Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

The rest of the show was meh.  I liked Sharon with Noah and Mariah, but the other Thanksgiving scenarios were boring.

It was all meh, wasn't it? The Sharon scenes bored me too. Boy, they really took a week off.

It appeared that Jack the dummy got a clue when Phyllis said of course his dalliance while she was comatose is over "otherwise we wouldn't be engaged." He had the squinty eyed, "hmmm That Phyllis is Up to No Good" look.

• Love 1

Stitch, you now have no biological tie to Victoria. Run! Fly free, you silly bird! So few escape the black hole of the Newman family, a narcissistic void from which no light nor joy may escape. There's a reason Vicky has "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" tattooed on her pelvis. There's no hope for Billy; save yourself!

• Love 9

I haven't watched the show in a few days (it is PVR'd) so came here to find out the baby daddy. So Billy, eh? All that means to me is that somewhere down the road there will be a question of paternity and Stitch will really be the sperm donor. And 100 year old Victor will shake his fist that he was right again - should never have trusted the lab in G.C. not to screw up.

• Love 3

I hate Nick. I hate that this show has him a victim of a BEAR TRAP no less. And that fucking moron defending her poor widdle daddy. Hated the editing that had Summer saying "You HURT my DAD" followed by the asshole in that bear trap repeatedly. Give it up show -- NICK IS NOT A VICTIM IN THIS STORY.

I actually understand that Summer would be pissed at Sharon but I don't want to see the scenes between them. I'd rather see Jack and Sharon have a scene. But they won't bother. Fucking Dummer defending Daddy is more important than two characters with rich history who could have a very powerful scene over this.

I'm glad the kid is Billy's mostly because Stitch is being deified at the moment and I just couldn't stand this throwaway character being tied to a Newman forever. JT is bad enough. Plus I don't like the Russells. I don't mind Stitch because it's good to have a non-Newman, non-Abbott hot man around. But Kelly and Maureen can take a hike.

• Love 4

IA that a Sharon/Jack scene would be very emotional and well done by the actors in spite of any shitty writing. However, Dummer and her portrayer are special pets of JFP's so she HAS to get the scene instead. I understand her anger but FFS can she express herself a little shrieky and maybe actually listen? 

I'm personally quite disgusted with the way this show mocks the idea of mental illness. Nikki can kill while drunk, don't even get me started on that asshole Victor, Phyllis tries to run people down, hire thugs to beat the crap out of someone or malign them in a magazine out of spite because she's "passionate", Nick can lie for 18 years becasue he had a sad over Cassie but God forbid that Sharon changes a letter and lies for year because she was sick. Really show? If anyone has a reason that should excuse her actions, it's Sharon but no, she must suffer for eternity over something done during a serious breakdown that no gave a big enough shit to notice. 

Edited by PatsyandEddie
  • Love 10

NICK IS NOT A VICTIM IN THIS STORY.

But, but, but, but, but Summer was cruelly ripped out of his arms and he didn't lay eyes on her for a whole year! No phone calls, no e-mails, no letters scrawled in crayon...NOTHING! Nick didn't know if his sperm's greatest failure was alive or dead! Oh the paternal longing, the emptiness clawing away at his heart! Why him, lord, why him?

What? Summer was so deeply entrenched in his backside that Nick was referred to a proctologist to have a weepy anal cyst removed? My bad.

I'm personally quite disgusted with the way this show mocks the idea of mental illness.

Seriously. If they had made Sharon generic soap crazy or showed her changing the test out of cold, calculated malice, that would be one thing and the level of anger would be appropriate. However, they gave her a very real illness that plenty of viewers would be familiar with and proceeded to make a mockery of it. They weren't making jokes about Dylan's PTSD (that I can recall) or Nikki's MS, and I can't imagine they'll make light of Michael's cancer battle. They don't even use the ignorance and cruelty of people like the Newmans to educate or enlighten; I really think we're supposed to snicker along with them and boo Sharon. I'm not asking for extreme realism or afterschool special levels of schlock, but the show made it's bed with the bipolar diagnosis and now it has to lie in it.

• Love 10

I couldn't stand Summer standing there attacking Sharon and saying how her mom was right in everything she said about her when she was little. Lets forget Phyllis was a nutcase who went into Sharon's room and used scissors to cut up all her clothes and ran down people in their car on purpose. Let's see Summer defend when Phyllis does what ever she does to Kelly and Jack.  

And after the ECT Sharon did help Summer more than anyone, and she behaves like Sharon has nobody that loves her? She's got her children. She actually has more than Phyllis, who does Phyllis have? Jack (who is still iffy with Kelly), Summer (there's a prize) and her sister Avery. How is that different than Sharon having Noah, Faith, and Mariah? Heck she even has Dylan who likes her and I'm sure Hilary isn't going to pass judgement she'll be on her friends side. I doubt Neil would hate Sharon over it or Kelly. So in fact Sharon has more friends and family than Phyllis does. Yet Sharon is supposed to be the root of all evil and have nobody that loves her? Summer needs to shut up and sit down and so do the writers.

I wish Adam knew that Nick was trying to take Faith from Sharon, he'd leave him in that bear trap where he belongs.

They gave the baby to Billy? Ugh, I can get it if it was BM's Billy. But this Billy? No I just  can't get behind his version to care that he now has a child. I guess it's just another Abby in the making an Abbott/Newman tie to have them fight over.

• Love 6

Strange...Victoria asked the doctor if the lab was secure when she went to the hospital to get the results and he told her that yes it was, yet Sharon is suppose to have been able to waltz right in there and change Summer's results..

• Love 7

Strange...Victoria asked the doctor if the lab was secure when she went to the hospital to get the results and he told her that yes it was, yet Sharon is suppose to have been able to waltz right in there and change Summer's results..

And even stranger is that Victoria has to know that this is the very same lab that Sharon supposedly snuck into and changed the test for Summer's paternity! We seriously need an eye roll button on here! lol

• Love 8

Sage prolly set the bear trap, she seems to like finding injured men around the grounds of the castle.

Thank you, Peacheslatour!  Why that damn trap was there was getting on my last nerve.

• Love 5

What is it with this show and implausible keeping of secrets? Why the FUCK doesn't Jack tell Phyllis that Kelly is the woman he dated? And why doesn't Phyllis admit she knows??????? As if this isn't bad enough, now Michael is keeping his cancer a secret to the point that he will risk his own life? I can't with this shit. 

I suspect Kelly (and god but CM was into her freak shriek version of "acting" again) will decide to play Phyllis and plan this wedding. Because I see no other reason why she wouldn't just tell Phyllis she was the ONE. But how could Jack just sit back and allow this? It's so stupid. 

On a happier note, I quite enjoy Mariah. It's like she is OUR voice on the show, especially with respect to Dummer the Snowflake.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 7

I like bitchy Phyllis too. But how is she sticking it to Jack and Kelly? She's the one who fears they still have something going on. (As she indicated to Michael.) If Kelly plans the wedding, it will be so she can stick it to Phyllis. Phyllis knows about Kelly so she'll know Kelly is planning something if/when she agrees to plan the wedding. So why would Phyllis INSIST??? IT MAKES NO SENSE. When she flashed the ring in Kelly's face, okay, I got it. She stuck it to her. But now what? Jack is going to let Kelly plan the wedding? Seriously? It's ludicrous. Oh and the WHOLE TOWN will not mention that Kelly dated Jack??? Even while Kelly plans Phack's wedding? Gah. 

Make. It. Stop.

I did enjoy Michael and Phyllis's scenes. I think GT continues to rock. Best recast I've seen in a long, long time.

• Love 3

It was all meh, wasn't it? The Sharon scenes bored me too. Boy, they really took a week off.

Bored me too..

But how is she sticking it to Jack and Kelly? She's the one who fears they still have something going on.

I don't see that at all. I see her making Jack pay for his dishonesty and she is making them both squirm.. Love that.

Best recast I've seen in a long, long time.

Do I ever agree.  I did not think I would be ok with a Phyllis recast.. But GT is great.. she makes me realize how badly the Phyllis character is needed.

• Love 2

now Michael is keeping his cancer a secret to the point that he will risk his own life?

I hope this is going to be a PSA for trusting medicine and losing the secret inducing pride.  It boggles my little mind as to how he can trust tomatoes over people who have researched/studied/tested and have successfully treated cancers.  He doesn't have to tell everyone his boys are in trouble-(if shame is what it's about ).   Still, at the funeral, Lauren can encourage everyone to make a donation to the Heinz/Del Monte Cancer Institute.  

• Love 7

And what was up with her lips today?  Did she get injections or something?

I said that last week about that video clip and her face only barely moving through her chin but yesterday was unbelievable!  Daisy Duck!!  Her top lip stuck straight out with zero movement and watching her try to talk was painful.  It reminded me of having lots of freezing from the dentist and then watching yourself talk in the mirror, the spirit is willing but the muscles aren't.

• Love 4

I don't get the whole plastic surgery thing.  To me, it doesn't make a person look younger, it looks like a person who has had work done.  That, in my opinion, makes those who had work done oddly appear older than they actually are.

• Love 7

I don't get the whole plastic surgery thing.  To me, it doesn't make a person look younger, it looks like a person who has had work done.  That, in my opinion, makes those who had work done oddly appear older than they actually are.

I agree.  I watched a Bing Crosby special on T.V. last night and they had current interviews with Kathryn and Mary Crosby.  Jesus, talk about bizarre. They looked like that woman who had herself carved up to look like a cat of some kind.

• Love 3

Mary Crosby? Didn't she shoot JR Ewing?

I am watching today's Canadian episode, and I'm not giving anything away, but when you guys watch tomorrow in the US, particularly Nick's scene with Noah in the tacky house, I want you to look at the picture frame that is visible over Nick's left shoulder, and tell me if you notice anything odd about the picture inside.

• Love 1

Mariah and Noah are the best siblings Faith could have. She's lucky to have them both after seeing them on her side on today's episode compared to the spoiled brats of Nick and Summer. 

Loved Noah even pointing out to hypocrite Nick that he was the one who kept saying the secret didn't matter while Sharon was the one worried about it. 

Nick's been gone for days, away for Thanksgiving, instead of going to see Faith (who is walking distance away on the same property) he goes searching for a mystery woman. Yes, the judge should totally grant him custody!

• Love 4

Mary Crosby? Didn't she shoot JR Ewing?

I am watching today's Canadian episode, and I'm not giving anything away, but when you guys watch tomorrow in the US, particularly Nick's scene with Noah in the tacky house, I want you to look at the picture frame that is visible over Nick's left shoulder, and tell me if you notice anything odd about the picture inside.

Jesus, I'm dumb sometimes. I meant to post this in the other daily thread, not the Canadian one. Duh!

• Love 1

But how is she sticking it to Jack and Kelly? She's the one who fears they still have something going on.

I don't see that at all. I see her making Jack pay for his dishonesty and she is making them both squirm.. Love that.

Best recast I've seen in a long, long time.

Do I ever agree.  I did not think I would be ok with a Phyllis recast.. But GT is great.. she makes me realize how badly the Phyllis character is needed.

Totally agree with you - this is warming up to be a very interesting story with Jack, Phyllis, and Kelly.  I don't want Kelly to win - she drives me nuts, but I'm not sure I want Phyllis to win, either.  However, the prize here is Jack, and he needs re-working right now.  I want him back at Jabot, working and playing the real Jack.  I don't like the way they are writing him right now - I want the Jack who threw the chair through the window. And I think I like Phyllis doing exactly what she's doing - that's who she is.

• Love 3

I don't get it either.. it makes them look like they are aliens.. not younger..

• Love 2

I somehow get the feeling they are setting us up for a "who shot JR" with Phyllis. She's knowingly barreling through people, purposely hurting them, such as Kelly. Before you know it someone will try to kill her, and another travesty of a trial with the witch of the moment, Sharon. Another thing is the "coma juice" that could have "side effects". I think the previous writers left that as an out if she didn't work out. All this is speculation, just reading into what I've seen.

Just once, if there is a trial for custody of Faith, I want everything to come out, how "stable" Nick slept around, between sisters Phyllis, Avery, Sharon's "friend" Grace, and promising to stay with Sharon no matter what. I want everyone in GC to know that his father had someone gaslight Sharon, switch her meds so they didn't work and sabotage her mental health relationship with her doctor. All the dirty Newman laundry, see who is the "crazy" one. And poor "victim" Phyllis, I want her history of intentionally breaking up Sharon & Nick multiple times, her history including hit & run, dumpster sex etc. Let it all out if Nick takes her to court.

Oh well, not going to happen. They keep dumping on Sharon as if she intentionally did all she did, when she was ill. Then when she tried to get well, Victor tried his utmost to make sure she didn't.

• Love 9

I just read somewhere that Jack fires Stench on Monday. Does anyone know why?

It was in the preview for Monday from the Friday Canadian show.  I don't know why either but it is hilarious how Abby and Ashley both leapt up and yelled NO at the same time!  Abby because she said bad things I guess and of course Ashley because she is postcoital....LOL

• Love 5

Probably for being falling down drunk on the job. I mean he works in a lab with chemicals and dangerous equipment, what could go wrong?

I don't like that new twerp Tobias nerding up the joint. He looks so fake with those heavy black frame glasses, and dweeby hair, and reedy voice. All he needs is a pocket protector and Nick giving him a wedgie to complete the stereotype. I thought we had our geek quota with Kevin and Avery.

• Love 6

She's knowingly barreling through people, purposely hurting them, such as Kelly

Who besides Kelly and Jack is she messing with? 

And poor "victim" Phyllis, I want her history of intentionally breaking up Sharon & Nick multiple times, her history including hit & run, dumpster sex etc. Let it all out if Nick takes her to court.

Why should Phyllis's past come out in a custody case for the idiot and the caveman?

Yes the slap looks like a serious smack. lol. So Phyllis was all pissy about having been forgotten -- I get that but why now? I don't understand how she's been playing so cool for all these days (no idea how much time has passed on the show) that she's known about Jack and Kelly. Why'd she lose it now? The penthouse sale was a trigger? Really? And on what planet would someone as rich as Jack have to sell the penthouse to buy Summer a Barbie Townhouse? Aren't these people kazillionaires?

Anyways I don't care. As long as this stupid game of chicken is over. it'll be better than it's been. Let them all have it out. I'm kneeling by my bedside every night praying Kelly does not say she's pregnant.

I cannot believe Cricket and Paul are going to have a baby???? This is no doubt a plot point for something. I hope they are not doing a Sheila or an Adam baby switch and Kelly goes crazy and takes the bug's baby....aaaah nooooooo why did my mind even go there....

• Love 5

I cannot believe Cricket and Paul are going to have a baby???? This is no doubt a plot point for something.

I'm almost certain that (assuming she actually is pregnant as she hasn't gotten confirmation from a doctor) it'll be a toc.

Edited by drtslim
  • Love 1

Dummer did not deserve to be attacked like that by her mother. Dums drives me crazy with her whining but that was totally unfair and unprovoked. Phyl is a horrorific bitch.

I found it almost abusive. Being accused of not loving your mom enough?? It was vile.
  • Love 3

Wow, Kelly won that battle hands down, Phyllis was shocked at who she pitted herself against...Kelly slapped Phyllis and all the big powerful big mouth did was say we are done and turns to leave ,like Hell we are says Kelly and as Phyllis is trying to get out of there at the bottom of the stairs, Kelly grabs her again and spins her around and is right back in her face when Jack comes in and yells, Kelly......I say go Kelly!!!

• Love 7

No, Kelly chased her down the stairs and grabbed her at the bottom of the stairs as Phyllis was trying to get away...Kelly is a force to be reckoned with..big ole Red got quite the surprise...LOL

Edited by Canadian
  • Love 3