Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

^^^^^^Sharon has an illness which results in some bizarre behaviour. At least she can be medicated which gives her balance. Phyllis, OTOH, is simply a bitch which there isn't a pill for. She has complete control over what she does and says. She's just immature and insecure.  Sadly, Dummer is just dense.

• Love 12

Phyllis, OTOH, is simply a bitch which there isn't a pill for. She has complete control over what she does and says. She's just immature and insecure.

I think this perfectly describes Dummer. On the other hand I think Phyllis is much more than a bitch. She (IMO of course) is a narcissist at best, a psychopath at worst. I lean more towards psychopath due to the crimes she has committed with no remorse whatsoever. Dummer could very well turn out to be one or the other as well but right now bitch describes her perfectly. Oh, and dumb of course.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 6

Okay, Nikki, you're a wealthy woman, remember?

When Victor throws the same tired rationale at you, you don't have to stand there frozen-ass in the living room. You don't have to sneak a drink all alone. Rustle up one of the private planes, order a few cases of Stoli, and off the to pastures new...

• Love 10

OMG, was there a behind the scenes contest to see which actress could wear the ugliest dress? Summer with her hideously flowered orange/black/silver nightmare, or Abby with her black and white flowers-on-steriods number. One can certainly see how these two are related - neither have a once of taste where cothing is concerned.

Why oh why doesn't someone point out to Summer when she criticizes Sharon, and in turn Mariah as Sharon's daughter, that she is the spawn of someone much more cray cray than Sharon? Gee Dummer, do you plan to run someone down like Mommy dearest? Or change a paternity test too? Sharon may have done that, but so did your beloved mudder. In fact your mother's deceitfulness resulted in your brother not know who his own father was. Sound familiar? And surely you realize that you are only on this earth because your mother saw nothing wrong with going after a married man, and getting preggers by him. I don't know Dummer, I think you should be more worried about turning out like your mother than worried about Mariah taking after hers.

What?  I don't know about this.  Phyllis changed Noah's paternity test?  Why would that be, wasn't he born long before Phick?

• Love 2

What?  I don't know about this.  Phyllis changed Noah's paternity test?  Why would that be, wasn't he born long before Phick?

No - Phyllis changed Daniel's paternity test, or rather had Sasha do it for her.  His father was Brian something I can't remember, but she had the test show that Danny was his father so he would marry her.  At least, that's the way I remember it, She later lost custody to Danny even though he wasn't Daniel's father, because of one of her crazy stunts that I can't remember now either.  Forgive me, I am old - maybe someone else can explain it in more detail.

Edited by movinon
  • Love 5

Oh my, I completely forgot about Daniel!  I was trying to think, does Dummer have another brother?!  Thanks for clearing that up movinon.  Of course none of Phyllis past transgressions count, although Cricket took a nice little shot at her NYE, re mowing down people.

• Love 5

Yes, IIRC she had Sacha change the test, and when Sacha was down on her luck and (I believe) attempting to blackmail Phyllis, she was found as a charred corpse in the motel in which she'd been staying. There was some implication that Phyllis had a hand in it.

• Love 4

Okay, under the heading of stretching credibility:

a) Ashley still hot for Stitch--nononono! Dear, you may be between stations at the moment, but, there are limits.

And in a whole separate category, all of its own...the Winters family and assorted hangers-on:

b) Gwen arriving at the GCAC, all ready to retail her exploits with Devon--that last phrase won't work--I can't conjure up the right word there.

c) Gwen retailing whatever to Neil. Tasteless or what?

d) Neil just happening to find Hilary's blister pack of BC pills. C'mon, Hilary, other stuff comes in blister packs...you can handle this.

e) Lily all ready to carry on with estrogen-watch before attempting a business conversation.

Under the heading of equally dubious, but soapy good:

a) Abby, doing anything.

b) Hot-sheet suite switcheroo! Nice play, Kelly! In fact, nicely played all 'round.

Parts of the show have improved, it's true. But this Winters thing...

• Love 3

And Kelly in yet another boring blue lace dress, they are in love with lace on her especially!  And those friggin' zippers are driving me mad!  They are like an inch wide and take over the dress, a horrible look!  That was always a sign of something poorly made if the zipper was exposed!

• Love 2

Well, looks like Kelly really is doing a good job so far of making Jack think Phyllis is the unstable one. Today's U.S. scene between the three of them in Jack's office shows Jack giving Old Red the side-eye once he learns how Phyllis lured Kelly there using his cell phone. Lol. I can't deny that I'm loving Phyllis getting the tables turned on her for a change, even if it is by Kelly. If given the chance, I think Kelly could be a great combatant for psycho Phyl and make for some good cat fights. Me thinks Phyllis may have finally met her match.

It seemed to me that they were dropping a lot of hints the other day that something explosive was going to happen between Kelly and Phyllis. As I type this I've been watching today's episode, and all I'm thinking is "Who is gonna get rid of whom?"

Edited by C76
  • Love 1

It seemed to me that they were dropping a lot of hints the other day that something explosive was going to happen between Kelly and Phyllis. As I type this I've been watching today's episode, and all I'm thinking is "Who is gonna get rid of whom?"

Oh you know they won't get rid of freshly minted Phyliss!

• Love 2

And Kelly in yet another boring blue lace dress, they are in love with lace on her especially!  And those friggin' zippers are driving me mad!  They are like an inch wide and take over the dress, a horrible look!  That was always a sign of something poorly made if the zipper was exposed!

That's what I always thought but I'm seeing them all over the place, espcially on designer dresses. I think it's hideous personally, but then I'm not into haute couture so what do I know?

• Love 1

Oh you know they won't get rid of freshly minted Phyliss!

Exactly. ;)

For now I think the writers are enjoying making people wonder. I missed the first part of today's debacle, but I believe I caught the most important parts. As I watched, I remember thinking,"This is a little too scary." I thought I knew this show's version of crazy, then I saw Kelly. In a way I'm glad to see that Phyllis has met her match. It's as though Kelly is as crazy as Phyllis used to be.

Yet somehow I think Kelly is a little more unstable, and therefore, dangerous. 

Edited by C76
  • Love 3

Can Victor be prosecuted for the gas lighting?

Only if Sharon is prosecuted for arson. LOL

. He gave Mariah a key to Sharon's home and told her to use it to torment Sharon. The ranch may be his but Sharon's home is her own

Then Mariah would be liable too.

• Love 1

I would love to see them off each other, both certified crazy, both a waste of space, no need for either character to make an interesting story line, both completely useless........just get rid of both...

• Love 2

I lean more towards psychopath due to the crimes she has committed with no remorse whatsoever

I hope this is true.. then she will get the same free pass Sharon has gotten for her mental issues.. cant blame the girl if she is crazy... sharon sure gets that free pass.,

Exactly. ;)

For now I think the writers are enjoying making people wonder. I missed the first part of today's debacle, but I believe I caught the most important parts. As I watched, I remember thinking,"This is a little too scary." I thought I knew this show's version of crazy, then I saw Kelly. In a way I'm glad to see that Phyllis has met her match. It's as though Kelly is as crazy as Phyllis used to be.

Yet somehow I think Kelly is a little more unstable, and therefore, dangerous. 

I am absolutely loving the fact that Phyllis is now up against someone who is just as crazy as herself.....she is beginning to feel the same way those she tormented for years has felt...I couldn't find an ounce of compassion for that character no matter how much torment Kelly puts her through...give it all you've got Kelly, Phyllis has gotten away with her bullying for years, it is pay back time for sure...even though I am not a fan of the character Kelly, I love what she is doing to Phyllis, if she was doing it to any other character I would not be rooting for her, but because it is Phyllis, I say Go Kelly!!

• Love 11

I am absolutely loving the fact that Phyllis is now up against someone who is just as crazy as herself.....she is beginning to feel the same way those she tormented for years has felt...I couldn't find an ounce of compassion for that character no matter how much torment Kelly puts her through...give it all you've got Kelly, Phyllis has gotten away with her bullying for years, it is pay back time for sure...even though I am not a fan of the character Kelly, I love what she is doing to Phyllis, if she was doing it to any other character I would not be rooting for her, but because it is Phyllis, I say Go Kelly!!

Looks like they have finally got another psychopath to go toe to toe with the psychopathic Phyllis. Sharon,Christine and Diane did not have that hard drive wired in to them to compete with her,though Diane came close,but Kelly is already in full throttle psycho bitch mode!  Should be entertaining and interesting to see how this is going to turn out! lol  Of course Phyl is going to win but I sure hope we get to see a lot of karmic pay back before that plays out!! (:

• Love 8

I would love to see them off each other, both certified crazy, both a waste of space, no need for either character to make an interesting story line, both completely useless........just get rid of both...

I wish they would have let the Phyllis character die.She is a psychopath and people just ho hum away all the evil she does and still treat her as though she is completely normal.I know they will never get rid of her but to me nothing she does is taken seriously because she is always expected to be unethical and plain nasty and nobody holds her responsible and she never has to pay.You chalk it up to just Phyl being Phyl. I love it that Kelly is giving her a taste of what she gave to others! (:

Edited by Slowpokey
  • Love 7

Looks like they have finally got another psychopath to go toe to toe with the psychopathic Phyllis. Sharon,Christine and Diane did not have that hard drive wired in to them to compete with her,though Diane came close,but Kelly is already in full throttle psycho bitch mode!  Should be entertaining and interesting to see how this is going to turn out! lol  Of course Phyl is going to win but I sure hope we get to see a lot of karmic pay back before that plays out!! (:

Agreed. I had been dreading the awakening of Phyllis with the same equal measure of boredom I had developed with Cady's retooled version of PollyannaKelly.  But since these two have bared their fangs and been going stiletto to stiletto, it has been really entertaining! Rarely am I able to fully put aside my dislike for a character, an actor or a particular storyline and just go for the ride - but in this case - I am (so far) having a lot of fun on this crazytrain.

• Love 9

b) Gwen arriving at the GCAC, all ready to retail her exploits with Devon--that last phrase won't work--I can't conjure up the right word there.

I am totally stealing this from the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader "Making the Team" reality show, but I like the term "cash & prizes" lol.

• Love 2

So, do we think that maybe Phyllis is having blackouts, and does things without remembering them later? I can't remember if this was in yesterday's preview for today's show, or on the show proper, but Jack produced a card from the florist and told Phyl that she herself had ordered the flowers, and she looked stunned. I'm wondering if she's blacking out as a result of being given the coma juice...

• Love 5

So, do we think that maybe Phyllis is having blackouts, and does things without remembering them later? I can't remember if this was in yesterday's preview for today's show, or on the show proper, but Jack produced a card from the florist and told Phyl that she herself had ordered the flowers, and she looked stunned. I'm wondering if she's blacking out as a result of being given the coma juice...

Nah, she just needs to eat a couple of live mice, and she'll be fine.

• Love 10

As much as I'd love to have her suffer side effects from Victor's dangerous pressuring the use of a higher dose of the coma juice, and Victor suffering the consequences, I think it will turn out to be Abby gas lighting her. She is her father's daughter, they've shown her sneaking in the lab, I could see her setting up the hotel rooms, the gowns, draining (or getting someone to drain) the gas tank at NY Eve and so on.

But I like the live mice idea as well!

• Love 3

I was hoping that Kelly was giving Psycho Phyl a taste of her own medicine, but thought it would be more likely that PP was gaslighting Kelly. Too bad. And really, Jack was so quick to believe that just because the person ordering the flowers had blonde hair that it had to be Kelly? Does he really think Psycho Phyl would go to all of that trouble and show up at the florist as herself?  I know sometimes Jack isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but sheesh. At this point he really does deserve Phyllis.

Oops, just read your post Thumper. So do you think Abby is gaslighting Psycho Phyl or Kelly? I don't see it myself - I think Phyl is trying to destroy Kelly because she is just that evil. Not to mention how could Phyllis miss a blonde wig in her purse? And I think I asked this before as maybe I missed something (I do sometimes ff) - how would Kelly (or anyone for that matter including Abby) know that Jack and Phyl were going to arrive at the GCAC seperately on NYE? Wasn't it a last minute decision? How would anyone know ahead of time to empty Phyllis' gas tank? And even if someone did, how could they make sure her phone was dead so she could not call a taxi to get to the GCAC rather than having to walk?

• Love 3

I'm watching today's episode. I loved the shot of Phyllis' blonde wig just before she sat down with Jack. Ever time their story comes up, I'm actually engaged. I don't believe Phyllis slapped Kelly that day in Jack's office, but good grief. Her wigtastic adventures have left me thinking that this is one rivalry that will not end well.

• Love 7

Wigtastic! I love it. I still think she's having coma juice-related blackouts.

I think they are setting up the next murder trial. Either Kelly did Phyllis, Phyllis did Kelly, or one of the others who hate Phyllis did her and let Kelly take the fall. Who knows? Depends on how popular each is at the time or unpopular in the producers small minds.

If Phyllis did do something, an excuse is the demon coma juice did it, made me a zombie....

• Love 2

Michael hit the nail on the head today with the reason I think Psycho Phil is setting up Kelly. When Michael asked Phyllis what she was doing to get back at Kelly she said she wasn't doing anything to get back at Kelly. As if that would ever happen in PP's world. When has she ever just sat back and played the victim without revenge? Never would be the answer to that question. And as Kelly said to Jack, why would she give him the florist's card if she is the one who ordered the flowers? In any case I have to give props to the writers as it is a very entertaining storyline.

• Love 5

Wigtastic! I love it. I still think she's having coma juice-related blackouts.

Phyllis has used wigs before in her sneak attacks, she is definitely not above such trickery, but I do find it hard to believe that she would just leave it out there in a place where it would obviously  be found by Jack....Phyllis has never been very smart though, keeping a receipt for years after trying to do in Christine, getting caught in no time after her fiasco in Sharon's hotel room, she always does something very stupid in her escapades, so is the wig left where it could be found, really that much of a stretch? Both of the opponents in this war is downright crazy, and capable of bizarre behavior which makes it a very entertaining and freaky...the great part about this is I don't really care who wins in this, because I don't like either character..it is wonderful to see Phyllis in torment though..payback is wonderful..

• Love 4

how would Kelly (or anyone for that matter including Abby) know that Jack and Phyl were going to arrive at the GCAC seperately on NYE? Wasn't it a last minute decision? How would anyone know ahead of time to empty Phyllis' gas tank? And even if someone did, how could they make sure her phone was dead so she could not call a taxi to get to the GCAC rather than having to walk?

I called foul when I first saw this-too much serendipity.  But....I do think Kelly set up the dress thing and then when Jack showed up alone and said something about Red showing up later, Kelly maaaybe could have run off and drained the gas.  That was a real stretch for me.  The phone-just a luck break for Kelly.  I don't think she set that up, but figured that on New Year's Eve Phyliss would have a hard time getting a cab or a tow and would be late.  But Kelly needed her there to have the dress thing work.  Phyl would have called Jack to come pick her up-the dead phone was just the cherry on Kelly's revengesundae.  I really don't think Kelly knows who she is playing with-especially now that the coma juice may be causing neuron snaps.

• Love 5

I just don't see the gas thing - and especially since Kelly was working at it is one of the busiest nights of the year. Not that that would stop virtually any working person in GC from not being where they are supposed to be. Also dressgate. I would think between Psycho Phyl and Krazy Kelly, it would be more likely that Phyl set up Kelly if it wasn't just an (unbelievable) co-incidence. The dess was very much Kelly's taste, and not at all Phyllis's. The woman can barely get through a winter day without wearing something sleeveless, backless, or almost frontless.

• Love 3

I just don't see the gas thing - and especially since Kelly was working at it is one of the busiest nights of the year. Not that that would stop virtually any working person in GC from not being where they are supposed to be. Also dressgate. I would think between Psycho Phyl and Krazy Kelly, it would be more likely that Phyl set up Kelly if it wasn't just an (unbelievable) co-incidence. The dess was very much Kelly's taste, and not at all Phyllis's. The woman can barely get through a winter day without wearing something sleeveless, backless, or almost frontless.

Everyone knows I'm nuts, but I think I remember Lily running around complaining that Kelly has disappeared and she couldn't find her - I don't remember who she was talking to.  That said, I think it would be damned hard for anyone to siphon gas in that dress.  

• Love 3
Everyone knows I'm nuts, but I think I remember Lily running around complaining that Kelly has disappeared and she couldn't find her - I don't remember who she was talking to.  That said, I think it would be damned hard for anyone to siphon gas in that dress.

lol. You are not nuts. I can't remember the NYE episode -- so you may be right -- but we discussed on the main board how random it was that Kelly went to see Stitch at Jabot the day of the hotel switcheroo. That would have given her a chance to go to the flower shop and to dump the wig at the Abbott house -- since apparently everyone moves about at lightning speed in GC.

What is impressing me about this storyline is that it can go in a number of directions and it would be fairly plausible (by Y&R standards). And no one is spoiling it. Branco seems out of the loop and the actors are keeping mum.

• Love 4

Ah, I do remember something now about Lilly looking for Kelly on NYE. I see though that the writers are also throwing 'Phyllis blacking out due to her anti coma mystery drug' into the mix. Well played writers, well played.

On the other hand the idea of Victoria bringing back Brash and Sassy? Ugh. I always thought it looked like something directed at teenagers, which made sense since Victoria was pretty young when she came up with the idea. But I just don't see it - a dated idea and name.

• Love 6

Ah, I do remember something now about Lilly looking for Kelly on NYE. I see though that the writers are also throwing 'Phyllis blacking out due to her anti coma mystery drug' into the mix. Well played writers, well played.

Now that my brain is recovering, I am really enjoying this storyline.  I saved this entire hotel room fiasco (4 episodes) and re-watched it all carefully last night, and I see everything that people have been talking about.  I simply couldn't follow it before and I hated the whole thing but, back to normal, I can follow it.  I didn't say I understand who's doing what, but I don't think anyone does - I think this could just possible be (gasp) good writing,  I am loving the new Adam, and beginning to like the new Phyllis.  I enjoyed the Phyllis/Michael scenes yesterday, and he does cast doubt on her innocence, for sure.  However, you can see crazy in Kelly's eyes and that big stupid smile.  The Winter's thing still bores the hell out of me, but I am liking the Chelsea/Sharon connection, and suppose we have to accept Joe's demise as a Dylan prop.  Scott Elrod has been so WASTED as a character, but he was probably not going to spend a long time on a soap, anyhow.  While I will continue to be disgusted by all things Victor and Nick, I am going forward believing this crapfest is improving.  It's a new year, after all - we can try to be positive.

Edited by movinon
  • Love 6

While I will continue to be disgusted by all things Victor and Nick, I am going forward believing this crapfest is improving.  It's a new year, after all - we can try to be positive.

Couldn't agree more. And frankly my hopes were elevated even higher after watching Jack pull that dead possum of a wig out of Phyliss' bag, and GT being the good sport she must be... put in on her head and vamped in front of a mirror!  LoL  Fingers crossed the new regime keep this stuff rolling.   

• Love 8
Scott Elrod has been so WASTED as a character, but he was probably not going to spend a long time on a soap, anyhow.

Yet he got a spot on the opening credits... I think (unless he wants out) that they should keep him. He is the only male character I enjoy looking at these days. The rest of them do absolutely nothing for me.

• Love 4

I have been amazed at the writing in the Kelly-Jack-Phyllis story. It's smart and believable. Every time Jack accuses one of the women (and we viewers think, yeah, she's the NUT), the woman responds with a reasonable and believable explanation. There have been some small issues -- such as Phyllis walking into Jack and Kelly's room (I have never been to a hotel where rooms can be opened without an access card; are we to believe the front desk just handed one to Phyllis?) It's also hard to believe that anyone went to the florist to order the roses. Why not just call? But these are small points I can forgive because the overall dialogue etc. is being handled well. I hope they don't blow it.

It's hard to believe this is the same show as the Crimson Lights story. That one is just straight up stupid. Although to be fair I FF almost all of it so maybe it's not that bad.

• Love 8

So I was convinced that it was Phyllis trying to make Kelly look crazy, and that she was gaslighting her, but it is now obvi that Kelly, like all women who love Jack, has gone BSC and just poisoned herself to make it look like Phyllis did it.  I liked this storyline better when I though Phyllis was behind everything.

• Love 4

I may be hallucinating here, but yesterday's CDN [today's US] was better--well, I'm hoping, anyway.

Specifically, and in no particular order:

Jill vs Victor--fun! Jill gives Victor a press release concept all about his relinquishing Chancellor. Nice audacity, and better writing. Jill's suit--she hasn't looked so well dressed in ages, and I do love me some Jill. [Colin, unfortunately, still seems like a waste of a goodish soap actor--he had one good line about sending a scoundrel to catch a scoundrel, though...]

Abby and Ashley in the lab [with Stitch, but who cares?]: Ashley finally gets some in-character lines, and ejects Victor's spy-nerd. Abby, dear, though, no sneaking some Eau de Rape out to Victoria's, please. Although it's kind of fun, shouldn't Ashley have stopped her?

Less impressive, but not too bad:

Mouse-eatin' Phyllis, Jack, and Dr Coma Juice--this could have gone somewhere, but, no...

Lily's short massage appointment--cliffhanger--at the door... Well, Devon and Hilary, much as I wanted Neil to have one of his sight-flashes and catch you two, it may have to be Lily.

Uninteresting--Neil and whatshername taking up space at the GCAC

• Love 3

I may be hallucinating here, but yesterday's CDN [today's US] was better--well, I'm hoping, anyway.

I am seeing the same pattern and I'm so afraid it could be a fluke.  Everyone was predicting doom and gloom with Chuck Pratt, but if he's the head writer, I am seeing improvement.  After years of FFing 80% of this garbage, I find I am only FFing the Winters stuff.  Until they get Hilary back to her former fiery glory and out of everybody's pants, I refuse to watch it.  I am not seeing Bill Bell's work, but I think it could be turning in a good direction.  Please.............

• Love 4

After years of FFing 80% of this garbage, I find I am only FFing the Winters stuff.

You're thumb doesn't go all twitchy on the ff button when Summer appears?   Mine sure does, I can't control it. lol

Edited by klopek
  • Love 6

My finger is firmly planted on the FF button as soon as Hevon show up on my screen. Same with Dummer and Austin. I hate Neil but if he's in a scene with someone else, I'll watch him. Those four however, I simply can't.

• Love 7

If Hilary and Devon don't get found out by the end of the week... *flips table*

And judging by yesterday's episode, Kelly is lower than Phyllis. Praise TV Jeebus.

Is it wrong for me to hope that her poisonous plans backfire and she offs herself?  I don't mean the actor any harm--I never do--but if someone in that triangle of Kelly's in has to go, it might as well be her.

Edited by C76
  • Love 7