Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

Kim said, in the Dr Phil interview, that she wanted to go somewhere to "recharge myself"... To me that means she just wants to go away for a rest, relaxation and massages. So even now, after the public 'outing' of her drinking and arrest, she doesn't believe she needs rehab. No way will any rehab, anywhere, work for someone who doesn't believe they have a problem. Add into the mix the fact that she is a narcissistic and demanding person means she isn't the type to allow anyone to convince her of anything she doesn't herself believe. What I mean is: Kim doesn't think she has a problem and it's unlikely anyone will convince her otherwise.

Perhaps she thinks six months at the Beverly Hills Hotel is where she needs to go to "recharge"???  Of course, someone else would need to foot the bill, though.

• Love 6

Bringing it back around to Kim; it was interesting to hear her say that the deal with her relationship with Kyle and Alexia was the thing that was really bothering her. Very different from what she had to say about her relationship with Kyle at the reunion. 

I think that Kim only said that for the benefit of her kids.  I don't think she has any remorse at all about her relationship issues with Kyle.  

• Love 14

Why isn't Brooke taking care of Dad-she vacations about two weeks out of the month.  This is a screwed up family.  Brooke needs to step up and take care of dad instead of leaving her parents in charge of the dog and having a second wedding. 

Why is it Brooke? Doesn't he have other children with other women? Besides, Monty is off in Vegas. Doesn't sound like he is on his deathbed as Kim and Brandi have led some to believe. Monty is enjoying his last months on this planet. He is not at the point yet where he needs a caregiver.

• Love 11

I'm not surprised there hasn't been any comments or even leaks from the Beverly Hills Hotel. Discretion and privacy are sacrosanct in the hospitality industry, esp. hotels. Plus, this one in particular is in Hollywood, and caters to a long line of celebrities. If they ever blabbed about a celeb, esp. about a story that's all over the press, they'd be out of business in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately Kim seems to know that and thinks that gives her carte blanche to peddle her lies about never being served alcohol at the Polo Lounge. She knows they won't come out and refute her story. The cops must have gotten the actual, unadulterated chronology of events from the staff though.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 8
I'm still processing but one quote jumped out at me and it was when Chad said, "I live with you...You take pills, you do this every once in awhile, you smoke pot." To me it sounded like Chad was making a gesture of some kind when he said 'you do this every once in awhile'. Something that he doesn't feel that he can talk about when he's mic'd up. JMO.

Avaleigh, I heard that, too!  I was thinking he was pointing to something, but can't imagine what she would have been doing right there unless it was Xanax, but he already said pills. 

Edited by izabella
  • Love 4

It's so clear that not being on RHOBH is as scary to Kim as rehab, honesty, etc.  Whenever Dr. Phil alluded to life off of TV, she quickly found some rationale that the show and all the stresses surrounding it are completely manageable. I really hope they treat her limelight addiction at the treatment center too,

And a big part of me wishes that after showing the Amsterdam clip, Dr. Phil said, "First off...what did Harry do?!?" 

Edited by El Robzter
  • Love 18

Unfortunately Kim seems to know that and thinks that gives her carte blanche to peddle her lies about never being served alcohol at the Polo Lounge. She knows they won't come out and refute her story. The cops must have gotten the actual, unadulterated chronology of events from the staff though.

When her hearing happens all the relevant info will be made public, so we will then know if she ordered any/how many drinks at the PL! LOL

• Love 5

Please if, IF, she ever writes it, her blog will be a dubious mile long laundry list of grievances that would need a festivus pole for us to climb and keep above the quagmire of her life issues.

And hip boots to wade through all of the bullshit contained therein.

My sister rescued a 5-week-old pit bull puppy today that had been abandoned.

I thought about Kingsley and how he was probably equally precious at that age, before this bitch came into his life and ruined any possible future he may have had.

Because it can't be said enough, FUCK YOU, KIM RICHARDS.

• Love 16

I finally got around to watching the interview today with my husband.  I liked the way Kim dressed for it -- not all "Hollywoody" and glitzy like some stars dress for a daytime talk show, but casual, smart and clean looking.  I'd seen her kids before, but they impressed me again today by how mature they seemed for their ages, especially given their backgrounds.

Dr. Phil tried to get the audience in a snarky mood with his poor acting in the beginning, totally unlike a  professional show host.  He rolled his eyes, shifted his weight, made sour faces, looked at the clock, and totally did the prima donna act before Kim entered.   His audacity was off the charts!  There was no sense in being angry with him, so he struck me funny from then on.  Someone really should tell him that he can't act.

I don't blame Kim for leaving.  I give her an A+ for sticking with it as long as she did.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 1

In Australia, we have liquor licensing which means hefty fines for staff and the establishment if they serve alcohol to someone who is intoxicated... Would this be the case for the Polo Lounge? If it is, no wonder no one is admitting to serving her alcohol.

• Love 6

Kim's two faced...sweet for the camera. Oh the poor thing had to rush off due to ANXIETY. But as soon as the door closes and she's off camera its obviously ANGER that made her rush off set.

Aaarrrggghhh Kim Richards has made me switch over to a mean kitty avatar cos she's making me too snarky for the butterfly one I was using! Although, I think I prefer kitty!

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 19

How dare she drag her kids into this farce.  Kim had no intention of going to rehab - just using it as a PR stunt that turned horribly bad for her.  Her kids are in pain, and she was using them as props.  When she looked at Kimberley and asked "Is this an intervention?", the look on her face was very telling - she looked at that poor girl like "you better toe the line and say what's expected".     Brooke is dealing with her dying father, while still trying to carry on a somewhat normal life, which seems to be what her dad wants.  Chad has recently had many serious setbacks, and he, above everyone, knows the right words, phrases to say.  He just came out of a in-treatment group home (which I think he may still be at, with privileges - meaning he can come and go during certain hours), and yet with all that stress to maintain his own sanity, he's got to sit there and deal with his Mom's BS!!!

Kim rattling on and on about "caring for Monty" really drives me nuts.    Yes, when diagnosed he seems to have decided to spend time with those people in his life that he loves.   That just doesn't mean Kim, but also his other ex-wife, his other kids, friends, etc.  He's not full time at Kim's house.   Monty comes and goes, he was recently off to Vegas, then this week is spending time in Newport with his ex-wife Teri and daughter Whitney.    Kim makes it sound like she's doling out meds, changing sheets, preparing special meals, etc.  No, she goes out with him, or when he feels like it, they stay in and watch movies.  But she is by no means a full-time care giver!!!  

Sorry, this part of her fantasy hits a sore spot with me.  My SIL is dying, and my BIL is a real full-time care-giver.   She just had to go into a nursing home (she didn't want hospice at her home), so he's there from 8am until 10 or 11 at night.  Making sure she's taken care of, reading to her, playing her favorite music.   If she lives long enough to leave within the next week, she will go home and he won't even get the little time off for sleep he gets now.   So for Kim to play this card, for PR and sympathy is so insulting!!!!

Keeping a kind thought for your SIL and BIL and family. I know how hard caregiving can be, I did it for many years for both parents.

• Love 7

Why is it Brooke? Doesn't he have other children with other women? Besides, Monty is off in Vegas. Doesn't sound like he is on his deathbed as Kim and Brandi have led some to believe.

Thats why I say he and Kim might do drugs/alcohol together. He probably cant get away abusing substances with the other women of his life. And like I said early Kim knows her children are good souls she takes advantage of that with her addiction. Kim's children, minus Whitney, are probably over their moms addiction but they are not willing to walk away from her neither.

Someone brought up a good point. How is that being happy where things are without Kyle working for you now, Kim! You owe her some serious apologizing.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 8

Thats why I say he and Kim might do drugs/alcohol together. He probably cant get away abusing substances with the other women of his life. And like I said early Kim knows her children are good souls she takes advantage of that with her addiction. Kim's children, minus Whitney, are probably over their moms addiction but they are not willing to walk away from her neither.

Someone brought up a good point. How is that being happy where things are without Kyle working for you now, Kim! You owe her some serious apologizing.

Do we know for sure that Whitney is taking a hard line with Kim? I haven't heard one way or the other about why she's been absent from the circus. 

• Love 2

Likes to everything.

Kim's daughter with the black hair is beautiful.

I am still haunted by seeing Guiliana Ransics emaciated frame in the entertainment show clip at the beginning talking about Kim's arrest.

Hmmm if Monty is dying, why doesn't he want the daughters only remaining parent healthy? To me, not enabling Kim should be his priority alongside his treatment. He has some ownership.

Those poor kids are the casualty.

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 8

Let's all be real the second wedding is a week long party in Cabo or wherever because Brooke is all about the wedding and not the marriage. Grow up folks --if this second wedding is causing such consternation wait until 1 year or 5 years. Monty is in Las Vegas partying this past weekend and waiting for the fight this weekend. Kingsley did not take the big dog nap and Ki is maybe in rehab and her kids are moving on with their lives. The big clue is Kim kept saying-people who know me-not her kids so who would that be?

Kim can lie but that doesn't mean that she is a good liar. I think the people that know her best are her kids and she is so practiced at lying that she didn't realize that that statement wouldn't fly because her kids were there.

I have to watch the show again and this time watch Dr. Phil's facial expressions and body language. The kids also. The kids appear so ready for this to be over. It's a shame that they weren't offered some type of program or support group to help them deal with Kim's issues. Maybe they were and it wasn't shown as from what I've seen Dr. Phil cuts through the bullshit and helps those actually seeking help.

• Love 5

Me, either.

I do admit it was quite masterful, the way she started out blaming her Twitter and having to do her Bravo duty and write a blog and watch the reunion for her drinking...

Then, as deftly as possible once she realizes she just threw Bravo - her boss - under the bus, she does a 180 spin and instead states it's her relationship with Kyle and Alexia that caused all of her stress.

Goddamn..."hot mess" doesn't even begin to describe this bitch.  

Kim was just throwing shit against the wall, hoping that something would stick.  When she painted herself into a corner, she bolted.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Can we focus on the good news here? Kim went on Twitter in preparation for writing her blog! There's gonna be a blog, you guys!

Hilarious!

• Love 10

Did anybody else think that many of the pictures that they chose to show of Kim were shots where she looks like maybe she's having a little too much fun or were unflattering in general? There were at least six shots of her with her arms wildly in the air and/or her mouth open, etc. There were at least two shots of her pointing her finger too. Plus they'd open each segment and show that shot of her crying face. Oh, and of all the photos that are available of her one of the ones they choose to include is of her dressed up for Halloween as a cop, lol. This last one cracks me up no end. 

As far as Kim probably being happy to try any drug under the sun--

This reminds me of how enthusiastic Kim was in the limo back in season two when she found the baggie of drugs. *happy little girl voice* "Oooh, what's this?!" 

She has no interest in being drug free. It doesn't appeal to her at all. 

I've often seen it claimed that Kim is basically a kind hearted, sweet, and even humble woman and I think she's shown again and again that this isn't who she is. As far as I'm concerned she's an entitled has been, excuse-filled, narcissistic, talent free, drug addicted diva who causes chaos wherever she goes.

She needs to listen to her kids and accept the fact that she needs a lot of professional help and she needs it now.  

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 18

Me, either.

I do admit it was quite masterful, the way she started out blaming her Twitter and having to do her Bravo duty and write a blog and watch the reunion for her drinking...

Then, as deftly as possible once she realizes she just threw Bravo - her boss - under the bus, she does a 180 spin and instead states it's her relationship with Kyle and Alexia that caused all of her stress.

Goddamn..."hot mess" doesn't even begin to describe this bitch.

I wonder at what point she's going to realize that blaming the viewers, the other cast members, Bravo, having to write a blog, the show itself , etc. may just backfire because she's biting - no, she's chomping off the hand that feeds her.  Kim needs Bravo more than Bravo needs Kim - they can replace her in a heartbeat with someone who doesn't have to continually ask people "Do you know who I am?". I'm sure Rinna and Davidison know some ladies that would be interested.

Kim, on the other hand, may have talked herself out of a job that she likely desperately needs because I haven't heard of anyone knocking on her door to hire her.  Easy to be selective when there's nothing to choose from.

And if someone was interested in hiring her - I'm sure they're rethinking it right about now.

Lisa Rinna has admitted she'll take any role for a paycheck. In doing so, she's built herself a nice career doing TV movies.  I'm guessing she is easy to work with from a production standpoint too, because people seem to keep hiring her. 

Kim could have used RHOBH to jumpstart her sagging career.  Instead she chose to drink her way through each season. Now she may end up with nothing.  More and more I think that from a legal standpoint, she's a huge liability if Bravo keeps her.

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 12

I'm not going to make excuses, but I think the fact that I can't stand Dr. Phil OR his show has something to do with my feelings.  LOTS of people online can't stand Dr. Phil.  I'm not the only one!  As for Kim, I've said 100 times on here that I don't like what she says, what she does, on  and on.  I do not like her!!!  To me, she is a mental case, and mental cases are often not liked.  I have literally cried for her children.  She HAS to be stopped!  But I felt that Dr. Phil went too far.  I know for certain that if I had been Kim, I'd have left in tears.  I really can't stand that man's method of interviewing!  I just can't!!!  Am I not supposed to feel that way when Kim comes on?  

Kim picked him.  She could have had any other talk show host that she wanted.  I'm sure Access Hollywood or Entertainment Tonight or Diane Sawyer or even Andy would have loved to have Miss Kim come in.  But she chose Dr Phil.  Dr Phil behaved no differently than he had in every other interview he has ever done.  He's been on TV for over a decade and is certainly a known commodity. 

I think your issue may be with yet another of Kim's poor choices.  She's such a delusional ass.

• Love 16

Dr Phil behaved no differently than he had in every other interview he has ever done.  He's been on TV for over a decade and is certainly a known commodity.

And Kim said initially that she watched his show, and respected him, so she had to have an idea about how he would conduct the interview.

I'm not sure, however, how many other offers she had though - probably yes, the entertainment shows would have done an interview segment but I think Diane Sawyer would have to Google her. 

Andy would have been the obvious choice, and in retrospect, would have been more to her liking as he wouldn't have been  as tough as Dr. Phil was and would not have pushed her as hard.  But I think Andy and Bravo are distancing themselves.

(Adding that I had never watched Dr. Phil before  - I was impressed by how he handled her.)

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 12

Why is it Brooke? Doesn't he have other children with other women? Besides, Monty is off in Vegas. Doesn't sound like he is on his deathbed as Kim and Brandi have led some to believe. Monty is enjoying his last months on this planet. He is not at the point yet where he needs a caregiver.

Brooke has a home and a family and doesn't work.  The other daughters live in OC and one is a college student don't know about the other.  From his photos it seems he spends a fair amount of time with them (a good thing).  My point is if the burden is so great on Kim why doesn't Brooke help?  It is always about Kim caring for Monty, the wedding being moved up, a second wedding if Kim is really over extended it would seem Brooke could help with her father.  I agree about Monty really not being home bound and requiring around the clock care.  To me it has always sounded as if he does as much or more for Kim than she does for him. 

• Love 7

Giselle (and others who disagree), I understand your feelings because I've watched Kim on the show for all these years, and I don't like her.  Of course, it's hard to like any alcoholic sometimes because you never know what they'll say or do.  Thank you for your last sentence because I respect your right to say how you feel, and I don't think any less of you for feeling that way.  I don't feel that you have to write the same things that I believe in order to express your opinion.  That's not the way this board is supposed to work.

I knew that if I posted my true feelings, I'd be in trouble with almost everyone else.  I thought about that for 20 minutes before I typed my post.  I also thought about my late father's favorite saying to his kids:  "Above all, to thine own self be true."  I knew that if I wrote a post that was negative toward Kim, I'd be OK here, but I also knew that I would be untrue to myself.  I also knew that if this one time I dared to dislike the interviewer more than the interviewee, I'd be pilloried by everyone who felt differently.  I don't understand it.  I'm no one special, and my opinion carries no weight whatsoever.  I've never insisted that anyone on here was way, way wrong in their thinking, and I've tried hard to be respectful of everyone else's opinion.  Yet, if I make one statement that goes against the norm, I'll be criticized by others who are outraged.  That doesn't make too much sense to me.  I wasn't talking about Stalin or Hitler or Obama or world peace; I was talking about an alcoholic former starlet in Hollywood, who isn't too important in the whole scheme of things.

I'm not going to make excuses, but I think the fact that I can't stand Dr. Phil OR his show has something to do with my feelings.  LOTS of people online can't stand Dr. Phil.  I'm not the only one!  As for Kim, I've said 100 times on here that I don't like what she says, what she does, on  and on.  I do not like her!!!  To me, she is a mental case, and mental cases are often not liked.  I have literally cried for her children.  She HAS to be stopped!  But I felt that Dr. Phil went too far.  I know for certain that if I had been Kim, I'd have left in tears.  I really can't stand that man's method of interviewing!  I just can't!!!  Am I not supposed to feel that way when Kim comes on?  

I'm sorry if my unimportant opinion offended anyone.  I didn't set out to do that.  I just tried to be truthful and hoped that nobody would care much.  I love this board, and I respect everyone's right to their opinion without my blasting them sky high.  It would be nice if everyone could respect the opinions of others without giving the impression that they're about to form a lynch mob against the person who marches to a different drummer.

Hey Lura,

Your opinion isn't unimportant; it's just as valid as anyone else's opinion and I wasn't offended at all by your post. I applaud anyone that has the courage to swim upstream against the current. My thoughts and opinions regarding Kim appearing on Dr Phil yesterday are miles apart from yours admittedly, but I respect your position. I know you don't like Kim and you see through her excuses. I remember the old days over at TWOP when I used to have a soft spot for her and I'd read your posts and you seemed to dislike the HW's I liked and I disliked the ones you liked (with the exception of LVP), but I always looked forward to reading your posts and I didn't mind that a lot of the time we had opposing opinions, because I found your point of view intriguing and it was fun to post with you. You keep doing you and I have your back -- that's Houseswives speak for I support you. :)

• Love 16

Excellent read!  The Most Ridiculous Things Kim Richards Said During Her Dr. Phil Interview:

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/the-most-ridiculous-things-kim-richards-said-during-her-dr--phil-interview-223321808.html

Something else I'm curious about

"I have not had vodka in probably 10 years and I thought, 'Oh, what have I done?'" she recalled. "So I got in the car to leave and I started to drive home. It was about when I hit the hotel that I started to feel it, so I pulled in because I'm comfortable there. I've been going there since I was a little girl."

I wonder if the hotel is even on the way to her house from her daughter's, or did she have to go out of her way to get there?

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 6

And Kim said initially that she watched his show, and respected him, so she had to have an idea about how he would conduct the interview.

I'm not sure, however, how many other offers she had though - probably yes, the entertainment shows would have done an interview segment but I think Diane Sawyer would have to Google her.

Andy would have been the obvious choice, and in retrospect, would have been more to her liking as he wouldn't have been as tough as Dr. Phil was and would not have pushed her as hard. But I think Andy and Bravo are distancing themselves.

(Adding that I had never watched Dr. Phil before - I was impressed by how he handled her.)

I wonder why Kim didn't go the E! or Entertainment Tonight route? They definitely would have been soft on her.

I haven't watched Dr Phil in years, but yeah, seemed to be what I remembered. If Kim really watched him all the time, what was she expecting?

• Love 8

I wonder why Kim didn't go the E! or Entertainment Tonight route? They definitely would have been soft on her.

I haven't watched Dr Phil in years, but yeah, seemed to be what I remembered. If Kim really watched him all the time, what was she expecting?

Maybe it is just me, but I thought it was just another instance of watching the lying liar who lies. I don't think she has ever watched Dr. Phil and that she was just saying that to suck up to him.

• Love 13

First off, I dislike Kim even more for making me tape that moron Dr. Phil.  I loathe that asshole.

But I had to hear what she had to say.  Same ole', same ole.  She had ONE drink?  Was it in a trough? 

• Love 11
One other point about Kathy, "the good sister". I think it's fairly ironic if the reports are true that Kathy engineered this interview. Because, Kimmie let me tell you this. You can be mad forever that Kyle outed you as an alcoholic on National TV. But Kathy, with the assistance of Dr. Phil just outed you, to a much bigger audience, as an alcoholic, drug addicted, delusional lying liar who lies.

Well done Kathy. Well done.

I agree with you, but there is one big difference. Kyle SAID the words. Kathy (with the help of DP) stealthily got Kim to basically out herself.

• Love 6

It has always been reported as a payphone. Cell phone batteries didn't have the life that they do now and it wasn't that convenient to charge them. There could be a number of reasons why he didn't use one.

Maybe it was different sources...I had the impression it was a phone booth then at other times I thought it was a cellular phone...we referred to cell phones as mobile/car/bag phones. I knew people with car/bag phones in the 1980s. They would be charged in the car to the device.

I am sure that the phone call during his murder, right after splitting from Gregg Davis and his family craziness created the Kim we see today. Not long after that, she was living back with big Kathy who was a piece of work her whole life...

• Love 1

I agree with you, but there is one big difference. Kyle SAID the words. Kathy (with the help of DP) stealthily got Kim to basically out herself.

You are exactly right. Which is why I said "Well done Kathy". Kyle could take some stealth lessons from her big sister.  

• Love 7

I already stated that Dr. Phil did not treat Kim the same as he does the other addicts on his show. He offered her a very cushy resort/rehab.    Personally, I would of sent her to Iowa or some place similar which I am sure she finds horrendous.   Give her a cot and a mop.

Normally he takes a much harder approach.  He would of told all of her adult children that they are enabling her, he would of said that her sisters have enabled her, pointing out that Kathy is supposedly coaching her during the interview.

He would of insisted on a 90 day or longer program out of state with no time off for weddings or Monty.

Since he knew she was lying, he might of asked her to submit to a drug test or polygraph.

I could go on and on.

And, I think Kim's drug of choice along with her drinking is probably crack or meth.   She can't afford much else.    Brandi was probably right all those seasons ago.

• Love 9

I'm no one special, and my opinion carries no weight whatsoever.

I think we all (most of us? Some of us?) feel this way about ourselves here and our contributions!

Sorry if my reply is boards on boards, but I think it's worth remembering we are all just voicing our opinions and feelings here and they are all as valid as each other. I'm saying this with two thoughts in mind: Some of us might be too harsh and some of us might be too sensitive. Perception, context and our own experiences color our responses. That's one of the reasons I love this forum... I get to read all sorts of interpretations of the same episode I just watched!

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 11

She would have told Guiliana Rancic to go eat an entire loaf of bread.

• Love 23

Giselle (and others who disagree), I understand your feelings because I've watched Kim on the show for all these years, and I don't like her.  Of course, it's hard to like any alcoholic sometimes because you never know what they'll say or do.  Thank you for your last sentence because I respect your right to say how you feel, and I don't think any less of you for feeling that way.  I don't feel that you have to write the same things that I believe in order to express your opinion.  That's not the way this board is supposed to work.

I knew that if I posted my true feelings, I'd be in trouble with almost everyone else.  I thought about that for 20 minutes before I typed my post.  I also thought about my late father's favorite saying to his kids:  "Above all, to thine own self be true."  I knew that if I wrote a post that was negative toward Kim, I'd be OK here, but I also knew that I would be untrue to myself.  I also knew that if this one time I dared to dislike the interviewer more than the interviewee, I'd be pilloried by everyone who felt differently.  I don't understand it.  I'm no one special, and my opinion carries no weight whatsoever.  I've never insisted that anyone on here was way, way wrong in their thinking, and I've tried hard to be respectful of everyone else's opinion.  Yet, if I make one statement that goes against the norm, I'll be criticized by others who are outraged.  That doesn't make too much sense to me.  I wasn't talking about Stalin or Hitler or Obama or world peace; I was talking about an alcoholic former starlet in Hollywood, who isn't too important in the whole scheme of things.

I'm sorry if my unimportant opinion offended anyone.  I didn't set out to do that.  I just tried to be truthful and hoped that nobody would care much.  I love this board, and I respect everyone's right to their opinion without my blasting them sky high.  It would be nice if everyone could respect the opinions of others without giving the impression that they're about to form a lynch mob against the person who marches to a different drummer.

Never be afraid to state your own opinion. I have posted comments before about everyone having a right to their opinion.

I think the reaction is not to you, but to Kim's choices/actions, such as making an agreement to go on Dr. Phil. I'm not sure whose camp initiated the interview with him, but either way, of her free will, she agreed to the sit down. From that perspective, the issue of whether Dr. Phil was the right choice is on Kim, not Phil. Also, she said at the beginning that she watched his show and gave the show her approval.

I can say I watched his show way back in the first season, because I liked him when he first appeared on Oprah. After a few episodes, I stopped watching because it was the same old thing, and I don't like listening to family fights, or any other drama from unknown people. I find it exhausting, obnoxious and annoying. Over the years, I have read reports that Dr. Phil doesn't have the proper credentials, and it sounded like he was going for the sensational, like they all do eventually. I do believe, however, his original no nonsense approach I saw years ago, works well with deflectors like Kim. He did set a trap, using her own words and children to get her to make some admissions and to lay the groundwork for admission to some type of facility. So, in my book, he was the right man for the job in this case. Showing what was said by Kim and her family after she walked off told the world who the real Kim Rivhards is, not Andy/Bravos version.

I do hate the fact that I was actually tuning in to Dr. Phil because of my curiosity from watching the real housewives! I told my husband, as I went in to a different room to watch Dr. Phil that the real housewives has driven me to do something I wouldn't normally do...watch Dr. Phil! Damn you Kim! One more reason to be annoyed by you!

• Love 13

This exactly. If she had watched him even once, she should have known what she was getting herself into. Kathy certainly had to have known. I am sure that all of the "entertainment" type journalists were trying to score that interview. They would have just let her spin her lies and asked few questions. It wouldn't have been much different from an Andy Cohen interview. IMO it just shows how incredibly entitled she is. She probably thought in her messed up head that she would be treated differently from the others. She is Kim Richards after all. She with no one that she has ever been able to trust. For the record, when she delivered that line "who have I ever been able to trust", with her 3 kids sitting in the same room, just said it all to me. What a slap in the face to everyone who has ever cared and loved her.

I think that DP also knew lots of behind the scenes stuff. Her diva demands for coming on the show. Probably a make-up and hair person, rooms for her and the kids, etc. He knew why she was late walking on the set because he was paying the people who were helping to get her ready. They were no doubt reporting that she was changing her top for the 10th time.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 18

Kim is not ready for sobriety, she is appeasing everyone by going.  If she took her 3 years of sobriety seriously she would have removed herself from people, places and things that trigger the addiction.  Bravo should have been the first thing to go with all the turmoil that goes on it has been a place of lies for Kim, not to mention running to the Polo Lounge at midnight cecause it is her safe place 'cause you know, it's a bar!  And lastly, Brandi just because she is a loose cannon.

Let's see if she does her after care.

• Love 7

I want to know how long she kept Dr. Phil waiting and I want to see what ended up on the goddamn editing room floor!

The point in the interview that stuck me the most was Phil showing the Amsterdam fight.  This is a clip that both Brandi and Kim felt showed how horribly people are treating her and saw it as a triumph with Kim showing that nasty LisaR what was what.  Dr. Phil showed it and told Kim this was classic defensive behavior.  That she was overly aggressive and deflecting.  So Phil sw that clip and though - she is not sober.

Also the reason Kim is freaking out at rehab right now is that they took all her pills and are only giving her the prescribed dose.  Kim is at the nurses station explaining that she needs more than the prescribed amount because  she is an addict and they don't affect her the same way.  Kim is on the phone to her 5 doctors during phone time begging them to up the dosage.  She spends most of her time now vomiting and perhaps seizures.  So I'm sure she wants to leave.  This is the reason so many facilities do not allow outside calls for the first weeks.

• Love 9

She would have told Guiliana Rancic to go eat an entire loaf of bread.

This is great!!!  And, for once, I would have to say that Kim is right....that poor girl needs to go live in a bakery for about a month, with nothing else to eat but bread, cake and pastries!!   ;-)

• Love 4

I want to know how long she kept Dr. Phil waiting and I want to see what ended up on the goddamn editing room floor!

I also want to know how long Kim kept Dr. Phil waiting after she stormed out of the interview.  The captioning said "20 minutes", but I think it was longer.  When she came out of the other hotel suite to thank him, she was very calm and subdued, as opposed to how agitated and angry she was when she walked out (time to pop a Xanax, maybe??).  Plus, she was wearing an entirely different outfit, and looked very well put together (makeup looked fresh, hair was re-styled, etc.).

• Love 7

I 100% agree that the women were ready to be support of Kim if Kim had been willing to be honest on any reasonable level. 

They had already shown in Eileen's kitchen at the Table Read that they wanted to support her in any way possible when they thought she was talking about struggling with her sobriety. They weren't judgmental and in fact they tried to identify with her about it and admitted how easy it is to isolate and shut down when you go to that dark place. They were not only empathetic, but supportive. Lisa Vanderpump told her to reach out to her and come by the restaurant any time to get out of the house and talk. Then Kim shut it all down and said she wasn't talking about her sobriety, blah, blah, blah -- you stupid housewives, she was talking about caring for and worrying about Monty. How dare they question her sobriety!! Ugh, this woman is piece of work. She took a perfectly wonderful moment and spat all over them.

Thank you so much for this. 

The concern of the other women has been mocked over and over again as not being genuine and I just don't get that. I've seen posts from multiple viewers who don't even like Kim but still feel sympathetic to what she's going through on some level so I have to think that seeing it up close and personal would make even some of the most been there, done that, seen it type people pause for a minute and think 'Oh wow, this woman looks like she really needs help.' On camera off camera makes no difference. Kim has chosen an on camera life and even when she's being given sympathy and understanding she blows it off and tries to make the women look like horrible bitches for daring to give a fuck about their co-worker. (As an aside, I loved that we got it from Kim's mouth that she sees RHBH as "work" because there's long been the feeling among some that Kim doesn't view RHBH as a job so I was glad to get some clarification there that she does indeed see this as a job.)

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 10