Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

On 1/6/2018 at 3:11 PM, BBHN said:

Apparently, Dorinda can hold her liquor a hell of a lot better than Luann.

Dorinda has been lucky so far. Dorinda is nice and level headed when she is sober but she is s nasty drunk. Dorinda's outburst one day will get her in a lot of trouble, not sure if legal trouble, but trouble nonetheless. Dorinda has gotten away with very foul behavior, even worse than Luann, on the show IMO.

The difference is that somehow Dorinda is still on the honeymoon phase where lots of things are overlooked and forgiven but one day she will go too far. Dorinda by her own admission gets very nasty with even her loved ones. It is great that she recognizes and admits this, now she has to do the hard work about it, she has to slow down her drinking because she knows that she goes for the jugular and one day her mouth is going to get her in trouble. 

I have this feeling that Dorinda not only has a nasty mouth but she can also get physical, not sure why, I just have that feeling. 

One against the other,  my money is on Dorinda rather than Luann , lol 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, AnnaL said:

Dorinda has been lucky so far. Dorinda is nice and level headed when she is sober but she is s nasty drunk. Dorinda's outburst one day will get her in a lot of trouble, not sure if legal trouble, but trouble nonetheless. Dorinda has gotten away with very foul behavior, even worse than Luann, on the show IMO.

The difference is that somehow Dorinda is still on the honeymoon phase where lots of things are overlooked and forgiven but one day she will go too far. Dorinda by her own admission gets very nasty with even her loved ones. It is great that she recognizes and admits this, now she has to do the hard work about it, she has to slow down her drinking because she knows that she goes for the jugular and one day her mouth is going to get her in trouble. 

I have this feeling that Dorinda not only has a nasty mouth but she can also get physical, not sure why, I just have that feeling. 

Dorinda is in the Luann season 1 or 2 phase. What we've seen of her and some of the stories about her indicate that she's headed for a disaster very soon. 

https://pagesix.com/2016/10/05/housewife-dorinda-medley-allegedly-attacks-banker-with-high-heel/

And now back to Luann...

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, AnnaL said:

I like sober Dorinda, I like Dorinda when she bonds with Carole over the memories of their dead husbands, I like her when she is hosting at her house, I like her when she is not with John. 

I do not like drunk Dorinda, her vulgar hand gestures, her loudness and her confrontational way. Cutting her hand on the Mexico trip put it all in perspective, she needs to lay down the booze.

I do have faith that Dorinda after watching herself on the show and realizing how alcohol affects her interactions, that she will try to control her drinking, and then she can be nice Dorinda again.  I have faith that it might happen. 

The problem that Luann faces is not just her drinking, not at all. The problem that Luann has is her arrogance to recognize when she is being patronizing and condescending. I am not sure at all that rehab can take care of that. I am also not sure that Luann think that is a problem at all. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Perhaps housekeeping had met the room occupants earlier? I’ve been in my room when housekeeping have arrived, or we have crossed paths. Especially if you are in the room for more than one night. It’s not surprising for me that housekeeping staff knew Luanne was not the room occupant.

Yes, I agree. We were in Orlando, Florida December 26-December 31.  Not Palm Beach.  Not West Palm Beach. I would say that if you have a child or children with you, housekeeping is very likely to remember you. It is really difficult to ignore children, because they are messy and ask tons of questions.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Dorinda is in the Luann season 1 or 2 phase. What we've seen of her and some of the stories about her indicate that she's headed for a disaster very soon. 

https://pagesix.com/2016/10/05/housewife-dorinda-medley-allegedly-attacks-banker-with-high-heel/

And now back to Luann...

OMG, I am just LMAO!!!  So embarrassing, thanks for posting the link, I got a kick out of this one 

“When Sylvester tried to be a peacemaker and told Dorinda she was being inappropriate, Dorinda, who had her shoes in her hand, tried to spike him in the head with a high heel.”

Dorinda’s boyfriend John Mahdessian soon showed and up and took her home. Dorinda apologized profusely the next day, sources said. Dorinda denies she attacked anyone.

“It was her late husband’s birthday. She’d been at his grave all day, and it was just too much for her,” a spokesperson said. “She took her shoes off because her feet hurt.”

The excuses these women make, LOL. Luann blamed her behavior on Tom's memories and so does Dorinda, when will they ever accept responsibility for their own actions? 

What is wrong with these women, why can't they just get drunk in the safety of their home, specially when they do not know how to handle their liquor? 

• Love 8

I know there is no excuse for being a mean abusive drunk, and I am not trying to make excuses or rationalizations, just an observation; I think Dorinda is still grieving Richard's death.  I think his death devastated her and she's still having some difficulty dealing with it. jmo.  At least she has enough self-awareness to recognize that she lashes out at others when she drinks. Let's hope she does something about it.  I get the feeling that she is, otherwise, a lovely person, and I would FLOVE to be invited to spend the weekend at her place in The Berkshires (as long as Bethenny isn't there- that place brings out the worst in her).

Staying on topic, let's also hope Luann actually gets something out of rehab and isn't just going through the motions to make it look like she's trying.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

The Morgan Home for Wayward Ex-Wives of Nobility has 2 openings:

One is a third floor walk up with private entrance at a cost of $3000 a month

The second is a room with stuffed animals.

The De Lesseps Dorm Room has standing room only in the closet space

With or without bidet? 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, AnnaL said:

“It was her late husband’s birthday. She’d been at his grave all day, and it was just too much for her,” a spokesperson said.

glaringly sad

On 1/6/2018 at 4:17 PM, HunterHunted said:

This statement makes no sense. This is actually what I do for a living. And specifically mental health and substance abuse (substance use disorder)* law and policy for more than fifteen years. The amount that a health care provider chooses to charge and the payors they choose to accept is something that occurs entirely separate from what the insurance company will pay. A provider can choose to not accept insurance. An insurer can choose to pay only to selected providers.

Furthermore, the aforementioned Acts are fairly clear that if an insurer covers inpatient physical health treatment, they have to cover the equivalent inpatient mental health and substance abuse treatment.

Finally even if one does not have insurance, there are usually free or low cost inpatient rehab beds available through Medicaid, the Mental Health and Substance Abuse Block Grant, and charity. It's not Betty Ford, but there are inpatient rehab options available.

*This is actually the preferred term.

Good Information.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, quaintirene said:

Dear God what is it with these people and The Regency?  

I know. Isn't there any other place to get a drink in NY.

Apparently when Erika (from the BH show) was in NY she met Dorinda for drinks at guess where....the Regency. 

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, quaintirene said:

Dear God what is it with these people and The Regency?  

8 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

I know. Isn't there any other place to get a drink in NY.

Apparently when Erika (from the BH show) was in NY she met Dorinda for drinks at guess where....the Regency. 

The restaurant where Dorinda got her well lubricated lunch the day of the incident was the same place Luann was spotted slapping Tom.  Of course the Harry Dubin factor makes the story all the more interesting.

Maybe the revitalized Luann will introduce up to some new UES haunts.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

The cast trip to Buenos Aiires has been cancelled due to Luann's arrest.  Luman cannot travel out of the states. Wonder where they will go..... UGH!

Maybe they can visit Yolanda’s new farm in Bucks County, PA - I want to see the place!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, nexxie said:

Maybe they can visit Yolanda’s new farm in Bucks County, PA - I want to see the place!

Better than that trip they did to Montana!

Wishing they just go without her...but that is a missed storyline

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

The cast trip to Buenos Aiires has been cancelled due to Luann's arrest.  Luman cannot travel out of the states. Wonder where they will go..... UGH!

Wow, two trips this year to South America cancelled for Luann this year.

Interesting choice of locales. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Great suggestion, Nexxie -- a crossover + beautiful location. I wonder how Yo would react to Moaner and Sonja thundering through her property in search of the best bedroom.

• Love 9

Great suggestion, Nexxie -- a crossover + beautiful location. I wonder how Yo would react to Moaner and Sonja thundering through her property in search of the best bedroom.

Or Moaner’s dog crapping on the orientals?

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, SCS said:

Not as bad as she would react when Sonja comes down to breakfast in her pajamas (lingerie) lol. 

• Love 6
Just now, Mindthinkr said:

Not as bad as she would react when Sonja comes down to breakfast in her pajamas (lingerie) lol. 

Really! It’s hard to imagine her allowing that drunken gang to actually spend the night - better to send them to the b&b up the road.

• Love 4

The source says that when the businessman heard what happened, he “felt really sad for Luann and her family that they had to go through this over the holidays,” and he was “shocked” that she was in town since she has “no ties” of her own to the Florida city where the former couple spent time together.

If this is true Tom is far worse than I ever imagined.  Luann obviously had friends there as evidenced by the yacht party and her friend at the hotel-the female one.

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, SCS said:

36 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Or Moaner’s dog crapping on the orientals?

4 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

Or Moaner ripping down light fixtures? 

After reading these it's hard to imagine that anyone would want them as houseguests !! 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Martinigirl said:

I think they should head back to the scene of the crime - what hotel was Luann arrested in?

It would be good for Luann too being that she has to be in town to go to court.

I also think Production should throw a little shade by booking Luann into Room 407

• Love 13
37 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

I have been trying to figure out how to respond to this thread. I’m simply going to say that my 31 year old niece lost her battle with opioids on New Years Eve. She was my sisters only child. Substance  abuse of any kind is not funny. It’s life or death and not a game. I hope that a couple of the women on this show get their demons under control before they become another ugly statistic.

I am so saddened to learn of your loss. 

• Love 20
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think they should head back to the scene of the crime - what hotel was Luann arrested in?

It would be good for Luann too being that she has to be in town to go to court.

I also think Production should throw a little shade by booking Luann into Room 407

Room #407  LMAP!!!!!!

• Love 2

Lord ... everyone sounds so appropriate - sensitive and aware -  then stupid Sonja suggests Luann just drew attention to herself because she is tall with a distinct voice.

She fought with a cop, Sonja! After being thrown into a cruiser she wriggled out of her cuffs and was threatening to kill people. 

Just shut up you twit. 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

I have been trying to figure out how to respond to this thread. I’m simply going to say that my 31 year old niece lost her battle with opioids on New Years Eve. She was my sisters only child. Substance  abuse of any kind is not funny. It’s life or death and not a game. I hope that a couple of the women on this show get their demons under control before they become another ugly statistic.

(((JennymominFL)))

• Love 16
20 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

Condolences to you and your family, JennyMom.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 18
20 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Excellent response from Frankel; similarly so with Do (Medley admits they haven't really talked but is very supportive); and Lady Sonja Gorgon couldn't resist throwing shade ("It's a fish bowl in Palm Beach and when you're tall like Luann, and you have that voice, you're going to be spotted"). 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, film noire said:

Lady Gorgon couldn't resist throwing shade ("It's a fish bowl in Palm Beach and when you're tall like Luann, and you have that voice, you're going to be spotted"). 

I don' think Sonja was throwing shade ... I think she was sincerely trying to make excuses for Luann with that dumbass statement. As if Luann only got noticed because of her height. Right, when the hotel maid walked in and discovered Luann with her legs wrapped around some dude's neck, the maid's first reaction was "wow, look how tall she is." When Luann slammed the door on that cop and threatened to kill him, his reaction was to think to himself "my, what a deep voice." Yeah, that's why Lu was targeted for arrest. Right. 

Sonja is just a moron. 

• Love 18
On 1/6/2018 at 0:44 PM, KungFuBunny said:

I think they have to pay for their own health insurance and most do NOT pay for rehab. The people I know who have had relatives/spouses go into rehab - it is paid out of pocket not covered.

I am in recovery and know many people who have been to treatment. In most of the cases, their insurance did cover it. I didn't go to treatment but I checked into it. My insurance would've paid for a standard 28-day inpatient program at a really nice facility in Texas. It looked like a high-end spa. If you stay longer than 28 days, the percentage of insurance coverage declines and then eventually it stops.  

I've watched many of my recovery friends die from the ravages of alcoholism, and others from drug overdoses or suicide. As is commonly said, this stuff will kill you. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 17
18 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I am in recovery and know many people who have been to treatment. In most of the cases, their insurance did cover it. I didn't go to treatment but I checked into it. My insurance would've paid for a standard 28-day inpatient program at a really nice facility in Texas. It looked like a high-end spa. If you stay longer than 28 days, the percentage of insurance coverage declines and then eventually it stops.  

I've watched many of my recovery friends die from the ravages of alcoholism, and others from drug overdoses or suicide. As is commonly said, this stuff will kill you. 

Kudos to you for stepping up and having the courage to go in for recovery. I really respect you for this. You are an awesome role model for your friends.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I posted Lu's IG tribute to Bawby in the Jill et al. thread. '

I was surprised that she's allowed to use social media in rehab. I thought that sort of thing was cut off. 

She may have had her son or daughter post on her SM account.

• Love 4

With all due respect if Luann is genuinely in some rehab facility that strenuously restricts her to where she must sneak her missives to her children (and what rehab facility is Luann at?) then I find it shocking she's not being tossed out for her flagrantly violating the rules. 

Particularly when some poor bastard is still on the hook for slipping her a roofie to where she had no idea what she was doing and is shocked and horrified and admitting herself to rehab for a drinking problem over the whole incident  and couldn't possibly violate the rehab clinic's rules to deny the suggestion she was drugged and maybe raped and is you know, not really at fault for her drunken rampage...

Where is she in rehab again? Oh right, she's the victim so it's *private* and she can't communicate except you know, when she does and anyone who asks any questions is being mean to someone who has, after being arrested for a crime, *admitted to  being an addict... *kinda*  and who is now a hero!

If I seem a bit sarcastic, it is because Luann is being granted every rich bitch excuse for her behavior. Oh bless her, she's admitted to a problem (sorta maybe and there's sooo many ways that she can deny it) and she's sooooo restricted from SM she can't say a blessed word because she's in *rehab* bless her heart but when she does somehow violate those strict requirements well bless her for bothering and let's all praise her for VIOLATING THE REHAB RULES that she takes so very seriously when you know, people wonder why she's not denying the whole "Luann was drugged by a man and is a man's victim and has NO memory and is shattered and was maybe raped and is horrified by how victimized she was". 

• Love 13

2017 wasn't kind to Luann, so I will just wish her the best and hope her friends and family support her.  In the grand scheme of criminal activities, shoving a fireman and slamming the door in his face, while drunk, isn't that big of a deal to me.  Lu messed up, but I hope she can find a way to happiness again through rehab.

• Love 9