Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 5/3/2019 at 3:46 PM, Real Housewife LI said:

Drinking is a slip up...not attending AA meetings which is a requirement of her plea deal is the biggest issue for me. That is a conscious decision to not follow her sentence. Drinking is part of her disease...not going to meetings is narcissistic and deliberate. They have AA meetings every day all over the country. She has zero excuse for that.

On 5/4/2019 at 9:12 AM, essexjan said:

Yes, absolutely. The judge might be sympathetic if she's had a slip but blatant disregard of a court order, failing to go to AA and a refusal to consider going back to rehab or wear an ankle monitor when she's caught drinking again is likely to piss the judge off bigly. I fear Lu has a long way yet to fall before she's ready to acknowledge she has a problem. She's too used to having her own way to think she has to abide by the same rules as everyone else.

She's known for 8 whole months that she was supposed to have been going to AA meeting twice a week. She's attended 5 meetings total. She's completed almost a whole 8% of this requirement. I think it's been pretty clear that Luann doesn't really think she has a problem. So the thing she's actually been white-knuckling through is having some civil servant telling her what to do because her natural impulse would be to bark orders at them.

I said this over in Shep Rose's (Southern Charm) thread that he won't clean himself up until the consequences are major. A simple arrest won't do because he's already been arrested. He was recently kicked out of a PGA event for being a drunken fool. He's going to need a substantial jail sentence like many months or someone is going to have to be seriously injured. And I think the same thing about Luann too. I would have thought that the lawsuit from the kids would have been a wake up call. Maybe not about her drinking, but that she's been far too cavalier about many things in her life. I see her now and jumping on that Free Britney mishegoss and I realize Luann is never going to get it.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Filed under:  Life Isn't Fair/Exhibit A

Why does the sign call it her record-breaking cabaret act?

Did she break records for most tickets sold for a show starring someone who is completely devoid of talent?

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Did she break records for most tickets sold for a show starring someone who is completely devoid of talent?

I think they meant this. She probably shatters them with her voice. 

giphy (20).gif

• LOL 18
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 5/4/2019 at 11:24 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I think she literally breaks records while on stage.  Mostly 33rpm.

*Edit - Wasn't trying to stomp on your post @Reality police (see what I did there?), I posted before reading.  Again. 😏

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Because she sounds like a broken record.

Cabaret, Cabaret, Cabaret!!!

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, CharlizeCat said:

It sounds like right now, she's only giving lip service to getting sober. 

Yes, it does. It's a cliche but a true one; you can't get better until you believe that you actually have a problem.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

I just turned five years sober a few weeks ago

Mazel Tov!! 

Luann does not understand that the same hard work you did (a lowly commoner, lol) a countess has to do the same hard work...one day at a time.

She has the means to live life like it is disposable, I think that makes it easier to not deal with the hard stuff.

• Love 14
11 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

This is disheartening about Luann but I'm not surprised. I just turned five years sober a few weeks ago after decades of trying and trying and trying to quit drinking. One thing I learned is that you have to put getting and staying sober above everything else, especially in early recovery

Congratulations - how difficult must have been and I have so much admiration for you - many thoughts of love and support coming your way 

• Love 16

Thanks, Stats Queen! And congrats and hugs to all the others who have also posted about their triumph over alcohol!

Sometimes I wish I could just reach through the screen and shake Luann.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I would bet that happens.

So she’s not sold out in Atlanta but on this forum I already committed myself to protesting outside the venue with at least two signs - “who are you wearing, Jovanni” and “Lock her up”. 

Maybe I should buy a ticket and yell Jovanni - I really, really want to.

To be realistic, that would require me getting off my ass in suburbia and driving into Atlanta by myself (I can talk my ever suffering hubby into many things, but he does has a line in the sand... )

I have so many great female friends, but none of them understand my obsession with the real housewives (thank goodness I found all of you) including one friend who gets her nails done where Nene does. A few months ago, Nene was next to her getting her nails done. She told me - she’s really tall (yes) and she was really quiet - told me friend that was quite unlike Nene 🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Sometimes I wish I could just reach through the screen and bitchslap her.

Yes, yes, yes

10 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Sometimes I wish I could just reach through the screen and bitchslap her.

• Love 4
On 5/5/2019 at 10:08 AM, CharlizeCat said:

This is disheartening about Luann but I'm not surprised. I just turned five years sober a few weeks ago after decades of trying and trying and trying to quit drinking. One thing I learned is that you have to put getting and staying sober above everything else, especially in early recovery.

Congratulations!  That must have been a very hard struggle and you won!

I'll bow to your knowledge of LuAnn and her demons.  I'm sure you met many like her while in recovery.  I don't like her.  Wouldn't want to know her.  But I have to think that at some level there's a small voice screaming 'why has this happened to me?!?'  She could find answers to that.  But not down an empty bottle.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It's nice to see that The Countless isn't riddled with stress over her non-compliance.  Wouldn't want any worry lines on Her Fabulousness.

She probably has Bloody Mary’s in the coffee pot.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

I’m flabbergasted that she’s only attended FIVE meetings.  Wow.  If that’s not giving the judge a big ole “Fuck You”, I don’t know what is. 🖕🏼

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

She probably has Bloody Mary à la française in the coffee pot.  And the mimosas are off camera..

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m flabbergasted that she’s only attended FIVE meetings.  Wow.  If that’s not giving the judge a big ole “Fuck You”, I don’t know what is. 🖕🏼

I am really curious to see how the judge handles this. 

• Love 15
On 5/5/2019 at 9:08 AM, CharlizeCat said:

This is disheartening about Luann but I'm not surprised. I just turned five years sober a few weeks ago after decades of trying and trying and trying to quit drinking. One thing I learned is that you have to put getting and staying sober above everything else, especially in early recovery.

You deserve all the credit in the world as this is an awesome accomplishment!

The problem with Luann is that she doesn't really think she has a problem, so she hasn't ever made an effort to stop.  For her, rehab and AA were simply stepping stones to getting out of more major consequences, sort of like if you go to traffic school to avoid getting points if you get a speeding ticket.  Sure, you have to make sure no one SEES you drink in public, but, once you've finished your probation, then, slowly, you can start with "I have done a lot of work and soul searching and I was absolutely out of control at that time in my life.  At this point, however, I'm in a healthier, stronger place and I am ok having one glass of wine at dinner with friends.  I'm no longer drinking to manage my emotions"  This is where Luann thinks she is.  She is not, though.  

7 hours ago, quaintirene said:

Congratulations!  That must have been a very hard struggle and you won!

I'll bow to your knowledge of LuAnn and her demons.  I'm sure you met many like her while in recovery.  I don't like her.  Wouldn't want to know her.  But I have to think that at some level there's a small voice screaming 'why has this happened to me?!?'  She could find answers to that.  But not down an empty bottle.

Another problem I think Luann has is that she lacks that small voice.  Honestly, I do.  I don't think it occurs to her that she should be questioning why this is happening.  I don't think it occurs to her to wonder why her children are suing her and if she has a role in it.  Lu strikes me as someone who is able to pretty quickly and easily reframe the situation into something that makes her comfortable, but also leaves her un-responsible.  Sure, she might be able to own that she could have not said certain words to someone, or perhaps she could have called to smooth something over, but other than relatively minor things, Lu generally doesn't let things into her world, she just rearranges it in a way that makes it comfortable for her and lets her move forward.

1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I was thinking vodka in the "water" glasses.

• Love 11
(edited)
14 minutes ago, smores said:

I was thinking vodka in the "water" glasses.

That, too.  Her next single could be "Cover All Your Bases, My Alkie Friend".

ETA: Or "Half Pint in the Bookshelf, C'est Si Bon"

Edited by walnutqueen
  • LOL 11
13 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It's nice to see that The Countless isn't riddled with stress over her non-compliance.  Wouldn't want any worry lines on Her Fabulousness.

Those are some sad looking bagels.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Reality police said:

Those are some sad looking bagels.

6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Lol!  I was thinking too that the fruit looks pretty good, but that other plate is sad.

Dry looking bagel thins and lox are not aspirational, especially not without a schmear. 

• Love 8
On 5/6/2019 at 6:15 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Not that it shows well, but it looks to me as the table is set for two people. I’m judging this by the extra fork and knife off to the right (on a napkin). I guess it’s the person taking the picture. 

• Love 3

https://pagesix.com/2019/05/07/luann-de-lesseps-ordered-back-to-court-over-probation-violation/amp/

Luann de Lesseps ordered back to court over probation violation

Luann de Lesseps was ordered to appear in a West Palm Beach courtroom for a probation violation hearing on May 23, per court documents obtained by Page Six on Tuesday.

“I am looking forward to my day in court to present evidence clarifying these allegations,” she told us in a statement.

The “Real Housewives of New York” star’s Florida based probation officer first accused her of not taking her probation seriously last week after de Lesseps, 53, admitted to her New York probation officer that she drank “2 glasses of mimosas after a performance she had in Chicago.”

The “Countess and Friends” star was told she could immediately enroll in outpatient treatment” after she failed her required test but she “declined due to her touring schedule,” the court documents stated. She also said that an alcohol ankle monitor was “too intrusive” for her lifestyle.

She was ordered to refrain from alcohol as part of her 12-month probation period stemming from her Christmas Eve 2017 arrest for assaulting and threatening to kill officers in a drunken rage. She struck a plea deal in the case in August of that year after she attended rehab in lieu of the “RHONY” Season 10 reunion, with the period being scheduled to end on Aug. 28 of this year.

A source close to the reality star previously told us that she completed the community service requirement and the M.A.D.D. course requirement as part of the plea deal, and we’re told that she continues to go to AA meetings on a regular basis as well.

De Lesseps checked herself back into rehab just months later after her children, Victoria and Noel, filed a suit against her to stop her from selling their Sag Harbor home. They dropped their case last month.

“I take my sobriety very seriously and like many in my situation, it is a daily struggle,” de Lesseps told us in a statement after she was accused of not taking her probation seriously. “I remain committed to doing whatever it takes to continue living a healthy sober lifestyle.”

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

She really thinks she’s the “cat’s meow”, as my grandmother used to say.  I wonder how much money she offered a chairperson in AA to lie and add several bogus signatures to the court paper that she has to show the judge, in order to make it look like she attended more than 5 meetings.  Even though ‘honesty’ is the foundation and crux of AA, I’ve seen it happen more than once.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, farmgal4 said:

She really thinks she’s the “cat’s meow”, as my grandmother used to say.  I wonder how much money she offered a chairperson in AA to lie and add several bogus signatures to the court paper that she has to show the judge, in order to make it look like she attended more than 5 meetings.  Even though ‘honesty’ is the foundation and crux of AA, I’ve seen it happen more than once.

^^^THIS.

I'll wager she's only interested in the 13th Step.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I'll wager she's only interested in the 13th Step.

Okay, so you had me Googling the 12 Steps to try to figure out what the 13th could be.

12.  Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

At first I guessed  that it might be what comes after "all our affairs."  Marriage?  Divorce?  More affairs?  But none of those strike a chord.

Now I just think the 13th Step is something like the cha-cha.  Or maybe more likely in Lu's case the hustle.    🍸

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Okay, so you had me Googling the 12 Steps to try to figure out what the 13th could be.

12.  Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

At first I guessed  that it might be what comes after "all our affairs."  Marriage?  Divorce?  More affairs?  But none of those strike a chord.

Now I just think the 13th Step is something like the cha-cha.  Or maybe more likely in Lu's case the hustle.    🍸

The 13th Step refers to people who troll AA meetings for newcomers to screw.  

• Useful 6
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Hopefully it's not akin to the 19th hole in golf.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

4 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

The 13th Step refers to people who troll AA meetings for newcomers to screw.  

I thought the 13th step was Cabaret?

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 12:40 AM, Reality police said:

I think they meant this. She probably shatters them with her voice. 

giphy (20).gif

Yes, I imagine she horse-stomped everything.  Lu can't dance, sing, model, obey judge's orders, or show an ounce of humility.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Yes, I imagine she horse-stomped everything.  Lu can't dance, sing, model, obey judge's orders, or show an ounce of humility.  

... but she is excellent with camels ...

rhony-camelfail.gif

and she has a special knack for hiding in the bushes ...

tumblr_otd5dcahMl1ql5yr7o2_500.gif

• LOL 10
(edited)

Ok, I'll admit it. Went to see Countess & Friends last night in Royal Oak, MI. It was sold out, the venue seats about 1000. Crowd was 80-90% women, all ages, with the remainder gay men or poor husbands who were dragged along. Some went all out, wearing jovani.

Much more fun than I expected. Yes, she sings but the crowd sings along and her friends are all quite talented (comedian & Broadway actor) She really seems to be enjoying herself and amazed by the crowd reaction. Q&A section was funny. Someone asked who was better in bed, Tom or the Pirate (Tom). Fuck (Sonja) Marry (Dorinda) Kill (Ramona). I can understand why the show has been successful, it was 90 minutes of laughs. 

Admittedly, I've always had a soft spot for Luann and I walked away a bigger fan. Hoping she can successfully complete her probation and keep her drinking in check because it's obvious she's found something she truly loves doing. 

Edited by snarts
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9

She is just so “F-ing” full of herself.  I can hardly stand her anymore.  This was on her instagram.  She’s skinny dipping after her Cabaret.  This is terrible but I hope she takes another hard fall.

10202BF0-462A-4C02-A109-3FF5AE42E813.jpeg

• Love 5