Type keyword(s) to search

Arrow Stars in Other Roles

• Start Topic

I watched the old Turtles movies and cartoons, but I couldn't tell you the "original" origin story for Casey Jones.  I've pretty much resigned myself to watching this Michael Bey film for Stephen, but I think I only care to spoil myself for his background if it happens to involve a tragic lack of shirts.  Because I'm a tragedy hound, like that.

• Love 6

Having seen the first TMNT where Megan Fox was nothing like April O'Neil and she's a far more important character then Casey Jones. I wasn't expecting much from this movie anyway. Even with Stephen, I don't think I can bring myself to spend 10 bucks on it. The first one was watched because of a free Redbox rental. 

Even with that I had to watch the movie as if it had characters that happened to have name names as a show I loved when I was little. But was in no way associated with it.

I don't think there was an origin story for Casey Jones in the original cartoon series. Or the movies. (I have no idea about the comics.) He was just introduced as a vigilante, without much of a (if any) backstory.

I was tempted but that was a whole lot of story to wade through just for a flash of skin. 

Um, maybe someone could point me to the um, "better" episodes?

He's in the third season, I think. At least watch the first ep of his. I think he's in every one that season, and he plays a doofus pretty well.

• Love 2
(edited)

I was tempted but that was a whole lot of story to wade through just for a flash of skin. 

Um, maybe someone could point me to the um, "better" episodes? 

SA shows up in the third season. This is from that first ep, I believe.

stephen-amell-in-hung-episode-workout-45

Or what apinknightmare just said :P

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1
(edited)

If you think that still is Oh-my-worthy, you're in for a treat:

http://queenpartyoft...p-gif-is-really

Oh my giddy aunt! 

I took a peek at the gif set and now I feel a bit dirty, like I saw something I should not have.   I think I went without a shirtless Oliver in season three too long.  I don't seem to be able to freely objectify him like I assumed I would want to.  Maybe it's because he looks so young in the first image. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3

Katrina Law has been cast in a pilot for ABC Family.  She said on her Facebook page that it shouldn't effect her time on Arrow, however long that might be.  Glad for her, even if the show doesn't seem all that interesting to me (basically sounds like a "rip from the headlines" thing about that whole Amanda Knox story years back.) But I'll probably watch every damn episode as long as she's there.

• Love 1

That's got to be one of the worst trailers I've ever seen. After 2 minutes, I have no definitive clue about what the movie is about. I have some ideas but nothing concrete. I'm not even sure what genre the movie falls into. It does look like a well shot advertisement for a cell phone though.

• Love 6

The only thing definitive I got from that was that the Samsung Galaxy is way too big to be usable for Caity Lotz (and the rest of us small handed folk). 

Also, who though mixing two shitty fonts would be a good idea? It looks like it was made on Windows Movie Maker five years ago, by a bunch of 13 year olds. Caity Lotz deserves better. 

• Love 2

Netflix. X-Files. Susanna Thompson.

I always find it a bit surreal to see an actress I'm used at a certain age and then to see them in their younger years. It confuses me for a moment, like their voice should be 'younger.' LOL

Anyone see this 2007 Hallmark or Lifetime movie called Montana Sky?  Charlotte Ross plays one of three half-sisters who inherit this ranch from their deceased father and have to live on it for a year in order to inherit fully.  It was only 8 years ago, but CR seems much younger in it. 

Edited by tv echo

Anyone see this 2007 Hallmark or Lifetime movie called Montana Sky?  Charlotte Ross plays one of three half-sisters who inherit this ranch from their deceased father and have to live on it for a year in order to inherit fully.  It was only 8 years ago, but CR seems much younger in it. 

I know I watched it (I tend to see all the Nora Roberts adaptation no matter how bad).  I couldn't though for the life of me tell you CR was in it or what her storyline was.  Sister power!

Here's a fan montage of scenes from Montana Sky (CR is easy to spot, she played the city sophisticate sister who wanted to return to her Hollywood life asap)...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Annie Ilonzeh - who played Joanna (Laurel's friend) - has landed a recurring role on Graceland...

'Graceland' Season 3 Spoilers: 'Arrow' Actress Joins Show in Recurring Role, Episode 9 Teaser [Watch]
By Milly Contreras  Aug 19, 2015 04:48 PM EDT
http://www.latinpost.com/articles/73128/20150819/graceland-season-3-spoilers-arrow-actress-joins-show-in-recurring-role-episode-9-teaser-watch.htm

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Netflix. X-Files. Susanna Thompson.

I always find it a bit surreal to see an actress I'm used at a certain age and then to see them in their younger years. It confuses me for a moment, like their voice should be 'younger.' LOL

Awww, I'll forever love that Susanna Thompson appeared on one of my favorite shows ever...too bad that episode ("Space") was so, so bad.

The first time I ever saw Susanna Thompson was in the Star Trek Deep Space Nine Season 4 episode "Rejoined" where she played the wife of one of Jadzia Dax' former hosts in a new body. Dax' species carries a symbiont that lives from host to host and carries their memories. The episode was made in 1995 and was quite boundary breaking at the time for featuring two women kiss. Susanna Thompson talks about the episode in a DVD featurette recorded in 2002. She looks quite like how Moira looked in the flashbacks on Arrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkTMNHC2smM

• Love 1

Watching an early episode of New Girl. I knew that SA shows up later but didn't know that KC was in the third episode (the wedding one). She was the girl Schmidt had a thing for in college. She is very blonde and as skinny as now but I swear the shape of her face still looks different. Four years I guess makes a big difference.