Type keyword(s) to search

Arrow Stars in Other Roles

• Start Topic

Continuum is legit my favorite sci-fi show currently on TV. Crazy dense storytelling going on there, and they just got renewed for a final season so they'll get an actual planned ending.

I didn't know this.  Such great news.  (I'd given up hope and finally stopped looking back in October, I think.)  Hopefully they do better with their 6 episodes than White Collar did.  

Susanna Thompson will be returning to NCIS as Hollis Mann (Gibbs' ex-girlfriend) in an upcoming episode...

NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: 'Arrow' Star Susanna Thompson Returns as Gibbs' Ex-GF in ‘We Build, We Fight’ Helmed by Rocky Carroll’s Leon Vance
By Shane Carter On January 24, 2015
http://www.crossmap.com/news/ncis-season-12-spoilers-arrow-star-susanna-thompson-returns-as-gibbs-ex-gf-in-we-build-we-fight-helmed-by-rocky-carrolls-leon-vance-15877

• Love 1

So I had some free time, and decided to watch the 2 available films at my library of Stephen Amell.

I highly recommend "Closing the Ring", its a beautiful love story. It covered love, loyalty & loss. SA does a good job. I wouldn't say it was phenomenal, but it was very good. His interactions with the his male friends was the best part, you could see his genuineness. Plus the rest of the cast was great. Even the director Richard Attenborough was impressed with his acting potential.

I would suggest passing on "When calls the heart" that is just 89min I will never get back. It was just a flumsy production that had overall poor performances from most of the cast. SA seemed very wooden, but there was 1 or 2 good scenes just not worth watching it.

Edited by kismet

I have to say for anyone that thinks  SA doesn't have range, to watch "Hung". He is so the opposite of Oliver Queen. I didn't even realize when I first watched Arrow that is was the guy from Hung. But I remember I really rather liked the character he played on Hung.

How was Toby Stephens?  Does the son of Maggie Smith and Robert Stephens have his parents' acting chops?

I adore Toby Stephens, but he isn't the most subtle actor. He was Mr. Rochester in a really great version of Jane Eyre with Ruth Wilson a couple of years ago, but his best roles are when he gets to chew the scenery a little.

• Love 2

Well then he does chew the scenery a bit in The Machine.

He plays a Military inventor that is trying to make the perfect robot solider. It's pretty much a bad version of Terminator without the time travel. Caity's first character invented the best learning AI that could talk or something, she was killed and he made his next Machine in her likeness (I think he was supposed to be in love with her after knowing her for about 2 minutes). She was basically a child learning from the people around her. The evil bosses re-programmed her to be a killer. He got upset that his bosses wanted to use her as a weapon, when that's what he built her for in the first place.  Then rest of the machines that couldn't speak but could communicate with computer language started an uprising and started killing everyone on the base. He tried to get Caity's machine to stop but she wouldn't, Then they ran away together. I also think he was trying to save his sick daughter by putting her mind in a computer. I'm now unclear if he wanted to use Caity's machine body for his daughter and that makes the movie creepier. 

Eeek.  Jessica DeGouw is an awful actress (or at least she was on Arrow...never seen her in anything else).  But I'm kind of hoping that she gets the part so maybe she won't come back to this show in the near future (sorry for wishing bad things on those of you who want to see Deadpool but don't like DeGouw).

Edited by SonofaBiscuit

3 other women on that list are much better actresses then JDG and what female lead? Only female lead should be Blind Al....better not be Vanessa/Copy Cat never liked her.

If they use the leaked script from a few years ago, it is Vanessa. That script's a pretty hard R, and I loved it, but I wonder if it'll be tweaked down to a PG13.

If they use the leaked script from a few years ago, it is Vanessa. That script's a pretty hard R, and I loved it, but I wonder if it'll be tweaked down to a PG13.

I heard it was an awesome script but I don't want to read it, want to be surprised. :-)

If it is Vanessa I'd prefer Morena Baccarin to JDG, I could see Morena as Copycat.

I'm not even sure I'd go that far, at least in her first appearance. I think she got better (somewhat) in her later appearances, but I remember thinking during those first two Helena episodes - wow, they actually managed to find an actress that makes KC look good by comparison.

I did think she had better chemistry with SA than KC, but unfortunately the acting just made me cringe.

Yeah, that was a good scene. Someone said that maybe her time on Dracula (which I didn't watch) helped her improve from when she had been on the show in S1. That could be. I still thought some of her scenes in BoP were not so good, particularly that first one where she confronts her father, but yes, that last scene was good.

This private/public stuff ... I don't get it.  Robbie Amell replied to that post with "Great week".  Why not just phone him up?  It seems like game-playing to me, and then someone forgets facebook isn't really private and all hell breaks loose.

This private/public stuff ... I don't get it.  Robbie Amell replied to that post with "Great week".  Why not just phone him up?  It seems like game-playing to me, and then someone forgets facebook isn't really private and all hell breaks loose.

not quite sure why all hell breaks lose. SA isn't the first, nor the last, actor to work on other projects while also being a regular on a TV show. the movie will probably be filmed during hiatus and I won't be surprised if either way he has a somewhat small role which will make is easier on him to commute back and forth during regular shooting schedule.

I was referring to SA's post about brunch with his wife and daughter, which really shouldn't have been public.

I don't think he can commute, he works 16 hour days as it is.  The movie will probably be filmed in the hiatus, and if it's the Susan Sarandon one, good for him.

I was referring to SA's post about brunch with his wife and daughter, which really shouldn't have been public.

I don't think he can commute, he works 16 hour days as it is.  The movie will probably be filmed in the hiatus, and if it's the Susan Sarandon one, good for him.

he could spend half the week shooting Arrow the other half shooting the movie wherever it is being shot. it all goes down to how they will schedule the shooting to accommodate. George Clooney regularly did it while he was filming ER, though granted Clooney was part of an actual ensemble show unlike SA who is the star, and ER had a 30million share viewing so by season 3 Clooney was a major TV star, unlike Amell who is still fairly unknown to most of the public.

Did you know that DR plays Mayor Carter Poole on Blue Bloods?  He mentioned it in a recent Examiner interview (posted in the Media thread) so I checked...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1595859/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

From the Examiner interview:

I play the Mayor of New York in that show. At the time, Greg Berlanti saw me in the 2nd season. He presented this character….there not a lot to do in the pilot for you. But, we’re still shooting and this is the guy who finds out that Oliver Queen is Arrow, and he’ll become his right hand guy, and a big story. AND I still want you to film ‘Blue Bloods,’ and I was like really? Awesome! I mean, who knew at the time that ‘Arrow’ was going to be as big as it was. That was three years ago, and to this day, I’m still doing ‘Blue Bloods;’ even though I’m doing ‘Arrow’ as a regular, I’m still flying out to Brooklyn in New York City to shoot 3-4 episodes a year as the Mayor of New York…with Tom Selleck. I’m performing for the 13-30 crowd on ‘Arrow, ‘ and for the 35-65 crowd on ‘Blue Bloods’ Ya know though, a lot of older folks love ‘Arrow’ so you never can tell.
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Jessica De Gouw has landed a new series regular role:

Chris Meloni & 3 Others Cast, Kanye West Eyes Music Involvement As ‘Underground’ Gets WGN America Series Order

WGN America is moving forward with its Akiva Goldsman-produced drama Underground, giving the Underground Railroad project a 10-episode straight-to-series order with Christopher Meloni, Jurnee Smollett-Bell, Aldis Hodge and Jessica De Gouw set to star. The pickup comes weeks after NBC at TCA announced Freedom Run, an eight-hour miniseries set against the background of the underground railroad, which was put on a fast track with Stevie Wonder executive producing and writing the score for a Broadway musical based on the mini.

Underground, originally announced by WGNA in August, also is expected to have a top music name involved. I hear Kanye West is in talks for a role on the music side of the series.

Underground, from Sony Pictures TV and Tribune Studios, follows a group of slaves who plan a daring escape from a Georgia plantation to cross 600 miles to freedom, aided along the way by a secret abolitionist couple running a station on the Underground Railroad, as they evade those tasked with bringing them back, dead or alive.

Smollett-Bell (Friday Night Lights) plays Rosalee, a shy house slave with a powerful inner strength and courage; Aldis Hodge (Turn) is Noah, a brave and clever slave on the plantation with dreams of freedom and a dangerous plan to escape; Law & Order: SVU alum Meloni is August, a secretive mercenary who walks a tightrope between survival and morality; De Gouw is Elizabeth, a socialite who shares her husband’s abolitionist ideals.

More at the source

(edited)

Colin Donnell has been cast in a new NBC pilot:

Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’

Meta Golding (The Hunger Games: Catching Fire), Monet Mazur (Austin Powers: International Man Of Mystery) and Colin Donnell (Arrow) have booked lead roles on NBC drama pilot Love Is A Four Letter Word. The project, from playwright-TV writer Diana Son, 20th TV and Fabrik, chronicles the collision of race, sexuality and gender roles when three diverse couples put modern marriage to the test.

Golding, repped by Paradigm and A Management, will play Julie, a successful attorney who is Nick’s (Rockmund Dunbar) ex-wife and the mother of his two children. Mazur, repped by MGMT Entertainmen​t, ​United Agents​, and Hirsch Wallerstein Hayum Matlof and Fishman​, is Fiona, the sexy siren who broke up Nick and Julie’s marriage, and subsequently married Nick. Gersh-repped Donnell will play Sean, Nick’s long-time friend and ad agency partner, who is happily married to Tandi (Cynthia McWilliams), the mother of their young son, Christopher, who looks exactly like Sean.

Golding will next be seen in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2.

Source

I guess that should put an end to the zombie!Tommy speculation (for now).

Edited by strikera0

I'm really happy for Colin Donnel, hopefully he doesn't die in this new show...poor guy 

Same here.

John Barrowman has a new project, too:

'Arrow' Star John Barrowman, Heavy Metal Developing '49th Key' as TV Miniseries (Exclusive)

The story from TV exec-turned-author Erika Lewis hit stands Wednesday in the latest issue of 'Heavy Metal.'

John Barrowman, the Torchwood and Arrow star, has come aboard to develop an adaptation of The 49th Key, a story from author Erika Lewis that appears in the newest edition of the sci-fi/fantasy comic magazine Heavy Metal.

Barrowman will executive produce and star in what is intended to be an event TV miniseries.

Heavy Metal's Jeff Krelitz and David Boxenbaum will executive produce, with Jeremy Atkins, who recently joined Heavy Metal from Dark Horse, as an associate producer. 

49th Key  is based on the 16th century legend of Enochian magic, which tells of a secret language of angels.

The first chapter in an expansive fantasy series tells of a rogue archeologist and a young autistic and mute boy on a treacherous journey through England to bring the boy home. The boy turns out to be the key to a gateway between our world and that of Enochia, a magical society that exists below the Earth's surface, filled with fantasy creatures and highly advanced humans.

The story makes its debut in issue 273 of Heavy Metal (pictured), which hits comics shops and bookstores Wednesday and is drawn by J.K. Woodward. The serialized story will run in the magazine through the year.

Lewis spent 15 years as a development and production television executive, working at Sony, Fox, and NBC Universal before leaving her position as vp programming and production at G4 when the channel was shuttered to pursue a career in writing. She is now writing a teen fantasy series for the Macmillan imprint Tor Books. Lewis is repped by Sally Wofford-Girand at Union Literary, The Cartel and Jackoway Tyerman.

Barrowman broke out on BBC's Doctor Who when he played Captain Jack Harkness, which led to his own spinoff show, Torchwood. He now plays Malcolm Merlyn, aka The Dark Archer on Arrow. As a producer, his production company Barrowman Barker Productions has been involved in British variety show Tonight's The Night and reality series The Small Animal Hospital.

Krelitz has several projects in developments, including the adaptation of the Image Comics title, Peter Panzerfaust, with BBC, as well as the Wizard of Oz-themed Red Brick Road, set up at Warner Bros. and Lifetime Network.

He worked with Barrowman on the digital series Torchwood: Web of Lies.

Krelitz teamed up with Boxenbaum, a co-founder of A&M/Octone Records, to buy Heavy Metal in March 2014 and relaunch with a multi-media focus.

Source