Type keyword(s) to search

Mykelti

ginger90
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, Fosca said:

The examples you've posted here don't support the contention of hormone-swapping: the first suggests that the act of kissing causes a release of hormones in a participant, but doesn't indicate that they are swapped.  And I read the last article, and it doesn't show that hormones are swapped, as the article states; it labels that suggestion as "speculative", as it appears that it hasn't been tested.

Exactly. Kootie probably read something in a tabloid and then put his own spin on it to fit his agenda. 

It's like when a day is really cold, some moron wants to challenge the reality of global warming (more accurately climate shift).

• Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, Fosca said:

The examples you've posted here don't support the contention of hormone-swapping: the first suggests that the act of kissing causes a release of hormones in a participant, but doesn't indicate that they are swapped.  And I read the last article, and it doesn't show that hormones are swapped, as the article states; it labels that suggestion as "speculative", as it appears that it hasn't been tested.

Well as with most things related to human behavior, explicit quantitative proof is a rarity so we rely on other measures including observation, survey, interview, and other tangential data to formulate a supported conclusion albeit usually somewhat speculative.  However, there is explicit proof that hormones (including testosterone) is present in saliva... Salivary Testosterone Measurement by Liquid Chromatography Tandem Mass Spectrometry in Adult Males and Females.  Additionally, "Studies have shown that the mucosa membrane inside the mouth is permeable to hormones such as testosterone that are found in saliva (Dobs, Matsumoto, Wang, and Kipnes, 2004)" (disclosure; I did not look up that referenced study).  During "Romantic" kissing or open mouth kissing by nature saliva is obviously intermixed or better known in common vernacular as "swapped".

In regards to the last link (Sex Differences in Romantic Kissing Among College Students: An Evolutionary Perspective), yes the authors state in the introduction where they are laying out their hypothesis, that the statement is "speculative", however in the discussion section they argue the results of their various studies along with findings from other scholarly studies support the hypothesis they laid out in the introduction.  And as is commonly found in behavioral analysis, they acknowledge the limitations and call for further study but their final statement includes... "Nonetheless, this study provides evidence that romantic kissing may have evolved as an adaptive courtship strategy that functions as a mate-assessment technique, a means of initiating sexual arousal and receptivity, and a way of maintaining a bonded relationship."

The last article I'll refer readers to is Saliva: Secret Ingredient in the Best Kisses (Media bias/fact check report for the source publication... https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/live-science/)

And my absolute last word on this subject... Kody's direct quote was “When you kiss the person that you kiss, the hormones go into your mouth and it registers certain things that will stimulate both the heart and the body for other reasons, ”  While very clumsy and awkward, hormones do indeed go into your mouth and kissing does stimulate both the heart and body so yeah, he "wasn't that far off the mark" as @Gothish520 put it.

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

...it seems he (Kody) must have read similar articles that suggested the possibilities he warned about. 

The concept of Kody reading anything more scientific than the instructions on a do-it-yourself-at-home perm box is amusing to me.

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
(edited)

Reply moved to "Small Talk", if anyone is interested (probably not, but I teach about how to interpret scientific results and so I'm over-invested).

Edited by Fosca
Off-topic
  • Love 4
On 7/11/2019 at 12:11 PM, Gothish520 said:

I like the first dress on her too. Not the best pattern, but the style and fit are nice. I'm also digging the jacket in the second picture, and it actually coordinates with the dress she's wearing!

That blue monstrosity in an earlier picture would look a lot better in the shorter style.  She might look cute if she could lose 25-30 pounds.   The blue monstrosity looks like it would tend to cling around the ankles.   She looks like an escapee from one of those fundy Mormon enclaves in Colorado City (or whatever it is called).  Well, I guess she is sort of an escapee from the Brown family enclave.   

I know only 2 people who have done Luluroe (or whatever the heck it is) and the few outfits I have seen them wear look fairly decent.   Also their clothes seem to fit, although both are on the plump side.  

• Love 3

Read the caption guys.

It’s official, 🚨 sound the alarms 🚨 the Browns have infiltrated the forum, battle-stations! We’re being trolled! 😆 

I like how she just ripped off Mariah’s ‘love my body’ speech but put her very eloquent Mykelti spin on it -  ‘I love my body and what it does whenever it does stuff’  Wow! profound and groundbreaking stuff there Myke! 

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Read the caption guys.

It’s official, 🚨 sound the alarms 🚨 the Browns have infiltrated the forum, battle-stations! We’re being trolled! 😆 

I like how she just ripped off Mariah’s ‘love my body’ speech but put her very eloquent Mykelti spin on it -  ‘I love my body and what it does whenever it does stuff’  Wow! profound and groundbreaking stuff there Myke! 

She was asked in the comments if she finished college. Her reply:

8A8C770B-6869-44A8-9279-16CD33D903A2.jpeg

• LOL 11

Wow, there are no words to express how truly appalling that statement is.  Is she really that delusional?  She cannot put a coherent thought together ("I love my body and what it does whenever it does stuff’.) nor can she put three pieces of clothing together without blinding a viewer. 

As hideous as the cheap looking top and skirt are, at least they have the same colors.  Then she throws a bathrobe on top of it that could not be more wrong.  Is she trying to make everyone sea sick?  

That's just sad - both the comment and the horrible outfit.  I do feel sorry for her if she truly believes she's going to be rich shilling for a living.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She was asked in the comments if she finished college. Her reply:

8A8C770B-6869-44A8-9279-16CD33D903A2.jpeg

That is the most godawful skirt. Holy crap. 

Well...I didn't finish college either, but that said I still had a plan for my future. At her age I was already saving a little each month in my retirement fund.  

• Love 5

And before it comes up, I firmly believe that not everyone needs to go to college, has the means to go, has the desire to go or will fail if they don't.  It's her sad declaration that going the MLM route will make her rich that is so troublesome.  She really is a simpleton.

• Love 16

Wow, that last picture!  and not in a good way, either.  Please pass me the eye and brain bleach immediately.   I nearly choked on my breakfast when I saw that (a very late breakfast at 10 am because we just went to the farmers' market).

Let me revise my estimate--she needs to shed probably 50 pounds, not the 25-30 I thought when I saw her in that monstrosity of a blue dress.     Okay, the colors in this last one work okay--the skirt and shirt, but those narrow accordion-like pleats draw attention to her weight issue.  The top is too small;  it looks like "Spring is bursting out" as my grandmother would say.  The skirt is not a good length for her thick calves plus the hem looks uneven.  I have a dress with an uneven hem, but you can tell it is the design of the dress.  I can't decide if this hem is supposed to be uneven or not.   I read a few of the comments, and I am appalled that people think this is a good look.    Also what is that robe thing she has over it--maybe a cover up robe for a swim suit?    She looks like she got dressed in the dark.  

About the education remark---I would understand if she said she didn't need a degree, but even the people who skip college and go to work in trades or other jobs need some type of education even if it is an apprenticeship or on-the-job training.   This girl is starting to make Mariah look like a Mensa member (ok, that is an exaggeration, but you get my drift).

• Love 11

She says she "decided" she can make more money without a degree. Not "I have a career plan that will take me to retirement and allow me to live comfortably, as well as save for retirement". She just thinks she can make more money this way. She will spend a life time going from job to job, MLM to MLM, and I can guarantee she will always struggle. Maybe one day she will wake up and get a REAL plan of some sort.

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

She says she "decided" she can make more money without a degree. Not "I have a career plan that will take me to retirement and allow me to live comfortably, as well as save for retirement". She just thinks she can make more money this way. She will spend a life time going from job to job, MLM to MLM, and I can guarantee she will always struggle. Maybe one day she will wake up and get a REAL plan of some sort.

She probably took note of how bonus mom Meri was raking it in and considered LLR a path to riches.  What she failed to take into account was that Christine and for a time, Maddie had also got on board.  The sphere of influence and loyal fan base was already consumed.  She was a day late and a dollar short there, but not to worry, no one else in the family was doing contact paper nails, so maybe she could capitalize there.

I will bet my last taco that Mykelti and Tony will be shilling a weight loss program in the very near future, complete with cut(e) progress photos of the ounces rolling off the lardy ones.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I will bet my last taco that Mykelti and Tony will be shilling a weight loss program in the very near future, complete with cut(e) progress photos of the ounces rolling off the lardy ones.

Sounds like they'll go into business with Janelle.  LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

The waistband, pleats accentuating her belly & hips, and hemline ending at the widest part of her calves make her look like a garbage truck.  "Stylist" "influencers" should be showing potential clients how to make them look better than a burlap sack.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, deirdra said:

The waistband, pleats accentuating her belly & hips, and hemline ending at the widest part of her calves make her look like a garbage truck.  "Stylist" "influencers" should be showing potential clients how to make them look better than a burlap sack.

This. I can only imagine women looking her and thinking, "I do NOT want to look like THAT."

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

And give up the taco bar?  Can't see that happening. Neither of them seems to have that much ambition or the ability to work at anything.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

The only thing I can think of in regards to her education statement is that she doesn’t seem mature or dedicated enough for college, so at least she’s not going in debt with college loans.  However, how does she expect to run her own business with no education? I would say she could ask the Elder Browns, but I meant a legitimately successful business not tied in to bankruptcy, lawsuits, mlm schemes, etc.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

The only thing I can think of in regards to her education statement is that she doesn’t seem mature or dedicated enough for college, so at least she’s not going in debt with college loans.  However, how does she expect to run her own business with no education? I would say she could ask the Elder Browns, but I meant a legitimately successful business not tied in to bankruptcy, lawsuits, mlm schemes, etc.

I agree she's not really for college, but I don't think it's just immaturity. This chick seems kinda......dumb. If it's just immaturity, she may change her mind down the road (when she realizes she doesn't know everything).

So our savvy fashionista has "decided" she can make more money without an education selling ugly, unflattering muumuus. Oh wait, the LuLaNo gurus tell her everything she needs to know. Ah, the grip of an MLM on poor, cow-brained women. 

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I agree she's not really for college, but I don't think it's just immaturity. This chick seems kinda......dumb. If it's just immaturity, she may change her mind down the road (when she realizes she doesn't know everything).

So our savvy fashionista has "decided" she can make more money without an education selling ugly, unflattering muumuus. Oh wait, the LuLaNo gurus tell her everything she needs to know. Ah, the grip of an MLM on poor, cow-brained women. 

I really wonder if she has some sort of learning disability.  Were the kids homeschooled when they were younger or did they always go to public school?  I don’t know any of this would have been caught in school, if she does indeed have one, but the Browns seem to minimize (at least on the show) their children's Issues: Truely almost dies, Ysabel is wearing half the plumbing department of the Home Depot, I mean they’re outed as polygamists and are use to running up bills, I don’t understand why they wait so long.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, DakotaJustice said:

I just think she doesn't care about the future. 

Which isn't surprising since the parents don't either.  Kootie and the Gang only look as far ahead as the next season.  Instead of socking away the money from TLC, they spend it as fast as the paychecks come in.  When that's gone it will be back to a round of bankruptcies and running up credit card debt. 

She's not bright enough to see that that kind of life is not only unsustainable but gives no hope for retirement with an income.

• Love 9

The outfit in the second photo is not really that terrible. However the pose is wildly crazy.

I agree that it is possible she has some sort of learning disability. Maybe that fall from the horse way back when did some damage that was never detected. Or maybe it is the elevator just doesn't go to the top floor?

I hope as she matures that she realizes that education is important and valuable to making a good secure living. Maybe she just thinks FT is going to provide for them and she doesn't have to worry about it??

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Maybe she just thinks FT is going to provide for them and she doesn't have to worry about it??

Well, so far he's kept them well stocked with action figures at home, toys on his desk at work, and his girly sunglasses. And obviously food.  So all is well in their world.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

The outfit in the second photo is not really that terrible. However the pose is wildly crazy.

I agree, the second outfit is actually cute and age-appropriate. But the first one is HIDEOUS. She looks like she reached into her great-grandmother's closet and pulled out random clothes. Just awful.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Tony uses, were, instead of we’re. Proofreading.......

Neither of them appears to have a basic grasp of proper grammar. 

But gonna be rich without any of that fancy eddycashun.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I really wonder if she has some sort of learning disability.  Were the kids homeschooled when they were younger or did they always go to public school?  I don’t know any of this would have been caught in school, if she does indeed have one, but the Browns seem to minimize (at least on the show) their children's Issues: Truely almost dies, Ysabel is wearing half the plumbing department of the Home Depot, I mean they’re outed as polygamists and are use to running up bills, I don’t understand why they wait so long.

Good question. She would have been in school when teachers had more training and insight into disabilities (or, should have) than they used to. I had a rough go until college because they didn't catch my autism. When I as growing up, if you couldn't learn like the rest or if you fell behind, you were automatically classified as learning disabled. It sucked. Once I got into college (barely) and with fewer distractions, I made almost all As and excelled in science and linguistics. Of course in Mykelti's culture, they don't care about women so who knows what help was available to her. 

Again, especially the females. I'd hate to be a woman in that culture. I seriously want one of these girls to join the military, fly fighter jets, become an astronaut and buck all the stereotypes. And FFS, not sell LuLaNO. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

She would have been in school when teachers had more training and insight into disabilities (or, should have) than they used to.

Weren't they home schooled in Utah?  I can't see Christine picking up on anything unusual if she was managing all the kids.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Weren't they home schooled in Utah?  I can't see Christine picking up on anything unusual if she was managing all the kids.

As the last of the four girls born within 15 months, Mykelti probably did not get any special attention in "school".  Christine's grammar isn't the greatest; how much education did she have before becoming their "teacher"?

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, deirdra said:

Christine's grammar isn't the greatest; how much education did she have before becoming their "teacher"?

Wellllll, she was Plyg Royalty.  And she knows that toasters kill people. Does that count?

Edited by Kohola3
second thoughts
  • LOL 7

Minus the stupid toddler pose and superhero costume look of the dress, this is the nicest I’ve seen her look in a while. Blue is a really good color for her and her hair looks nice a bit lighter and less severe. If only she could now find a backdrop that isn’t the same ugly brick wall. 

• Love 16

All of these dresses are exactly the same design only with different lengths hems and different fabric. And she needs to learn to pose like an adult. Her hair does look nice.

• Love 4
On 7/13/2019 at 6:35 AM, Jeanne222 said:

Gosh I thought that last picture with the green top was Mariah!!!  

No kidding - same overdyed hair, same squishy-eyed cheese-eating smile - this really does look like Mariah.  That's 100% Kody's genetics at work there.

On 7/13/2019 at 10:29 PM, YupItsMe said:

That is one horrible outfit all the way around but especially the skirt.

FOR THE LAST TIME - LulaNo!!!  You CANNOT close your eyes and pull three or four random things out of a pile of polyester and assume it's going to look even passably good!  No!  NO!!  That's not how it works!  That's not how any of this works!

Mykelti looks ridiculous.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 7/13/2019 at 8:53 AM, Galloway Cave said:

I may be wrong but I kinda think my generation was the last generation to really be able to make a living without a degree.  Even our most entry level jobs where I work require a degree.  Police officer jobs require a degree.  Yes you can go to trade school but it is still school.  Yes you can be a computer genius and make money without a degree but let's be real, that isn't Mykelti.  Once TLC and reality shows go away which WILL happen eventually, what is this gal gonna do?  She isn't exactly setting the world on fire with her influencing gig (she can't even shill nail shit and make her own nails look decent).  I predict once a  Lil Taco comes into the picture they will have a lot more worries.

• Love 8
On 7/14/2019 at 5:38 AM, Kohola3 said:

Neither of them appears to have a basic grasp of proper grammar. 

But gonna be rich without any of that fancy eddycashun.

I really hope they don't homeskool

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Once TLC and reality shows go away which WILL happen eventually, what is this gal gonna do?  She isn't exactly setting the world on fire with her influencing gig (she can't even shill nail shit and make her own nails look decent).

They are on so little I'm guessing the reality show money is not really much of a factor any more.  She comes to family events but hasn't shown up in a lot of random episodes where it is obvious she only came for the money.  I think the girls just stayed involved in the show because they really just wanted to get their weddings paid for.  All of the girls have started on the shilling shit and "influencing" (along with Garrison apparently.)  It will be interesting to see if they start to break away from it as they mature.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

It will be interesting to see if they start to break away from it as they mature.

Possibly, if they get hungry enough. But all they know is shilling and reality TV.

• Love 2