Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E01: Week 1 - Live Premiere

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

Whatever his deal is, I think it's going to make for an awkward season of watching him try to do a paint-by-numbers imitation of a person falling in love (or the Bachelor-land facsimile of it) without any genuine feelings behind it.

Very well said!

I just started watching On Demand, which is terrible because you can't FF commercials.

All I can say is there is so much gazing off into the distance by the bachelorettes.  I don't believe I have ever looked out of a window like these ladies do.  Then again, I'm not looking out the window for a fame hungry former football player.  

• Love 1
On 1/7/2019 at 9:40 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

Hated the sloth.  HA-TED.

Coltie 2.0 has quite a few lookers to choose from. 

I kind of have forgotten the details already. 

Except...the sloth.  

hated it.jpg

• Love 2
On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:37 PM, tennisgurl said:

Maybe I just live under a rock, but is being a virgin THAT big of a deal? Yeah for a guy of his age and with his looks, its not what I would guess, but is it such a huge deal? People are acting like Colton was born on Saturn, not that he just hasn't stuck his dick into anyone yet. 

Or maybe they're focusing on the virgin thing because there is literally nothing else interesting about Colton? Almost like Colton is super boring...

I don't get it either. What I'd want to know is the old "everything but" question. I mean, does he do anything else to get close to a woman he's seeing? He's good looking, seems nice, but oh-so boring. If, in addition to that, he didn't enjoy physical closeness, wasn't affectionate, didn't "feel it"...what would be the point? I mean, why isn't he already in the friend zone for all of them? That said, I didn't see him on the earlier one, so maybe there's more to it. But when he said it wasn't about religion, I kind of thought "to each his own, but why are you bothering, ladies?"  I guess there's always "being on television"....

• Love 2

The crazy lady who brought her dog reminds me of a young (evil) Camille Grammar... I adore Camille now but she was pretty heinous on her first housewives season and has the same voice. Now I´m trying to imagine that some day she (I´m just gonna call her Crazy) will win me over like Krystal did, but it´s not working.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, VanSensei said:

I noticed, most of all, that there were three proposals. What the fuck? Why would you want to be proposed to on national television where everyone can see? 

If someone did that to me, I would put exlax in they brownies.  That’s humiliating.   These fools probably are chumming for Instagram followers.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, VanSensei said:

I noticed, most of all, that there were three proposals. What the fuck? Why would you want to be proposed to on national television where everyone can see? 

The irony is that this is the entire premise of this TV show. I guess some superfans and fame-seekers would love it, but it does sound particularly unappealing.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, VanSensei said:

Most embarrassing, to me, were the personal comments about her and their relationship plus the, now required, "You make me a better man."  Yuck.  Just once I want one of these showboats to get a  big flat refusal in front of everyone.  Maybe something like, "I'm  sorry, but I could never marry someone who doesn't have a steady job and doesn't shower on the weekends." 

• Love 6

I'm sure there are plenty of Right Reasons fans who think a nationally televised proposal is the best thing ever. 

"I haven't dated a virgin sunce I was 12."  Still not sure what that means?

Sean and Catherine's baby son was hospitalized late last year (he's fine now). Maybe the segment with The Bachelor families was taped around that time? 

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, Dejana said:

I'm sure there are plenty of Right Reasons fans who think a nationally televised proposal is the best thing ever. 

This is the sad truth. There are young women now who grew up on this show and this is their dream come true, to be proposed to where everyone can see. I mean, in the Instagram age, is it even a proposal if it isn't broadcast in some showy media way? These people put every fart they have online, so having the biggest moment of their lives NOT broadcast? That would be hell for them. 

• Love 6
On 1/7/2019 at 5:45 PM, saber5055 said:

Now I feel like I'm not worthy of this franchise ... :-((

I try not to think of the hundreds (thousands?) of hours I've wasted watching every season/every episode of the entire franchise (in addition to being a from-the-beginning Big Brother crack ho). Who knows what I might have accomplished instead of sitting slack-jawed in front of the telly?

• Love 5

Three long hours of annoying hopping from location to location. I was watching on demand and had to sit thru until they got out of the cars.  That’s the ONLY part I like, when they meet for the first time.  Dragged out to say the least.  Too long to see squeaking girls.

On 1/7/2019 at 9:02 PM, crgirl412 said:

I didn't think it would be so much of a big deal but it is.  I think it's because he's not a virgin due to a religious belief.  I think it's really sad that he's gotten this much grief over it.  I think it's great that he is a virgin.  However, he's not really a virgin virgin in that I'm sure he's done *everything but PIV, right? 

*I've read that there are girls (maybe Colton, too?) who believe they are virgins since they do everything including AS but just not PIV.  That is lunacy.    

Full disclosure:  I'm not a virgin.  Having sex with your bf/gf was common in the 80's at my high school.  Literally all of the people I hung out with were not virgins.  Later in life I became a Christian and got to know a lot of virgins.  Some it was for religious reasons/good morals/no opportunity.  I wish I had done things differently. 

Full disclosure:  I was a virgin when I got married.  Reason:  I was scared shit of my strict Mother, who have thrown me out in the street had I gotten in trouble.  Boy, am I sorry now to have missed out on all the fun.  Damn.😪

• Love 6
On 1/7/2019 at 8:21 PM, Scarlett45 said:

One of the women is a Sib! I’m a Sib. This is so exciting. I missed her name but she is the woman, her Mom or grandma said Colton was better looking than Brad Pitt. 

Do you mean a Sib from Hope College? I’m a Sib from Hope College! From the early 90s.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JoBeth70 said:

Do you mean a Sib from Hope College? I’m a Sib from Hope College! From the early 90s.

I mean a Sibling of someone with a disability. 😁 One of the women featured her role as a caregiver to her brother who has autism. 

• Love 3

I can’t stand Colton so I had no interest in watching this season. I started reading this forum and decided to check it out so I knew what was happening. I ff through all the crap and just watched the show. 

Im not sure I can deal with Colton. When he kissed the first girl I actually gagged. Can’t put my finger on it.

i May do the ff through to the rose ceremony thing except they keep cliff hanging it to the next show.

• Love 2

Forget “Why is Colton a virgin”, how has that gorgeous 22-year-old never kissed anyone??? She seemed normal (I accepted an emotionally stunted woman with braces and pigtails playing with stuffed animals in her parents house). I’m sure guys have tried to kiss her. She’s never been around a guy she found attractive? All through high school and college? She’s never been alone with a boy? I don’t get it at all. 

• Love 3
On 1/8/2019 at 9:10 PM, JenE4 said:

I think the availability of coffee is directly related to the Corinne and DeMario BIP debacle—and subsequent reduction in the alcohol pushing—moreso than because this went any later than normal. (They always leave the “first night” after daybreak.) I remember reading articles in the past that it was hard for contestants to get anything other than alcohol, and now since the BIP debacle they have gone the other extreme and limit alcohol consumption. This probably explains why these last handful of shows since then are a lot more boring—no one getting insanely drunk and acting off the wall.

They talked about this in Entertainment Weekly.  They are only allowed 2 drinks per hour.  New rule post Corrinnario.

On 1/9/2019 at 11:06 AM, Stan39 said:

I’m sure he’s told by producers that if someone interrupts he has to go along with it. 

I disagree, because I know we've seen other Bachelor/ettes not do this in the past.

On 1/10/2019 at 12:30 AM, Superpole2000 said:

Colton's fashion mistakes:

Another interesting tidbit from Entertainment Weekly - the onset stylist or whatever you call it loves Colton because he's willing to wear suits in colours other than blue.  Arie would ONLY WEAR blue suits and the stylist would say "Arie, everyone knows your eyes are blue - please wear something else!"  But he wouldn't.  ;)

• Love 2

Colton seems well-intentioned and sweet.  So far I don't have the heart to make much fun of him, but this could change quickly.    He does have a buffalo head.    (Is that mean?  I can't decide.)  

12 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

I'd be up at the bar watching my watch and tapping on it to go faster!

I would just drag a mattress down to the bar area and sleep there.     

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Oh jeez, all there is to do is sit around and talk to your competition who you don't even know... I'd be up at the bar watching my watch and tapping on it to go faster!

So if this goes on for 4 hours, they could have 8 drinks.  That’s a lot for young, slim females.  Unless you are Tia or Raven, who could drink all the Baldwins under the table.  Probably. 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Forget “Why is Colton a virgin”, how has that gorgeous 22-year-old never kissed anyone??? She seemed normal (I accepted an emotionally stunted woman with braces and pigtails playing with stuffed animals in her parents house). I’m sure guys have tried to kiss her. She’s never been around a guy she found attractive? All through high school and college? She’s never been alone with a boy? I don’t get it at all. 

I can believe it- especially if she has struggled with social anxiety or depression (and is more healthy now). 

• Love 3
On 1/7/2019 at 9:06 PM, tennisgurl said:

The ladies this year really are super beautiful this season. Even though some of them seem a teeny bit...odd.

Funny, i was thinking there are a lot of super plastic looking, not that attractive women this season.  

• Love 4
On 1/8/2019 at 11:04 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yeah but I think Sarah Lancaster is gorgeous.  The North Carolina woman looked like pure plastic surgery to me.

Sarah Lancaster has pretty much always been that gorgeous.

I thought the same thing.

So many of them look like they've dipped too far into botox, fillers, lip injections at very young ages.  And ironically, it makes them look a lot older.

• Love 5

My favorite part was the kids. The Sutters seem like a family mine would be friends with and JP and Ashley’s little ones are adorable. “Essie, are you here for the right reasons?” “NO!!” Too cute. 

Am I the only one who scoured Amazon, Hulu, and Netflix for Season 1 after the Harrison montage? I’d love to go back and watch that one. 

• Love 1
On 1/12/2019 at 2:12 PM, Gem 10 said:

Full disclosure:  I was a virgin when I got married.  Reason:  I was scared shit of my strict Mother, who have thrown me out in the street had I gotten in trouble.  Boy, am I sorry now to have missed out on all the fun.  Damn.😪

Right before I met my husband, my best guy friend confessed that he was a virgin (at 27) and asked if I'd help him out. I did. There were various reasons why he'd waited: he didn't date at all in high school, his college program (aeronautical engineering) didn't leave much time for a social life, he was incredibly shy, and when he did get a serious girlfriend, she wanted to wait. He hadn't worried about his virginity while he was with his girlfriend but now that he was single again, it was hanging over his head like a weight. He was afraid of asking a girl out because he didn't want to have that conversation with her. Because he had waited so long, too, he didn't want to just do it with the first girl he met. He had zero confidence to date. So I helped him out. :-) Now he is married to a lovely woman and they're very happy. 

• Love 2