Type keyword(s) to search

Live With Kelly And Mark - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Why do we suppose Kelly and Mark are best buds with Anderson Cooper, NPH, and Andy Cohen?  I have my thoughts but, I think my reason is off limits.

I gave that whole scenario a couple of thoughts myself.  Just sayin'.

ETA:  Just remembered that Kelly & family vacationed in Italy with Jessica & Jerry Seinfeld & their kids last year (?).

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 1

In the end, it's hilarious how her smirky, in your fake diss of the network turned into her sweet as pie email.

We know she may have sent the email, but we also know some PR person wrote it.

Of course the boards will be going through updates during the most important hour of daytime EVER! ... (ok, important just for tomorrow.)

No kidding!

I heard that Josh Duggar was going to replace Michael...

The email Kelly sent to ABC was in the NYTimes:

Addressing the “Live” staff, she said: “(Sorry for this late Friday night email). I wanted to thank you all for giving me the time to process this new information. Your kindness, support, and love has overwhelmed me. We are a family and I look forward to seeing you all on Tuesday morning. Love, Kelly.”

Not sure if anything can be read into the "giving me" part. Not sure that ABC really had a choice.

• Love 1

ABC brass has apologized late today to Kelly and Michael for the way it was all handled. They said "we had a plan which obviously did not go as planned". A disservice was done to both -- put them both in awful situations. I'm sure Gelman isn't feeling too chipper about being left in the dark too.

• Love 1

ABC brass has apologized late today to Kelly and Michael for the way it was all handled. They said "we had a plan which obviously did not go as planned". A disservice was done to both -- put them both in awful situations. I'm sure Gelman isn't feeling too chipper about being left in the dark too.

. ABC needed to apologize so that they did their part with damage control.

If Kelly thinks she won because some writers and other talk show hosts supported her behavior, she isn't too bright . Anyone with half a brain would know that she is walking on thin ice and they will be just as passive aggressive as she was. Hopefully her little tantrum because she couldn't get her way, and walking around NYC with the book to silently make everyone know how she felt about the mean boss she has is worth what they will do to her with a new contract or other situations

She's valuable to a point, but her star is not rising , and other networks take note of "talent " that makes them look bad to the public.

They may suffer in the short run, but when she can't keep her free spending lifestyle where they send their kids to k-12 schools that cost as much as an expense private college, or own 3 mansions, and jet off to vacations every few weeks , she will realize her diva behavior might not have been worth it!

I am sure Gelman isn't happy , since unlike Kelly he has to do more than sit his butt next to some substitute host for a few months. But, unlike Kelly, he kept his anger private and showed up a and didn't need Disney to apologize for shattering his little world ! Maybe it's because unlike Kelly, Gelman worked his way up from intern, and didn't just fall into jobs when he was barely competent. Or maybe it's because he's not jealous, or he actually is realistic about his role with the network.

Sounds like Kelly did feel Michael was her possession and she should have a say on whether he was able to be promoted. After all she thinks she trained him ! That is the most laughable part since she tanked the show and hiring him saved the ratings!

• Love 4

As others in here have noted, all of this is coldly calculated - by all sides.

And, sure as the swallows return to Capistrano, Kelly was sure to put out a statement evoking feeling/emotion, and faaaaaaaamily.  

Tell me again, who is being dishonest.  Well, I'll give you ABC with that latest claptrap apologizing for the "process."  But, there is another...

It's important to note, here in the last hours before her return, there has not been a single full-throated public statement of support by any of Kelly's "friends" and buddies.  Not even feckless columnists whose job it is to stir it up!  Nobody is standing for her.  Wow.

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Love 1

As others in here have noted, all of this is coldly calculated - by all sides.

And, sure as the swallows return to Capistrano, Kelly was sure to put out a statement evoking feeling/emotion, and faaaaaaaamily.

Tell me again, who is being dishonest. Well, I'll give you ABC with that latest claptrap apologizing for the "process." But, there is another...

It's important to note, here in the last hours before her return, there has not been a single full-throated public statement of support by any of Kelly's "friends" and buddies. Not even feckless columnists whose job it is to stir it up! Nobody is standing for her. Wow.

. Oprah and Katie Couric both supported her, and Andy Cohen. Hmmm I wonder how Oprah would deal with Kelly if she worked for her? Maybe she can give her a talk show and deal with Kelly's ego!

On a funny note, did anyone notice that unlike Kelly, the actress cohosting today had cut out article and not printed up stuff that is enlarged and highlighted ? She actually could read the print and speak withou some producer spoon feeding her?

Remember how after Regis left , Kelly couldn't read cue cards and would be unable to read the typed up silly articles without stammering and holding them up to her nose? 20 million and she can't read? Remember when Regis would open up newspapers and show us the covers of the NY papers and Live meant fun but also relevant daily stories? Remember off the cuff, spontaneous host chat?

Michael with other cohosts is actually able to get a word in and be spontaneous. I think ABC sees his potential away from a cohost who is not able to talk about anything articulately without stammering, can't find a story in a newspaper, and won't let him finish a story without interrupting.

The gender and victim card may make Kelly feel like the little David against Goliath right now in her fantasy, but in the long run she will be replaced and never find a gig as high paying or high profile as this show. That is if anyone wants to deal with a person barely able to cohost without a lot of help!

• Love 6

FWIW I think GMA would love to have the 9-10 time slot to go head to head with the Today show.  is the Live show really relevant now or serve anything other than for actors/authors etc to shill their latest projects?  Everything has its time

Half the time Live has the same guests as GMA, anyway. I'm not sure what the purpose is and wouldn't be surprised to see it become GMA, hour three...possibly without Ripa, her huge salary, and whatever it is about her that made ABC think informing her of Michael's new gig would be best left to the last minute. 

• Love 2

Kelly was reeeeeeally nervous yesterday (& very proud of herself for that speech), but her body language with Michael gave everything away.  She was beside herself nervous & today her "conversation" is soooo stinted.  IMHO she's really pissed & can barely look at Michael.

OTOH, being without PTV yesterday was like withdrawal from my like-minded buddies, so I went to Facebook.  All feeds on MY Facebook had positive comments about Kelly (WHAT???), so I was shaking my head as to why I could be so negative about her.  Thoughts?

• Love 7

I was "following" Kelly on Instagram and wrote something less than stellar about yesterday's passive-aggressive speech.  Guess what -- her social media minion/assistant must have been monitoring everything because I got "unfollowed"!!!!!!  Did this happen to anyone else?

This whole thing is beyond distasteful.  I cannot look at Kelly the same way.  If I'd been in her shoes, yes, I would've been hurt, angry, offended, sad but I would never, ever take a leave for almost a week to process it.  I would be a professional.  She is extremely fortunate to have a fun, light-hearted job with her name in the title and paid millions for very few hours of work a month (and a lot of time off). 

I'm sad but not surprised that Michael is leaving early.  Best for everyone. 

P.S.  I missed Previously terribly yesterday -- agony waiting for its return!!!

Edited by MerBearHou
added a thought
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, Jeanius said:

I need a day or two to process the fact that Michael is leaving in a few short weeks.

May 13th to be exact.  I think that was Kelly's doing too.  She probably told "the brass" that she's not going to look at his face & play nice for another four months, period.  Get rid of him asap.  (I think Michael's grateful to just get out of there & will do whatever he has to to get it over with.)

Edited by Medicine Crow
play nice (not place nice)
  • Love 4

They may suffer in the short run, but when she can't keep her free spending lifestyle where they send their kids to k-12 schools that cost as much as an expense private college, or own 3 mansions, and jet off to vacations every few weeks , she will realize her diva behavior might not have been worth it!

She will be just fine. She has the contract through Nov 2017 so that is about $30 million more. to take to the bank.

I think she was on so much "Red Bull" or "No Doze" on Tues she will need another week off to come back down. Wow she was wired!

• Love 1

I have to say, I'm still one of the people on board with Kelly walking out like she did. It was a risk, but not a stupid one. Sometimes things like that backfire, but there are times where it sends a message to bosses that will lead to them willing to do what it takes to keep you happy. It sucks, but taking the high road doesn't always help you come negotiation time. I've seen it go both ways for people, and it's just a situation where you have to weigh your options. Also, I think people are missing that this probably isn't just about Kelly thinking about Kelly. If Live goes under, dozens of people lose their jobs, people with far less financial security than her. Live going under isn't just about her. It's about people she's worked with for years. She said it yesterday during her speech that she's been assured that Live is a priority for ABC, and I think that speaks to the fact that she isn't just trying to protect her own job.

• Love 7

Kelly was reeeeeeally nervous yesterday (& very proud of herself for that speech), but her body language with Michael gave everything away.  She was beside herself nervous & today her "conversation" is soooo stinted.  IMHO she's really pissed & can barely look at Michael.

The Honest Toddler tweeted it best "Kelly and Michael look like when your parents are fighting but there's company over."  Also "You know Michael is scared to go to commercial. Those cameras are the only thing keeping him alive."

• Love 8

The show is difficult to watch now, I can't wait until Michael is gone so we can get to the host replacement auditions.  But I do have to say if I didn't think Kelly and Michael are good at their jobs before, I really do now.  It can't be easy to even halfway fake being bubbly and fun with a person you are on less than friendly terms beside you.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, designing1 said:

Half the time Live has the same guests as GMA, anyway. I'm not sure what the purpose is and wouldn't be surprised to see it become GMA, hour three...possibly without Ripa, her huge salary, and whatever it is about her that made ABC think informing her of Michael's new gig would be best left to the last minute. 

This was my thought...that she was scared that Live is being canceled, Michael got the new gig, and TPTB are hanging her out to dry.

• Love 5
On 4/21/2016 at 7:24 PM, orangekit said:

Clay Aiken was a jerk, but a professional wouldn't have spilled her feelings in the air the next day. I don't blame her for putting him in his place, but she should have just made it clear she never wanted to cohost with him again, and left it off the air.

Would you mind telling me the Clay Aiken story?  Thank you!

Edited by slasherboy
Just 'cause
19 hours ago, slasherboy said:

Would you mind telling me the Clay Aiken story?  Thank you!

Part of the issue was that Clay was being "tried out"   as a possible co-host, and he was not Kelly's choice, she resented him being there.  Worse, she was upset when a lot of Clay Aiken fans showed up in the audience and cheered for him.  From the start of the show, her disdain was obvious.   She stepped on his parts of interviews, and barely let him talk.   The joked back and forth, but it was clear she didn't like him there.   During an interview when it was clear that he was supposed to be asking the questions, she would not let him get a word in.    When he jokingly put his hand over her mouth, she acted all outraged, and said "I don't know where that hand has been".  This was before he talked about his sexual orientation publically, and there were a lot of rumors swirling around about him being gay.   Kelly later said that she was a germophobe, and that was all she meant by it, saying that you should NEVER put your hand on someone's mouth.   but then a bunch of videos surfaced showing that she did the same thing on the show all the time, and worse things.   watch?v=tegl0Qtpq1U

Edited by backformore
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

"She especially took issue with Aiken putting his hands over her mouth during an interview. She said you don't do that, even if it's for a laugh.

Ripa told Clay his actions were a "no, no," adding 'I don't know where that hand's been, honey.'

On The View" Tuesday, Rosie O'Donnell said Ripa's remark about Aiken's hand was homophobic. Aiken has been dogged by speculation about his sexuality but he's never answered."

I'm with Kelly on that one. You don't put your hand over someone's mouth. It's rude and unsanitary. Homophobia had nothing (or little) to do with it-- most people don't wash their urine and feces-laden hands after they use the bathroom. Gross. 

--Can anyone tell me what Michael's job will be on GMA?

--And a few names are being tossed around for the new co-host. Anderson Cooper is one. I like him as a guest host, but something about him makes me not want to seem him every day on this particular show. I can't quite pin it down. Regis and Michael are both intelligent but have a silly side that matches the tone of the show. Anderson can be funny, but he's just not as spontaneous and fun as Michael is. 

Edited by topanga
spelling and grammar errors

How the Kelly/Clay interaction happened isn't really the issue in terms of the whole "Michael's leaving" business. Yes, Kelly was ungracious and Clay was rude. Kelly's "Don't touch me I don't know where that hand has been" isn't that unusual a thing to jokingly say to diffuse the situation when you're being touched against your will, and given who Kelly's besties are, there's no way it was a homophobic slur.

The issue is that the incident happened on a Friday, and Kelly returned to work on Monday and ranted to Regis about it. Maybe she does really need a couple of days to "process things", which doesn't say much for her emotional maturity and professionalism.

48 minutes ago, topanga said:

Can anyone tell me what Michael's job will be on GMA?

I'm wondering if GMA even has a plan, or if they just saw someone who currently has a high profile and want to get a couple of years out of him before the next great thing comes along. Allegedly Robin Roberts was instrumental in making this happen; she clearly sees something in him that's eluding me. He's...fine, I suppose, but just fine. Nothing exciting.

ETA that by "fine" I mean "adequate" in terms of his abilities; it's not a comment about his looks.

Edited by designing1
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, backformore said:

Part of the issue was that Clay was being "tried out"   as a possible co-host, and he was not Kelly's choice, she resented him being there.  Worse, she was upset when a lot of Clay Aiken fans showed up in the audience and cheered for him.  From the start of the show, her disdain was obvious.   She stepped on his parts of interviews, and barely let him talk.   The joked back and forth, but it was clear she didn't like him there.   During an interview when it was clear that he was supposed to be asking the questions, she would not let him get a word in.    When he jokingly put his hand over her mouth, she acted all outraged, and said "I don't know where that hand has been".  This was before he talked about his sexual orientation publically, and there were a lot of rumors swirling around about him being gay.   Kelly later said that she was a germophobe, and that was all she meant by it, saying that you should NEVER put your hand on someone's mouth.   but then a bunch of videos surfaced showing that she did the same thing on the show all the time, and worse things.   watch?v=tegl0Qtpq1U

I wonder why Kelly had a problem with Clay. Is it because he's popular? People cheer like crazy for Michael Strahan. I wonder if that's partly what's bothering her about Michael leaving--that he's getting a higher profile job based on his star quality, Michael is already on several TV shows, so his star has been singing brightly for a while. 

And I didn't realize Kelly had done the same thing to Regis! In the words of Stephanie Tanner, "How Rude!

I'm wondering if GMA even has a plan, or if they just saw someone who currently has a high profile and want to get a couple of years out of him before the next great thing comes along. Allegedly Robin Roberts was instrumental in making this happen; she clearly sees something in him that's eluding me. He's...fine, I suppose, but just fine. Nothing exciting.

Of course, Robin doesn't care how fine Michael is. She could still consider him handsome, I suppose. She just wouldn't be recruiting him so she could salivate all over him. 

I agree you you, designing1, that Michael isn't exciting--at least, he doesn't excite me--but I understand his appeal. He's easy on the eyes, despite the gap and the lisp. He's charismatic and spontaneous. And he's black, which makes a show more diverse. 

Edited by topanga
Forgot some stuff
  • Love 1

I think it was interesting that Kelly's "power agents", or something like that were with her on FF. So obviously something is up regarding the show.  

When Kelly said "I think I earned the right.....", I found that weird.  While I get her needing to take a couple of days off,  I think no one earns a right to publicly diss their employer.  No, she did not bash them verbally, but walking around so the paparazzi can see that book, basically calling ABC/Disney  "David", was not at all smart.  If she had walked out, but  had not done that, her little speech would have been more believable.    

I think the way she tried to sounds selfless in her speech, like she was all worried about the fans and the staff was a bit true, but I think mostly she was mad because they didn't inform her that Michael was leaving.    

I think as much as she tried to act like it was not all about her, I think it was mostly about her bruised ego.   I do think that Gelman has proven he is professional and loyal, even though he found out they same time Kelly did.  Kelly on the other hand did come off like a brat, and passive aggressive.

When she said her dad thinks "we're all crazy", I was trying to figure out who  is "we".    She is the only one who walked out, had a tantrum, and made a stupid choice of making a public diss of her employer to the paparazzi with a grin on her face.  She was obviously purposely doing that to send everyone a message about the her boss.  She is the only one who had a hissy fit, and acts like she is Norma Rae worrying about the rights of the downtrodden workers! LOL

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, topanga said:

Of course, Robin doesn't care how fine Michael is. She could still consider him handsome, I suppose. She just wouldn't be recruiting him so she could salivate all over him. 

When I originally referred to Michael as "fine", I wasn't talking about looks. I was talking about ability. Maybe "adequate" would have been a better word.

• Love 1

What annoys me is Michael's new job is now all about spoiled brat Kelly. This should be a happy/exciting time for him but now this is what he (and the audience) will remember in regards to his new job. 

I couldn't even watch her entire speech rant on Tuesday because I was dying of secondhand embarrassment.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, designing1 said:

When I originally referred to Michael as "fine", I wasn't talking about looks. I was talking about ability. Maybe "adequate" would have been a better word.

Ha-ha. I thought you meant, "Damn. Dude over there is fiinnee."

2 minutes ago, Snow Apple said:

What annoys me is Michael's new job is now all about spoiled brat Kelly. This should be a happy/exciting time for him but now this is what he (and the audience) will remember in regards to his new job. 

I couldn't even watch her entire speech rant on Tuesday because I was dying of secondhand embarrassment.

I hate it when people make themselves the center of attention when the wedding/graduation/job promotion is supposed to about the overlooked little sister who finally has her own day and doesn't have to share the spotlight with her extroverted and narcissistic older sisters. 

Er, I mean, you're totally right. Kelly's butt hurt antics have completely overshadowed the celebration of Michael's new job and his bittersweet departure from Live! Way to go, Kelly. I'm sure she's had years of experience perfecting this act. (The act of making everything about her, that is. Kelly being hurt and angry about Michael leaving--she has every right to feel those emotions). 

• Love 3

I've thought about this a bit since the forum was down. The thing is, Kelly is entitled to her feelings. Whether we approve or not. Doesn't matter how much money she makes. The other thing is that she had to go make small talk live on national tv. Gelman wasn't on screen. I've had a situation or two similar. One time I couldn't hold it together and took the rest of the day off to regroup. Another time I had the ability to close the office door and regroup there. But I didn't have to go into a big meeting or make a presentation. That would have been very hard for me. And it didn't have anything to do with my salary. YMMV

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I've thought about this a bit since the forum was down. The thing is, Kelly is entitled to her feelings. Whether we approve or not. Doesn't matter how much money she makes. The other thing is that she had to go make small talk live on national tv. Gelman wasn't on screen. I've had a situation or two similar. One time I couldn't hold it together and took the rest of the day off to regroup. Another time I had the ability to close the office door and regroup there. But I didn't have to go into a big meeting or make a presentation. That would have been very hard for me. And it didn't have anything to do with my salary. YMMV

I agree.  It was a situation where everyone had feelings about it including, Michael. 

Edited by wings707

I understand being hurt and even if she had to take a day off, she should have came back the following day. She can even acknowledge she was hurt being kept in the dark but understand it was the nature of the business. Or something like that. That's what an adult does. 

I watched All My Children back in the day and remember her first episode, and although she has a bit of an annoying personality for a talk show, I still had fond memories of "Hayley." With this temper tantrum, she's lost whatever respect I had left of her.

I also don't think she's doing herself any favors dissing her boss(s). Does she think she'll be anywhere if she wasn't given this cushy job? Where are many former soap actors now? Bet they'd love this gig and the money that goes with it. It'll be interesting to see what happens to her if this show ever ends. I doubt she'll hurt for money, but the hit to all the extra perks and attention sure will hurt.

Edited by Snow Apple
  • Love 4

Kelly looked and acted medicated to me.  Not our normal Kelly, except when she started rubbing her arms.  Hope she doesn't start smoking again like she did after the sitcom was cancelled.  She was medicated after that I believe also.  I can't help but feel sorry for her mental state.

Have to laugh about ABC caring about "Live."  If Kelly believes that, she is choosing to.  Yep, ABC cared about the soaps, too.  Her Tuesday speech was embarrassing, but if it made her feel better, so be it.  Harsh reality is in her future.  She'll know what it felt like for Regis.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, topanga said:

Ha-ha. I thought you meant, "Damn. Dude over there is fiinnee."

I hate it when people make themselves the center of attention when the wedding/graduation/job promotion is supposed to about the overlooked little sister who finally has her own day and doesn't have to share the spotlight with her extroverted and narcissistic older sisters. 

Er, I mean, you're totally right. Kelly's butt hurt antics have completely overshadowed the celebration of Michael's new job and his bittersweet departure from Live! Way to go, Kelly. I'm sure she's had years of experience perfecting this act. (The act of making everything about her, that is. Kelly being hurt and angry about Michael leaving--she has every right to feel those emotions). 

I haven't watched every guest since Kelly came back on Tuesday, but I haven't seen anyone congratulate Michael on his new gig. Normally, I think that is something they would do.  Who knows, maybe they are being told in advance not to utter a word about the whole situation - not "Congratulations, Michael!" or even "Welcome back, Kelly!" 

1 hour ago, CattyTiger said:

Kelly looked and acted medicated to me.  Not our normal Kelly, except when she started rubbing her arms.  Hope she doesn't start smoking again like she did after the sitcom was cancelled.  She was medicated after that I believe also.  I can't help but feel sorry for her mental state.

Have to laugh about ABC caring about "Live."  If Kelly believes that, she is choosing to.  Yep, ABC cared about the soaps, too.  Her Tuesday speech was embarrassing, but if it made her feel better, so be it.  Harsh reality is in her future.  She'll know what it felt like for Regis.

Kelly's arm rubbing & body contortions is her way of self-soothing.  Clearly evident on Tuesday & yesterday!!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, goldenpuppy said:

I think it was interesting that Kelly's "power agents", or something like that were with her on FF. So obviously something is up regarding the show.  

When Kelly said "I think I earned the right.....", I found that weird.  While I get her needing to take a couple of days off,  I think no one earns a right to publicly diss their employer.  No, she did not bash them verbally, but walking around so the paparazzi can see that book, basically calling ABC/Disney  "David", was not at all smart.  If she had walked out, but  had not done that, her little speech would have been more believable.    

I think the way she tried to sounds selfless in her speech, like she was all worried about the fans and the staff was a bit true, but I think mostly she was mad because they didn't inform her that Michael was leaving.    

I think as much as she tried to act like it was not all about her, I think it was mostly about her bruised ego.   I do think that Gelman has proven he is professional and loyal, even though he found out they same time Kelly did.  Kelly on the other hand did come off like a brat, and passive aggressive.

When she said her dad thinks "we're all crazy", I was trying to figure out who  is "we".    She is the only one who walked out, had a tantrum, and made a stupid choice of making a public diss of her employer to the paparazzi with a grin on her face.  She was obviously purposely doing that to send everyone a message about the her boss.  She is the only one who had a hissy fit, and acts like she is Norma Rae worrying about the rights of the downtrodden workers! LOL

The book was ridiculous.  And on Tuesday, when she knew the paparazzi would be waiting for her again, she was carrying another book. This time it was Anderson Cooper's book (which you know she has already read). Maybe she got wind of the negative reaction to her book toting stunt a few days earlier, and this was her way of saying to the public, "Guys! Guys! I always carry a book around! There was no ulterior motive or hidden message."  I guess I should give her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe she likes to read a page or 2 while she is being driven those 10 blocks to the studio. 

• Love 4

LMAO! When did Kelly ever carry around books in full view of the paparazzi?   Somehow she just happened to be carrying a book that fit her mood the day she walked out?

I think she has a right to "feel' however she feels, she can't control her feelings.   The thing I think is unprofessional is how she acts like a little bratty kid, and needs to whine, or do stupid things like carrying that book, which was an obvious message about her situation, and when it came to Clay, she had to whine about it on the air on Monday.

She's had things come way too easy, and she has never had to suck it up and go on with her job, or she has not faced a lot of rejection in a very harsh business.

I almost, almost feel sorry for her.  She truly thinks she's going to cause a PR nightmare for ABC/Disney and come out the winner?  The love Michael, and he has remained professional on the air through all of this.  If she acted like a grownup, no one could ever prove she had a backstage meltdown.  

I also think that no matter how supposedly happy she is for Michael, she is jealous and she sees that she is not big deal, but he is the big deal at ABC.

I do stop feeling any pity for her however, when I think of how badly she treated Regis in the end. She feels she "earned" her right to have her little tantrum and not show up for work?   How does she think Regis felt when he is the one who made the show what it was, and he had some twit sitting next to him mocking him if he was distracted (probably during contract negotiations), and he just wasn't there the way he used to be?   

I think Kelly probably wanted the starting role, and part of her past negotiations was to get Regis out of the way.  Now it looks like Karma may be biting her in the butt! 

• Love 11

In my opinion, Kelly just filled in her expiration date with Disney.  I understand being upset, but I do not believe she is being honest about her feelings.  I believe she is mad that Michael is being offered a new job, that she was not considered for, that has more opportunity and earning power.  I quit watching the show after Regis retired, but tuned in after her tantrum hit the news.  I really like Michael, his ease of telling a story, and the fact that he doesn't feel the need to flatter himself at every turn.  His telling the story of why he locks his bedroom doors at night made me laugh.  I am now going to start watching GMA in September.  Kelly made such a fool of herself, strutting across the stage, believing the standing ovation was sincere and not prompted, making the most passive aggressive speech ever!  She could have said everything she wanted to from her regular chair next to Michael, but no way was she not making this all about her.  There is a good reason Disney did not want Michael in the original meeting, and Kelly didn't disappoint. The end is near for her!

Congratulations Michael....I wish you much success.

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 22

Disney and ABC only care about ratings.  As long as she pulls in viewers, they don't care if some see her as having an attitude or egotistical.  It is all about money as it should be, it is a business. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 8
42 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

In my opinion, Kelly just filled in her expiration date with Disney.  I understand being upset, but I do not believe she is being honest about her feelings.  I believe she is mad that Michael is being offered a new job, that she was not considered for, that has more opportunity and earning power.  I quit watching the show after Regis retired, but tuned in after her tantrum hit the news.  I really like Michael, his ease of telling a story, and the fact that he doesn't feel the need to flatter himself at every turn.  His telling the story of why he locks his bedroom doors at night made me laugh.  I am now going to start watching GMA in September.  Kelly made such a fool of herself, strutting across the stage, believing the standing ovation was sincere and not prompted, making the most passive aggressive speech ever!  She could have said everything she wanted to from her regular chair next to Michael, but no way was she not making this all about her.  There is a good reason Disney did not want Kelly in the original meeting, and Kelly didn't disappoint. The end is near for her!

Congratulations Michael....I wish you much success.

My bold.  I thought his story was a bit over-the-top & Kelly seemed to be making fun of him.  JMHO.

I almost, almost feel sorry for her

Ummm, no! 

As she walks from her $27 million dollar townhouse, to her $20 million dollar a year job, wearing $600 dollar shoes and a carrying a free book, I never will feel sorry for her.

Does Mark have any type of job these days? Not that he needs to work but does he only follow Kelly to Live and the gym?

• Love 12

I agree with you all.  I also think that Kelly, in her own misguided, delusional mind, was trying to make a point, like the women in Hollywood about speaking up for themselves (and equal $ for actresses).  Epic fail.  Oh, and that overly long applause for her when she returned?  I call it total B.S.

Ratings are all that matter, not that TPTB "care" about her show or her.  Let's hope that  ABC absorbs the Live timeslot into their third hour soon, and watch Kelly be graceful --or not--on the way down.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

My bold.  I thought his story was a bit over-the-top & Kelly seemed to be making fun of him.  JMHO.

Oh, I thought it was funny.  Of course Kelly made fun of him, she had just gotten her best ever eyelash extensions.  <rolls eyes>

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Vinyasa said:

Ummm, no! 

As she walks from her $27 million dollar townhouse, to her $20 million dollar a year job, wearing $600 dollar shoes and a carrying a free book, I never will feel sorry for her.

Does Mark have any type of job these days? Not that he needs to work but does he only follow Kelly to Live and the gym?

IMDB lists 6 credits since 2014.

They both have some role with their milojo production company, which currently has 5 programs on the air. Kelly learned years ago that that is where the real money is.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile

If one of Kelly's besties is hired to be the new co-host, I suspect it might be for just one year, to match up with her own contract.  She knows that ABC is going to Regis her (offer a lowball dollar contract and let her walk).  She's sliding toward 50 and will gladly take the $100M+ that she negotiated with ABC for the past contract.  One kid is nearly off to college and the other two are into their teens.  Why should she slave away for an hour a day on live TV when she can live a luxurious celebrity life?

More power to her.  

• Love 1

Kelly may have gained some sympathy from viewers with her little speech, but she obviously can't be professional and try to not act like a bitter brat.

During the animal segment with Peter Gross, an animal was squealing and seemed to spit on Kelly's face. Kelly did another slam at ABC said that she should take the animal into contract negotiations.  

So, as much as she pretended her little meltdown was about respect, it's more obvious that it's about being jealous that Michael got more than she does.

She may get her way in th short run because ABC doesn't need Kelly playing victim and making herself into a martyr for all working women, even though in reality she has never had to truly work  lousy jobs or struggle like most in her business . But in the end when things calm down, they will quietly screw her over.  

Ripa might need to actually try to find a job with a reputation of being a pain in the butt and being an aging celebrity, Does she think she's so irreplaceable?  She may be needed now, but I'm sure TPTB are planning to dump her, and no more since she can't be professional enough to keep her anger off camera. 

I feel for Michael having to sit next to such sel absorbed fake.  She pretends to "love" him, and is so happy for him, but she makes nasty comments and is going to take all of the attention away from his new job because she can't handle not being the center of attention, or getting her way.  Also, he didn't look too amused at her stupid contract joke.

She has an inflated ego and thinks her stupid behavior is beyond reproach . 

It might actually be fun to watch Kelly slowly and quietly get what she deserves for being a PR nightmare to  ABC.  Her  arrogant attitude might go away when she has no job, and is living off of her husband -who no way can keep her lifestyle as rich as it is, since he has yet to have a really steady job and . 

Since Oprah and Ellen are defending Kelly like she's some 1800's woman being oppressed by society, I'd love to see one of them hire her and put up with her attitude!  Oprah would kick her to the curb in a heartbeat and Kelly couldn't use sexism as an excuse!

• Love 6