nasty comments were to Katie, in response to her commenting on his shorts, I'd have a smidgen of understanding for him. Not that his response to Katie was at all proportional or all right, but okay, she started it technically. The problem with James and how he behaves when he's drinking or even just when he's thinking he's being clever, is that he is equally nasty to someone who's done nothing to him - Brittany (mocking her with Jax's cheating multiple times while she's standing there supporting his performance), or Lala,who was his best friend who he's been going after with super nastiness (don't like Lala and think her "boyfriend" is probably as skeevy as James suggests, but still his attacks are often over-the-top creepy and vile). Even the things he has said to Raquel (his dim girlfriend) when she confronted him about cheating were beyond gross. He goes from 0-10000000000 with everyone the minute he starts to feel defensive or questioned about his behavior. And then he apologizes, cries and starts over.

Notice that in all these instances the subject of his worst attacks are the women on the show. Certainly he's had beefs with Jax, but other than that, I don't remember him becoming so egregiously offensive with any of the men. 

I've never liked Sandoval, but last night he pretty much took the top spot in most loathed when he was commenting to Schwartz about Lisa maybe firing James and said something like he just hated to see James lose his job because Katie was making Lisa fire him. This wasn't just something he said for the show or dramatic purposes, he really looked like he hated Katie there and how dare the bitch take down a guy with her demands? The fact is Lisa "fired" (and I use that term loosely) James because of James's behavior and James's behavior alone. 

• Love 22
9 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Sandoval is jealous AF of Jax getting married. Sandoval wants to marry Ariana and probably wants to plan the entire wedding, too. Saying in a TH that your best friend for life is a reformed sociopath is pretty rough and uncalled for. 

YAS.  I think what's happening here is Sandoval feels he's more worthy of marriage than Jax. 

And also what's happening here is shit doesn't work like that, FITom.

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Stassi, yes, you are sounding like Scheana when you talk about the love of your life Beau. Chill out with that, you are 30 yrs old now. I actually feel a little sorry for Beau because he seems like the type of guy that will do what ever Stassi wants, when ever she wants and he will put up with her shit. That can be exhausting for anyone. 

Seriously!!! I begrudgingly have grown to like Stassi over the years for her quick wit and charisma, but she needs to grow out of her demanding diva princess act already or else she will eventually drive Beau far, farrrr away—-that entitlement shit will very get old after a while.

And why would her drunk boyfriend prefer to leave a perfectly good party hanging with some fun bros just to go cuddle with her? Please girl...learn to read a room and chill the fuck out already—-just let your man relax and have some space to breathe and bond with your friends.

Like I cringed a bit when she slurred to Beau, “I love you so much...” and he merely answered, “I know.” That was some scary shades of Scheana and Rob messiness right there; to her slight credit, at least she called herself out on sounding just like Scheana. She needs to chill a bit now that they’re an established long-term couple though; let’s hope this doesn’t devolve into her eventually angrily demanding or weepingly begging him for a ring/wedding proposal. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

Notice that in all these instances the subject of his worst attacks are the women on the show.

When he fights with Jax he regularly questions/abuses Jax's age, character, weight, and sexuality. 

So contentwise, I'd say Jax receives James' worst attacks (unless "worst" represents which people get the most upset by what James says.)

Just now, Sun-Bun said:

Like I cringed a bit when she slurred to Beau, “I love you so much...” and he merely answered, “I know.” That was some scary shades of Scheana and Rob messiness right there

IMG_4204.png<--The worst thing technology ever did

• Love 4
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

And...? What does it matter if they are regulars? By the time Bravo came to LVP talking about her own spin-off, she'd already seen an uptick in business and traffic at Villa Blanca by tourists and viewers hoping to see a Real Housewife. LVP decided to formalize this by setting her spin-off in her restaurant with her messiest most drama filled staff. From the moment the first season started airing, viewers started showing up at SUR to gawk. Essentially after season 3, none of the cast needed to work there, but LVP absolutely needs to maintain the fiction that customers can see the cast there. Many of the reviews mention the mediocre food, the tacky decor, and disappointment at not seeing the cast there. Making sure the cast is seen is a significant part of LVP's business model, which explains why she's partnering with the Toms and why See U Next Tuesday is important because at the very least James, Peter, and Raquel will be there.* It's a better realized version of Planet Hollywood....

The only person who really cares if patrons are there for the right reasons is James because he's hoping these people will buy his music, follow him to other venues, and continue to be fans of his music after his time with the show. Even if both RHoBH and Vanderpump Rules went off the air tomorrow, I think LVP could reasonably expect about 2 years of fan carryover in terms of patronage.

I don’t disagree with anything you wrote. My main point in discussing the makeup of the crowd was to note that James is not indispensable. He’s just one of Lisa’s party tricks to bring in viewers of the show. She can (and has, in the case of Tom Tom) pick other tricks to bring in the viewers.

The dismay from the business partners was absurd a couple of weeks ago- I don’t think they were that concerned about firing James because they know there are countless ways to bring in viewers.

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Yup. It truly wouldn't be Stassi's birthday without a meltdown. That was...um...a bit disturbing to watch. Obviously she was quite drunk. But she needs to reign in her diva ways so she doesn't scare off the best guy she's ever been with. It's a loud party. I don't think he was actually ignoring her. And it's just a bit entitled to think he has to go to bed when you do.

But I love them together. So calm yo tits.

I get Sandoval's reservations about Jax; but just address that with HIM. A best friend doesn't go around talking smack on your relationship behind your back.

Y'all, I need help. I was actually feeling badly for James this episode. I don't think I've flip-flopped on anyone on this show like I do him. He can be SO vile. But then he comes off so sincere and contrite when talking to Lisa.

And, I can kind of see why he'd have women issues. His mom is kind of a hot mess. She doesn't seem like the type to really command respect. She was an alcoholic herself, and now she just makes a million excuses for him, which isn't doing him any favors either. 

I don't know, maybe if he could stay sober and get some therapy, he COULD be a better person? 

Scheana and Adam. He's building beds for her, But won't sleep with her? I mean, she's coming on hella strong, so i get it. But then why bother doing her manual labor???

"Charles Manson had dogs".

Did he, though? I'm not saying he couldn't have, but I don't remember anything about that. Did she just throw out the first evil man he thought of?

I kept wondering why she didn't just go outside and find him. But...drunk, so...

Agree that Tom should have (also) taken it up with Jax at the time, but I am not convinced that he was "talking smack," per se? My friends and I do talk about each other's situations, even outside the presence of the person whose situation is being talked about, but it's not smack--though I guess I can see how Jax would assume it.

I have a flip-floppy James opinion too! Even when he's an asshole, I sometimes think he's so funny (just like did with Spencer Pratt back in The Hills days).

I don't recall ol' Charles specifically having dogs--like a (nonhuman) pet of his own choosing--but I don't doubt there were a few running around the various premises he occupied.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

It was listed as 2 hours, but was only the one hour show repeated back-to-back.  You didn't miss anything.

The second hour was a repeat of the first, with comments inserted in the lower lefthand corner, such as, Ariana’s dog is extremely calm, Jax and Brittany’s dog barks constantly while they are filming, James really tries to behave himself when LVP is in the same building.  

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Agree that Tom should have (also) taken it up with Jax at the time, but I am not convinced that he was "talking smack," per se? My friends and I do talk about each other's situations, even outside the presence of the person whose situation is being talked about, but it's not smack--though I guess I can see how Jax would assume it.

I would have assumed he was talking smack too based on how it was relayed to him. Classic pot stirring by Lala to even tell Britney about it. 

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

The second hour was a repeat of the first, with comments inserted in the lower lefthand corner, such as, Ariana’s dog is extremely calm, Jax and Brittany’s dog barks constantly while they are filming, James really tries to behave himself when LVP is in the same building.  

Yeah, I'm trying to think if I like the "Pop up Video" version (what did they call it - the "Pumped Up" version?)  But a couple of the comments did sort of hint what we've suspected all along.   The crew does not appear to care for Scheana very much.  There were some interesting tidbits here and there.  How many times did Stassi text Beau? (74).  

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Classic pot stirring by Lala to even tell Britney about it. 

Bad friends tell their friend something stressful right after a relaxing ass facial.

• Love 11

I mean.. I really do think FI is mad that he will probably more than likely never marry Arinia, she has said many times in different seasons, marriage isn’t her thing. When Schena got engaged to shag, she said something like “this isn’t what I dream of but Schena and I are different. And during Schena weddinggn she said it. Same worth katie and Schwartz wedding season. And I think he’s mad that he’s never going to get his own wedding season. Also yeah.. he just talks and says some awful rude things sometimes and never gets called on it. I really cannot forget the way he talked about katie during season 5 when Katie and Schwartz we’re engaged and fighting all the time, for him, it was all Katie’s fault. Schwartz never did anything wrong. It may have been something people joke about(“he’s a Battered wife!”) but when I rewatch, I actually never find it funny. It wasn’t all Katie’s fault and Schwartz rarely had to own up to any of his issues.  I just reallly don’t like FI. And I’m glad to see he may be getting a bad edit, finally.

Anyways. I don’t feel for james. I’ve said why. He knows what he needs to do and just chooses to keep drinking and not get help.

I like stassi. I feel like yeah she has her moments but she’s probably my favorite of all the original cast members. When she wasn’t on the show briefly in season 4, the show suffered. It really did. Stassi brings something. And yeah when she’s talking about beau it is kind of like rob with Schena but honestly to me.. not as bad. I do feel like the outburst was producer manipulation. The cuts were choppy and off. Like how did we get from point A to point z? Normally pump rules editing  is better than that. Unless we see what happens in the next episode what caused this whole thing but otherwise I think we’re supposed to just think Stassi just randomly freaked out? Because that’s what it looked like.

At least when she’s freaked out in the past atbher birthdays, it made sense. Season one Jax showed up in Vegas after she disinvited him, all her friends believed him and chose his side. In the second season, she was mad that katie and Schwartz had a fight and she didn’t like that, plus Jax was being rude and randomly Bringing girls around, seasons 3 and 4, she didn’t have a birthday, season 5 she didn’t have a freakout, and last season I think we all know she had a freakout because Patrick was there and filming and she never knew how to combine all her worlds with Patrick in them. Filming, her friends, and him. Case in point the finale when Patrick formally met Lisa and even Lisa said to her “are you okay?” Because she’s wasnt acting like herself.

• Love 14

I was impressed that Raquel didn't back down to Stassi.  I actually like Stassi, but IRL it annoys me when there's a "queen" that everyone obeys.  Granted, Stassi was blackout-drunk and Raquel's comebacks weren't exactly razor sharp, but still.

I remember this night from their IG stories;  it looked like more fun in real time.  you know, I might even remember the next morning & Beau & Stassi seemed fine, the shenanigans could've been scripted...we don't need that this season, show!!

when they flashed to James, I'm like, whatever, get back to the sparkly house!!! you're gonna come back, you're gonna fuck up again, lather, rinse, repeat

but you know what?  my boy-child is 27 & he has a very successful career in NYC.  but he texts his dad ninety times a week "how do i...?  who do I call....?  where should I get....?" and when he stays with us, he TRASHES the room he stays in, with empty water bottles & clothes all over the floor.  so I can see how James' mom views him as still being her "boy-child"

7 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

In the second season, she was mad that katie and Schwartz had a fight and she didn’t like that, 

oh my goodness she was AWFUL.  I don't know what I'd do if my SO was being an SOB and my girlfriend is screaming "how dare you have a fight on my F*CKING BIRTHDAY!!"

I mean, if she & I were on the same TV show and I didn't want to go back to waiting tables I guess I'd just apologize, but...

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, teapot said:

I was impressed that Raquel didn't back down to Stassi.  I actually like Stassi, but IRL it annoys me when there's a "queen" that everyone obeys.  Granted, Stassi was blackout-drunk and Raquel's comebacks weren't exactly razor sharp, but still.

I remember this night from their IG stories;  it looked like more fun in real time.  you know, I might even remember the next morning & Beau & Stassi seemed fine, the shenanigans could've been scripted...we don't need that this season, show!!

when they flashed to James, I'm like, whatever, get back to the sparkly house!!! you're gonna come back, you're gonna fuck up again, lather, rinse, repeat

but you know what?  my boy-child is 27 & he has a very successful career in NYC.  but he texts his dad ninety times a week "how do i...?  who do I call....?  where should I get....?" and when he stays with us, he TRASHES the room he stays in, with empty water bottles & clothes all over the floor.  so I can see how James' mom views him as still being her "boy-child"

Yeah I think in actual real life, everyone had a good time at the party. I’m pretty sure I remember seeing beau and Stassi on insTagram being fine too. In fact I think this birthday celebration was like a few days thing. I think they hd another party thing the next day that wasn’t part of the big ice queen theme(everyone was wearing normal clothes) but they were still having a party of some kind. I’m thinking this was possibly a party that wasn’t shot for the show, these pictures from Kristen’s insta;

Who knows I could be wrong but it kind of seems like it was a weekend thing.  Also a few days after this was Stassis big outfit of the day party thing and Beau was very much there with her. So I don’t know.. I think this was a fake storyline to fuel drama and to keep the “Stassis birthday meltdown” thing going. Which we don’t need. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

I have a flip-floppy James opinion too! Even when he's an asshole, I sometimes think he's so funny (just like did with Spencer Pratt back in The Hills days).

I LOVE Spencer Pratt - I always found him funny, and loved that he was able to get under the skin of perfect little princess Lauren.  

25 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I mean.. I really do think FI is mad that he will probably more than likely never marry Arinia, she has said many times in different seasons, marriage isn’t her thing. When Schena got engaged to shag, she said something like “this isn’t what I dream of but Schena and I are different. And during Schena weddinggn she said it. Same worth katie and Schwartz wedding season. And I think he’s mad that he’s never going to get his own wedding season.

Yeah he wants to marry Ariana, but she doesn't believe in marriage (eye-roll), as she thinks it is beneath her.  She is just so smart, she can't understand why idiots get married.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Bugliosi in his book “Helter Skelter” says Charlie said he liked dogs and therefore couldn’t be a killer.   Ugliosi pointed out that Hitler loved dogs too

Thank you! It's been about 30 years since I read that book. I truly did not remember that part. I guess I'm just over Kristen trying to sound funny. 

14 hours ago, ivygirl said:

To be fair, maybe he just had to figure out where he stood on the Rooooooooooooobbbbb scale of home improvement before he was willing to become more, shall we say, intimate.

He just seemed really uncomfortable with her, and all her innuendos. He seemed to visibly bristle when she came up behind him and touched his shoulder. I don't know. Something's off. 

13 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

I think Jax absolutely has some sociopathic tendencies (and might be a sociopath), which is probably why he can actually be really good at reading people and their intentions sometimes. He was spot on when he said Tom is upset because his best friends are getting married and he is with someone who doesn’t want to get married. FI loves being the wise leader and voice of reason (not saying he is either of those things, but he sure fancies himself that) with Schwartz and Jax, whether he’s advising them on modeling, fashion, or relationships. I think that’s why he’s taken such a shine to James this season— he’s younger, not married (or close to it) and a hot mess. That makes FI feel better about himself.

100% Agree. Tom has seemed super bitter for a few seasons now. I think he loves Ariana, but is growing to realize she really isn't going to change her mind about marriage/children. And I think he made SUCH a production about how perfect they were for each other, after leaving Kristen, that he feels he can't back out now. But I don't see a lot of happiness with him anymore. 

6 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Raquel needs to stop speaking on camera. Did she tell Stassi that she’s not “stupid in the head”?

Yup. To which I replied, "But you are stupid in the foot."

• Love 14
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Stassi, yes, you are sounding like Scheana when you talk about the love of your life Beau. Chill out with that, you are 30 yrs old now. I actually feel a little sorry for Beau because he seems like the type of guy that will do what ever Stassi wants, when ever she wants and he will put up with her shit. That can be exhausting for anyone. 

I don't think she sounds like Scheana talking about Rob. Scheana was different for a few reasons. One, she had JUST left Shay. Her HUSBAND. She seemed to have moved on way too fast and it was a bit tacky how she was lauding her current beau by constantly comparing him to her ex. Also, Rob seemed indifferent, at best, to Scheana. Beau clearly adores Stassi. She had such a crappy run; it's nice seeing her with someone who treats her as an equal. I follow them both on IG, and he's not really a pushover or anything. I think he's just a very chill, easy-going dude. But they have a ton of fun together, snipe at each other, and support each other. It's pretty refreshing, actually. 

• Love 24
10 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Thank you! It's been about 30 years since I read that book. I truly did not remember that part. I guess I'm just over Kristen trying to sound funny. 

He just seemed really uncomfortable with her, and all her innuendos. He seemed to visibly bristle when she came up behind him and touched his shoulder. I don't know. Something's off. 

100% Agree. Tom has seemed super bitter for a few seasons now. I think he loves Ariana, but is growing to realize she really isn't going to change her mind about marriage/children. And I think he made SUCH a production about how perfect they were for each other, after leaving Kristen, that he feels he can't back out now. But I don't see a lot of happiness with him anymore. 

Yup. To which I replied, "But you are stupid in the foot."

Yeah it is funny to see that years later Tom is realizing Ariana isn’t planning to change. I think he thought if he waited it out after living together she would change it. But she hasn’t. He’s now “co-owning” a bar and that hasn’t made her change her feelings on the matter. And I think he’s angry that Jax is now getting an engagement and probably next season will be his  and Brittany’s wedding season. Or it may be both theirs and Lalas wedding season. I mean.. can you imagine the fury that will happen if Stassi or Kristen get engaged? Heads will roll. 

And I agree with someone else, I don’t see beau as pushover. I’ve heard podcasts with Stassi and Beau and he definitely calls her out on things. I just think he get her. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, esco1822 said:

I would have assumed he was talking smack too based on how it was relayed to him. Classic pot stirring by Lala to even tell Britney about it. 

Yeah, if there is one thing that "reality" at which cast members are universally expert, it's telling people questionable stuff at the most inopportune of times. 

• Love 8

I LOVE Spencer Pratt - I always found him funny, and loved that he was able to get under the skin of perfect little princess Lauren.  

Stassi interviews him on her podcast. It's actually the only episode I have listened to (because Stassi? And Spencer?! OK!) and I confess to having no idea what they were talking about half the time. 

I frankly wonder if Jax will ever marry.  He seems the type to change his mind.

Ariana says she does not want to marry, but my guess is she has no plans to marry FI.  

Katie told James his pants were down (kind of like, there is spinach on your teeth - a heads up), and he responds by screaming, “Lose some fucking weight!”  In front of a crowd of people.  That was a real escalation of the discourse and uncalled-for.  It isn’t that he treats women so much worse than he treats men, but that his defense mechanism is to escalate and attempt to terrorize and embarrass.  Following on the heels of his public remarks about J and B, the only conclusion is that he is happy making others squirm.  Bad character trait.

it’s funny to me to read that FI wants a “wedding show,” like a girl would.  No bride would stand a chance with his need to be the “prettiest” at all times.

As to the Scheana extolling Rob thing, what stood out was her assertion that he was her fantasy love throughout her relationship and marriage with Shay.  That was the element that rendered her pronouncements worthy of ridicule.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 14
14 minutes ago, SFoster21 said:

Ariana says she does not want to marry, but my guess is she has no plans to marry FI.  

Yeah, I could totally see her marrying the very next guy she's with, like six months after whatever date she and FI breakup. She's too cool for it right now, but I just watched the "behind the scenes" of the first year and it's clear that she once thought she was too cool to be on a reality show, until she changed her mind. My prediction is when the show is done (either for her or when it ends), she'll be done with FI and we'll hear that she's engaged within the year after that. 

• Love 14

Didn’t Ariana say she does not want kids? I could see her never wanting to be married if that’s the case. I know that is one of the reasons that I have felt no need to get married despite being in a committed relationship for 15 years. It’s not something everyone wants.

Schenna “flirts” as awkwardly as Cynthia from RHOA. It literally makes me cringe. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 16

I also think Arinia has no plans to marry because her parents had a messy relationship. A couple seasons back when she was talking about having her first birthday since her dads death, she mentioned her parents relationship. It seems like from how she explained it they were on track to get divorced but then her mom got pregnant with her brother and then broke up for good. So I think that sours her on marriage.

Also I don’t see her as ever wanting kids. It doesn’t seem like she wants to be a mom and that’s a perfectly acceptable choice. 

• Love 14
20 hours ago, njbchlover said:

James, and I agree that he is an angry little asshole, but if he is to be believed, he is basically supporting the whole family.  

Where does James get the money for his mommy's plastic surgery?  She's obviously plasticized (probably not a word but it it is now!) 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

This, but even more is Sandoval's need to be the star of the show.  He knows the Jax/Britney engagement/wedding will divert attention away from him & TomTom.

1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

Yeah, if there is one thing that "reality" at which cast members are universally expert, it's telling people questionable stuff at the most inopportune of times. 

Yes, like it's their job :)

• Love 15
9 hours ago, Drogo said:

LOL she already took her makeup off, obviously she can't go back outside.  Better option: stay in the room and torpedo her first functional relationship.

She was clearly fucked up and drunk. I laughed at her neck piece on her costume getting stained from whatever she took from that shot out of the ice luge. 

Listening to her podcast, she talks a lot about how Beau is a social butterfly and likes to go out while she prefers to stay in and not be out too late.  So her wanting to pack it in at 2am and go to bed doesn't surprise me. Her having a fit because she was ready for bed and Beau wasn't responding, doesn't surprise me.  Even though it's the best relationship she has been in, doesn't mean she always knows how to handle it. Look at her past relationships, full of drama and bullshit and her freaking out as a result.  Being drunk, likely on Adderall (she's talked on her podcast how she's stopped or weaned herself off of the xanex she uses for sleeping or whatever) is just a recipe for her crashing and freaking out.  

Beau's mom is also a relationship therapist, so Beau doesn't really indulge Stassi's tantrums, so it will be interesting how this plays out next episode.  The freak out may have been for storyline though so YMMV.  

I wouldnt' want James at the party either,  having him come to an event full of booze and people he has purposefully antagonized for months is a bad combination.  He needs to stay home. Raquel should have as well because she's going to defend James (even though on this one he is indefensible when it comes to Katie, Lala and Brittany and how he's attacked them) and it just puts her in an awkward position.  Stassi was bang on when she told Raquel that James got himself fired.  I love that about Stassi because a lot of times (not always) she is right on stuff like this.  

• Love 18
7 hours ago, Drogo said:

When he fights with Jax he regularly questions/abuses Jax's age, character, weight, and sexuality. 

So contentwise, I'd say Jax receives James' worst attacks (unless "worst" represents which people get the most upset by what James says.)

IMG_4204.png<--The worst thing technology ever did

I fucking hate that. If anybody ever texted that to me (especially if they paid to get that emoji in their own likeness), I’d happily never speak to them again.

• Love 9

I really do think producers made them Stassi beau fight happen. Because I remember seeing them on Instagram and everything being okay the next day. As I said I follow these people on Instagram. It makes me sad that the show feels we wouldn’t like what reallly happens to these people.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I really do think producers made them Stassi beau fight happen. Because I remember seeing them on Instagram and everything being okay the next day. As I said I follow these people on Instagram. It makes me sad that the show feels we wouldn’t like what reallly happens to these people.

Or it could be given that she was clearly drunk and we only see them talking about it in the past tense it was fine the next morning.

• Love 5

I've always thought Stassi was hilarious, but I've started to really like her too.

She had my favorite moment this episode, when talking about her asshole ex .  "Patrick, I hope I'm not being too myopic, but I'm really enjoying how non divisive my new relationship is, you fucking dick!" And she looked so pleased with herself, it was cute.  I think I actually clapped! * I'm rewording her quote because I have memory leakage.*

Man, Scheana has NO problem humiliating herself on TV. You just know Roooooobbbb is watching and wondering what the actual hell he was thinking!

Lala used to be fun, now she's just useless and boring.

Sandoval is such a little diva prick.

• Love 19
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I agree. That scene reminded me of an office dynamic, Scheana as the supervisor, Adam, the subordinate. So it kind of seemed sexual harassment-y. 

I wonder if Adam thinks he has to be polite to Scheana, in order to really get his foot in the VPR door. 

Mind you, I do like Adam. He seems nice and normal so far. I really have no reason to suspect that he’s fame-hungry. 

• Love 3

Given Sandoval's transparency about wanting to marry Ariana and have kids with her and her honesty about wanting neither of those things, I can see his comments coming from a place of bitterness or jealousy that maybe he isn't even aware he's exhibiting because let's be honest, regardless of intent, he didn't say anything wrong. He said he hope Jax doesn't revert to the asshole he once was and that's what I think everyone, including Brittany is thinking but not willing to say out loud. Jax is the last person I'm going to sit and listen to complain about what others say about him. He's quick to point out others being judgmental about him yet when he's talking shit about other people, that apparently doesn't count. You don't even need to go beyond this episode to see him talk shit about someone else's relationship but then claim that he would never do that to his friend, making himself a victim. A few months acting like a decent human being doesn't earn you the complete benefit of the doubt and complete trust from your inner circle that you are in fact a changed man.

Seeing James' mother speak and listening to him talk about his childhood makes me understand him a bit more but it doesn't excuse his behaviour. Understanding what experiences led to you the fuck ups isn't enough if you aren't willing and actively trying to better yourself. James says all the right things to Lisa but he's hardly ever doing the right things. I can appreciate that he's taking care of his family and taking on a responsibility that at his age, he shouldn't have to, but again, hardship isn't a license to act like an asshole. A few tears and acting like he's never gonna get drunk again is not gonna cut it.

Stassi should not have birthdays. She's always a damn mess by the end of it and it ain't cute. Also, why are you talking about being left? He didn't drop you home and go back to the party? You're in the same damn house. Why not just go to him and tell him in person? Also, Stassi is displaying a tendency to be dependent on her partner to feel safe and validated and it often comes out when she's drunk and especially needy. Stassi is far more tolerable now but I hope she is able to evolve and love herself on her own than relying on a man to 'bring' those qualities out in her.

Scheana, you are embarrassing. Good Lord.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 17
8 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I really have no reason to suspect that he’s fame-hungry. 

Getting a bar back job at Sur, being on this show and voluntarily hanging out with Scheana are enough reasons for me to think he is definitely a fame whore.

• Love 20
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Getting a bar back job at Sur, being on this show and voluntarily hanging out with Scheana are enough reasons for me to think he is definitely a fame whore.

At least he likes Game of Thrones. 

• Love 10

Lisa was on Andy's show last night, and when Andy asked her whether she thought Jax had changed, she replied "you've got to have Faith," which got "a big belly laugh" from Ken and about a third of the audience.  I have to say this is about the cruelest thing I've heard in awhile.  It was premeditated, it was said on live national TV, wasn't even remotely clever, and, worst, it was punching down, which is what I think separates it from "you dumb twat," "look at your shorts," and "lose some weight."  Then Lisa said that, out of all the girls, she'd want Brittney marrying into her family the most. With a potential in-law with passive-aggression like that, I think the idea of becoming Mrs. Cauchi is looking better and better.  

I now hate Lisa the most.  For reasons stated above, she is worse than James IME.  Go pick on someone who a.) ever did anything even slightly untoward to you; and b.) has something approximating the same socioeconomic status as you, not an employee, even if she's only an employee INO.  It's an abomination.  Meanwhile, Lisa is grabbing at her giant, deflated, drooping tits and exclaiming "they're real!" Yet no one will tell her how vulgar she is.  The emperor has no clothes.

Edited by LibertarianSlut
The outrage is on Brittany's behalf, to clarify. Jax is more of a grey area.
  • Love 7

I really hate to have such a hopeless opinion on someone, but I feel James has shown how manipulating he is, and how he can feign earnest remorse when it suits him, and this is one of those times. Every time he's denied cheating even as he is shown a selfie of himself in bed with another woman. The last time he cried and begged for his job back, claimed he eats ice cream when be wants a drink, etc. I want to believe him, and see something good. But look how he's wrapped his mom around his finger, how she excuses him. Right now I think he's playing a long game, putting on a show so Lisa can See How He Has Changed.

I just feel he's one of those people who needs a truly Earth shattering event to change. I don't wish that on him, though.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I didn’t like Spencer but I liked your comment about Arinia.

Pure curiosity here: you consistently refer to her as Arinia instead of Ariana. I feel like there’s a joke about her name that I’m missing. Can you clue me in on the joke?

• Love 3