Type keyword(s) to search

[SUNSETTED] Cast In Other Roles: That's Fake Me. This Must Be Fake Mine.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Watching S3E3 of Star Trek Discovery and was pleasantly surprised to see Chris Heyerdahl (Alistair).

Yeah, and it was one of the most on-the-nose commentaries about the US and other countries turning away refugees.

Every time Heyerdahl shows up anywhere, my husband and I always say "It's the Swede!", his character from the show "Hell on Wheels".

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Jensen's cameo on The Buddy Games. 

He plays a character named Jack (why  😞 ) but he' going to kill it on The Boys. 

This isn't Dean, that's for sure.  Although 2 major Supernatural shoutouts.

I really needed this today! Thanks! 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Oh...my god. I just watched that like 10 times. The language! Makes me wish SPN had been on HBO. The boys should have been able to cuss up a storm. Thanks for sharing this! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

This makes me care about Badd's shit finale 1,000,000 times less. Jensen's gonna be just fine!

7 minutes ago, bethy said:

Is that all there is to that role? Is that a clip of a longer show?

It's a cameo in Justin's movie. I am pretty sure that's it.

24 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

Oh yeah, I'll be watching that on repeat 😁

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Thank you for posting this! I did not expect to find this little clip so comforting, but seeing Dean Winchester's (aka Jensen's) face in a context beyond the show made me feel a lot better somehow. We'll still get to see Jensen taking other roles and probably making us fall in love and breaking our hearts all over again. After all, 99% of what made Dean so iconic and incredible was thanks to Jensen, and he's still happily kicking around out there!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

I counted 8 SPN references. Dying of laughter. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, PAForrest said:

I would trade all of seasons 12-15 for one scene of Dean calling Sam a fuckhead.  LOL! 

'Course I'd also trade them for half that avocado sandwich, so there's that.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
On 11/20/2020 at 9:34 AM, BabySpinach said:

Thank you for posting this! I did not expect to find this little clip so comforting, but seeing Dean Winchester's (aka Jensen's) face in a context beyond the show made me feel a lot better somehow. We'll still get to see Jensen taking other roles and probably making us fall in love and breaking our hearts all over again. After all, 99% of what made Dean so iconic and incredible was thanks to Jensen, and he's still happily kicking around out there!

Yes this was me. Brought me back to the feeling of happiness that Jensen is free to do other things now. Just so good to see him shine even in a this 1-minute and odd seconds clip!

On 11/20/2020 at 10:33 AM, Binns said:

I counted 8 SPN references. Dying of laughter. 

Let's compare notes! lol
1. They're Brothers
2. Dad in the Marines
3. Family Business
4. Bella? - (the sister's name?)
5. Murdered...
6. ...A CW Pilot
7. An Aversion to green/healthy food?
What'd I miss?😄

On 11/20/2020 at 9:30 AM, Binns said:

Oh...my god. I just watched that like 10 times. The language! Makes me wish SPN had been on HBO. The boys should have been able to cuss up a storm. Thanks for sharing this! 

An HBO SUPERNATURAL would have been too powerful for my poor heart!. Definitely more cussing and way less clothing, to put it mildly!

Edited by shoetingstar
9 hours ago, shoetingstar said:

Yes this was me. Brought me back to the feeling of happiness that Jensen is free to do other things now. Just so good to see him shine even in a this 1-minute and odd seconds clip!

Let's compare notes! lol
1. They're Brothers
2. Dad in the Marines
3. Family Business
4. Bella? - (the sister's name?)
5. Murdered...
6. ...A CW Pilot
What'd I miss?😄

An HBO SUPERNATURAL would have been too powerful for my poor heart!. Definitely more cussing and way less clothing, to put it mildly!

This is what I got:

1. Little brother 

2. Murdered

3. CW

4. Marines

5. Dad would have been proud 

6. Jack

7. Family business 

8. Bela 

9. I got work to do

9, not 8! Lol. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, shoetingstar said:

Let's compare notes! lol

1. They're Brothers
2. Dad in the Marines
3. Family Business
4. Bella? - (the sister's name?) ...
5. Murdered...
6. ...A CW Pilot
What'd I miss?😄

One correction, the sister has no name. He says, "Your sister's here - BELLY big as shit" ... because the sister is clearly heavily pregnant, yet still on the job.

I could have handled an HBO Supernatural just fine. Cursing, skin - what's not to love?!? LOL! Even better, higher chances of having good writers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, Binns said:

This is what I got:

1. Little brother 

2. Murdered

3. CW

4. Marines

6. Jack

7. Family business 

8. Bela 

9. I got work to do

9, not 8! Lol. 

ETA apparently I misheard and it was belly, not Bela. So 8! 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Binns said:

This is what I got:

1. Little brother 

2. Murdered

3. CW

4. Marines

6. Jack

7. Family business 

8. Bela 

9. I got work to do

9, not 8! Lol. 

Nougat even shows up in 2017 cameo! He is really all-powerful.

I heard Bela as well! Thanks for the correction @PAForrest!

Last night I watched the first episode of HBOMax's The Flight Attendant, with Kaley Cuoco from Big Bang, and I was reminded when I saw the credits that this was the series Steve Yockey left SPN to go and showrun/produce. He writes the pilot episode. I haven't watched the other two episodes yet that have so far been uploaded, so I don't know if he writes them all.

A different look for Penny, for sure - well, yes and no. There's a lot of drinking - I mean A LOT. Possibly even more than Penny would partake in.

Anyway, if you were a fan of Yockey's writing, you may want to check it out.

• Useful 3

I'm really looking forward to seeing Jared in Walker this Thursday.  It's great that he's found another starring role heading his own series so soon after Supernatural.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Mulva said:

I've really been enjoying seeing Jared on Walker.  I love Mitch Pileggi as his father too.  It was renewed for a second season, so we should get plenty more Jared goodness.

He's pretty lucky they renewed it off his name, since it's bled off viewers and demo points every week since the premiere. Thank goodness the CW doesn't care about ratings! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

He's pretty lucky they renewed it off his name, since it's bled off viewers and demo points every week since the premiere. Thank goodness the CW doesn't care about ratings! 

Well with all the hype that the WB and the CW gave to Superman and Lois (which was pretty boring) they could only muster a .3 for it's premiere and the viewers were only slightly better than Walkers 5th episode.  S&L will get renewed as well. It is true ratings don't mean much to the network.

7 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Well with all the hype that the WB and the CW gave to Superman and Lois (which was pretty boring) they could only muster a .3 for it's premiere and the viewers were only slightly better than Walkers 5th episode.  S&L will get renewed as well. It is true ratings don't mean much to the network.

Supes got pretty positive responses from what I've seen. Especially from people who have despaired of the Arrowverse.

Walker didn't get nearly as positive reviews but obviously functions more like a CBS show. Soap-esque procedural. Better viewer numbers but very old skewing comparitively. And they have a hard time fitting it with what they currently have.

Since ratings only matter in passing for the CW and demo as well as sm responses are more important to the network, their best show currently is All American. Became a sleeper hit on Netflix.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Aeryn13 said:

Supes got pretty positive responses from what I've seen. Especially from people who have despaired of the Arrowverse.

Walker didn't get nearly as positive reviews but obviously functions more like a CBS show. Soap-esque procedural. Better viewer numbers but very old skewing comparitively. And they have a hard time fitting it with what they currently have.

Since ratings only matter in passing for the CW and demo as well as sm responses are more important to the network, their best show currently is All American. Became a sleeper hit on Netflix.

I didn't care for it myself. There were too many wth moments. Walker isn't floating my boat either. The demo/viewers/ratings only matters in advertising dollars. Less advertising means less budget although with both shows the WB (S&L) and CBS (Walker) provides the funding. But quality never seemed to matter to the CW anyway....'cough' the last four seasons of SPN.

• Love 1

TV Line just posted the Supes & Lois show got a .4 demo, FWIW. I agree it doesn't really matter anyway since the CW doesn't make it's renewal/cancellation decisions based on ratings. If they did, the network wouldn't exist at all - nothing would air. Which IMO begs the real question what criteria they do use for those rare cancellations they make, other than lead actors not wanting to do their respective shows anymore. Rumor has it there are some serious problems at the CW - like how their claims of being pro-diversity are mostly smoke and mirrors.

Are any of the SPN EP/producers working on Superman & Lois? My husband wanted to check it out, and we don't even get the CW anymore - so we watched it last night off their website. We honestly thought it was pretty good - very high quality for a CW show, especially in comparison to the last years of SPN which weren't. Sad.

Are the WB shows that air on the CW still going to Netflix for second run, or are they pulling most everything to air on HBO Max now?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PAForrest said:

TV Line just posted the Supes & Lois show got a .4 demo, FWIW. I agree it doesn't really matter anyway since the CW doesn't make it's renewal/cancellation decisions based on ratings. If they did, the network wouldn't exist at all - nothing would air. Which IMO begs the real question what criteria they do use for those rare cancellations they make, other than lead actors not wanting to do their respective shows anymore. Rumor has it there are some serious problems at the CW - like how their claims of being pro-diversity are mostly smoke and mirrors.

Are any of the SPN EP/producers working on Superman & Lois? My husband wanted to check it out, and we don't even get the CW anymore - so we watched it last night off their website. We honestly thought it was pretty good - very high quality for a CW show, especially in comparison to the last years of SPN which weren't. Sad.

Are the WB shows that air on the CW still going to Netflix for second run, or are they pulling most everything to air on HBO Max now?

That's interesting because Showbizz had them at a .3 *edit* it adjusted up .1 in the finals to .4.  Rob Hayter I think is working on S&L. Someone else is too can't remember who...*Ryan Curtis is the other one.

CBS and WB have their own streaming service so probably it won't be on Netflix.

All that diversity crap is coming from the Destiel crowd. They are trying to torpedo (mostly Walker) CW shows because Dean and Castiel didn't hook up sexually.

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I actually kind of like it and I wasn't planning on watching because I thought I would hate it.

To bring this back on topic, Beth Broderick who played Alice Miller in the Nightmare episode was in last week's epi.

1 hour ago, PAForrest said:

As far as I know there are no SPN people working on the show. I think the main showrunners previously did Starz'  Spartacus? 

Fresh blood can only help the network. They are too "incestouus". And for sure their diversity claims are pretty much just smokescreens. But that is true for just about every entertainment venue. And even when it is meant to be genuine, it is done in a super-clumsy way.

Only shows with previous Netflix deals still has new Seasons going there. New ones, no.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Only shows with previous Netflix deals still has new Seasons going there. New ones, no.

I think in the long run this will hurt them?  I won't be paying for many different little subscriptions to watch shows.  I'm getting ready to cancel my CBS access,  I only did it for easy access for my old TV in the living room.  But I won't keep it going.  So it will be a short term to watch some shows then cancel.  Prime and Netflix will be all that I keep for now.  I didn't do Disney plus.  I have to watch my budget.  I canceled cable for cost reasons, and I'm not going to go back to that expense for several mini subscriptions.  I do wish they would think of the consumer and not their pocketbook.  In the long run it will harm actors paychecks too.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, falltime said:

Several black actresses on the CW have spoken out about issues they have had. Ex writer for Superman & Lois, Nadria Tucker has talked about it.

https://www.slashfilm.com/superman-lois-writer-cw-issues/

Yeah, I wasn't referring to the Destiel crowd, I meant rumors of legit racism and sexism problems. Apparently when they canceled Black Lightning, no one in the cast knew it until they read it on twitter.

• Love 3
On 2/26/2021 at 3:27 PM, falltime said:

Several black actresses on the CW have spoken out about issues they have had. Ex writer for Superman & Lois, Nadria Tucker has talked about it.

https://www.slashfilm.com/superman-lois-writer-cw-issues/

As far as SPN goes it's the Destiel crowd.  The are now going after the Boys. I'm sure that every network has issues with inclusivity. However trying to torpedo other shows in order to get them canceled isn't the answer.

2 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

As far as SPN goes it's the Destiel crowd.  The are now going after the Boys. I'm sure that every network has issues with inclusivity. However trying to torpedo other shows in order to get them canceled isn't the answer.

When it comes to the CW, good job trying to get anything cancelled anyway. They renew just about anything.

And the Boys being a streaming shows works on a different level altogether. 

I also thought SPN ended as an absolute disgrace. But that has zero bearing on any other show.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

What is the answer? Diversity is a real issue with every network and rightly so. There doesn't seem to be a way to change the thought process of those in power to make them realize that people of all races and genders keep them in business, not just the one that they want to focus on.

• Love 1

Hi everyone! Since the show is over, some off topic discussion will happen from time to time, but it's been a little excessive lately. Please steer your discussion back to the Supernatural cast in other roles.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

What is the answer? Diversity is a real issue with every network and rightly so. There doesn't seem to be a way to change the thought process of those in power to make them realize that people of all races and genders keep them in business, not just the one that they want to focus on.

I can't see how attacking other shows for hiring Supernatural alum creates diversity on the CW network....or any network.

• Love 3

NBC premiered a new sci-fi show called "Debris" tonight.   It looks interesting, so I checked out some press releases on it and saw that they signed on Sebastian Roche (Balthazar) as a cast member, for future episodes.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Does anyone watch 911: Lonestar. It was pointed out to me recently that Judd is the siren from 4.14 Sex & Violence. Mind = blown.

I do. And I had no idea about the connection until you mentioned it. But yes, I see it now. A little more weight on Judd. 😉

• Love 1