Type keyword(s) to search

Lisa Vanderpump: Pink is her Favorite Color

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Sounds more like a satanic possession than a reaction to bad broccoli.

It’s terrible of me to laugh at what happened to this poor diner, I’m glad she’s okay. Just the visual of her spouting from both ends and the SUR staff stupidly pouring water on and around her, it’s like a scene from a bad comedy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Why did she wait 2 years to file the lawsuit?  Isn't that something you would do within 6 months?  I've never filed a lawsuit so I have no background. 

I can see Raquel pouring water on her.  It's not out of the realm of possibilities. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, izabella said:

I've had food poisoning before.  I didn't start vomiting and diarrhea while still eating the meal.  I call bullshit.

I call bullshit too.  Food poisoning takes several hours; it's not immediate.  And she isn't claiming allergy.  Oh, and can't wait for her to produce those medical records she's going to have to cough up.    Does the Blast link to the complaint filed in Los Angeles Superior Court?  

• Love 12

My hell, if someone fed me something that caused me to crap through my clothing in a public place I would file a lawsuit the day after I was released from the hospital. Or that same week, at least. I would want those mofos to PAY for what they did ASAP - I sure as hell wouldn't wait 2 years. Gah. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Carolina Girl said:

I call bullshit too.  Food poisoning takes several hours; it's not immediate.  And she isn't claiming allergy.  Oh, and can't wait for her to produce those medical records she's going to have to cough up.    Does the Blast link to the complaint filed in Los Angeles Superior Court?  

I've had it as well. It takes hours for symptoms to begin. This fool should be looking at the meal she ate prior to the one at SUR. 

Ridiculous.

• Love 18
35 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

"Next time, on Vanderpump Rules..."

Well we know who leaked (from both ends)

But who leaked the story?...DUN DUN DUN DUN...

I think they probably got it wrong, it wasn't the fish - it was the Goat Cheese Balls.

• LOL 5

Regarding the diner waiting for 2 years to file the suit — while I do not know law, let alone CA law, I seem to remember from working as a legal assistant years ago that people had to make a good faith effort to settle a dispute before filing a complaint with the court. My guess is maybe the diner and SUR have been negotiating back and forth, and the diner wasn’t satisfied with what (if anything) SUR was offering as settlement, so the diner had to file suit before the statute of limitations ran out.

Again, this is just a guess; IANAL and have no info on the case other than what was posted here, so I could be completely wrong, LOL.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
On 8/22/2019 at 7:31 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Sounds more like a satanic possession than a reaction to bad broccoli.

On 8/22/2019 at 10:04 AM, link417 said:

It’s terrible of me to laugh at what happened to this poor diner, I’m glad she’s okay. Just the visual of her spouting from both ends and the SUR staff stupidly pouring water on and around her, it’s like a scene from a bad comedy.

LOL! All I can picture is that scene from the Exorcist...

"…one hour into eating her meal, [her] head suddenly whipped back, causing her body to move backwards as well, as she felt a hot sensation rise from her stomach, into her chest and then into her throat that she was unable to control.” “[The patron’s] head came forward while vomit filled her mouth, and [she] began vomiting profusely,”

Edited by Dutchgirl
  • Love 4
On 8/22/2019 at 11:18 AM, dosodog said:

Why did she wait 2 years to file the lawsuit?  Isn't that something you would do within 6 months?  I've never filed a lawsuit so I have no background. 

Well you're supposed to do some good faith effort to determine that the harm was caused by the defendant. So it might have taken some time to determine the full range of the harm and damages accrued to the plaintiff.  She may have done some investigation to see if she got food poisoning from an earlier meal. If it was reported to the health department, the health department might have done an entire epidemiological investigation. That might have taken some time to do. A lot government agencies will not release regulatory findings until the investigation is complete. That can take extraordinary amounts of time. Her immediate reaction sounds like it might also be an allergy. It could have taken awhile to get that done too. Two years actually doesn't sound that fishy.

• Useful 7
  • Love 2

I'm hoping my question here isn't going to open a can of worms on animal rights so please don't misinterpret my reason for asking.....I get notices from various groups on Instagram because I'm an animal welfare advocate. I got a notice/link from Humane Society International regarding the UPCOMING dog meat festival in Yuland (sorry I know I misspelled the city name) 

My question is this: what exactly did LVP's efforts do to stop the torture of DOGS for food  in Yuland? Maybe it's not being called a "festival" but it looks like it's still happening to both dogs AND cats. But LVP is only into dog rescue.

Anyway, maybe someone here with a legal background can explain in simple terms, what exactly Lisa's Yuland dog torture policy had stopped or made illegal. 

I'm not wanting to debate LVP's choice of animals to rescue, nor am I trying to discredit or challenge her efforts in helping animals.

I just want to know WHY there are still dogs (and cats) being tortured in Euland for people to kill and eat. 

It might have reduced the consumption and amount of animals being killed (at least temporarily), but I think it was a bit naïve to expect it to end permanently.

I mean, The Cove was a much bigger documentary and had more buzz going for it, but dolphin killings in that area of Japan are still happening.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

My question is this: what exactly did LVP's efforts do to stop the torture of DOGS for food  in Yuland? Maybe it's not being called a "festival" but it looks like it's still happening to both dogs AND cats. But LVP is only into dog rescue.

I think LVP's knowledge can be summed up with her initial protest march - TO THE WRONG BUILDING.

While I do believe, she and Ken love their "pets", they don't know what the hell they are doing in the dog rescue business or with the issues in Yulin.

She allowed John Sessa to create a 30 minute - pat myself on the back and look what you should applaud me for movie. They showed what other agencies have been doing for years in Asia (not just Yulin) - the ASPCA in Hong Kong as well as private parties using freight ships to smuggle rescued dogs and cats out (LVP only showed the dogs). John and Lisa acted as though it was them doing this - but they were only along for the ride to film and to try to take credit.

This is where John titled himself "Director" of the 30 minute kiss myself in the mirror show.

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think LVP's knowledge can be summed up with her initial protest march - TO THE WRONG BUILDING.

While I do believe, she and Ken love their "pets", they don't know what the hell they are doing in the dog rescue business or with the issues in Yulin.

She allowed John Sessa to create a 30 minute - pat myself on the back and look what you should applaud me for movie. They showed what other agencies have been doing for years in Asia (not just Yulin) - the ASPCA in Hong Kong as well as private parties using freight ships to smuggle rescued dogs and cats out (LVP only showed the dogs). John and Lisa acted as though it was them doing this - but they were only along for the ride to film and to try to take credit.

This is where John titled himself "Director" of the 30 minute kiss myself in the mirror show.

Thank you KFB for that info. Very eye-opening regarding LVP. And so sad to know these horrors still go on. 

• Love 2
On 9/8/2019 at 11:50 AM, chenoa333 said:

... what exactly did LVP's efforts do to stop the torture of DOGS for food  in Yuland? Maybe it's not being called a "festival" but it looks like it's still happening to both dogs AND cats.

I just want to know WHY there are still dogs (and cats) being tortured in Euland for people to kill and eat. 

1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

haha, yes, protesting at the wrong building. #priceless. But the protest seemed to raise awareness. I'd never heard of the Yulin Festival before. Not that I can do much about it... 

@chenoa333 The House Resolution has no teeth. Its only purpose was to condemn Asia and any other nation that eats dogs and cats and ask them to pretty please stop. India could just as easily pass a resolution that asks us to stop eating cows. 

-----

Resolved, That the House of Representatives—

(1) calls for an end to the dog and cat meat trade on cruelty and public health grounds;

(2) urges all nations to outlaw the dog and cat meat trade and enforce existing laws against such trade; and

(3) affirms the commitment of the United States to the protection of animals and to advancing the progress of animal protection around the world.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-resolution/401/text

• Love 4

Yeah, that resolution pretty much has no teeth...I mean, is the US going to threaten to invade South Korea if they don't stop eating dog there?

The awareness and grassroots activism will probably do more to end things, of which LVP is a small part of.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Dutchgirl said:

haha, yes, protesting at the wrong building. #priceless. But the protest seemed to raise awareness. I'd never heard of the Yulin Festival before. Not that I can do much about it... 

@chenoa333 The House Resolution has no teeth. Its only purpose was to condemn Asia and any other nation that eats dogs and cats and ask them to pretty please stop. India could just as easily pass a resolution that asks us to stop eating cows. 

-----

Resolved, That the House of Representatives—

(1) calls for an end to the dog and cat meat trade on cruelty and public health grounds;

(2) urges all nations to outlaw the dog and cat meat trade and enforce existing laws against such trade; and

(3) affirms the commitment of the United States to the protection of animals and to advancing the progress of animal protection around the world.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-resolution/401/text

So not much has been accomplished as far as stopping any or all of the torture of animals for food consumption. 

Did RHOBH show Lisa going to the wrong building for her protest in Yulin? 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Yeah, that resolution pretty much has no teeth...I mean, is the US going to threaten to invade South Korea if they don't stop eating dog there?

The awareness and grassroots activism will probably do more to end things, of which LVP is a small part of.

You also have to think about the countries involved in shipping the dog/cat meat into Asia.

Russia is one of the biggest suppliers.

Maybe John Sessa can try to set up a Facetime meeting and then proceed to tell Vladimir Putin how hot and young he looks like he did with Hastings. Yep... I can see how well that will go.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 9/8/2019 at 10:50 AM, chenoa333 said:

I got a notice/link from Humane Society International regarding the UPCOMING dog meat festival in Yuland (sorry I know I misspelled the city name) scue.

The "festival" is not upcoming - it happened in June - you should let the Humane Society know they're sending out confusing information.

So not much has been accomplished as far as stopping any or all of the torture of animals for food consumption. 

I think saving hundreds of dogs from the horrors of Yulin is a huge accomplishment:

"The Vanderpump Dog Foundation currently operates two shelters in China that house and rehabilitate dogs rescued from the Yulin Dog Meat Festival. Our two shelters comprise of 14 full-time employees that consist of vets and dog handlers that assist in the medical care and needs of the 131 dogs in our first shelter and the 284 in the other. 

Since we opened these shelters in 2018, we have built new living spaces for all of the dogs, freeing them from their original cages. Additionally, we have enhanced hygienic care by building on-site grooming facilities that allows for proper bathing and cleanliness of our dogs. Moreover, we are in the process of building an on-site hospital where we will be able to perform sterilizations as well as minor surgeries on site. We have also begun working with international partners to re-home these dogs in areas of the world where rescue groups or shelters are not as prevalent, such as Alaska or Idaho. This allows our shelters to continue to create space for more dogs that will inevitably be saved from the Yulin Dog Meat Festival."

https://www.vanderpumpdogs.org/on-the-ground-in-china

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, film noire said:

The "festival" is not upcoming - it happened in June - you should let the Humane Society know they're sending out confusing information.

I think saving hundreds of dogs from the horrors of Yulin is a huge accomplishment:

"The Vanderpump Dog Foundation currently operates two shelters in China that house and rehabilitate dogs rescued from the Yulin Dog Meat Festival. Our two shelters comprise of 14 full-time employees that consist of vets and dog handlers that assist in the medical care and needs of the 131 dogs in our first shelter and the 284 in the other. 

Since we opened these shelters in 2018, we have built new living spaces for all of the dogs, freeing them from their original cages. Additionally, we have enhanced hygienic care by building on-site grooming facilities that allows for proper bathing and cleanliness of our dogs. Moreover, we are in the process of building an on-site hospital where we will be able to perform sterilizations as well as minor surgeries on site. We have also begun working with international partners to re-home these dogs in areas of the world where rescue groups or shelters are not as prevalent, such as Alaska or Idaho. This allows our shelters to continue to create space for more dogs that will inevitably be saved from the Yulin Dog Meat Festival."

https://www.vanderpumpdogs.org/on-the-ground-in-china

I'm not trying to create controversy about anyone's efforts to save animals and change things for the better. I'm just trying to educate myself on the subject. 

Is there a separate "festival" held in Yulin (or elsewhere) for torturing and eating cats? I would like to learn more about this without ending up in a Google rabbithole of images I will never get out of my brain. Thanks 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I would like to learn more about this without ending up in a Google rabbithole of images I will never get out of my brain. Thanks 

I know. As an animal lover, I’m uncomfortable looking at the images too. Heartbreaking.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Did RHOBH show Lisa going to the wrong building for her protest in Yulin? 

Yes 😄 - not that it mattered - they were protesting in LA, not China

Edited by princelina
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, princelina said:

Yes 😄 - not that it mattered - they were protesting in LA, not China

Not much effort required for THAT! Geesh .... thanks to all of you posters for enlightening me on what LVP REALLY does to save dogs. 

IMO All of this is MOO!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Hiyo said:

We've invaded, pardon, "created peace" for much less. lmao

• Love 4
11 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

"She spends her days sitting in a chair, talking to an imaginary audience whilst sipping tea and stroking her husband's future toupee as it sits on her lap."

Edited by Hiyo
  • LOL 4
6 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

I’ve been doing some purging and reorganizing in my bedroom.  Sorting through my books and my copy of Vendetta: Luckys Revenge turned up.  The pic of Jackie Collins on the back floored me.  I tried to put the pic in here but I cannot figure out how to make it small enough to post.   I’m like LVP??? 🤣🤣🤣.  Dang if it’s not a doppelgänger.  And long live LUCKY!  I read those probably before I should have (thanks mom).  

Also, I recently went to LA just to go to Tom Tom and SUR.  We met Lisa’s son Max at SUR and he was nothing but hard working and gracious.  Stopped to take pics with anyone and everyone.  Multiple times, all while working his arse off.  Truly.   He actually stopped to take a pic with everyone that asked.  On my way out I said “thanks, Max!”  And he replies no, my pleasure. All night long he never ceased from this.  If nothing else, Lisa and Ken did raise some good kids.  In my opinion.   Sure it’s to his benefit, but he did seem to be so gracious.  

Thanks for sharing your encounter! It’s always nice to hear that a famous person’s kid was raised to be a decent human being, Max sounds like good people. What little I saw of Pandora on the show (not sure if she was on very much, I never paid attention to LVP’s segments) makes me think she’s down-to-earth as well, so LVP and Ken did a good job all around, it seems.

I still can’t stand them (LVP/Ken) but I gotta give props to good parenting.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I’ve been doing some purging and reorganizing in my bedroom.  Sorting through my books and my copy of Vendetta: Luckys Revenge turned up.  The pic of Jackie Collins on the back floored me.  I tried to put the pic in here but I cannot figure out how to make it small enough to post.   I’m like LVP??? 🤣🤣🤣.  Dang if it’s not a doppelgänger.  And long live LUCKY!  I read those probably before I should have (thanks mom).  

Also, I recently went to LA just to go to Tom Tom and SUR.  We met Lisa’s son Max at SUR and he was nothing but hard working and gracious.  Stopped to take pics with anyone and everyone.  Multiple times, all while working his arse off.  Truly.   He actually stopped to take a pic with everyone that asked.  On my way out I said “thanks, Max!”  And he replies no, my pleasure. All night long he never ceased from this.  If nothing else, Lisa and Ken did raise some good kids.  In my opinion.   Sure it’s to his benefit, but he did seem to be so gracious.  

Aw, I’ve always thought Max seemed sweet! I think we’ve all had some poor customer service. I’ve also been around athletes who get really sick of taking photos and such, so not everyone is going to be nice just to be liked or for return customers or whatever. Thank you for sharing. :) 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

No wonder. It must be quite a relief to be rid of the toxicity of KREDT (Kyle, Rinna, Erika, Dorit, Teddi) Squad.

ETA: KREDT SQUAD, No pun intended. Or maybe pun intended. Okay, pun intended.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8