Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Mom 2 : Things That We Need To Discuss NOW!

• Start Topic

I don't know if this was already posted.. I'm not going to post a link because there are many of them. Just search "Teen Mom 2 cancelled".

I'm very sad & disappointed about this. We've watched all these kids grow up and go through all kinds of changes. We've watched the Moms grow up as well and become great people and great Moms. Well- except Jenelle. I guess I'm gonna have to check Google now and then.

• Love 1

Her attorney pointed out she takes meds for her migraines, so she won't even have to be completely clean.

Well, a drug test would confirm what exactly she is taking aside from the prescribed medication. Going by the real-time info, we now know she fucked up on that drug test.

• Love 1

Even if Leah is on medication for "headaches" no doctor I have ever heard of will give you opiates for a migraine, especially to take at home. I've had migraines myself and even when I had one that was so bad that I ended up in the ER (it was so bad I was literally having trouble seeing) they only gave me a shot of toradol, and sent me home with a script for imitrex. So Leah saying she uses percocet or whatever for headaches means she's full of shit, and if her lawyer advised her to say that he's an idiot too. They should have come up with an ailment that sounds more legit.

Anyway.. so far this season is a major improvement over the TMOG girls and we're only one episode in.

• Love 9
(edited)

Well, a drug test would confirm what exactly she is taking aside from the prescribed medication. Going by the real-time info, we now know she fucked up on that drug test.

I thought I remember reading around that time that she did pass the test.  I mean, we know she is obviously on something but I really thought she did somehow.  She didn't go to rehab until May and this test was done in December.

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/61917/20150123/leah-calvert-news-teen-mom-2-star-passes-hair-follicle-drug-test-in-court-during-custody-battle-with-corey-simms-video.htm

http://www.ibtimes.com/teen-mom-2-star-leah-calvert-reportedly-passed-drug-test-ahead-custody-hearing-1791572

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 2
(edited)

If they took a hair sample of 1.5 inches, how much time does that cover?  The look on that lawyer's face when Leah was blabbering on about how she is totally, 100% drug-free and that they would never find anything wrong was funny.  She was clearly thinking that it was all BS and has a terrible poker face.  I feel sorry for Corey, it has to be terrible watching the Leah self-implode in front of the twins and knowing that there is nothing you can do.  Leah needs to make up her mind - is it difficult for her to raise the A's or has she got it sorted?  Because IMO, it can't keep going on like this.  

I probably seem overly-critical but Leah just pushes my buttons.  The twins have a father who wants to have them more often but instead their mother is clinging onto them like a lifeboat on the Titanic and sticking her fingers in her ears when someone makes a comment on her parenting.  She needs to realise that what she wants and what is best for her kids aren't necessarily one and the same.  

Edited by ChocolateAddict
  • Love 6

Don't get me wrong, I think she needed a haircut, but I don't think they do the hair drug tests that way. I think they cut from the "root" end so they get the most current info/results.

• Love 5
(edited)

NikSac- that is how it should be done. I just can't see how she possibly could've passed knowing what we know.

Correct me if I'm wrong- I don't know much about hair testing- but if they cut off the bottom 1.5 inches of hair couldn't this have been hair growth from before her drug use days? Also, if she was prescribed benzos wouldn't she be okay'd for having some of those in her system? However, the lawyer worded it as if NO drugs were present- including the prescribed benzos. In fact, did the lawyer mention benzos at all? ETA: Okay on rewatch she was not tested for benzos. Must be nice to have them prescribed to you.

Didn't Leah visit rehab as well?

I know as well that there are special shampoos and various regimens that are supposed to remove drug residue from the hair, but I doubt that they work at all, and they seem more like a marketing scheme than something that would legitimatley work.

Honestly, I shouldn't be that surprised I could see Leah as "only" (an alleged) benzo abuser. Until proven otherwise I shall believe that she's a clean serial monogomist.

Edited by Granimal
(edited)

My job drug tested by cutting my hair.  They cut just under top layer.  They cut the full length off but only tested the top portion that was the closest to my scalp.  That's just a job drug test so surely the court system tests the same way.

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 3
(edited)

Don't get me wrong, I think she needed a haircut, but I don't think they do the hair drug tests that way. I think they cut from the "root" end so they get the most current info/results.

It might read that way, but it is cut from the root. I had that done when I had to take a drug test for my job at the courts.

Every time I read the thread title - Shakedown - I can't help but hear that Bob Seger song in my head "Take down, shake down, your busted". Pretty good description of what is going down with Leah.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5
(edited)

I know when friends had to submit a hair sample for a drug test years ago (for a job) they would bleach the ever loving fuck out of their heads the night before. Leah looks like she does that regularly anyway so maybe that's why they didn't find anything. The skeptic in me says Leah wasn't actually clean, she just found some loophole....even if she used some kind of quackery "body cleanse" shit you can get at head shops or natural food stores. Or she convinced one of her (probably shady) doctors to write up some medical necessity letter. I wouldn't put it past her.

Edited by fliptopbox
  • Love 4

She looked terrified at what those results would be.  Terrified, and ready to hear the worst.  She was beyond ecstatic to find out she passed the test, and IMHO, and clean and sober person wouldn't be so ecstatic.  Maybe she had her weave tested.  I don't know how she got out of that one.  Maybe whatever she's addicted to wasn't tested for. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Every time I read the thread title - Shakedown - I can't help but hear that Bob Seger song in my head "Take down, shake down, your busted". Pretty good description of what is going down with Leah.

Holy shit, you really are my twin. I start singing it every time I come to this thread.

My husband asked why the hell I was singing it so much. I told him it's from a commercial, the truth was too embarrassing. LOL.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 5

So if a prospective employee or other recipient of a drug test is bald, do they just go for a blood test? Or do they shave off body hair?

Also, I bleach my hair platinum. Say I had a fresh touch-up on my roots and needed a drug test, would that affect the results, or would they just make me grow it out for a couple of weeks?

Apparently if you shave your head they can use armpit, back, chest, or sometimes arm hair. Regarding the bleaching, it looks like an occasional user could completely fry and re-dye their hair (it needs to be signifigantly damaged) and be safe but a daily toker would probably still show some THC.

• Love 1

Apparently if you shave your head they can use armpit, back, chest, or sometimes arm hair. Regarding the bleaching, it looks like an occasional user could completely fry and re-dye their hair (it needs to be signifigantly damaged) and be safe but a daily toker would probably still show some THC.

Ah, good to know. I was just curious--I like my hair so I won't try to kill it, plus I'm not on anything. ;-)

So, back in 2007...was that why Britney Spears shaved her head?

(edited)

There are ways (other than bleaching) to beat a hair follicle test, though non are guaranteed. I know at least 3 people who have done it -- 1 female, 2 male; they were all current and more than occasional users of multiple substances, but mostly opiates, benzos (mainly Klonopin) and daily to occasional use of marijuana. (As to why I know so many people who needed to beat a drug test, it's a long story, but I'll say a combination of former in-laws and a former spouse, lol. FORMER, lol)

I'm sure Leah is not innocent in her substance use, and instead of lying and working around drug tests (if that's the case), the best thing for her and her children would be to admit to any existing issues and get help. It isn't easy, it isn't fun, and it can be embarrassing, but it's a lot more fun than losing custody of your kids, overdosing, going broke, etc, and less embarrassing than nodding out on TV.

I agree with the "no opiates for headaches" chorus. I've been there, done that, and in some cases, opiates can often make headaches worse.

Also, I just cannot tolerate Leah and her bullshit. Now she's blaming Miranda for her issues with Corey. Leah accepts zero responsibility and can't admit the slightest fault.

What is she going to do with Germy and Germy's money gone? Frankly, as long as the girlses have everything they need, I wouldn't mind Leah falling on her ass. That girl needs to learn a thing or two about work and the value of a dollar.

She should thank the stars for Corey. He does what a dad is supposed to do, and she doesn't have to beg him to be a father like most of these MTV dads. Any other dad would have ran her through skewers and humiliated her for her shenanigans, but not Corey ; he tries to sit and talk with her like an adult-- I believe truly trying to do what's best for the girlses--and she always ends up making it about herself-- me me me me! For all her talk, she's one of the most selfish of all, because she works so hard to hide who she truly is, and puts more energy into covering her faults and lies than she puts into mothering. She is despicable.

Janelle is psycho. I truly cannot stand her. She's Farrah-level of "in another world", IMO. her thought processes and ways of thinking are both so incredibly screwy, it boggles the mind. Barb has issues, but Janelle seems to have issues that can't be chalked up to bad or inept parenting. There is something off with Janelle, very off.

Kail and Javi are reaping the seeds of what they've sown over the years, BUT...

IMO, Kail knew Javi was itching for a way to keep her from going, and I think that text was just the ammo he needed to get what he wanted. If one seemingly innocent text throws that much distrust into a relationship, there are way bigger issues. Some were saying that there had to be more, but if it were already an issue, wouldn't he have said so before and not agreed to her going and possibly staying the night? The trust issue wasn't mentioned until after the text, and I swear, Javi looked absolutely gleeful at Kail not going. He knew if he played the "won't pick him up" card that Kail would be forced to stay home.

I don't think Kail is cheating (I know she cheated on Jordan, but people make shitty mistakes --not excusing her AT ALL--but Javi knew about that), and I really don't think she's secretly texting and flirting and thinking of cheating.

Javi seems to me to be a certain type of guy --controlling (but not necessarily dominant ), insecure, passive-aggressive, not necessarily a bad guy, but a very immature guy.

Kail has many, many, faults, and there are times when I just don't get why she is so snappy snd short, but while I could be wrong, I have a feeling she was truly innocent here. She had the demeanor and emotions of someone truly torn and truly desperate. I think she was angry, because she said Javi always backs out or finds an excuse, and that's exactly what happened. At the same time, I think she was frustrated and emotional, and also trying to convey that it was an innocent text. I believe her. I felt she was being genuine --albeit at times with her typical attitude-and I think she was truthful when she said Javi is controlling and insecure. I don't blame her for not wanting to give up her privacy, either. It has nothing to do with privacy or hiding things or being guilty of something inappropriate , and everything to do with honoring boundaries and having respect. A marriage is not a license to expect the other person to give up their autonomy and every aspect of their privacy. Furthermore, if you have to demand it (trust, for one), it doesn't exist.

Javi seems to be "one of those guys" ; he'll squeeze and push and pull and demand, thinking he's creating trust when he is really creating distance. He will make demands above "no passwords", and for every one she meets he will set the bar higher. Kail can't do anything to make Javi trust her --Javi needs to work on himself (Kail does too, boy does she (!!!), but I'm really talking about this specific thing). If Kail gives in to that, she's setting a tone which will be hard to undo. What demands will he make next? When will enough be enough? Does he think having a password is going to stop her from cheating? If he really thinks she's cheating, why was he seemingly Ok with her going before the text issue?

I've always had more male friends than female. I grew up in a neighborhood full of boys, have two brothers (didn't have a sister until I was 22), and for various other reasons it just turned out that way. My boyfriends (and even my ex-husband, who was physically abusive) were fine with this, and if they weren't, then they weren't for me. For the record, it went both ways when it came to having opposite-sex friends.

There are plenty of men (and women ) who are jealous and insecure , and through no fault of their partner. I see the signs and have zero trouble believing Kail when it comes to this.

Now, I'm not saying Kail is an innocent party in her marital issues. She doesn't know how to talk to people, she's seems to get easily frustrated, not to mention the fact that she put her hands on Javi (inexcusable). That doesn't mean she's being or considering being unfaithful to him.

All that being said, if Javi does have female friends, she better damn well be as accepting as she wants him to be, otherwise she's wrong, wrong, wrong.

Chelsea -- who knew she'd become my favorite Teen Mom? I hope her guy is legit; she and Aubree deserve it!

Eta: typos, add'l thoughts on Leah and Chelsea

Edited by Scorpiosunshine
  • Love 5

Maybe they got leah's fake extension instead her real hair lol!

LOL

Also, I bleach my hair platinum. Say I had a fresh touch-up on my roots and needed a drug test, would that affect the results, or would they just make me grow it out for a couple of weeks?

Back when I had my hair cut for the drug test, I had my hair bleached too. I told them the only thing they were going to find was peroxide. I then asked them how do they test hair that has been bleached, dyed, what have you. They told me it didn't matter since they cut hair from the root/scalp area. That hair is newer and whatever drugs have been ingested, will remain in the root area.

This reminds me of a murder case where a man was poisoned by his wife. After he died, they dug up his grave and cut some of his hair from the root. I think he had been dead over a month. The testing showed the poison and it actually helped the investigators how much of the poison was given to him at different times because his hair, no matter that he died, retained the information of what drugs were in his system for at least a month prior to him being admitted into the hospital. They were even able to determine that the most poison he received was while he was in the hospital, where he was for at least a week before dying. His wife put the poison in his I.V. tube.

Holy shit, you really are my twin. I start singing it every time I come to this thread.

My husband asked why the hell I was singing it so much. I told him it's from a commercial, the truth was too embarrassing. LOL.

I am here right now singing this damn song in my head. To top it off, I don't even like this song!

• Love 1
(edited)

Yep. Something's fishy about the hair test. Weirdly I just watched the episode where Leah got that odd short haircut. *ahem* I demand a retest!

I looked up some info regarding hair testing and found that 1.5 inches of hair is typically cut because hair grows 1-2 inches every 90 days and According to the chart on the website I visited most drugs last 90 days in the hair follicle (others last less). I still don't think its an exact science and can be beaten, but maybe I'm just stubborn that way. Plus if Leah has prescriptions for benzos and opiates for "headaches: then what the heck were they testing for? (Hypothetical, but damn that kind of covers a lot of drugs that can be abused!)

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 4
(edited)

Susanne Daniels, MTV Programming President, gave an interview last year. She mentions here her reasons for putting shows, like Teen Mom, on air. She talks about a tragedy that occurred on one MTV show, and changing  Real World.  Her reaction to Teen Mom when it first appeared on MTV, when she was working at the WB network, is a normal reaction. The excuse she gives is the same one MTV has been pushing from day one - it is a cautionary tale:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mtv-chief-real-worlds-future-694321

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 1

I disagree with her completely. 16 and Pregnant is a very powerful cautionary tale. Teen Mom and Teen Mom 2 not only glorify teen motherhood (particularly when Dr. Drew applauds them for the most basic of accomplishments and maligns anyone who calls them out), but has seriously enabled these girls to continue making irresponsible, illegal, and potentially dangerous decisions. A number of crew members have mentioned that filming these girls (or watching the footage prior to the editing cuts) has led to sleepless nights, among other ailments. I suspect there's a lot of very disturbing footage left on the cutting room floor.

• Love 9

Susanne Daniels, MTV Programming President, gave an interview last year. She mentions here her reasons for putting shows, like Teen Mom, on air. She talks about a tragedy that occurred on one MTV show, and changing  Real World.  Her reaction to Teen Mom when it first appeared on MTV, when she was working at the WB network, is a normal reaction. The excuse she gives is the same one MTV has been pushing from day one - it is a cautionary tale:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mtv-chief-real-worlds-future-694321

Quote:  "I think you can show bad behavior as long as you hang a lantern on the fact that it's bad behavior," says Susanne Daniels, pointing to hit "Teen Mom" by way of example.  Is she fucking serious?  Those shows are full of bad behavior, and MTV isn't hanging any lanterns on it.  They're just presenting it as "a day in the life" and allowing the women to insert their own commentary so they can tell viewers what great parents they are.  Even worse are the season finales, where Dr. Drew or that lame female host treat them like rock stars and the audience applauds them for getting out of bed before Noon.

• Love 7

There s a show MTV ran that had a way more realistic view of being a teen mom.  Teen High? or something like that.  It was way more truthful about teen dads that keep it moving, families that couldn't or wouldn't help out, girls having to leave school to work some minimum wage job to pay rent in a bullshit apartment.  I only remember seeing one season of the show.

I guess it was too real for MTV.

• Love 7
(edited)

I remember watching that show, too Brooklynista. It definitely was a different show than this TM bullshit.

Another article (interesting read - 3 pages) which talks about Teen Mom, the media, and other interesting things related to TM, 16 & Pregnant, as well as this:

"When I used to watch it before I got pregnant, I did not think too much of it," she said. "It was fun to watch. I never thought it would be like a lesson or anything. I just watched it for entertainment."

Corinna says she never idolized the girls on MTV or aspired to be a teen mom. But now that she's pregnant, her friends think it's is cute.

"They seem like excited. Saying, 'I want a baby,' and I'm like, not right now," Corinna said. "It is not as easy as you all think."

It's not easy, and it's not cheap. Corinna will likely need food stamps and welfare.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/teen-pregnancy-young-mom-treat-celebrity-mtv-show/story?id=13039764

The show was "fun to watch" to Corinna. Not the kind of thing MTV wants to hear. Oh, who am I kidding. MTV doesn't give two shits if anyone gathers real insight from this show.

Bella Roche - I agree. MTV allows the girls to try to manipulate with their voice-overs, their interviews, and so damn true about Dr. Drew, a professional who is allowed to coddle these girls.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4

Quote:  "I think you can show bad behavior as long as you hang a lantern on the fact that it's bad behavior," says Susanne Daniels, pointing to hit "Teen Mom" by way of example.  Is she fucking serious?  Those shows are full of bad behavior, and MTV isn't hanging any lanterns on it.  They're just presenting it as "a day in the life" and allowing the women to insert their own commentary so they can tell viewers what great parents they are.  Even worse are the season finales, where Dr. Drew or that lame female host treat them like rock stars and the audience applauds them for getting out of bed before Noon.

The "V" in MTV should stand for violence.

• Love 3

http://www.mtv.com/shows/teen_mom_2/teen-mom-2-season-6-ep-2-chelseas-unpleasant-surprise/1218090/video/#id=1736796

I had tears through the part where Aubrey was singing. Dangit, my kids are 20 and 22 and I bawled like a baby every single time they did their programs through school. Watching Aubrey run to Adam after brought on some strong emotions too. He's just like my kids dad was, always lived close but had little to do with them, but he was their hero and I couldn't say anything. I really felt for Chelsea in that scene but I'm so glad she has such a great family to help her raise Aubrey.

• Love 5

Even if Leah is on medication for "headaches" no doctor I have ever heard of will give you opiates for a migraine, especially to take at home. I've had migraines myself and even when I had one that was so bad that I ended up in the ER (it was so bad I was literally having trouble seeing) they only gave me a shot of toradol, and sent me home with a script for imitrex. So Leah saying she uses percocet or whatever for headaches means she's full of shit, and if her lawyer advised her to say that he's an idiot too. They should have come up with an ailment that sounds more legit.

Anyway.. so far this season is a major improvement over the TMOG girls and we're only one episode in.

Fiorinal and Fioricet are both migraine medications that contain opiates (and barbiturates). I've suffered from migraines for 30 years, and both were regularly prescribed for me on and off by my neurologist. Later (meaning within the last 15 years), he also added Replax (like Imitrex). I've fully switched over to Relpax 100%, but for the first five years or so after they came out, I was given both because the Relpax initially was $16 a pill with my insurance. I would debate whether my migraine was $16 worthy, or if a Fiorinal would suffice.

I absolutely think that Leah is a pill addict, but it's not the case that opiates aren't prescribed for migraines.

• Love 4
(edited)

Serious question for those in the know- are hair tests like urine tests in that they can contain either 5 panels or 9-10 panels or whatever? In the vid posted, they only mentioned testing the big 5 right? I would assume if hair testing is done it would be tested for all substances, but the video only mentioned a few. Things that make you go hmmm.

Sorry to bring this up again, I'm just curious because I was reading an article about employment agencies and the 5 panel vs. 10 panel test.

Edited by Granimal
(edited)

I would assume if hair testing is done it would be tested for all substances, but the video only mentioned a few. Things that make you go hmmm.

I think they test for the usual five such as opiates, marijuana, methamphetamine, cocaine, and Phencyclidine. I believe that is because those are the most common drugs that are ingested.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 1

Hi folks, budget cuts have hit my house and I no longer have MTV proper. I will watch the aftershows, sneak peeks, and whatever crumbs their website has for me. I love reading your recaps and thoughts! Cheers to all, and remember, it's your sex life!

Edited to say Leah's sneak peek was so sad! It really is amazing that this show has chronicled 2 divorces.

Edited by purplemonkey
  • Love 2

Hi folks, budget cuts have hit my house and I no longer have MTV proper. I will watch the aftershows, sneak peeks, and whatever crumbs their website has for me. I love reading your recaps and thoughts! Cheers to all, and remember, it's your sex life!

Edited to say Leah's sneak peek was so sad! It really is amazing that this show has chronicled 2 divorces.

The full episodes are always up the next day, that's how I watch them. As for Leah, I don't think it's amazing to have two divorces by 23, but I do wonder if the irony of meeting Jeremy in the same parking lots to do child hand offs as she met Corey in has hit Leah  yet. When they were both pulling in and I saw the mountains I was like, yep, same parking lot, same fucked up situation.

• Love 2

Teen Mom 2 alert…. I see a few old episodes coming on today @ 2:30 EST. Janelles abortion and hello Nathan. SNARKLICIOUS !  

Gah, I dunno if I can watch that whole "I'm not sure if I'm pregnant (yay!) or the abortion's not complete yet (boo!)" thing again, but I might have to. Thanks for the heads up.

• Love 4