Type keyword(s) to search

Endeavour - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Division sucks.

Bright rocks.

Nine seasons of being nervous for Thursday. I see that's not abating until the curtain comes down.

Mixed feelings here about Joan making a date of sorts with Morse. She's engaged to her father, glancing over at her mother to see her own future, and what? A last fling with Endeavor or just bringing closure to their story?

• Like 7

Sooooo

As someone who’s watching Endeavour for the first time (and knowing I’ll be buying the whole series on dvd): can anyone tell me who Mr “Whotcher?” is, at Morse’s door, there at the end?

• Useful 2
7 hours ago, voiceover said:

Sooooo

As someone who’s watching Endeavour for the first time (and knowing I’ll be buying the whole series on dvd): can anyone tell me who Mr “Whotcher?” is, at Morse’s door, there at the end?

I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but he looked like the West Side Story version of Peter Jakes, the victimized constable from the Lost Boys episode in season 2 that occurred at Blenheim Vale. I have absolutely no recollection of what happened to his character. I recall that Thursday was shot and Morse subsequently  incarcerated because of BV. I think I have that right.  Like 7-Zark-7 I must scramble to fill in multiple memory gaps. I too fear for Thursday - and Bright, as well. But what a guy my man Bright is! Do the right thing full speed ahead! I saw a funeral procession in the snippets used to tease the next episode. Could it please be someone I don't know? .

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, tootsie said:

I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but he looked like the West Side Story version of Peter Jakes, the victimized constable from the Lost Boys episode in season 2 that occurred at Blenheim Vale.

It is!  Thanks to IMDB "At the very end of the story, Morse is astonished by the sudden reappearance of Jack Laskey in the role of DS Peter Jakes - who quit the police force and went to America at the end of the "Arcadia" episode in Season Three."

I forgot about another Brideshead shoutout - one of the gang of idiots stuttered just like Anthony Blanche.

And, oh Thursday, Win did not want you to transfer to another city.  You should know better by now than to ignore what she wants. 

Edited by M. Darcy
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2
17 hours ago, surfgirl said:

I'm new to Endeavor, I love it but I thinknI only maybe watched last season? Should I just not watch this current final.season and go back and start at the beginning?

Also, I know that Morse and Insoector Lewis are related to Endeavor. What order is best to watch? Start with Endeavor, since it's his early years, then Morse because it's his later years, and then Lewis?

Lewis went on in the force after Morse died. Moreover, he’s the only one of Morse’s seconds (and you will recognize some of the young actors) who lasted (Morse’s grumpiness drove them all away quite quickly, and he always seemed surprised).

You might find it difficult to watch the original series after having been spoiled by the production excellence of Endeavor, but it is worth watching. In its day it was quite a dramatic novelty. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Everyone looks older in this second episode of the season. Bright looks very neat, slicked, and polished (ep. 1, I kept staring at his collar as his hair was long enough in back to do a little flip). I almost didn’t recognize Joan at the dinner table. 

They really are putting in snippets that hint at future Morse-Strange relations. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, tootsie said:

But what a guy my man Bright is! Do the right thing full speed ahead!

When Bright took a breath and said, "But they're not here." I had chills.  He has so few lines, but he makes each one count.

Thursday had such a great speech during the interrogation of the first prissy young gentleman, I had to back up and listen to it again.

I'm never entirely sure what's going on, but the creation of atmosphere and wonderful acting has me feeling frightened all the time anyway. 

I'm so sad to think we only have one more episode.

• Like 12

After watching 2 or 3 seasons of Endeavour, I re-watched Morse.  I found Morse interesting originally but I don't think I felt emotionally engaged with the character; on re-watch, I really didn't like him at all.  He was "sensitive" and damaged, but instead of feeling sympathetic toward him, the bitterness was too predominant for me to really care about him.  In this last season before Endeavour becomes Morse, I can barely connect the two.  The seeds of hard bitterness are there and he is his worse enemy in his bound up emotions, unable to express himself or show his vulnerability, but I feel enormous sympathy for him.

I'm not sure the disconnect I feel has to do with the writing or acting but I suspect it is due to Shaun Evans showing his raw feelings in his eyes.  He is an extraordinary actor.

I really don't know how they can satisfactorily wrap up this show in one episode and I worry about who they are going to kill off.

I wish we could ignore that Endeavour becomes Morse and just go forward.

I have to say how much I dislike Joan.  It's not enough that she made no effort to have a relationship with Endeavour and so obviously is settling for Strange, but she has to be a tease now, inviting Endeavour out for a drink.  I won't use either of the words I would like to call her. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, buttersister said:

Nine seasons of being nervous for Thursday. I see that's not abating until the curtain comes down.

I feel like the anvils of doom were falling pretty heavily with the number of times they talked about how close he is to retirement, his decision about leaving and how much longer he'll be there, and the talk about protecting the people you love. All that put a flashing DOOMED! sign over his head. If it weren't for the existence of the Morse series, I might read all that as setup for the series ending with Morse sacrificing himself to save Thursday and/or his family, with the awareness that he doesn't really have anything to live for, but since we know he lives, it makes me worry for Thursday. He's not mentioned on Morse, is he? I guess there's just enough time for him to be thoroughly retired and elsewhere before that series starts, but it seems like the main options are that he's dead or that they have a major falling-out and completely part ways.

• Like 3

I don't usually jump to conclusions about pregnancy, but I thought Sara Vickers must have been pregnant.  I found the answer - she filmed 6 weeks after the birth of her second baby.

• Like 4
  • Useful 6
6 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

He's not mentioned on Morse, is he?

Yeah my understanding is

Spoiler

he's an original character to Endeavour. There's apparently no mention of him in the original books or show. I've always feared for Fred based on this information! 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

I was impressed by how hard Morse fought Thursday to get Strange off the case and safe. That's really being the best man when the bloke got the girl you want.

I like 'Endeavour' and I really liked 'Lewis' (until I found out what Fox is like and that soured the series for me) but I could never get into the original Morse. He was too unsympathetic a character for me.

16 hours ago, buttersister said:

Mixed feelings here about Joan making a date of sorts with Morse. She's engaged to her father, glancing over at her mother to see her own future, and what? A last fling with Endeavor or just bringing closure to their story?

Her brother told her to go after what she really wants and not just settle. It felt to me like she wanted to check out if she had a chance or if Morse really was a lost cause.

2 hours ago, Suzn said:

I don't usually jump to conclusions about pregnancy, but I thought Sara Vickers must have been pregnant.  I found the answer - she filmed 6 weeks after the birth of her second baby.

Ah! Thank  you. I wondered if she was pregnant.  Good for her for being back to work so soon.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
On 6/20/2023 at 1:20 PM, statsgirl said:

It look me a while to figure out that that's why she insisted on getting the gold-wrapped sweeties, so that she would be protected from an accidental poisoning. But yeah, it didn't make sense to keep such a dangerous allergy from her co-workers.

More evidence that Morse is not the guy you should be having a relationship with. To quote Beatrice in Much Ado About Nothing, he is too costly for everyday wear.

I don't feel bad for Morse or Joan, they've both knuckleheads about their relationship to each other, alternately longing and pushing each other away. If Joan has decided that she's going to accept Strange, something that I can understand of a woman in the sixties, without speaking to Morse first, so be it.

I do feel bad for Strange though. I hope that he never realizes that he was the 'settle for' option for Joan.

I don't think either guy is right for Joan. Morse is too complicated and she is settling for Strange. The thing is, I don't think Strange is really that in love with her either. It seems like he has decided that she will be a good companion and good for his career but I don't see any great feeling from him.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I was impressed by how hard Morse fought Thursday to get Strange off the case and safe. That's really being the best man when the bloke got the girl you want.

I like 'Endeavour' and I really liked 'Lewis' (until I found out what Fox is like and that soured the series for me) but I could never get into the original Morse. He was too unsympathetic a character for me.

Her brother told her to go after what she really wants and not just settle. It felt to me like she wanted to check out if she had a chance or if Morse really was a lost cause.

Ah! Thank  you. I wondered if she was pregnant.  Good for her for being back to work so soon.

I really like Endeavour, Morse is cold and hard to hook into. My favorite was Lewis, it has dark parts but is also lighter than the other two. The only problem with it, is finding out what an ass Laurence Fox is. 

• Like 10

I am so grateful to this thread for remembering more than I do about certain events. I don't remember Thursday being shot and Morse being arrested.  You would think I would remember this if I had seen these episodes.

The missed pub date is the relationship of Morse and Joan in a nutshell.  She'll think he flaked out on her or decided not to come while he was unavoidably delayed.

The aristo jerks are another example of why people often believe that the French Revolution was fundamentally right (before it became the Terror obviously). You want the Scarlett Pimpernel and what you are getting are young men like that.

I sincerely hope a scene in the finale preview is misleading.

How can they wrap all of this up to my satisfaction in the finale?

• Like 7
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

40 minutes ago, geekgirl921 said:

I could never get into the original Morse. He was too unsympathetic a character for me.

I thought I was about the only one who felt that way!

• Like 9
58 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I watched one episode of the original show that was okay-ish and then tried to watch more and just wasn't interested. I also tried one of the books and didn't care for it. I'm honestly surprised I like Endeavour as much as I do, but I only tried it because a former boss with similar taste in TV shows and books told me to try it. I'm glad I listened to her suggestion. I introduced my grandparents to it too and they really like it. (We watch it together and have thoughts about Morse's facial hair as it comes and goes. LOL) I can't imagine them liking Morse any better than I did, though.  

• Like 6
4 hours ago, Zella said:

I can't imagine them liking Morse any better than I did, though.  

Heh, give them a chance. I've watched each episode more than once. Older Morse isn't too grumpy for me, it was refreshing to have a lead that didn't smile his way out of scenes or pander to anyone. Older Morse was my Morse, so when Endeavor came along with this skinny guy came along, I didn't think it was going to work out at all. Happy to have been mistaken. There's room enough for both in my universe.

Shaun Evans has brought a depth of sadness to the character that was previously mostly hinted at--or manifested in anti-social behavior. But then, styles of acting--and writers--have changed.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, buttersister said:

Heh, give them a chance. I've watched each episode more than once. Older Morse isn't too grumpy for me, it was refreshing to have a lead that didn't smile his way out of scenes or pander to anyone. Older Morse was my Morse, so when Endeavor came along with this skinny guy came along, I didn't think it was going to work out at all. Happy to have been mistaken. There's room enough for both in my universe.

Shaun Evans has brought a depth of sadness to the character that was previously mostly hinted at--or manifested in anti-social behavior. But then, styles of acting--and writers--have changed.

I so agree. You can certainly understand the view that Old Morse is an “unsympathetic” character, when so much of his sadness was brought on by his own missteps..how many times while watching the original series did you shout warnings at your television, "Don't do that, Morse!"? But still, the genius of his detecting, solving puzzles, enjoying theater and music made him sympathetic in my (much younger) mind.
I wanted to throttle that director last episode who totally diminished Endeavor’s pride in the choir performance. I always enjoyed the scenes where Morse’s choir performed because they were so good! On the job, Morse was continually vexed by bureaucratic walls thrown in front of him and I certainly sympathized with that. It’s especially satisfying, in the current story to see all of our protagonists devising work-arounds for the current obstructions. Unfortunately, sadly, it probably won’t end well for one of them. Even more sadly, Endeavor will feel responsible, which in turn, will allow the others to blame him.

• Like 5

Ugh!  I hate when they drag back in plot points or characters from YEARS back and expect the viewers to remember all the details.  I'm lucky to still have a grasp on last season.   

I really don't like Morse.  He stands around with either an astonished look or a condescending look in almost ever situation.  Seriously, DO NOT like the character at all. 

I was hoping Joan was asking him for a drink to suggest he back out of the best man gig for Strange. 

She told her brother Strange makes her feel safe & taken care of.  Sounds like a good basis for a marriage, because the passion & sex usually drain away.  Morse & Joan would end up hating each other and Morse would keep climbing back in the bottle. 

Sadly, I've realized I don't really care about anybody but Bright & Thursday.  I'll actually be relieved next week when it's all over.  

• Like 4
10 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

The missing years of Endeavor Morse' life between the end of Endeavor and the beginning of  Morse series will make a great series too.  There must be 15 years of service to see how Endeavor  became the person Morse. 

As I understand it Endeavour is supposed to be the last Morse series per Colin Dexter's wishes.  His estate would probably stop any attempts at another series.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

As I understand it Endeavour is supposed to be the last Morse series per Colin Dexter's wishes.  His estate would probably stop any attempts at another series.

Well, until the money runs out.  The estate of Agatha Christie never says no to a new adaptation, whether it be in print or TV or film.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4

My problem with the original Morse wasn't the character being unlikable. I watch and read and enjoy a lot of things about characters significantly more unlikable than Morse. I just didn't find him very interesting. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Hard to believe there is only one episode left to go.  I really so hope that Thursday and Bright make it out alive.   It was interesting to me that Bright was looking at a travel brochure for India (a place where he lived when young and in his prime).   Maybe he is looking for a new adventure and that in 1972, India hadn't changed as much as the Western World had. 

As for the young rich punks - I got a real "Clock Work Orange" vibe from them (and the movie had come out around that time).  I was surprised that one of them was called  Lord Ormsby Gore as that is the real last name of a prominent (and tragic)  British family.  The current Lord Harlech is an Ormsby Gore and Eric Clapton had been in a fairly long relationship with Alice Ormsby Gore who died of a drug overdose (I think she would have been the aunt of the current Lord Harlech).  

• Like 3
  • Useful 6
1 minute ago, 12catcrazy said:

I was surprised that one of them was called  Lord Ormsby Gore as that is the real last name of a prominent (and tragic)  British family. 

Another poster mentioned that Archibald Ormsby-Gore, better known as Archie, was the teddy-bear of English poet laureate John Betjeman, and Archie became the model for Aloysius, Sebastian Flyte's bear in Evelyn Waugh's novel Brideshead Revisited.

• Useful 6
(edited)
12 minutes ago, 12catcrazy said:

Hard to believe there is only one episode left to go.  I really so hope that Thursday and Bright make it out alive.   It was interesting to me that Bright was looking at a travel brochure for India (a place where he lived when young and in his prime).   Maybe he is looking for a new adventure and that in 1972, India hadn't changed as much as the Western World had. 

As for the young rich punks - I got a real "Clock Work Orange" vibe from them (and the movie had come out around that time).  I was surprised that one of them was called  Lord Ormsby Gore as that is the real last name of a prominent (and tragic)  British family.  The current Lord Harlech is an Ormsby Gore and Eric Clapton had been in a fairly long relationship with Alice Ormsby Gore who died of a drug overdose (I think she would have been the aunt of the current Lord Harlech).  

Yes, I got the "A Clockwork Orange" shoutout right from the beginning with Purcell's Funeral Music for Queen Mary.  Synthesized, it was the theme music for ACO.  Also the masked posh boys reminded me of masked Alex and his Droogs.  There's a write-up on these similarities,   https://inspectormorse.fandom.com/wiki/Uniform

I saw ACO as a college sophomore in early 1972, and I don't recall any other movie discussed as often as it was.  Also, Russell Lewis uses as his twitter avatar a picture of the late Patrick Magoo in his ACO role.

Edited by sagittarius sue
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

I really enjoyed old curmudgeon Morse (mourned his death as if he weren't fictional) but maybe one had to watch the series in the time contemporary to its production to truly appreciate both protagonist and show. I devoured the books as they came out but on second readings years later found them harder to read tho I have kept The Remorseful Day for yet another read. I fear I am dumbing down with age. 

Another topic: Would dearly love to figure out the nemesis at the heart of this season's overarching mystery before Sunday night. Regarding that, there are  bodies of a former secretary of Blenheim Vale and the missing 4th bad guy from a previous scandal buried on the BV grounds, right? And the secretary's son's murdered body was found on college grounds during a musical reception. Are these the only victims of some mysterious and threatening cabal/person we have so far, since the clue-sharing cover artist ended up being a hit and run?  What/who am I missing? The puzzle is always key for me and I like playing with clues but maybe that's only supposed to work for the weekly micro-mystery and not for the macro mystery which appears to threaten all our heroes.

• Like 5

Is there a summary of the Blenheim Vale case somewhere, for those of us who don't have time to search for the relevant episodes and rewatch them?  adTHANKSvance!

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, tootsie said:

I really enjoyed old curmudgeon Morse (mourned his death as if he weren't fictional) but maybe one had to watch the series in the time contemporary to its production to truly appreciate both protagonist and show.

I may be a little older than the average poster, but I was introduced to Morse through Colin Dexter's books back in the 80's which led me to the show which is one of the few times a TV show has improved on the original source material.  I loved grumpy Morse.  He always solved the case, he loved his beer, his classical music, his crosswords and The Archers.  He was brilliant.  The Daughters of Cain is still one of my favorite mysteries.  I recently re-watched an old episode, and boy does it ever look like an old episode!

5 minutes ago, Driad said:

Is there a summary of the Blenheim Vale case somewhere, for those of us who don't have time to search for the relevant episodes and rewatch them?  adTHANKSvance!

Am I the only one sick of Blenheim Vale!  End already!

• Like 4
18 hours ago, Suzn said:

not at all!  i'm with you

i really, really disliked the Morse series/character, so am actually sorry i watched it knowing that the young Morse, Endeavor, becomes that person. 

i would rather have thought he would eventually become a better, warmer, deeper persona and not that old sexist curmudgeon

• Like 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

Another poster mentioned that Archibald Ormsby-Gore, better known as Archie, was the teddy-bear of English poet laureate John Betjeman, and Archie became the model for Aloysius, Sebastian Flyte's bear in Evelyn Waugh's novel Brideshead Revisited.

I named my first cat, Aloysius after Sebastian's teddy bear!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
17 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:
24 minutes ago, Driad said:

Am I the only one sick of Blenheim Vale!  End already!

The next episode is the finale, so you'll get your wish.  But it sounded as if knowing something about Blenheim Vale will help us understand the finale.  Fortunately I found this:

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/specialfeatures/blenheim-vale-a-refresher-for-endeavours-final-season/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6
  • Useful 5
17 hours ago, Zella said:

I watched one episode of the original show that was okay-ish and then tried to watch more and just wasn't interested.

My PBS station began rerunning the original series a few years ago and I tried watching the first episode after having seen both Lewis and this series. I'm a sucker for anything set in Oxford, as that was the site of my favorite vacation ever, and I remembered the landlady at the B&B where I stayed talking about her house appearing on Morse. And I couldn't get through the whole episode. I intensely disliked Morse himself, and I wanted to keep liking the character on Endeavor. Oddly, it wasn't grumpiness that bothered me. He struck me as a bit too chipper in that episode, very "laddish." He was openly hitting on every woman in sight. It all seemed like the opposite of the character on Endeavor, who wasn't an outright flirt. He seemed more likely to catch what was thrown at him than to initiate the flirtation.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

My PBS station began rerunning the original series a few years ago and I tried watching the first episode after having seen both Lewis and this series. I'm a sucker for anything set in Oxford, as that was the site of my favorite vacation ever, and I remembered the landlady at the B&B where I stayed talking about her house appearing on Morse. And I couldn't get through the whole episode. I intensely disliked Morse himself, and I wanted to keep liking the character on Endeavor. Oddly, it wasn't grumpiness that bothered me. He struck me as a bit too chipper in that episode, very "laddish." He was openly hitting on every woman in sight. It all seemed like the opposite of the character on Endeavor, who wasn't an outright flirt. He seemed more likely to catch what was thrown at him than to initiate the flirtation.

I wanted to like it because one of my favorite history professors in college recommended them to me. He and I had very similar taste in mysteries and books usually and were always swapping reading recommendations. He introduced me to a lot of authors who ended up being favorites for me, like Hilary Mantel. So, I dutifully read one of the Morse books and tried a couple of episodes. It was the only recommendation he ever gave me that was a complete bust for me. LOL 

• Like 2
On 6/26/2023 at 4:31 PM, statsgirl said:

was impressed by how hard Morse fought Thursday to get Strange off the case and safe. That's really being the best man when the bloke got the girl you want.

Bravo!

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
On 6/26/2023 at 1:31 PM, statsgirl said:

My reaction, too.  I'd watched Morse when it first came out, then went back last year to re-watch.  I found it so dated and Morse's attitudes so unpleasant, that I stopped watching.  James Fox - what can you say other than that there will never be a series called Hathaway.  Until I learned about him I was hoping for a Hathaway series to keep the franchise alive, but now I can barely watch him in Lewis, which is a series I love!.

• Like 5
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, jrlr said:

James Fox - what can you say other than that there will never be a series called Hathaway.  Until I learned about him I was hoping for a Hathaway series to keep the franchise alive, but now I can barely watch him in Lewis, which is a series I love!.

It's Laurence Fox in Lewis, not James who is his father.  I've always liked James Fox.

• Like 9
Just now, sagittarius sue said:

It's Laurence Fox in Lewis, not James who is his father.  I've always liked James Fox.

You're right, thanks.  I like James Fox, too.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, jrlr said:

You're right, thanks.  I like James Fox, too.

I like James Fox too.  He had a very interesting film career in the 1960s and apparently filming "Performance" led him to have a nervous breakdown.  He left acting for close to a decade, becoming an Evangelical Christian and eventually got back into acting.   There is also another Fox; Edward, who is James' brother and who starred in "Day of the Jackal" and has also been in many more movies.

Laurence Fox and his beliefs are a mystery to me.  He seems to be a modern version of Oswald Mosley, which is shocking and sad.  And yeah, has spoiled watching "Lewis" as well.  

• Like 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, 12catcrazy said:

Edward, who is James' brother and who starred in "Day of the Jackal" and has also been in many more movies.

He's the acting Fox I am most familiar with. He was in a lot of war movies back in the day that I've watched with my dad, including A Bridge Too Far. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, Zella said:

Edward, who is James' brother and who starred in "Day of the Jackal" and has also been in many more movies.

Remains of the Day was a good example of making a despicable character a little sympathetic. At the end. Shame about James' son. I'm not good at overlooking who a person is for a performance. My bad not bad.

• Like 2

Does anyone know if Blenheim Vale was basically a one episode case (Season 2 finale) or did it continue or recur? Currently watching the Season 2 finale on Amazon Prime tonight to refresh ourselves.

15 hours ago, Rickster said:

Does anyone know if Blenheim Vale was basically a one episode case (Season 2 finale) or did it continue or recur? Currently watching the Season 2 finale on Amazon Prime tonight to refresh ourselves.

Check out Driad's link posted a few comments up.  It was very helpful reading. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Clawdette said:

And Jack Fox, a brother, was one of the big bads in Sanditon.

He was very good in Sanditon and comes across as sane in real life, always a plus, lol. 

I don't understand what has happened to Laurence Fox, he didn't used to be that way.  How awkward for his family.

I am so afraid for Bright for the finale. Don't break my heart, show!

• Like 6
(edited)
19 hours ago, Alistaire said:

1) An entire new series with Jack Laskey. I always wondered why the series let him go. He's handsome as sin; his character wasn't "tainted" by his tragic backstory; but he gave Shaun Evans a run for his money in the leading man department (by virtue of his handsomeness). A series built around him wouldn't infringe on the Morse stuff.

Ha, I thought I was the only JL fan here... I actually started watching Endeavour because of him, though he certainly wasn't my reason for staying (I found Jakes to be a nonentity at best-- other than his standout performance in the Blenheim Vale episode-- and an annoying bully at his worst, mainly series 1). He was absolutely wonderful in X Company, which is where I saw him first (and which I think was the reason he left Endeavour), and I'm sad he hasn't done much since then. I'm excited to see him back for the last couple episodes, though I think the odds of Jakes dying are higher than him getting his own spin-off.

19 hours ago, Alistaire said:

Whoever shot up his office knew he was there and so obviously doesn't dislike him (or he would have been killed).

I kind of thought Box might have killed the intruder (and that was another reason for him to skip town), though I'm probably very wrong on that... 

I am thoroughly prepared for Thursday's death in the finale, but I'm hoping that the how and why are well-executed, and that the series ends in a satisfying (if sad) way.

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Like 3

Goodbye to the world of Morse and Colin Dexter.  It’s been a good one. I bawled when they played the Morse theme at the end. 

We didn’t get the ending I wanted - with Morse buying the car. Seeing the car is not the same thing! 

Robbie Lewis shoutout! And the three Easter Eggs for longtime viewers are I believe 1) Morse in the choir as he was in the first episode - I think it’s the very first scene  2)  Morse in the hospital bed as he was in the finale and 3) he walked across the same lawn where he has his fatal heart attack.

• Like 5
  • Love 4