Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

Sharon looked absolutely stunning in her dress and I thought all the wedding decor, including the bridesmaids' dresses, were really lovely. Noah's speech to his parents was so endearing and I felt SC, JM and RA really brought it in those scenes. So it was really disappointing for me that Sharon couldn't have just this ONE day  to be special. All those anvils about Faith freaking about "bad luck" because Nick saw Sharon's wedding dress, Nick's proclamations about nothing going to stop them from getting married, the ridiculous gift of Phyllis's earrings Summer gave to Sharon, etc. wasn't for nothing. Shick had a beautiful wedding...until Monster-Mashing FrankenPhyll ruined it with her appearance near the end. I really was hoping they would just let Shick be married before Phyllis busted in, but nope. Maybe it is just me, but I felt Sharon should have been allowed to have a beautiful wedding without that freak Phyllis ruining it, but alas I was expecting far too much from these writers. Sigh.

Apparently SuperPyllis talked the cop into letting her go (as if!!!) so she could get to the chapel in time to ruin the wedding. Then she collapses to the floor mid zombie-stride towards Sharon! Lol. How totally hokey that was! So, it will be interesting to see if Sharon and Nick actually get to seal the deal when/IF the SECRET comes out. I'm so ready for this SECRET to be done with already. I'm bored with it.

• Love 6

Very stupid not to allow them to say I now pronounce you man and wife!  If the attempt was to have Phyllis ruin the relationship wouldn't it be better if they were already married to create more of a dilemma when this stupid dragged out secret comes out?!?  

• Love 3

You would think. So why have Nick and Sharon come this close only to yank the rug out from under them again? Why the months and months of Shick build-up with constant Phyllis anvils dropping only to have it turn out exactly as predicted? Phyllis comes and ruins the wedding. Where's the surprise in that?

• Love 6

You would think. So why have Nick and Sharon come this close only to yank the rug out from under them again? Why the months and months of Shick build-up with constant Phyllis anvils dropping only to have it turn out exactly as predicted? Phyllis comes and ruins the wedding. Where's the surprise in that?

This. I think the writers are just screwing with us at this point.  The whole Jack and Kelly agonizing about Phyllis and then Phylllis comes back to Jack's house, walks in and says HOME, the putting back of her picture were all meant to throw us off the real aim:  PHICK! 

• Love 6

Well if that's how the writers want to play us and retread ridic Phick, then I am OUT. Everything has been indicating Phyllis' feelings are for Jack and vice versa (hence all the Kelly insecurity). Nick has shown zero interest in Phyllis and hasn't for some time as he couldn't even be bothered to visit her even one time in Georgia. Nick practically steps over Phyllis with barely a glance down at her while she's collapsed on the chapel floor to go chase after Sharon (lol). Hilarious! So how exactly are we supposed to buy Phick round 548123 at this stage? Even IF Nick walks away from Sharon after Le Secret comes out, I am just not gonna swallow that he'd want to go back to Phyllis. I could see him going back to Avery before Phyllis!

And as was pointed out, why must Jack's feelings/love always be secondary to Nick? This is absurd to me also that Phyllis's primary concern apparently is not Jack or her dotter, but ruining Nick's wedding to Sharon. Please.

Edited by Gigi
  • Love 9

Well if that's how the writers want to play us and retread ridic Phick, them I am OUT. Everything has been indicating Phyllis' feelings are for Jack and vice versa (hence all the Kelly insecurity). Nick has shown zero interest in Phyllis and hasn't for some time as he couldn't even be bothered to visit her even one time in Georgia. Nick practically steps over Phyllis with barely a glance down at her while she's collapsed on the chapel floor to go chase after Sharon (lol). Hilarious! So how exactly are we supposed to buy Phick round 548123 at this stage? Even IF Nick walks away from Sharon after Le Secret comes out, I am just not gonna swallow that he'd want to go back to Phyllis. I could see him going back to Avery before Phyllis!

And as was pointed out, why must Jack's feelings/love always be secondary to Nick? This is absurd to me also that Phyllis's primary concern apparently is not Jack or her dotter, but ruining Nick's wedding to Sharon. Please.

ICA.  I think they've changed writers so many time that they just have no clue where they're going with this shit any more.  It's like a dog chasing it's tail at this point.  It's like they think we are so stupid that we'll just eat up any crappy mishmash they throw at us and ask for more.  It's insulting really.

• Love 5

For the drama of course.. how boring if boring shick actually got to marry. I want to see the nutbar go off the rails when nick dumps her again. And he will, he always does. 

I liked Sharon's wedding dress but it would have been nice if she could have brushed that rats nest,, her hair looked like shit.

Well if that's how the writers want to play us and retread ridic Phick,

Of course they are.. shick and phick will never die as long as this show is on the air.. there has never been a bigger fan base war then shick and phick.. never more talk.. the writers would be idiots to just end it.. no way should one side ever be the end all be all..this triangle is pure soap...

After seeing the episode though, I don't think Phick is really where they're going here. Nick didn't show any concern at all, he stepped past Phyllis's unconscious body and ran after Sharon. lol

• Love 3

After seeing the episode though, I don't think Phick is really where they're going here. Nick didn't show any concern at all, he stepped past Phyllis's unconscious body and ran after Sharon. lol

I agree. I just watched Monday's U.S.

Nick was not remotely concerned about Phyllis -- I was especially amused that he wanted to continue the ceremony and marry Sharon with Phyllis lying unconscious in the aisle "the minister's still here" -- and Phyllis was focused only on Sharon, not Nick. Jack and Summer and Avery were shown to be Phyllis' primary family as they hovered over her and she woke to Jack's request to open her eyes.

Plus her flashbacks are about Jack. I think she is confused because of the anti-coma juice. She is angry (as she was when she fell down the stairs) at Sharon and she's propelled by that emotion. I don't think she fully remembers why she's angry. I actually think that would be somewhat clever, that she is still in the throes of the rage she felt when she was knocked into the coma. 

This is the only thing that makes sense to me. Kelly's reaction to Jack and Phyllis was heavily featured in the second half of the show, so I think that is where they're headed. She also was clearly wearing her engagement ring. So she didn't pawn it.

I do think it's too soon to blow up Sharon's world. So I doubt Phyllis remembers. 

If they go anywhere near Phick, I'm done. But I don't think that's where they're headed. After all.

• Love 8

If they go anywhere near Phick, I'm done. But I don't think that's where they're headed. After all.

Your lips to God's ears. I don't even hate Phyllis, I just hate Phick. End Phick or (God forbid) end Shick, but no more of this triangle. These characters and these actors deserve to move on to other stories.

Even knowing that it was all going to go to hell, I teared up about five times during that almost-wedding. I even teared up at Summer crying over her mom. I must be hormonal.

But I have no tears for Kelly. None.

• Love 4

Your lips to God's ears. I don't even hate Phyllis, I just hate Phick. End Phick or (God forbid) end Shick, but no more of this triangle. These characters and these actors deserve to move on to other stories.

Yes please. I don't even care about Nick or Sharon but at this point I want them together so this stupid triangle will finally be over. Why are people fighting over Nick? 

But I have no tears for Kelly. None.

I'm really excited to see today's U.S. show because I want to see the look on Smelly's face when she realizes Jack's Red is back. Stupid idiot deserves to suffer for being stupid enough to get involved with Jack in the first place. 

• Love 3

Yep, Kelly is pretty woeful once Phyllis shows up. Jack forgot all about her and just ran to Phyllis. Oh dear.

I hope your right miamama and the writers are just throwing us a red herring. Plus, I really can't see a Phick redux with GT as Phyllis. Just not seeing it at all.

While I loathe Phyllis, I really think the drama is in a new battle with her and Kelly over Jack and I would be interested in watching Phyllis for the first time since Phack 1.0 when she was battling with Diane. Good times!

• Love 2
Yes please. I don't even care about Nick or Sharon but at this point I want them together so this stupid triangle will finally be over. Why are people fighting over Nick?

This! Why does anyone want this lying loser????? Despite my disgust with Nick, I think Sharon and Nick belong together. They are probably the last remaining long-term soap couple on television. There's a lot of power in that. I think that's why I found the Tagore poem so sweet. It actually fit. Cripes. We've watched these people together for 20 years! I was never a Shick shipper but they fit. And they have lots of potential story with their THREE kids, Mariah, Noah and Faith, especially Mariah.

The stupid triangle died so many deaths that it is embarrassing to try and revive it. And the other thing that just occurred to me is Nick and Avery had a few moments pre-wedding, and didn't Avery look a bit distressed when she learned of the Shick marriage? If Nick turns to anyone after The Secret comes out, I'd buy Avery over Phyllis. But it won't happen. I really think Shick is the end game. JFP even made a comment recently that the Shick reunion will make the fans happy. I think they get it. At least on this one.

I'm really excited to see today's U.S. show because I want to see the look on Smelly's face when she realizes Jack's Red is back.

I thoroughly enjoyed it (I even rewatched). Jack absolutely forgot Kelly existed.

• Love 3

Plus, like, seriously, and sorry to be so crude, but Nick should not be fucking women old enough to have fucked and married (rinse, lather, repeat) someone his mother fucked and married.

i hated all of those pairings: Jack with Sharon, Victoria with Brad, Nick and Phyliss, Sharon and bloody Victor. Yuck! And we can add Lily and Cane to that bunch, even though Cane isn't as old as Jack. 

• Love 3

Plus, like, seriously, and sorry to be so crude, but Nick should not be fucking women old enough to have fucked and married (rinse, lather, repeat) someone his mother fucked and married.

But there are only 10 people in this town (and half of them are related) so they have to fuck and marry each other over and over

Unless they have a metior hit GC (Fingers crossed for sweeps) and kill half the cast to pay for nuAdam... they could hire ABC actors. Do a cross over with the Ford brothers from OLTL. They'll be good for the show. If they couldn't write for Jesse and Angie the MWT's could find their level.

Edited by crowsworks

After seeing the episode though, I don't think Phick is really where they're going here. Nick didn't show any concern

Oh I do. I think Phick will get back together within a year. Nick is wishy washy like always. I think tptb know that the phick shick stuff always makes people talk.. the talk with Phyllis back just one day is massive. Phick is so going to happen and I am going to be laffing my head off when they do.. poor sharon won't know what to do.. what to steal or who to fuck...she is plum out of Newmans left to do...

If they go anywhere near Phick, I'm done.

That is how I felt about Shick.. I would hate to see you go tho.. I love reading your posts..

Yep, Kelly is pretty woeful once Phyllis shows up. Jack forgot all about her and just ran to Phyllis. Oh dear.

That was great stuff. Smelly is going to see jack never loved her like he loves Phyllis and I just don't give a damn. I hope she goes bat shit crazy like Sharon. Edited by radishcake
Offensive Nickname

I agree. I just watched Monday's U.S.

Nick was not remotely concerned about Phyllis -- I was especially amused that he wanted to continue the ceremony and marry Sharon with Phyllis lying unconscious in the aisle "the minister's still here" -- and Phyllis was focused only on Sharon, not Nick. Jack and Summer and Avery were shown to be Phyllis' primary family as they hovered over her and she woke to Jack's request to open her eyes.

Plus her flashbacks are about Jack. I think she is confused because of the anti-coma juice. She is angry (as she was when she fell down the stairs) at Sharon and she's propelled by that emotion. I don't think she fully remembers why she's angry. I actually think that would be somewhat clever, that she is still in the throes of the rage she felt when she was knocked into the coma. 

This is the only thing that makes sense to me. Kelly's reaction to Jack and Phyllis was heavily featured in the second half of the show, so I think that is where they're headed. She also was clearly wearing her engagement ring. So she didn't pawn it.

I do think it's too soon to blow up Sharon's world. So I doubt Phyllis remembers. 

You won't be the only one for sure..I don't see Phick anywhere in the near future..I think Phyllis remembers but won't say anything, when she finds out Jack is with Kelly, she will use the fact that Jack thinks they have a child together to her advantage in breaking up his relationship with Kelly..

• Love 3

If they go anywhere near Phick, I'm done.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard this from the fans of this show for whatever variation of portmanteau couples (i.e., Phick, Shick, Shadam, Smelly, Nictor, etc.) throughout the past ten years, I'd be vacationing on my yacht off Tahiti by now. 

I think whatever the intentions were with Shick, Smelly, Davery, Chelly Villy or Vitch (er.. whatever they're called) have probably come to - or will - a screeching halt with the arrival of Chuck Pratt soon to happen. Y&R will not be the same with him as HW and co-EP as it was with JP and SA writing.  All bets are off, so best to roll with it or stop watching.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 3

Toomuchsoap---I think you are 100% right---all I have to do is think back to what he did to Tad on AMC and the whole burying the evil doctor alive thing and I remember only too well how awful it can and probably will be--Phyllis is just the sort of character he will like too so woe for pretty much everyone else especially if they have been on the show more than 5 minutes or are a fan fave--he will eat them for breakfast.

• Love 1

If I had a nickel for every time I heard this from the fans of this show for whatever variation of portmanteau couples (i.e., Phick, Shick, Shadam, Smelly, Nictor, etc.) throughout the past ten years, I'd be vacationing on my yacht off Tahiti by now.

LOL we would be rich..

I think Phyllis remembers but won't say anything, when she finds out Jack is with Kelly, she will use the fact that Jack thinks they have a child together to her advantage in breaking up his relationship with Kelly..

This is a very interesting theory and one I hadn't thought of.  Up until now, I keep thinking the meds have Phyllis messed up on what part of her life she is remembering.  I would much rather have her mind clear and this theory sounds very much like something Phyllis would do.  In the meantime, Sharon doesn't know if Phyllis knows anything or not - more good drama for her, if she doesn't remember.  At this point, I think Sharon would tell Nick the truth, if she remembered.  Of course, not great for Summer, but I don't find myself caring a lot about the character of Summer.  You need to be writing for this pathetic show, because this is logical, in character, and would bring tons of drama.  

• Love 3

Not sure why people's integrity needs to be questioned on this board. 

I think Phyllis remembers but won't say anything, when she finds out Jack is with Kelly, she will use the fact that Jack thinks they have a child together to her advantage in breaking up his relationship with Kelly..

That sounds like Phyllis. I also think Phyllis will be concerned Jack will fall off the wagon if he finds out Summer isn't his. There was a lot of anvil dropping about this in today's show. And I found the resurgence of Jack's rage against Nick weird. Not that he shouldn't be angry. But the show has buried it for so long. I think Phyllis will keep it from him. She seems to me to remember what happened. I also think the final twist will be Summer is Jack's after all and Sharon didn't do a damn thing with the test. How many times did Nick and Sharon use the word "hallucination" in the post wedding scene at the cemetery?

• Love 5

I much prefer Sharon (she has a name it is not nutbar) meeting Phyllis head on (If that is indeed what she is doing and not another dream by someone) then cowering at home on her sofa, intimidated by the secret and Phyllis's dramatic entrance..I don't see it as stalking, I see it as taking control and getting right to the heart of the problem..way to go Sharon, I hope this is not just someone's dream..to me stalking is showing up at someone's wedding uninvited in a long white dress..a perfect example of stalking.

edited to add..I really wish Sharon's appearance in that room would send Phyllis right back into a permanent coma...

Edited by Canadian
  • Love 11

I did enjoy watching Sybil starting to freak out. You can see it in her deer in the headlight look. I hope she goes back to cuckooo she is more fun to watch . I hate Shick and I really hope this secret destroys them for a good long time.

The only time I enjoy watching SC is when her character is flat out nutjob.

[seinfeld voice]What's the deal with Kelly's wigs? [/seinfeld voice]  Sometimes I simply don't recognize her.  Srsly.  Yesterday's wig was particularly egregious - it made her look like a young Orthodox Jewish woman with a new sheitel. 

• Love 1
Guess i owe someone a nickle since I dropped this mess when MM left - watched maybe 15 minutes by accident in the last year. Said I would...did...

I owe more nickels than I could pay at this point myself. I vowed the same thing, and damned if I didn't succumb to my old habit.  I'm not sure how or why a person's integrity could honestly get wrapped up in a two-bit expression that everyone has used since god knows how long, and over a soap at that though.

[seinfeld voice]What's the deal with Kelly's wigs? [/seinfeld voice]  Sometimes I simply don't recognize her.  Srsly.  Yesterday's wig was particularly egregious - it made her look like a young Orthodox Jewish woman with a new sheitel. 

Why do they feel the need to have her wear wigs?  I don't get it. She looked great on the very first episode she was on, rocking that fabulous ponytail. She looked awesome in those episodes that week and then they decided to make her over in the image of gals on The Housewives series (I'm thinking New Jersey here).

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 3

Is it just me or is the fabulousness that is supposed to be Phyllis being handled rather heavy handedly? She's been described as this "force of nature", a strong woman, Sharon will always come out on the losing end, Kelly isn't frightening and something or other., Billy described her as a well loved citizen of GC.. Sorry but I never found Phyl to be anything other than a loud-mouthed, annoying bitch who bullied everyone around her including her family.  

If anything ,I'm wondering if these are anvils of their own which mean the exact opposite will happen. 

• Love 3

I owe more nickels than I could pay at this point myself. I vowed the same thing, and damned if I didn't succumb to my old habit.

I quit because I wanted to refuse my ratings after the guys left so I delayed watching for a week. (Someone suggested that it doesn't count then - I don't really know)  DVR 5 shows and then watch them in order (bonus: no political commercials) and guess what. After a week of reading the posts here I hit delete/all unwatched.. After that it was easy. There are too many good shows on demand and the DVR. Got back over 200 hours of my life.

Flipping around I finally spied Avery's ex. OK looking but weak around the chin and kinda smarmy... then Lane came on and I switched to a Discovery channel special on Black Mambas. (They can digest a whole rat in 8 hours)

• Love 1

Holy Shit on today's Canuckian!  This new Phyllis is actually much bitchier and more unlikeable than MS'.  I never expected that.  

I loved GT on OLTL, but i know she played a bitch/hell on wheels on another soap, and I guess this is what she is channeling.  I was watching the scenes and I really do not think even MS would be that over the top bitchy/crazy.  But maybe the writers are going a different direction.  I would have expected Phyllis to be grateful she is awake, to be asking about Summer's life, and Jack, etc, but she is just full on bitchy, and not in a good way.  And over on GH MS is playing a crazy bitch too.  EGADS.

• Love 2

Is she really wearing wigs or does she just have different hairdo's on different days? I have found that naturally curly hair is very versatile and looks very different depending on what you do to it. Maybe she has naturally curly hair?

Plus, I don't think wigs come with dark roots.

• Love 1

So... as everyone speculated because it could be seen for miles away, Chloe is definitely pregnant. Oh, well. Wonder when she'll return to town permanently.

I don't give a shit about stupid bitch Chloe and Delia 2.0.

• Love 1

Puhhhhlllllleeeeaaaasssse no more memorials!!  Cassie, Mrs C and now Delia?  And not that I am looking for another one but how come they didn't do one for John Abbott...both he and Cassie come back as ghosts so ? 

• Love 1

I think Victor should have to sponsor one for Coleen at least once every five years or so.  I can't believe that sweet girl's heart beats in that selfish man's chest, and he never mentions being even slightly grateful.  Never a thank you to any of the Abbotts, especially Traci, for the gift of life - how very consistent of him..... 

Edited by movinon
  • Love 3

Wow, I find Devon to be the most dour asexual unappealing man who was ever on a soap.  I have always hated him, and I believe it is the actor's fault.  These so called love scenes between Devon and Hilary are so boring and actually painful to watch.  So I was glad that at the end of today's show it looks like we may get some action with the blind man walking in on them with Cane and with his cane.  I predict they will all pretend Devon is not in the room, which will put Cane in a deliciously awkward position.

• Love 6

Wow, I find Devon to be the most dour asexual unappealing man who was ever on a soap.  I have always hated him, and I believe it is the actor's fault.  These so called love scenes between Devon and Hilary are so boring and actually painful to watch.  So I was glad that at the end of today's show it looks like we may get some action with the blind man walking in on them with Cane and with his cane.  I predict they will all pretend Devon is not in the room, which will put Cane in a deliciously awkward position.

Well at least the Winters family will bring some levity for once.

• Love 1