Type keyword(s) to search

[SUNSETTED] Cast In Other Roles: That's Fake Me. This Must Be Fake Mine.

• Start Topic

On 5/5/2022 at 6:25 PM, Katy M said:

James Patrick Stewart is nominated for best supporting actor for General Hospital.

I know not everyone will agree, but I loved his portrayal of Leviathan Dick in the show. I suspect he enjoyed it as well since he put so many facets into it. 

• Love 7
On 5/7/2022 at 5:27 PM, FlickChick said:

I know not everyone will agree, but I loved his portrayal of Leviathan Dick in the show. I suspect he enjoyed it as well since he put so many facets into it. 

I agree.  He was such a slimy, charismatic psychopath.  JPS really leaned into the role.  He reminded me of Littlefinger from GoT.

It’s just too bad that the PTB didn’t develop any other Leviathan characters, except Edgar, the doctor, and the credit card guy (who Bobby tortured at the cabin)to the same level they did w/Dick.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Jensen is going to be on Big Sky next week.

I just heard about this.

SO! over the moon happy and excited to see The Man in acktion again and doing what he does best.

It's been too long. 

A little treat before The Boys.

Can't wait!!!

35 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It's a good day to be a Jensen fan!

It sure is! 🥰

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

I just heard about this.

SO! over the moon happy and excited to see The Man in acktion again and doing what he does best.

It's been too long. 

A little treat before The Boys.

Can't wait!!!

It sure is! 🥰

I didn't see this posted apologies if it has been. I've never watched Big Sky but it's on my schedule now.

• Love 3

My husband and I love Lagertha and Montana, so we gave this one a whirl in S1. It was... mediocre, haha. Still, it was fun enough that we watched the whole thing, but have been too busy to catch this season. Gonna have to tune in for the finale - JA is looking good! 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Jensen promoted to series regular for S3 Big Sky (renewal just announced). Congrats, Jensen!!

Well I'm going to guess Big Sky isn't going to be cancelled now! The role I've always wanted for Jensen....Hooray!!!

• Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Well I'm going to guess Big Sky isn't going to be cancelled now! The role I've always wanted for Jensen....Hooray!!!

It was renewed today along with the announcement of Jensen joining the cast.

ETA: this makes me so happy. It's not a highly rated show, but it's on a major network, and more importantly it's a David E. Kelly creation which is an amazing contact for him.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 9
48 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

ETA: this makes me so happy. It's not a highly rated show, but it's on a major network, and more importantly it's a David E. Kelly creation which is an amazing contact for him.

I've watched "Big Sky" since the beginning. It dragged towards the end of last season, but now they have moved on to a more interesting story. The acting isn't top shelf, but I suspect it will improve next season. 😉

• Love 3

Reported to have inked a one-season deal. So it sounds like a one-season arc. I'm glad he's doing stuff like this, it's exactly what I thought he should be doing even before SPN ended. Get more exposure on bigger networks and streaming platforms, commit to nothing long-term, keep options open. What with producing The Winchesters and working with Berlanti on an unnamed DC project, the boy is keeping busy.

I know Jensen keeps up with The Boys cast, and they all behave as if he's one of them. Soldier Boy could be a one-season arc, or could come back for an episode or two in S4. Someone told me that Big Sky shoots in Vancouver, but I also heard New Mexico. Which is it? If it's Vancouver, well there's still a chance that he can fly between Vancouver and Toronto to so some filming for The Boys S4. Or his character gets killed off spectacularly at the end of S3. LOL!

• Love 7

The only drawback (IMO) to doing one season characters on various shows is that he isn't given a chance to develop that character very well. I personally, would rather that he gets an opportunity to play a great character for a couple/few seasons at least. However, I'll just be happy to see him/hear Dean's voice and take a look at what else he's doing.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ahrtee said:

So is this why they have been so cagey about discussing if Jensen is in The Boys for next season?  Whatever happen(s/ed) to Soldier Boy?

A lot of actors are appearing in more than one project at a time lately, so while  this news makes S4 of the boys less likely,  it doesn't rule it out. But if it's a one and done, he'll probably go out with a bang. Or, he could get put back on ice for future use. 

I'm just thrilled for the exposure for him on streaming with a high profile show, and now on a real network in a Berlanti project. 

1 minute ago, FlickChick said:

The only drawback (IMO) to doing one season characters on various shows is that he isn't given a chance to develop that character very well. I personally, would rather that he gets an opportunity to play a great character for a couple/few seasons at least. However, I'll just be happy to see him/hear Dean's voice and take a look at what else he's doing.

Jensen has a knack for drawing us into a character in just a few episodes.  No doubt he'll do the same with Beau. 

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Jensen has a knack for drawing us into a character in just a few episodes.  No doubt he'll do the same with Beau. 

Jensen can do wonders adding depth to poorly-drawn characters, just with expressions and mannerisms.  I'm not sure what he can do with a badly-written one (not saying that the new character is/will be).  Keeping my fingers crossed that he'll have something good to work with.

• Love 2

A one season arc on a network show can dramatically increase an actor's chances of getting a high profile pilot next season. On ABC the number of actors who did an arc or a season or two on Grey's or Desperate Housewives for example before getting their own show is staggering, even if most of the shows themselves didn't last. It keeps them in casting directors minds and gives them a chance to prove themselves, not just in terms of acting but also in being on brand and not terrible to work with BTS. 

The CW is/was like that as well, you could tell who was going to be cast in a pilot by looking at who had done arcs on XYZ this year. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Completely agree. I haven't watched any of David E. Kelley's more recent shows but in the 90's-early 2000's The Practice, Ally McBeal and Boston Public were definitely must see tv. Big Sky is on Hulu so I'm going to get caught up this weekend so I can be up to speed for season 3. So happy for Jensen!

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

A one season arc on a network show can dramatically increase an actor's chances of getting a high profile pilot next season.

And all the sites reporting this casting are also reiterating that he's still got the unnamed DC project he's working on. Maybe he knew he could only commit to one season of Big Sky because of that. In any case, I don't think we'll see him committing to any super long term series again, especially if they film outside of the US. That's why streaming networks would be ideal for him.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ahrtee said:

So is this why they have been so cagey about discussing if Jensen is in The Boys for next season?  Whatever happen(s/ed) to Soldier Boy?

I always assumed he was a 1 season deal but, I don't think this necessarily confirms it. The Boys only does 8 episodes and apparently this show has an abbreviated episode count too.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

And all the sites reporting this casting are also reiterating that he's still got the unnamed DC project he's working on. Maybe he knew he could only commit to one season of Big Sky because of that. In any case, I don't think we'll see him committing to any super long term series again, especially if they film outside of the US. That's why streaming networks would be ideal for him.

It's very possible that the reason he's only committing to one season right now is that he's already got the other DC project lined up among other things, although a lot of things with DC are up in the air right now due to the merger. This is definitely a show where all parties seem to benefit from his presence on it. 

I was sort of commenting generally that signing a one year deal with a network often lead to bigger and better things because you get to prove yourself. He may not want to commit to another 5-7 year contract again (although even that model is changing) but a series regular contract with a big network is a huge chance for him and will also increase his potential value to streaming networks (which are also necessarily not the slam dunk they were until recently.)

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

I was sort of commenting generally that signing a one year deal with a network often lead to bigger and better things because you get to prove yourself. He may not want to commit to another 5-7 year contract again (although even that model is changing) but a series regular contract with a big network is a huge chance for him and will also increase his potential value to streaming networks (which are also necessarily not the slam dunk they were until recently.)

All good reasons why it's so smart that he's diversified as much as he has. Streaming,  network, voice work, directing and producing. He's proving he can do it all. And the sonofabitch can sing, too. Lol!

• Love 10

So I'm discovering another new Jensen Ackles character in the same way that I discovered Dean Winchester-which was in a season finale(S1 for Dean).

I swear that this character sounds as if he was created with Jensen in mind.

Can't wait.  💝

• Love 1
12 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

All good reasons why it's so smart that he's diversified as much as he has. Streaming,  network, voice work, directing and producing. He's proving he can do it all. And the sonofabitch can sing, too. Lol!

Not to mention a Damn fine specimen of man.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Wow, super happy for JA - the good news keeps coming. If Rust had worked out, that would've been a solid role in a movie, regular on two TV shows, AND successfully getting his pilot picked up to series. Not to mention the other irons he's got in the fire (ie the DC project). I think he's really setting himself up for a nice post-SPN career here.  

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, bethy said:

So, uh, where does one catch up on Big Sky? 

It airs on ABC, so I imagine it will stream on HULU. I don't have that service, but I  have watched the show since the beginning, so no need for me to stream.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, FlickChick said:

It airs on ABC, so I imagine it will stream on HULU. I don't have that service, but I  have watched the show since the beginning, so no need for me to stream.

Thanks! I'll check Hulu.