Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

Miamama, you have an uncanny way of seeing both sides of everything, and cutting through the crap that is this show.  I agree with everything you have said here and just feel sometimes we don't let people know we appreciate their posts.  I so wanted to see a really sweet scene with Jack and Sharon, too and have been so disgusted with the writing.  Sharon and Jack are 2 of my favorites and their friendship has always been unique.  I have enjoyed your posts since I joined this board and just wanted to let you know.

How sweet you are, movinon!! Thank you. It means a lot. I love this board for all the thoughtful comments, including yours.

I seriously think the writers have some weird thing with Sharon. She is continually written in a way that prevents her from reclaiming her title as heroine. Why would she say shit like "Nick is taking my daughter away from ME! How is that fair?" to JACK??????? It's like the writers set her up to be knocked down. 

Her apology that night she was outed didn't give Jack an opportunity to actually speak with her. It was a crying "I'm so sorry, Jack." I'm talking about seeking him out the way she followed Nick around for weeks begging for his love. If Sharon would have talked to Jack, one on one, without an agenda (i.e. her job) I honestly believe the character of Jack would have understood. But the way it was presented Jack would look like a complete fool if he went over Phyllis's head (she is the head of fashion now) and reinstated the woman who was responsible for putting her in a coma and for turning her kid's life upside down. I'm not saying Phyllis isn't worse. But in this case Jack cannot be the understanding one.

I was also recalling the night Sharon called 9-11 after Summer almost ODed. She didn't call Jack because she knew he wasn't Summer's dad. She called Nick. (This was pre-ECT.) This is another reason for Jack to not jump up and forgive Sharon. She was lying to him and making him look like a fool. I just don't see why Jack should be the one to help her out. (Especially when helping her out goes against his fiancee and an executive in his company.) He's doing more than can be expected by writing her a letter of recommendation. (Unlike Nick and the Newmans who want her to rot in hell.)

I knew this shit would happen when they went with this horrific Sharon switched the test story. They ruined everything, including Sharon and Jack's friendship. Which is one of my favourite on this show.

• Love 7

At least miamama, Jack and Sharon could have a chance to rebuild that friendship unlike Sharon and Victor. That one is dead in the water like Diane.

Well ,SC is a professional and she can roll with the punches as she has in the past. I agree that it's past time they stop abusing the character and the actress though. The trashing and bashing only makes me a bigger fan. 

• Love 6

knew this shit would happen when they went with this horrific Sharon switched the test story. They ruined everything, including Sharon and Jack's friendship. Which is one of my favourite on this show.

See it's this kind of crap that is ruining this show.  TPTB keep taking relationships that took years of careful crafting to bring to life and just threw them out the window.  I know it wasn't this regime, but another case in point is the father/daughter relationship between Victor and Sharon.  Shictor was almost the end for me, fortunately is was very short lived and we never saw them in bed.  If that had happened I would have been out for good.  *shudder*

• Love 8

IA peacheslatour. It was bad enough that they were shown being "cozy". I solved that by leaving the room whenever they were on. 

Jack and Adam were fantastic today! This Adam is going to work out well. JH and PB played it all perfectly. Having Adam off screen for several months is making this trasition much easier and I think it will be far more successful  than if TIIC had grabbed some guy from the lot and thrown him into the roll. ( like DT and now BuJ )

• Love 6

See it's this kind of crap that is ruining this show.  TPTB keep taking relationships that took years of careful crafting to bring to life and just threw them out the window.  I know it wasn't this regime, but another case in point is the father/daughter relationship between Victor and Sharon.  Shictor was almost the end for me, fortunately is was very short lived and we never saw them in bed.  If that had happened I would have been out for good.  *shudder*

I have to agree.I don't know why or what benefit it is to them to ruin these types of relationships.People for the most part enjoy them and know that they can count on so and so coming through for this or that character.I always felt reassured that no matter what happened to Sharon,Victor would always have her back. It made me so mad and sad too when that changed.Now it is just every man for himself and knocking people down and just stepping over them to get to the next victim.

• Love 7

The fact Faith was on Nick's watch when she ran off, Sharon better use against him. Nick wouldn't blink twice about using it against Sharon if the roles were reversed. He'd be attacking and blaming her right and left for not watching her and letter her run away, to declare how bad a parent she was.

• Love 6

That asshole Nick IS blaming Sharon for Faith's running away! Even though she was at his house when she took off! The fucking nerve!

Also, WTF? They're SORASing things that happened less than a year ago? (Although, after Chelsea's 10-lb premature baby, I shouldn't be surprised...) Jack just said that a year ago at this time, Adam's car went into the embankment. Didn't that only happen in January of this year? What bullshit.

Edited by Capricasix
  • Love 4

And ANOTHER thing. When Sage encounterd Billy and Chelsea at the roadside memorial, she explained her presence there by saying that she had a flat tire down the road. She then said something, I forget what, about the market nearby. Now, unless I'm imagining this, she indicated that the flat occurred down the road *in the opposite direction from the market*. (I know the flat tire was just an excuse.) How would she know about the market? Unless she really is the one who hit Delia?

I think I'm overthinking this - definitely more thought than the writers put into the storylines!

• Love 5

Jack got fucked over. In Sharon's unwell state and determination to get Nick back he was pure collateral damage. And she hasn't gone to see him to apologize. For weeks she has obsessed about that LOSER Nick. She didn't bother to see Jack until she wanted her job. Its kind of shitty (and it's more out of character writing for Sharon)

This is the sharon I have always seen. A selfish bitch who does not care who she hurts as long as she gets NICHOLASSSSSSSSSSS.

but didn't Sharon apologize to Jack when she made her confession?

She said she regretted what she did.. but not a heartfelt apology. And then he only got that after she was wanting something.. typical selfish Saint Sharon.

I seriously think the writers have some weird thing with Sharon. She is continually written in a way that prevents her from reclaiming her title as heroine. Why would she say shit like "Nick is taking my daughter away from ME! How is that fair?"

She has lost that title forever. She is now one of the bad girls on the show and that will never change. Saint Sharon is never fair. It is always all about her.

That asshole Nick IS blaming Sharon for Faith's running away! Even though she was at his house when she took off! The fucking nerve!

Nick and Sharon need to realize that they share an equal responsibility in Faith's confusion..it's true she ran away on Nick's watch, but she could just as easily have done it on Sharon's..he just left her alone for a few minutes in the living room...Sharon has done that many times also...those two need to sit down and explain to this child in language she can understand why sometimes parents can't be together and stop blaming each other for the mess they created, they are equally responsible here...I am sure there are children in her school, who have separated parents she can relate to..., this is GC after all..and they need to get that poor child to a child psychologist ASAP...I am a Sharon fan as you all now, but I can also see where she is at fault in this..I am definitely not tooting Nick's horn here either, he is acting like a spoiled child...Noah and Mariah are the voices of reason in all of this...

• Love 6

Nick and Sharon need to realize that they share an equal responsibility in Faith's confusion..it's true she ran away on Nick's watch, but she could just as easily have done it on Sharon's..he just left her alone for a few minutes in the living room...Sharon has done that many times also...those two need to sit down and explain to this child in language she can understand why sometimes parents can't be together and stop blaming each other for the mess they created, they are equally responsible here...I am sure there are children in her school, who have separated parents she can relate to..., this is GC after all..and they need to get that poor child to a child psychologist ASAP...I am a Sharon fan as you all now, but I can also see where she is at fault in this..I am definitely not tooting Nick's horn here either, he is acting like a spoiled child...Noah and Mariah are the voices of reason in all of this...

Totally agree with you Canadian.I am a big Sharon fan too and I will be the first to admit that she is in no way perfect or a saint and never was.She and Nick are both wrong here and as the adults they need to stop sugar coating everything for Faith and get professional help.She would be better able to understand what is happening..Nick needs to drop this custody suit pronto and Sharon needs to be more assertive in explaining to Faith that what she did can not be so easily forgiven right now and there is not going to be a marriage because of it.

• Love 6

Canadian and Slowpokey - My confusion from last night may remain, but these posts are beautifully written and completely fair.  Our characters on the show are like us - flawed because no one is perfect, and some with much better intentions than others.  I enjoy your posts and wanted to let you know how well thought out these are.  Thanks for being on this board. 

Edited by movinon
  • Love 6

Canadian and Slowpokey - My confusion from last night may remain, but these posts are beautifully written and completely fair.  Our characters on the show are like us - flawed because no one is perfect, and some with much better intentions than others.  I enjoy your posts and wanted to let you know how well thought out these are.  Thanks for being on this board. 

Thanks Movinon.You are so nice and I am glad you are here too.So many great and witty posters on here,even the ones I disagree with! lol Love this board! It is the best one anywhere!

• Love 3

I have been thinking about Sharon and why it is always different for her than the other characters.She always gets held to a higher or some what different standard than everyone else and I have never been able to understand why.Some characters like Phyllis and Victor never have to say I am sorry or offer any kind of apology. Phyllis taunts her victims like she did Christine and Victor uses the tired excuse he is doing it for his family. I might be wrong but I don't remember Adam apologizing to Nick about stealing his daughter.Yet Sharon is expected to apologize to everyone and must do it in an acceptable way or she is raked over the coals. It seems to me that Sharon apologizes a heck of a lot more than any character on the show and seems to feel real anguish.But some don't believe that is enough.

I feel like she was remorseful about what she did when she was talking to Jack.Sure I was disappointed that they didn't have her going to see him sooner and wish they could have talked before Phyllis fired her .I feel it would have been a different story if he had been there the first time she came back to work. I can understand why Jack feels the way that he does.Not blaming him at all but I say at least it was an apology. I really don't think Sharon should have to prostate herself and grovel at anyone's feet to say she's sorry about doing something while she was suffering a mental relapse.I guess that is one of the reasons that I like the character because when she screws up she owns it and always says she is sorry.No matter how sincere or convincing she says it I find that a pretty likable trait.Just my random thoughts tonight.

Edited by Slowpokey
  • Love 6

Slowpokey: I remember -- and it was actually during MAB I think -- when Sharon sat down with Jack and they were talking and she said something to the effect of "we always lose but not this time". They are both held to a different standard, which is one of many reasons I loved their friendship. But I will say about both of the actors, in that badly written scene in Jack's office they showed nuance. Something JM can't do. Jack looked conflicted - angry at Sharon but also feeling sad for her. He was able to handle a few emotions in that scene. God but I would have loved them to have a long honest talk right after the secret came out, when Jack's pain was raw and Sharon genuinely told him how sorry she was. It would have been gold.

• Love 6

You  know, even Victor of all people, has even pointed this out.  I remember a conversation he had with Nick, maybe two or three years ago and he said something like "why do you always hold Sharon to such a higher standard than Phyllis?"  I don't know maybe I dreamed it?

• Love 4

I feel like she was remorseful about what she did when she was talking to Jack.Sure I was disappointed that they didn't have her going to see him sooner and wish they could have talked before Phyllis fired her .I feel it would have been a different story if he had been there the first time she came back to work.

I think you are absolutely right.  I think the writing sucks and they don't give a shit about the friendship between Sharon and Jack. It would have been totally in character for Sharon to have gone to Jack immediately and apologize for hurting him. and it could have made a big difference.  If Jack and Sharon could have had a chance to work through it, maybe Sharon would have had a different job or perhaps Phyllis would have. Asking Phyllis and Sharon to work together would have been foolish, but Jabot is a large business.  Maybe it's a pipe dream, but I just want the friendship to continue, and I believe it will, eventually - probably because I am eternally stupid.

Edited by movinon
  • Love 3

I think you are absolutely right.  I think the writing sucks and they don't give a shit about the friendship between Sharon and Jack. It would have been totally in character for Sharon to have gone to Jack immediately and apologize for hurting him. and it could have made a big difference.  If Jack and Sharon could have had a chance to work through it, maybe Sharon would have had a different job or perhaps Phyllis would have. Asking Phyllis and Sharon to work together would have been foolish, but Jabot is a large business.  Maybe it's a pipe dream, but I just want the friendship to continue, and I believe it will, eventually - probably because I am eternally stupid.

Oh no you are not! If so then there are tons of us eternally stupid people that want the same thing! (:

You  know, even Victor of all people, has even pointed this out.  I remember a conversation he had with Nick, maybe two or three years ago and he said something like "why do you always hold Sharon to such a higher standard than Phyllis?"  I don't know maybe I dreamed it?

No you didn't dream it.I remember that conversation too.

• Love 5

Slowpokey: I remember -- and it was actually during MAB I think -- when Sharon sat down with Jack and they were talking and she said something to the effect of "we always lose but not this time". They are both held to a different standard, which is one of many reasons I loved their friendship. But I will say about both of the actors, in that badly written scene in Jack's office they showed nuance. Something JM can't do. Jack looked conflicted - angry at Sharon but also feeling sad for her. He was able to handle a few emotions in that scene. God but I would have loved them to have a long honest talk right after the secret came out, when Jack's pain was raw and Sharon genuinely told him how sorry she was. It would have been gold.

MIAMAMA  I remember that scene and thought it was awesome.Sharon and Jack had such a great relationship until that stupid diary business and Phyllis sending Sharon that bogus itemized credit card bill. I did like Shack's friendship although I didn't want them to be a couple. I hate what they are doing to them.You are so right about their scene at Jabot.Jack was clearly angry and hurt but still showed compassion towards Sharon.PB is the best actor on the show in my opinion and he and JM are in a completely different league.Yes it would have been wonderful if Sharon and Jack could have shared a scene right after the paternity reveal but these darn writers are not going to write anything to make either one of these characters look good.

• Love 5

I'll add my memory to that Slowpokey. Victor also told Nick that he thought the reason he did hold Sharon to that higher standard was because she is the love of his life. When she disappoints him, it is a major issue becasue of the esteem he holds her in. ( except he shows her that esteem like a real Newman :P )

PB and SC are true professionals in that they do their job with little or no complaining, even when they don't like the s/l. Unfortunately, the writers take advantage of that admirable trait and give these two some of the worst scenarios. Go figure! Reward the whiners, blowhards and bitchers but stab the true gems in the eye.

• Love 6

I'll add my memory to that Slowpokey. Victor also told Nick that he thought the reason he did hold Sharon to that higher standard was because she is the love of his life. When she disappoints him, it is a major issue becasue of the esteem he holds her in. ( except he shows her that esteem like a real Newman :P )

PB and SC are true professionals in that they do their job with little or no complaining, even when they don't like the s/l. Unfortunately, the writers take advantage of that admirable trait and give these two some of the worst scenarios. Go figure! Reward the whiners, blowhards and bitchers but stab the true gems in the eye.

Thanks P and E.I remember that's what Victor told Nick. Guess there may be some truth in that but it makes it hard for us Sharon fans who want her to be treated fairly. Yes PB and SC are pro's and they are constantly pooped on . Maybe they need to start bitching! Lol
  • Love 3

The only time I can remember hearing that SC complained was about Shictor and apparently she was told to do it or be fired. It seemed to me that MAB was desperately trying to get rid of her for some reason.  Talk about being shit on!! 

Yes I heard and read that too. MAB did not like SC and it was rumored that she was going to be fired and Sony stepped in and MAB was canned.Don't know if any of this is fact or rumor but it's the stone cold truth MAB did a lot of damage to Sharon Newman.I hope she never comes back to this show.

Edited by Slowpokey
  • Love 7

This is so true and I love these characters.  Sometimes I hate this show - mostly all the time.

• Love 2

I just watched today's Canadian, and that thing about the rabbit was so incredibly stupid. I love Mariah and Kevin separately and together, but that was dreck. It was so cheesy that I thought for sure it was going to be revealed that Kevin made it up to get her there for some Christmas surprise.

Also, I shall rant more about this in the regular thread after it airs in the US tomorrow, but there are some basic things about rabbit biology that render that whole story impossible. Gah!

Research, people. There's this thing called Google...

• Love 3

St.Jason of GH lives on Y&R.

Liked Dylan coming by with presents for Sharon and Faith. During the whole Sharon family Christmas, wondered what Summer was off doing since according to her Sharon has nobody that loves her. Yet Summer was the one onecast from spending the holiday with her siblings. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

Okay, what? Mckenna Grace is in the role of Faith today. How confusing!

It is confusing when they keep interchanging these actors, but actually the new one will probably be better right now.  While I understand it, they are writing Faith as bratty and unreasonable right now - she won't listen to Sharon or Nick, and just wants it all her way.  This new little girl acts that kind of part better, even though the current one was doing a good job.  They are both very good. jmo.  

• Love 2

It is confusing when they keep interchanging these actors, but actually the new one will probably be better right now.  While I understand it, they are writing Faith as bratty and unreasonable right now - she won't listen to Sharon or Nick, and just wants it all her way.  This new little girl acts that kind of part better, even though the current one was doing a good job.  They are both very good. jmo.  

Why did the old one leave in the first place, anyone know?  I mean she is age appropriate, a good little actress too so why did they switch.  I too thought it was a repeat episode.

• Love 1

I am confused about Faith going to the coffee shop with Victor,Chelsea and Connor. Earlier in the show at Victor and Nikki's house Nick and Faith were there with his parents and Nick told Nikki that Sharon was going to pick Faith up later and spend Christmas with her.Why did she go to Crimson Lights if her mom was going to pick her up?This show is just crazy and makes no sense!

• Love 3

Gee I thought it was to showcase the Newmans aka The Holy Family of GC. /sarcasm

Haven't seen the show.  Please don't tell me that the wee Katie is in a manger.  And where are you going to find three wise men in GC?

• Love 7

Because, my dear slowpokey, they all had to be at the coffeehouse for the Miracle of the Wood(en Boy) That Burned When Other Lights Failed!  Devil Sharon is the one that put out all the lights, dont'cha know.

DOH! I forgot about the Let's Blame Sharon rule! Thanks for reminding me about that! (;

• Love 6

On today's CDN, that dress that Phyllis and Kelly both wore was just about the ugliest thing ever.

So Kelly is going the BSC route?

So who did you think looked better?  I haven't seen it on Phyl yet, but on Kelly it looked like something my grandmother would wear.

• Love 5

It looked truly horrific on Kelly (her neck is too short I think), so I guess it looked better on Phyllis, but really it was a horror on both of them.  They must have sent the wardrobe people out looking for the most ugly dress they could find.

Kelly snarks to Phyllis that she "fills out her dress" better than Phyllis.  Yeah that is true, but not in a good way.

• Love 5

I actually liked the dress on Kelly, but it looked horrendous on Phyllis and not believable at all that it is something she would have picked out. I found most of the NY Eve dresses to be horrible (maybe that is why I didn't mind Kelly in hers). Do the actresses get any say in what they wear? Avery, Summer, Abby, Noah's GF whose name escapes me, Cricket - I could go on and on. I did like Gwen's dress but I think it was the colour as much as anything.

I do like this Kelly that likes to taunt Phyllis and can hold her own. They can keep this version around. I loved it when she told Jack that he was stuck with Phyllis - lol.

• Love 5

So who did you think looked better?  I haven't seen it on Phyl yet, but on Kelly it looked like something my grandmother would wear.

Difficult to say who looked best in that horrid dress, what a terrible choice for both of them, and Summer looked atrocious in her attire, had to laugh at Phyllis thinking Summer looked gorgeous, what a pair of freaks those two are...Phyllis didn't really look much better when she changed into that red dress though, I think Kelly is going to be a force to be reckoned with as far as Phyllis and Jack are concerned, wouldn't it be hilarious if she put an octopus in their bed?

Edited by Canadian
  • Love 5