Type keyword(s) to search

Arrow Stars in Other Roles

• Start Topic

Has he stopped filming TMNT already? Of everything going on in that movie the thing I'm most surprised about is the fact that they managed to snag Laura Linney! How did they get her and why did she agree to be in that mess?

He said recently (I can't remember if it was on Facebook or at a con) that he didn't have an extended break until Christmas. So either he's got to go back to NYC for filming at some point, or the other thing that he had lined up this summer fell through.

• Love 1
(edited)

Has he stopped filming TMNT already? Of everything going on in that movie the thing I'm most surprised about is the fact that they managed to snag Laura Linney! How did they get her and why did she agree to be in that mess?

KC's new movie Wolves at the Door actually sounds fun. Particularly since Elizabeth Henstrige from Agents of Shield is apparently going to be in it too!

Well usually most movies that big take 3 months of filming, give or take (minus reshoots and CGI). I can't imagine Stephan role is that big. so a two and half almost three weeks (give or take) time of filming out of 3 months is actually quite alot.

Edited by foreverevolving

Well usually most movies that big take 3 months of filming, give or take (minus reshoots and CGI). I can't imagine Stephan role is that big. so a two and half almost three weeks (give or take) time of filming out of 3 months is actually quite alot.

At the Calgary Expo he did say that he would be filming TMNT from the week after Arrow wrapped until Canada Day (July 1). So maybe he worked it out so he could take a longer filming break/combined some days off so he could enjoy Europe with his family? 

• Love 1

At the Calgary Expo he did say that he would be filming TMNT from the week after Arrow wrapped until Canada Day (July 1). So maybe he worked it out so he could take a longer filming break/combined some days off so he could enjoy Europe with his family? 

Well the movie started filming in April, which will mean it be about 2.5 months in on July 1st. Since I would imagine Stephan role isn't that big or not as big as MF is, theres probably a couple of holes in where he isn't needed on set where he can take time off. and as we saw, things also change.

it be interesting to see than, if he is indeed contracted for such an extended period of time, how extensive his appearance in the film will be.

Dylan Bruce, former ADA, is going to be on NBC's new superhero show.

Look, it's baby David Ramsey singing (and also playing a pastor)

He's good.  It brings home how hard it is for African-Americans and other non-White people on TV because that show lasted for one season back in 1997.  If he were a White actor, I think he'd have much more of a career by now.

(edited)

Article includes other pics as well...

Sneaky like a Fox! Megan tries to steal into police headquarters in New York with Stephen Amell on the set of TMNT2
By ROSS MCDONAGH FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 01:49 EST, 29 May 2015 | UPDATED: 06:01 EST, 29 May 2015

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3101955/Megan-tries-steal-police-headquarters-New-York-Stephen-Amell-set-TMNT2.html

292A907D00000578-0-image-a-2_14328800064

292A937E00000578-0-image-a-16_1432880221

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Just seen San Andreas. Colton's only in it for the first few minutes and is immediately marked down as 'cute, not too bright' by Archie Panjabi's character. It's a great fun movie if you like big silly disaster movies (I do).

• Love 1
(edited)

Dylan Bruce, former ADA, is going to be on NBC's new superhero show.

So something sorta got spoiled for me on tumblr about Orphan Black. I'm behind on this season :( Damn crazy work schedule :( Anyway, my first thought was well maybe he might have more availability and can come back for LL arc/LI. But then I saw this post & other article teasers across the web. It looks like he might have found something else to do with his time instead. What a bummer. On the plus side, another good casting reason for me to look forward to Heroes Reborn. So far they are stacking the deck with actors that I have enjoyed from the original series & on other series. I hope I'm not setting my hopes to high on the reboot.

Edited by kismet

I also got spoiled about OB, not sure if I'll tune in for this season at all, Sarah's other LI bores the hell out of me... actually, I dislike all love interests of the main clones, it's got rather a annoying.

Just seen San Andreas. Colton's only in it for the first few minutes and is immediately marked down as 'cute, not too bright' by Archie Panjabi's character. It's a great fun movie if you like big silly disaster movies (I do).

Caught the morning showing of that, and it was pretty fun seeing Colton in that.  It was a small role (not sure if he was even on screen for five minutes), but I'm sure it was a decent day(s) work for him.  Although, when things got dicey, I did wonder why he didn't just parkour his way of the situation.

• Love 1

Ditto, as someone who works in medicine, I generally try to avoid most if not all medical shows almost as a rule now. Gone are the decent medical shows like ER. But now I'm at least gonna have to give Chicago Med a few watches.

I'm kind of impressed at SA's non-stop work schedule. I work one 35 hour week and want a 3 day vacation. 

http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/05/28/stephen-amell-wrestling-in-summerslam-against-wwe-superstarstardust/

He seems to have always wanted to wrestle at one of these events, so I guess another dream must be coming true. That's exciting for him. It must help to make it through the periods of exhaustion. I imagine the producers/insurers of Arrow are not as excited for the event. I wonder if they'll take out more $$ on him in case he gets hurt.

• Love 2

I'm curious as to how busy Stephen is for Turtles..I think Casey only has so much screentime...behind the 4 Turtles, April and Splinter...and possibly Will Arnett (and the main villain...Shredder?) 

Well, the cast of Agents of SHIELD have also done Coca-Cola commercials (in China), maybe it's a thing for comic-based shows.

I'm not sure it's Japan, sadly I don't know kanji/hieroglyphs, but the short phrase sounded more like Chinese to my ear (although I don't know either Japanese or any of dialects of Chinese, sadly - at least yet).

Well, the cast of Agents of SHIELD have also done Coca-Cola commercials (in China), maybe it's a thing for comic-based shows.

I'm not sure it's Japan, sadly I don't know kanji/hieroglyphs, but the short phrase sounded more like Chinese to my ear (although I don't know either Japanese or any of dialects of Chinese, sadly - at least yet).

It was for China. And I know that because of reasons. 

I'm kind of impressed at SA's non-stop work schedule. I work one 35 hour week and want a 3 day vacation. 

http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/05/28/stephen-amell-wrestling-in-summerslam-against-wwe-superstarstardust/

It seems that the rumors are not true after all... What a pity. I´d have LOVED seeing SA wrestling!

See SA´s latest twitter message (about an hour ago):

"Lots of rumors circulating that I'm fighting @StardustWWE at Summerslam. Not true. Cody wants no piece of me."

see: https://twitter.com/amellywood

This is an old 2004 interview with PB where he talks about playing the villain, Stephen Saunders, on 24 (the tv show)...

Paul Blackthorne 24 Inside Interview

Just saw parts if an old epidode of Law & Order SVU with Susannah Thompson in it followed by a Viagara commercial starring Kelly Hu. Think tv world trying to tell me something.

(edited)

Bex Taylor-Klaus aka our lovely Sin was on tonight's episode of iZombie.  Not nearly as stoked about zombies this time around. 

Actually it was a pretty nice part.  She had several memorable scenes. 

Edited by BkWurm1

Today's Jeopardy had a category called "My TV Title Character," and the answer (or is it the question?  Whichever Alex Trebek gives you) was something like "Stephen Amell on the CW."  The correct response was "The Arrow" but the first person incorrectly said "Green Arrow" and I think that the second person incorrectly said "The Green Arrow" (and I don't think the third person answered, haha).  So you've made it on Jeopardy, SA (but sadly I don't think these contestants are watching your show).

• Love 4

Today's Jeopardy had a category called "My TV Title Character," and the answer (or is it the question?  Whichever Alex Trebek gives you) was something like "Stephen Amell on the CW."  The correct response was "The Arrow" but the first person incorrectly said "Green Arrow" and I think that the second person incorrectly said "The Green Arrow" (and I don't think the third person answered, haha).  So you've made it on Jeopardy, SA (but sadly I don't think these contestants are watching your show).

it's the answer, and you need to give the question.

also, not that hard to be made into a Jeopardy answer.. given the amount of episodes they air in a year.

The third contestant actually did answer correctly; which was surprising to me, since he didn't look like someone who watches the show!

(edited)

Here is a new article about TMNT2 (2016) which mentions SA and his character Casey Jones:

http://screenrant.com/tmnt-2-casey-jones-car-stephen-amell/

"[...] In the comments, one fan expressed concern over the design for the new Casey Jones, pointing out the popular TMNT character often has long hair. Amell replied to the fan’s concerns, saying the change in look “makes sense” and fans should “try and be patient” because they’ve yet to see a trailer or even read a sinopsis. [...]"

I understand where SA is coming from. At the same time I sort of agree with what one person says in the comments:

a reader's comment from "GAO": "Looks like another mess of a movie. The set pics don’t seem to convey that Casey will have the down to earth rogue-ish attitude that he’s supposed to have. [...] Oh yes I’m totally judging it without seeing it. After all isn’t that what set pics, interviews, trailers and the like are for? To convince people it’s good before they see it? No one should cry foul if in the case of this movie series it has the opposite effect. [...]"

Edited by Kordi
(edited)

I get being worried about the down to earth rogue-ish attitude or anything attitude wise of a book to movie character. Getting the energy and essence of a character is something most readers of book adaptations crave. Though style is only important to getting caricature right. Otherwise it's just a period defining trait.

I've never read the comic books but I've seen the earlier movies and some cartoons. Casey does usually have a bit wild hair(though not always long) and Stephen's is kind of shaven. Though that is the look a lot of Casey types wear these days. Though because Stephen is a bit on the "pretty" side it's all going to come down to how Stephen handles the overall nature of the character. His interaction with the turtles and the delivery of the dialogue is really what will define if he's a good Casey. Which is the big unknown from set pictures.

So to really see how the film shows that the character Stephen plays is the comic Casey Jones, you have to wait for the trailer and movie. But so far I think fans are seeing Stephen Amell more so than a Casey type. Hence the worry. The wild hair would have allowed fans a bit less anxiety.

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 2

I get being worried about the down to earth rogue-ish attitude or anything attitude wise of a book to movie character. Getting the energy and essence of a character is something most readers of book adaptations crave. Though style is only important to getting caricature right. Otherwise it's just a period defining trait.

I've never read the comic books but I've seen the earlier movies and some cartoons. Casey does usually have a bit wild hair(though not always long) and Stephen's is kind of shaven. Though that is the look a lot of Casey types wear these days. Though because Stephen is a bit on the "pretty" side it's all going to come down to how Stephen handles the overall nature of the character. His interaction with the turtles and the delivery of the dialogue is really what will define if he's a good Casey. Which is the big unknown from set pictures.

So to really see how the film shows that the character Stephen plays is the comic Casey Jones, you have to wait for the trailer and movie. But so far I think fans are seeing Stephen Amell more so than a Casey type. Hence the worry. The wild hair would have allowed fans a bit less anxiety.

I think it's silly (but not surprising) for fans to judge how SA is playing Casey just from set pictures, and unofficial ones at that. I also don't really understand the quibbling about the hair when Megan Fox plays April (whose red hair was just as distinctive) has as a brunette. 

Then again, I can't imagine the sequel can possibly be worse than the first TMNT, so I'm probably not on the same enthusiasm level as those commenters.